Loot system cracked!?

When I was a kid, my Grandpa taught me the secret for winning in ANYTHING.

I've used it trout fishing, deer hunting, getting-a-wife and EU. I'll tell you the whole secret and, if you use it, YOU'LL be a winner too

It's all in how you hold your mouth..

And we are now, in 2009, almost 2010, with another system, that could be unraveled. How would you know I found the right model?

I dont think the system now is totaly different...I think the main system is similar to the old one , but MA did add some more variable...

You can still observe the time zone things while hunting...
You go in crowed spot, and write name of hunter around you , and check the global.You will see that , this area will not make a global for like 30min or 1 hour... then , during 15 min , 3 or 5 global ( and sometime more) will happen there ( you know because of hunter name) , and then no more global for 30 min , 1 hour...

But , time area is not the only triger , thats why following 1 tehory , or trying to use a tehory like 100% bullet proof will never work...
since , in that area we was watching , 1 hunter can TP during the bad loot period , and make ATH , simply because that 2 year he hunt and finally filled up his own loot pool , or because he trigered a hof because of his skill , or because , he was hunting a lot that day , and was TP from bad area to bad area , so he was in big loss and the system balance back...
this , will make purist say , hey , there was a hof during what you call a bad period , so bad period dont exist...

The problem is not that this or that tehory is wrong... the problem is MA use so many param for loot , that many many many tehory are true at the same time.

Something is sure , if you , at some point get a bit of lick , its time to do what you do like a crazy , because you are in lucky periode...(wish proof the avatar luck skill tehory :) )

What if my model only offers the possibility of getting even, or, losing the least possible amount, comparison against other players that are losing more, even though they do the same things that I do?

I'd have to reject that one out of hand. There are players who have withdrawn money from EU without ever depositing a penny, so the existing model does offer the possibility to profit, however slim.

I'd have to reject that one out of hand. There are players who have withdrawn money from EU without ever depositing a penny, so the existing model does offer the possibility to profit, however slim.

There is the possibility to profit directly from MA with a large uber loot, but other wise there is no sure fire way to profit based on what you put into the system versus what you get back. Period. It would be silly for MA to allow such a loop hole because then it leaves open the possibility for people to drain MA and the economy out of their money.

I firmly believe the system in place has a lot to do with what you've already spent, and that you get some percentage back (over time) based on what it took to kill the mob, drop the bomb, or craft the widget. A percentage of precisely what it took to generate that loot opportunity. Wasteful spending, inefficient gear, overkilling, armor and fap use all do not get accounted for. Shooting the moon over and over and then shooting a mob will not increase the size of the loot from that mob.

There are good and bad periods as well that you move through as you continue to spend. The more you spend, the quicker you move through. So if you only spend a little bit at a time during a bad period, that bad period will last quite awhile. It's also possible that these good and bad periods are based more on time, but I would think that would be easier to exploit.

Big uber loots are out there. They come in the form of pure luck and are paid for by other players, contributing to a "uber loot pool" if you will. These are independent of your own actions and are more just "right place, right time"

That's my theory at least. Outside of the uber loots, it has nothing to do with time, location, or other players. It's all about what you spent previously and other players really have no effect on it. That makes the most reasonable sense to me. If there were only one person in the game, they'd have the same returns, though they would fill up their own "uber loot pool" which would get kicked back to only them at some point. They wouldn't profit though, since it's all their own money being returned. It's a system that's completely based on how much an individual spends, and made so that no matter how much they spend (with no uber loots hit), will always give back less than what they've put in.

It's all in how you hold your mouth..
I'm holding it between my jaws, on my face, it is attached with conjunctive and muscle tissue :D

The again, if you tell me, you wouldn't be following your own advice, right?

Your argument is irrelevant, for this simple fact: I can withdraw more than I deposited.

This is because I traded time in exchange for peds in my early years.

And what do some lucky big hoffers have to do with this discussion? Is there all just "regular" and "hof" loots? I thought every data that we have about EU shows a probability/payout curve, with few high loots and many low loots.

Since EU takes a small cut every day, and people deposit and withdraw in supposedly equal ammounts (MA did not go bankrupt, nor did Marco buy a Ferrari), so the best use of a loot model would be to get as close to breaking even, or slightly more, consistently.

