Loot Blocking Glitch

Aydonis

Guardian
Society
NBK Elite
Aydonis Deathsfeet Harris
Sorry if this is already up here. Searched forums but couldnt find a thread for this bug.

Already sent bug report to MA so I'll just post the screenies and the report below since it describes the incident.

Creature: Cornundacauta Old
Issue: Inability to loot body

I killed the creature and it fell across the visable border line between cells. I was unable to loot the body. So I was unable to even have a chance to redeem the decay on my scope, laser sight, e-amp, breer m3a, armor, as well as the ammo burn it cost to kill the creature.

I have a screenshot showing the creature as it lay as well as a screenshot afterward showing the system messages at the time of the incident. There was no message stating that the body could not be looted. It just did nothing while i tried every method of looting available repeatedly till the body vanished with my possible loot and spent peds.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/members/aydonis/albums/album/27829-cornunglitch.jpg

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/members/aydonis/albums/album/27830-cornunglitch2.jpg

I've had this bug too occasionally.
I bet you get the same answer from support that I did: maybe it got damaged by another player or a turret previously.
Which is total bollocks since a turret would kill it, and you can loot the mob once its HP goes above 50%, previous damage notwithstanding.
I tested this with a friend on several young Exos - he damaged them below 50%, we waited til they regenerated anough HP, then I finished them. Each time I was able to loot them so it appears that support were just feeding me bullshit.

But the end result was that support muttered something about not being able to reproduce it and therefore weren't going to do anything about it.

I certainly hope they've pulled their finger out since then.
But I doubt it :rolleyes:

Looking at your screenies seems you killed the mob on a server boundary. I notice that when I kill something near a server boundary I am unable to loot it...

sorry for the off-topic, but "...the decay on my scope, laser sight, e-amp, breer m3a "...
Did not know an e-amp even fits on a breer m3a, but with that setup I would not even consider mentioning the decay.
Another question would be, if you tried looting it via the healthbar.
Had a few kills on bounderies but never any problem with looting (except that "out of range" bug that was fixed a few months ago)
Even though it sounds silly, but quite probaly you have not lost the loot at all. Loot gets generated when you loot the corpse, it is not put in before that. You should be getting it with the next kills.

I have had the same issue except on hills..You kill the mob mid hill and it slides down like we do when we die..If you follow the carcas to loot you get an outta range mesage. Look on radar and you see the dead mob blue dot back where you killed the mob. I learned on hills and server boundries to pull the health bar off attacking mobs. that way they dont slide away, end up underground and unseeable, or stuck in something else you are not allowed to see past.

Let me tell you.. the message you just missed was "This creature did not carry any loot" ;)

sometimes disconnect and reconnect is working

I have had this before but i sometimes find that if you move around you cant loot it if you are on one side of the border but if you walk to the other side then you can

I dont now if it's the same bug but I have experienced one related to a long delay between the death of the mob and the announcement in chat and the opening of the window loot. When the bug happens I have the feeling that the system takes a long time to calculate the loot that will drop me. The results are presented after a long time and vary from a "no loot" to a major global (see illustration of the chat window on my blog).

It happened to me in the same place of hunting in which messages and loot window opened with no problem, the phenomenon has occurred hunting (team hunting) different types of mobs in diferents locations (with atrox and feffos). At times I have followed the hunt without any problem and in others when the problem has been repeated've abandoned the chase because not knowing the outcome I was uncomfortable.

In my case the bug has not stopped receiving even globals but I must admit that it is not agreeable to kill the mob without knowing immediately what has been the loot.

yep

I've had that happen a lot! Not as often I feel, but still. A lot of people loot the body before it even hits the ground so maybe they don't see it as much.

A lot of times there will be a foot sticking out still... or a molisk toe!

Complete BS.

I at least want my "this creature carried no lot":lolup:

sorry for the off-topic, but "...the decay on my scope, laser sight, e-amp, breer m3a "...
Did not know an e-amp even fits on a breer m3a, but with that setup I would not even consider mentioning the decay.
E-Amp 12 does 10 damage :wise:

Happened to a feffoid once to me too, the body just was there and I couldn't loot it from any direction. I jumped and tried every single angle I could.

I decided to try a relog and the body dissappeared :rolleyes:

Edit.

I couldn't even select the body, there was nothing to click on.

I certainly hope they've pulled their finger out since then.
But I doubt it :rolleyes:

I will reproduce the effect, if i can, and make an actual screencap vid of it if required.

But I've put through a few support cases on other issues, one even relating to me not being able to dump a pile more money in their bank account, and based on those experiences and the delays I really don't expect much. And there are a large number of more pressing issues they seem long overdue to fix, (i.e. fixing problems with houses, or the ability to glitch a tt or loot window into pvp) I really don't expect very much for this minor one.

