Info: LOOT! Secret Revealed by Support

they can lie you know...

And denial can be a bad thing you know... :silly2:

You can tell when you drop a bomb or loot a mob it goes through a slight thinking stage before it pops up your claim or loot. So it makes sense the system is creating the loot at that time. imo

Those people with support cases on no lootable mobs would be better off asking for there ammo back it appears. They gave miners some lost finds back because of unclimable hills so why not unlootable mobs.

Also on craftin, especially after the ingame AC thingie, if its failure it immediately starts new craft, if i get something it stays on 100% for like 0.5seconds before starting new one and pooping the loot window.

so running eco as hell you can get. doesnt mean anything :laugh:

Edit:
:scratch2: nope sry

Last edited:
Its good to know how my loot is generated. Also good to know why its always uncertain about my extremely low returns which are constant! I'm sure thats still controlled.

This makes sense when you think about it.

If loot was pre-generated and stuffed into the mobs as they spawn, that really removes a lot of the dynamic control of the system to manage the loot pool, since there are places on Eudoria and Amethera that aren't regularly hunted.

Loot would accumulate in these areas while other areas would be hunted dry even though there was plenty of spawn (unless they were timed to commit suicide by running toward water or something).

Generating the loot on-the-fly at the time of looting keeps the best point of control on loot pool management in hand and allows the loot to be focused wherever the hunters are.

Which is great for hunters, if you ask me. :)

Pretty obvious already, but good job getting em to spit it out anyway.

Its good to know how my loot is generated. Also good to know why its always uncertain about my extremely low returns which are constant! I'm sure thats still controlled.

Yeah but i think it's mainly generated according to state of the so called "loot pool" with maybe a small influence of avatar skills,weapon, damage caused, ammo spent possibly. ...oh and accumualted peds spent on repairs.. i do notice an increase of nice loots after spending a decent chunk of ped on repairs but saying that.. it could be mere coincidence

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing when loot is generated tells us nothing about how loot is generated :)

Message from support:
Unfortunately loot is not created until you actually loot the creatures. Hence we have no possibility to see anywhere in our logs what would have been on a creature that was never looted.

So it is true :eek: :eek: there really are loot in this game?! :rolleyes:

Gonna go see if i can find me some :D

Not according to Marco, and I think that it can't be avatar related :scratch2:

Marco have in his on words said that the looter play a big role for what the loot shall be.

I dont remember when and where he said it but he did, thats why no link to his statement.

This still leaves a ton up in the air.

Loot or no loot could still be predetermined. Ped value(or rather a base multiplier) could still be predetermined.

How does knowing any of it help you get more loot? It doesnt ;p

And special event mobs is easy, they just create a min tt loot value, and a item loot table that has a 100% drop rate on such and such items and it doesnt matter if it was 'stuffed' or calculated at time of loot, it will loot what they want it to.

We do know however its possible for a player to influence what items are in the loot window. At least with mining, we can do it with finder depth. With crafting we can do it with the condition slider, and maybe there is a way to do it with hunting too, hard to tell with that one but maybe there is. With hunting we can change the average loot; for instance by killing regen mobs slower, the average tt loot goes up.

awesome

that is really good to know. seems to make sense to me too, like a random generator goes to work when you click on loot.
now if we can only figure out what's up with that Bermuda Triangle thingy and where Jimmy Hoffa is.....

Hm seems a lil bit weird. As i approximatly in 80 % of the cases when i get heavy serendip or perception readings at least gets a loot over 10 peds pretty short after. So i guess what theyr told you there isnt the whole truth.

Ps NEVER is when it comes from MA :rolleyes:

sorry if this has been said before, but i believe their website has stated this exact thing ever since i started playing, and that has been over 3 years now.

(sorry just doing a quick browse of the forums, so if this has been stated already sorry)

edit : just checked, the loot part of the page has been changed, but i am 99% sure that it used to say loot was decided when u actually looted the creature!

Not according to Marco, and I think that it can't be avatar related :scratch2:

So if its calculated at the point of killing or looting the mob and also not avatar related then it can only be random.

Well, if loot is created only when you kill a mob - then why does perception hunting work?

But... it DOESNT work!

You perc believers always confused cause and effect :p

Nice to see it, but I had figured that was the case long ago.

this has always been my understanding too, but just to add fuel to the fire... :D this statement does not mean that certain mobs can not "carry" a certain loot multiplier.

so, hitting the golden mob, when it's carrying a 100x multiplier would get you a global, hof or ATH, depending on your particular ava multiplier (if it does exist).

of course, i don't have a clue if it works like that or not, but the support answer does not preclude this possibility, right? the actual loot amount would still be generated at looting time.