Plus, we are discussing how we can find out that we found a better loot model, by testing it with discussed parameters.

There is the possibility to profit directly from MA with a large uber loot, but other wise there is no sure fire way to profit based on what you put into the system versus what you get back. Period. It would be silly for MA to allow such a loop hole because then it leaves open the possibility for people to drain MA and the economy out of their money.

I firmly believe the system in place has a lot to do with what you've already spent, and that you get some percentage back (over time) based on what it took to kill the mob, drop the bomb, or craft the widget. A percentage of precisely what it took to generate that loot opportunity. Wasteful spending, inefficient gear, overkilling, armor and fap use all do not get accounted for. Shooting the moon over and over and then shooting a mob will not increase the size of the loot from that mob.

There are good and bad periods as well that you move through as you continue to spend. The more you spend, the quicker you move through. So if you only spend a little bit at a time during a bad period, that bad period will last quite awhile. It's also possible that these good and bad periods are based more on time, but I would think that would be easier to exploit.

Big uber loots are out there. They come in the form of pure luck and are paid for by other players, contributing to a "uber loot pool" if you will. These are independent of your own actions and are more just "right place, right time"

That's my theory at least. Outside of the uber loots, it has nothing to do with time, location, or other players. It's all about what you spent previously and other players really have no effect on it. That makes the most reasonable sense to me. If there were only one person in the game, they'd have the same returns, though they would fill up their own "uber loot pool" which would get kicked back to only them at some point. They wouldn't profit though, since it's all their own money being returned. It's a system that's completely based on how much an individual spends, and made so that no matter how much they spend (with no uber loots hit), will always give back less than what they've put in.

I consider this to be a close fit to what we can observe in EU.

What should happen ingame, to make your assumptions invalid? What would make any of the above concepts false, by direct contradictory evidence?

WHY are those wrong?
Assuming each person has their own loot theory and that each person's views on loot are equally valid. For n people there is 1 view that each loot theory is correct and n-1 views that it is wrong. Thus the overall view is that every theory is wrong.
Or, to put it another way, it's a humorous way of pointing out that everbody else has their own personal belief and that everyone considers theirs to be correct.
mrproper said:
HOW would you know when one of them is right?
You wouldn't. Except with hindsight.

one thing i havent seen in this thread is the soc variable,

i dont know how many times ive seen one soc memeber glob on something (mine,hunt, or craft) only to see 2-4 more "soc" globs in under a minute

could just be random but i dont think so, i really believe that your soc has a ON or OFF variable

try it your self, get set up on a crafting machine with something relatively high value (not filters, conductors) and sit there and wait for a soc mate to glob on anything then click 5-10 clicks as fast as possible

:rolleyes: :laugh: and if u uber with my system, i'll expect 5% :ahh:

I consider this to be a close fit to what we can observe in EU.

What should happen ingame, to make your assumptions invalid? What would make any of the above concepts false, by direct contradictory evidence?

A few things you could do to test this theory with fairly decent precision. It would take a considerable amount of time and boredom though. Pick a mob, any mob (preferrably non-regen) and hunt that mob non stop for maybe six months. Hunt it as inefficiently as possible with a non sib weapon and low skills. Maybe something low that you can hunt without armor, so you can just take into account weapon efficiency and also decreasing the chances of any uber loots coming in to skew the results. Track each hunt for those six months and see the up and down swings. Find your average return %. Now go another six months hunting that same mob, but this time use something very efficient, maybe use a finisher to eliminate any over kill. Find your average return % and compare the results. You of course would have to do no other loot generating activities in EU during that time.

If playing efficiently really makes a difference and my theory is true, then your second six months should show a noticeable improvement. If those up and down swings tend to center around a particular return percent in each example, then you can also make the case that there is some system in place to average out your returns. And it would then follow that it's based on how efficiently you play...

Hi all,

My stupid theory;D

Added "Lucky Increase Number" when You was born.Everybody has similar but not at same time..

Take a look at the avatar who got that 42k territude ATH(1,3k daikiba,21k alice,42k territude in less than 1 mounth after was born) at low lvl he had extremly high "Lucky increase numbers"

I`ve been thinking about this theory for 1 week(tier system,each item has different tier numbers).I hope you we`ll find it useful.I think it because the fallowing thinks:

- "Lucky avatars" got MORE ubers in few days,or in a mounth.