Just thought I should make it public to warn others. I learned my lesson and will avoid the large world spanning border lines from now on. Even should they claim it's been fixed in the future. Burnt once shame on you, burnt twice shame on me, burnt three times and I'm a dumbass.

There are no turrets nearby 65018, 85724 is the closest turret to 65532, 85327 where it occurred. It's smack right on a revival line if you check the map, it is the border of the cell with Corinth Hills and the cell with Livas tp.
So a distance of appx. 500, 400 meters... if turrets could hit that far mobs would be much more sparse across Calypso :laugh:

sorry for the off-topic, but...
Another question would be, if you tried looting it via the healthbar.

Yes, tried all loot methods I am aware of. I attack with right mouse button to limit lost shots after a mob dies so this was my first attempt and where I first noticed something wronge. Second was to try the left click repeatedly, third was to pull the status bar over and click it both with lmb and rmb repeatedly, then repeat all steps from different angles till the body vanished with no results.

And the answer to the e-amp question is provided by RedFrog... I use an e-amp 12 though i usually take it off for these types of mobs and reserve for atrax, bercycled providers, etc. where i actually need it. I was on a mining run and felt like taking a few pot shots at some mobs for kicks and to see if I could manage to get a little loot, while making my way some distance before dropping more bombs/probes. I did manage to get a global on alcenies about an hour later and a little east :yay: so not too concerned about possible lost loot. At least I had a chance for getting skills from the mob. But with this glitch, you never see the ammo burn or decay reimbursed or even denied by a 'no loot', so it's like getting a 'no loot' without even getting a shot at rolling the dice.

I mentioned the decay because I'm an information junkie and give as much as I like to receive. Plus, being a new member, I count my pennies and know what it's gonna do to my wallet when I eventually put repairs on those items. So should I go and shoot up in the air at the moon, that is my choice to waste and I must accept the concequences of my actions, but I would prefer not to have to account for an unexpected and undesireable loss of peds as well that should not even exsist.

and eco drops from 2.86 to 2.81.. owww the decay the decay!

Lol, wiseass... think of the time you just wasted that you may have been possibly getting an hof, but were instead checking up on my noobish eco concerns. :D

I have had the same issue except on hills..You kill the mob mid hill and it slides down like we do when we die..

Yep, different issue but I have encountered it as well in this as well as other games. In this game I find the right click attack usually gives me a loot window before the body even hits the ground. If it gets stuck in that sliding up and down cycle, I stand in the same spot where I just killed it, and right click it when it appears near me till it coughs up the loot. Only had one where it slipped down into a rock and got stuck inside the rock unlootable.

I dont now if it's the same bug but I have experienced one related to a long delay between the death of the mob and the announcement in chat and the opening of the window loot.

I have encountered this as well, and have even had it precede a global before, but this was different. Usually the delays are accompanied by other symptoms, such as a delay in chatting, a delay in the display of pos or entropia time, delays in changing weapons etc, I was suffering none of these at the time. My belief is that it is something to do with the codiing of cell boundaries and that the body lay within two cells at the same time.

I'm no programmer by any means, but it seems plausable that a solution could be to have the boundaries a 'no fall zone' i.e. if you kill something in very close proximity to a boundary line, have the body fall a certain distance away from that line, but still within radar range so you can find your purple dot. That or, since they already have 'unreachable' in place for mobs stuck in trees etc, make it so that when a mob is on this line, it becomes unreachable, thus reducing the chances that someone will be able to kill it there. Again though, I am no programmer, so I can't look at those two suggestions and say, "yeah I could code that no prob", or "this guy has no idea what that'd take to do that for every boundary/mob".

And to reply to
I tried moving from one cell to the other to try to loot and was unable to produce a loot window. I could select and deselect the mob, as well as other living mobs nearby, but could do no more than that with the body.

I've had that happen a lot! Not as often I feel, but still. A lot of people loot the body before it even hits the ground so maybe they don't see it as much.

A lot of times there will be a foot sticking out still... or a molisk toe!

Complete BS.

I at least want my "this creature carried no lot":lolup:

:laugh: lmao, yep I've seen this as well. That was my mob that slipped into a rock... i could see the bercycleds pointy parts poking out of the stone and a foot on the ground, but couldn't do much but laugh at it and try clicking like mad till it vanished. Then curse my luck cause it was a hard battle and the only peds I had were from selling sweat... think that was my first or second week in game.

I couldn't even select the body, there was nothing to click on.

Similar incident, but I didnt attempt a relog for fear of the time factor on looting, and I was able to select and deselect it cause the body was fully visable. And I attempted targetting another mob, then looking back to the body and trying to loot it again.

----

Well hope that answers them all. Thanks for the input guys much appreciated =) Sorry for bad grammar and poor spelling but I'm dead tired and not thinking so straight.