I am thinking the same exact thing with a multiplier idea, need less to say I lost alot of money just yesteerday on Disp ... bouth in dome 17 and 16 killed so many of them only to get a 50 pedder... guess the ones I killed hade bad mulitilers :(

So if its calculated at the point of killing or looting the mob and also not avatar related then it can only be random.

Noooo... it's stated as LOOTING the mob, so killing it isn't a factor at all. Sound nuts?

What if.

I go out hunting with 1k peds ammo as an example.
I kill everything as normal...but loot none of them.
Getting doen to the last 10% of my ammo I start to loot dead mobs.

What would I get then do you think?

A really piss poor return that's all my fault.?
or
Would the system aim for a certain % return average and pay out bigger on the last few mobs to compensate that? On this fictional hunt I'd need to HOF a 700 pedder to make a decent return and not profit.

This may sound daft...but it's the only reliable method to clean up playing one armed bandits in most cases...called forcing a jackpot. The main reason this is such a good method despite costing a lot initially is that a fair chunk of the time the program overestimates the catchup and pays out bigger. On a bandit that's a double or triple JP...here in EU it could be an item with markup?

Tin foil hats on now. :silly2:

t

Noooo... it's stated as LOOTING the mob, so killing it isn't a factor at all. Sound nuts?

What if.

I go out hunting with 1k peds ammo as an example.
I kill everything as normal...but loot none of them.
Getting doen to the last 10% of my ammo I start to loot dead mobs.

What would I get then do you think?

A really piss poor return that's all my fault.?
or
Would the system aim for a certain % return average and pay out bigger on the last few mobs to compensate that? On this fictional hunt I'd need to HOF a 700 pedder to make a decent return and not profit.

This may sound daft...but it's the only reliable method to clean up playing one armed bandits in most cases...called forcing a jackpot. The main reason this is such a good method despite costing a lot initially is that a fair chunk of the time the program overestimates the catchup and pays out bigger. On a bandit that's a double or triple JP...here in EU it could be an item with markup?

Tin foil hats on now. :silly2:

t

Except that you're not the only one at the "one-armed bandit", so this experiment would probably go tits up, cause the odds are it would give the jackpot to somebody else. ;)

I don't think they said it was not avatar related... all they said was it was calculated at the time of looting; not calculated at the time of spawn.

my complaint about the op is:

how many times have we seen examples of Support saying something that is completely wrong? why do we give this one statement so much weight. Maybe this person just wanted lee loo to shut up? and said whatever they thought would work?

That's what I do on the phone with some customers!

Just verifies what I always thought was true, though like was said earlier, I think Marco confirmed something along these lines before. I seemed to remember a chat log or post or something where this was said. I tried searching for it awhile back for another post but I didn't have any luck. It's out there though if someone really feels the need to find it or is just completely bored out of their mind...

What I really want to know if there's a system in place to assure a reasonable TT return rate over time, such as the 90% that is usually quoted. Been gathering some data on that for a couple weeks. So far the signs point to yes, but I think it's really too early to tell...

means my avatar is cursed or my play time sucks.

Except that you're not the only one at the "one-armed bandit", so this experiment would probably go tits up, cause the odds are it would give the jackpot to somebody else. ;)

Not if loot is avatar related ...MA said that there was a target figure of 1 dollar per hour per ava they wanted to hit on average, so it makes sense that the system is set to not comletely break anyone over and over...given that (if it's true OFC), a self induced run of no loot could produce a large one to even the average out roughly...or exceed it if the program is like bandits.

You don't play bandits alone either...some other sucker makes the losses...but it's rare for anyone forcing them to make a large loss..the problem is that you need to know it's fed, and then it can take a big investment to get not much profit.

Just a theory, but also based on something mad JimmyB did once ...assuming MA ever fix EU I'll maybe give it a shot. too risky now until the thing works properly.

Another thing about loot being generated at the time of the looting...since items must be placed in the system at a specific time by FPC/MA, and from past events we know that they can be set to drop for a set number of items over a set time span...and recently FPC guys have appeared right next to avas they wanted to talk to...they must know where each of us are, be able to add an item, and maybe make pretty sure that the person they wsih to get it has the better chance to loot it?

Assuming they wanted me to loot something, they find where i am, what mobs I'm looting, add that item to that mob for an hour...maybe even local to me on the same spawn (Since they can control spawns in locations too)....there we have some conspiracy theory ;)

Tinfoil hats on again :silly2:

t

so it makes sense that the system is set to not comletely break anyone over and over...given that (if it's true OFC), a self induced run of no loot could produce a large one to even the average out roughly...

The problem is that EU is intended as looting mobs, is designed as looting mobs and you trying to no loot 30 mobs will just confirm what JimmyB said, that "no looting mobs is a bad idea".

But do it if you're THAT curious.

Back