- "Unlucky avatars" can do ANYTHING without much succes.

- They have told..its NOT gamble!(i think its only true if you stay 10years or so..)

What we have to understand:

- We gain peds from each other,not from MA.MA can seed lootpool as an advertisement,but thats not our bussines..

- MA has to eat something as well,so we`ll pay that as well,its only count at low amount of player.(i think)

- Everyone who spending(not depositing..SPENDING) seeds lootpool,and get chance to give his peds or get other ppl`s ped at the looting time.

- Every time you looting you have a chance to loot other ppl`s ped,the chance of it up to that number what you made until the looting time.(daikiba chance 0.01,daspletor chance=100),but daikiba-killers can take daspletor-killer`s money sometimes as well;)

So,lucky avatars and unlacky avatars doesnt exist,just everyone have it in different time!
I didnt have much succes untill i reached 70 agility=1997ped atrox,56 Intelligence=6610ped iron,and then its happened on SAME day(!)when i reached my "lucky days",until that time i lost about 60k Ped,every mounth i deposited (with 6mounth break..) £100-£300,and i deposited again and again,and i got an ATH..

You think its gamble,beacause your time didnt come yet,but maybe the system doesnt think in 1year period,maybe in 3years or more?

Dont forget:
The system exactly knows how much you lost!
If you finish it before your time comes then MA win your money what you put there so far!
(yes!I just say it because my Lucky days just became)

Your time is coming!Dont finish it before it does!

Ultrue ;D

PS:i am not English ,sorry about spelling ....

Last edited:
One theory or should I say fact is, if you sweat, pickup fruit and stones, use that money to buy whatever supplies you need for your profession and do not depo then you will always be ahead of the game.
I believe is was Gluepot that said she had never depoed and she has quite a few assets, so it can be done.
The only thing that has stopped all of us from doing the same is impatients and maybe a little greed.
Peace.

First
There are two rules for success:
#1. Never tell all you know.

Second
"I don't know the secret of success, but the path to failure is trying to please everyone" —Bill Cosby

Third
I must say that currently I don't know exactly how the loot system is working. Also I'm disappointed with some aspects of it, truly I don't think that some parameters are being handled in a fair way, especially since, they made it so obvious.
And I don't have time nor patience like I used to in order to achieve such goal :revive:
And more significant is, if you found out a way to do it MA could not like the results you were having and decide to change again the system, to a even harder one, therefore your long term gains would always pending on the edge.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Therefore I'm following the path most likely to bring me success which is to work hard and offer something to others which is hard to get and needed by many.
(I will in a couple of years, 4 are already completed, I will be a doctor and make my parents and grandparents dream come through (of a steady secured profession); even though I think that I will practice medicine just for my personal satisfaction :ahh:; it took a while for me to get to the state where making tedious tasks, although making decisions based on incomplete, and some times false, informations to reach a goal always interested me, would satisfied me. Also, I didn't think I would be very good at it, meaning I wouldn't pass over the average (Fortunatly I spot being so perfectionist, a word of advice as in a saying of my country: the optimal is a enemy of the good.)

Fourth
I honestly don't understand why Etopia doesn't STFU :confused:
Why make things so easy for them, I say let them search and read all the old posts that have clues on how the system worked in the past and continued to be like that with some changes. Legion in my opinion isn't to be blamed for sharing with others what he knew, its just in his nature to tell others what he knows, he just can't help doing that.
Just joking Etopia, keeping the dream alive makes things interesting to many people.

Fifth
And I'm certainly different from most of you, I deposited not because I was expecting to gain any monetary advantage, by the contrary, I did it because I had (and still have) great hopes for Mindark ( :poke: ,I didn't really care for PE, UE or FPC, they are just means to an end)
I did it to support a project that believe would bring a greater good for us all (i.e. humankind).
I help them (without ever directly asking for something in return and will continue to help in the future if they seem worthier of it
(but I might just start to ask for actual rewards)
For those who are lazy to search, lets just say that I made MA change the EULA within the first month of playing [PVP3 demanded it in my opinion] and was in the helping group of people that made MA shutdown the servers within the next hour (at least for my reports and posts on forum took them about an hour to shutdown the system and to make an temporarely solution that fixed a problem with trading)