Last edited:
Yes, tried all loot methods I am aware of. I attack with right mouse button to limit lost shots after a mob dies so this was my first attempt and where I first noticed something wronge. Second was to try the left click repeatedly, third was to pull the status bar over and click it both with lmb and rmb repeatedly, then repeat all steps from different angles till the body vanished with no results.

Maybe you should draw he health bar before shooting ?
That way ou will allways be able to select the corpse even if it has sunk int the ground.

Maybe you should draw he health bar before shooting ?
That way ou will allways be able to select the corpse even if it has sunk int the ground.

Doing that wouldn´t help in this case if i understand him correcly.

I think i know what bug his taking about and it´s cleary not any of the bugs other replyers have mentioned.
Me and my soc-mate hunted sumima sometime in januari and suddenly we wheren´t able to loot the mob.
We thought it was usual loot-lag at first and continued hunting.
After a while we had a nice row of sumimas as a trail where we´ve been hunting. We tried drag the health-bar, we even could take the healtbar from the dead bodies. But it didn´t matter how much we we tried, we couldn´t just loot them. Tried on range and got the message "to far away". Relogged. Made a new team. Killed one by our selfs just to test and so on. Nothing wokred. Then after it´s timeout the body disapered, without even a "no loot"-message. We stopped hunting after we realized something was more wrong than usuall and filed a supportcase.

After ~1+ month we got an reply telling us that we and a "handful" of people had experienced the same thing and they had sent our request of being compensated fot the wasted loot/decay to the board (If i remember correcly). 2 weeks ago i realized that they´ve closed my supportcase without notice. I made a new one and asked about the closed one and got the reply that they missed to inform me but they couldn´t compensate me.
I asked if they where going to go public and warn people of this, in my eyes, new bug. But they told me that they the Eula already says that it doesn´t matter where the bottleneck is in a situation like this. They aren´t oblicated to compensate anyway.
Well, that answer gives them a couple of hundred $ less from me each month for a while now. ;)

/Belgarion

Doing that wouldn´t help in this case if i understand him correcly.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was fishing for; To see if anyone else had encountered this exact issue, and what action I should expect to see from MA. This has been their reply thus far:

MindArk said:
Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for your report. We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation. Any irregularities found will be adjusted. Please follow the News sections of the website for further information and developments.
Thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

As stated earlier my losses were minimal, and I felt I should just post this irregularity to warn other players if there hadn't been a post in the forums already...

Beware the land boundaries!

I will just avoid them from now on and learn from my mistake.

------ New day, new loc, new mob, another accidental loot block -------

Nothing new, I've already added a link to this thread, and the following image to my support case to MA. So they're aware of this info already.

Just shows that even playing it cautious, being aware of this glitch, and attempting to avoid it, it is still a problem (partially due to the difference in scale of the game map and the revival zone maps, or possibly due to slight discrepancies in the drawn revival borders to what the actual borders may be).

Last edited:
2010-06-07 05:13 You wrote:

Another screenshot. I've been attempting to avoid these cell, or revival borders, to the best of my ability but unfortunately I made a kill on another one by accident. Since checking the borders requires I constantly be alt-tabbing back and forth between maps with revival borders on them, and the game itself.

I've posted the originally discovered glitch to make the forum users aware, and recieved a number of replies, many irrelavant, but a couple that detailed the same problem I encountered.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/189614-loot-blocking-glitch-2.html

The new image I have attached to this case is from a different creature in a different area.

===================================================
2010-06-07 15:03 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Please rest assured that your report has been acknowledged and that we will highlight the importance of attending to these issues to the rest of the team.
Thank you for your time and your help in improving the Entropia Universe! Your feedback is highly appreciated!
Kind regards,

==================================================
2010-06-07 23:14 You wrote:

No worries.

As stated in the forum post the issue is a minor one, for me personally, since the losses are still minimal.

I understand there are a great many more demanding issues that must be currently concerning your team. So I just wanted to bring more information to light in the hopes that it may assist you in the possible future resolution of this issue.

Thank you for the reply and your efforts in this matter.

==================================================
2010-06-08 14:11 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
We are happy to help. We will now close this Support Case but please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further inquiries.
We wish you a good day in the Entropia Universe.
Kind regards,

Hmm, so I guess this means the problem is all fixed now? Won't have this happen again when I'm killing bigger mobs and losing greater decay/ammo burn? :laugh: Aww MA support, you're a funny bunch of ducks you are... should've been writing speeches for politicians. :silly2:

Last edited:
Before I lost my gold card, I used to get this bug:eyecrazy:

Have they not fixed that yet?

Feel bad for all those with gold cards.... so secure even you can't log in =(

Was considering getting one too, but not so sure now.

Back