Sixth
How can we tell?
You started all wrong.
(read the first rule)
It can't be we. It must be one person that controls the variable, with the help of others to gather data but without having knowledge of why what they where gathering was important; otherwise it would be known by my people and changed before it was figured out how to get ATH)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would constitute a proof concept for testing loot theories?
This one is easy, just get a very high statistical difference between a set of data in which the theory would predict significantly higher than average returns and a set of data in which the theory would predict significantly lower than average returns, based on a massive gather of informations.
(OK, for ATH it won't be so simple, but who cares if you get over 10 ATH, in mining or crafting which, by the way, are the easiest to learn how the system is working [Yeah I have a personal manufacturing terminal :nana:] would you think that MA and the other player wouldn't notice it, in hunting it would be more difficult for obvious reasons :cowboy:)[/QUOTE]

Suppose I have one, how can I test it is the actual one being used?
Already answered above.:D

Do you know of any loot theories that seem to the right ones, and if so, why do you suggest that?
I guessed you didn't know about the 1st rule.:rolleyes:

Seventh
Very, very important:
Do you really believe that the Swedish gambling investigators (or whatever they are named) would accept a random system of attribution of rewards and not reported it has gamble ?
If it isn't gamble there is a system which a player could figured it out by himself (because otherwise it most certainly could be argued that it was still gambling since the players would be getting their rewards in an unpredictable way, therefore random) and achievable by him (because otherwise it most certainly could be argued that it was still gambling since the players could not get their rewards in a predictable way, therefore random). It's a MA trade secret and I expect it to be kept that way.:wtg:

With all this I expect you all to enjoy Christmas the way by which all people should do it.
Search for happiness and share your good fortune with those that you care for.
:xwink:

another loot theory thread :(

Globals how loot is distrubed I can't say. But from personal experiance scanning mobs for HOF is 100% accurate. MA can say the loot isn't pooled till the mob is killed but I know for fact twice personaly from scans that a HOF mobs stats are HIGHER! So if the loots aren't set till the mob is killed how have I been able to tell twice in my years here that I was killing a HOF mob?

oh shit i cracked the loot system :eek: and here is what i found out... All but .1% of you will lose a shit ton of money in 2010.:laugh:

Assuming each person has their own loot theory and that each person's views on loot are equally valid. For n people there is 1 view that each loot theory is correct and n-1 views that it is wrong. Thus the overall view is that every theory is wrong.
Or, to put it another way, it's a humorous way of pointing out that everbody else has their own personal belief and that everyone considers theirs to be correct.
What you are describing, is the general approach on religious beliefs by a given n population. Nobody can actually be right, but everything thinks they are.

However, in this case, we know there is a model for giving out loot, and that some components are more obvious than others. MA must use a model that can be controlled, so they can fix dropping speeds for items from day to day, personal avatar balances, and overall playerbase balances. This would be equivalent to knowing there is a deity, just that nobody found out exactly how to describe that deity, this is where your argument does not match our situation.

Pick a mob, any mob (preferrably non-regen) and hunt that mob non stop for maybe six months. Hunt it as inefficiently as possible with a non sib weapon and low skills. Maybe something low that you can hunt without armor, so you can just take into account weapon efficiency and also decreasing the chances of any uber loots coming in to skew the results. Track each hunt for those six months and see the up and down swings. Find your average return %. Now go another six months hunting that same mob, but this time use something very efficient, maybe use a finisher to eliminate any over kill. Find your average return % and compare the results. You of course would have to do no other loot generating activities in EU during that time.

If playing efficiently really makes a difference and my theory is true, then your second six months should show a noticeable improvement. If those up and down swings tend to center around a particular return percent in each example, then you can also make the case that there is some system in place to average out your returns. And it would then follow that it's based on how efficiently you play...
Ok, it sounds reasonable, but in practice it's quite an undertaking, and I suppose there should be more players doing this, and in a random sequence (good eco first, good eco last, bad eco first, bad eco last...)

I honestly don't understand why Etopia doesn't STFU :confused:

Do you really believe that the Swedish gambling investigators (or whatever they are named) would accept a random system of attribution of rewards and not reported it has gamble ?
Etopia is French.

The game is not "random" nor it is "gambling", thus some methods to prevent pure "randomness" or pure "gambling" exist, which are sometimes obvious, and can be used with an expectation factor if we determine what they are.

Globals how loot is distrubed I can't say. But from personal experiance scanning mobs for HOF is 100% accurate. MA can say the loot isn't pooled till the mob is killed but I know for fact twice personaly from scans that a HOF mobs stats are HIGHER! So if the loots aren't set till the mob is killed how have I been able to tell twice in my years here that I was killing a HOF mob?
You mean, a Mature mob being wrongly labelled Young?

Better loot with L gear and weapon. Worse loot with low decay unamped non L weapons and gear.
:(

Lose limit before big one used to be about 20K peds, but I guess now its up to 2x or 3x that. Not confirmed tho since they keep changing everything as soon as they find out someone is close.
:mad:

I really enjoy reading Etopias theories, they sound very intressting and got alot of potential.
:D
And for the real theories I got they are too complicated to even try to explain. And its anoying starting from scratch everytime they change one variable.

Is the loot Avatar and gear based? Yes that is what I think it is.

There is the possibility to profit directly from MA with a large uber loot, but other wise there is no sure fire way to profit based on what you put into the system versus what you get back. Period.

In the absolute sense of my RL cost to play such as electricity, ISP fees, etc, then you are possibly correct.

However, in the context of "beating the game"... here's an example of one way.

do not depo then you will always be ahead of the game....

It would be silly for MA to allow such a loop hole because then it leaves open the possibility for people to drain MA and the economy out of their money.

It's actually a feature, not a loophole ;) and it has a lot to do with why it is not gambling. The simple truth is you can carve an existence from zero by working within the given system. Getting RICH is an entirely different debate, and that is much tougher.

The system allows us to do this..

.. I can withdraw more than I deposited.

This is because I traded time in exchange for peds in my early years.

but it makes it very difficult and time-consuming, so what people are actually looking for is a way to accelerate the development.

So unless we view the "sweat grind fruitpicker frugal trader ultra-eco low ped" player as seperate to the loot distribution mechanism, I stand by my original position.

It's not only "lucky HOFers" who profit. There are many who work every angle of the available tools to simply build a better position day by day. What pays the bills for MA and the grinders is this :

The only thing that has stopped all of us from doing the same is impatients and maybe a little greed.
Peace.

Peace :) ... and Merry Christmas.

Ok, how about this...

Since it's complex and hard to keep track of every data point, let's suppose I do this:
- decide on desired outcome of experiment
- propose testing methodology that is neutral biased towards confirmation or dismissal of desired experiment conclusion
- create sufficient test samples, should be a double-blind controlled methodology
- alternate randomly between the two test samples, with a predefined sequence
- add before and after sequences, to offer priming zones to ensure the experiment was stable
- discard the whole experiment, if one of the sequences failed one of the parameters required for significance and quality.

For example, I can compare two hunting setups, or two hunting mobs, or two somethings, and have them labeled A and B.

Then I would specify what A technically does, and what B does, using them in the same context.

Then I will create for example samples of 100 mobs, or 100 ped, or 100 minutes, or whatever, that can be used to test the experiment for quality and accuracy.

Then I would create an equal number of sequences, for example 5 As and 5Bs, and then randomize them by chance, or by binary counting, or by graycode. This means, I can have something like ABAABBABAB.

Then I would add to the end and the beginning of the sequence, 2 sequences of the same type, or of a different setup than A or B, that I consider is required to obtain a good and stable data collection process. For example CCABAABBABABCC.

If during the priming or main sequences, I detect for example a big loot that surpasses the return of a whole sequence, I can say that the whole process is compromised and should be restarted. Also, if the end priming sequence is completely different than the results of the first priming sequence, I have a compromised result.

If for example instead of completing the experiment, I decide to do something else in-between the sequences, the experiment is compromised.

At the end, I will present for example the priming and main 10 sequences, and offer simple unbiased statistical calculations on them. We can then all interpret the results as biased as we wish and form a conclusion, refraining from expanding that conclusion to ANY other case, other than the one tested in the experiment.

How does that sound?

each mob type has it's own loot pool ..
more PED's cycled on that mob type = better loot

end of the story..

It's 100% working ... tested :D

each mob type has it's own loot pool ..
more PED's cycled on that mob type = better loot

end of the story..

It's 100% working ... tested :D
So is this dependent only on the mob? Area or avatar are not important at all?

And you say that if you continue to sample hunting runs on the same mob, in time the return will show a slight increase?

I am follower of the lootpool per mob theory, beside that there could be a lot of other factors that have effect on the loot. Imho its a complex function!

How to test it, I have no clue :D

But who cares?
Even if MA/FPC decides to make the code for the lootdistribution public, I am 100% sure you can´t take any advantage of that knowledge as its only a function based on a lot of factors you will never be able to control all of them ;)

But who cares?
Even if MA/FPC decides to make the code for the lootdistribution public, I am 100% sure you can´t take any advantage of that knowledge as its only a function based on a lot of factors you will never be able to control all of them ;)
I'm sorry, but you see, there are a few rich people in this world. Not many, a few only. A few that are above thousands of less rich people. You might think these people somehow got luck stroken, found out a few of the factors required to get rich, or found out all of the factors of getting rich?

But thanks for telling us you don't care and you don't want to try to get better at this complex game. We love it you won't whine when other people will do better than you, on account of your activity.

I am follower of the lootpool per mob theory, beside that there could be a lot of other factors that have effect on the loot. Imho its a complex function!

How to test it, I have no clue :D

But who cares?

Agree.

I think that one of the factors or variables that play a role is time.
If that would be true and I think it is, it would be pretty hard to get any non compromised result.

Lets say the time factors is something that decides if you are at the moment going above or below 100% return of TT.
Divide every time unit to 4 pieces. minute(4x15s), hour(4x15m), day(4x6h), etc for weeks, months, lets say years also.
Every pices of the time unit got its value, lets say they are, -2,-1,+1,+2.
I am going to loot a mob, and the system checks what the current time is, then look in what part of each section i am, and what is the value for it..

With that numbers it will do the math, if end will be in + i will be above 100% and vice versa.

This example divides time only to 4 parts, but it can be divided also to 20. Up to that the values for each part can be randomly switch every X days/months.

With this setup the "same" moment will be like every 20 or 1000 years. Add to that more factors, like distance of Halley's comet from earth, just for shifting and making it more confusing, and its ready.

This is and example but I think similar, even if simplified system is in place, we wont be able to crack the system.

As Goni said, even if they will make it public I don't believe we would be able to use it.

But I do care :) but don't see it really possible

But thanks for telling us you don't care and you don't want to try to get better at this complex game. We love it you won't whine when other people will do better than you, on account of your activity.

i don't interpret his post as if he doesn't care about getting better at this game. i understand his argument in the sense that, if the loot algorithms are _really_ good, it should be possible to make them public, and still you should not be able to take advantage of them (or "crack" them). it happens the same with the good crypto-algorithms: the good ones are those that are made public and stand the public scrutiny of the community.

i kind of share this view, since that's the only way that the loot system should be robust enough against unwanted disclosures by MA designers and such....

i don't interpret his post as if he doesn't care about getting better at this game. i understand his argument in the sense that, if the loot algorithms are _really_ good, it should be possible to make them public, and still you should not be able to take advantage of them (or "crack" them). it happens the same with the good crypto-algorithms: the good ones are those that are made public and stand the public scrutiny of the community.

i kind of share this view, since that's the only way that the loot system should be robust enough against unwanted disclosures by MA designers and such....
Therefor we should consider MA's system maybe easy to take advantage of, maybe not easy to take advantage of, since they don't publish it, we can keep the option of having a go at it and finding out it was pretty simple and easy to take advantage of, right?

But this discussion was about how we could do that. Not why.

i don't interpret his post as if he doesn't care about getting better at this game. i understand his argument in the sense that, if the loot algorithms are _really_ good, it should be possible to make them public, and still you should not be able to take advantage of them (or "crack" them).

exactly. i half cracked hunting, 18mth ago, and its clear many do very well while others dont. i know what needs to be done, i also know why i cant/wont be making steady profit in the game. claerly anyone working for MA knows how the sytem works and over the past 5-8years they must have had some churn of programmers, they know people who can make avatars... plenty of people must know the way things tick. and the funy thing is most of them probably dont take advantage of that knowledge because they know its not "exploitable" knowledge. you still have to play the game as intended.

just a shame MA chose to attract the gambling gamer with huge HoFs everyday.

Back