Loot system cracked!?

yes, and they say that due to it's being a skillbased and knowledgebased game it doesnt break the law. What they mean with skillbased we dont exactly know though. But if the game is random and players could win more than they put in then it would break the law.

Aha, so you're saying if a complete new player deposits 100 ped, buy some bombs and mining gear and goes and get a 2k+ ped hof within the first few drops, MA will have broken the law.
Well, that does happen now and then...

Picture this:
You and MA are playing a game of dice.
If you roll 1, 2 or 3, you win.
If you roll 4, 5 or 6, they win.

So you play your game, and it evens out in the long run, but while you play you spend money on auction fees, TPing around, repairing armor, repairing fap (or rebuying if (L) ), PVP, taming (once back), equipping items, coloring, beauty, scanning, using ESIs, regenerating mobs... all these places where tt value just "dissapears".

And MA are playing this game with thousands of players.
Some players even only win on 1s and 2s due to lack of skills and knowledge.
Others can sometimes win on a 4 by playing smart.

At the end of the day, MA always wins the game of dice. They win big.
They don't even have to play with loaded dice.

Reactions: CAC
loot will be 55 pec for a 100 HP mob or 1.66 ped for a 300 HP mob

completly linear ey? :scratch2: Somehow I really doubt that.

Like I said before, sack of doorknobs. ;)

You all did know this right?

Control ~

/pldecal=0
/max loot=255
/noyellowlines=1
/fruitfind=255
/naturalstonefind=255

Control ~ ~&
/maxlootmode=on

Which will give you loot on every mob, find fruit/stones every 50 m
Too bad I don't know the code for mining yet.
If you know it, please share>?

wtf?
:scratch2:
You confuse me too much.
First you say "Not the correspondance no, but the law says." even though the correspondence IS the law in the sense it's correspondence from the regulatory body that governs the law in that particular area.
THEN.... you say exactly what I said in my first post, as if you were agreeing with me the whole time!
I was thinking to myself earlier "I'm sure there's a reason I stopped posting in Legion's ridiculous threads..." and now I remember why.

[edit]
Yes, I now realise this isn't a "Legion thread" but his screwball theories that he touts as "THIS IS THE WAY IT WORKS11!" take over any and all threads.

sorry but i'm not very good at explaining stuff and not logical for 5 cents, that's sadly just how my brain works :p

They can be different for each model, and probably will be.
For example: You have a model which says "Hunting Argos between 23:00 and 24:00 MA time North of Twin Peaks will always generate a profit". All you have to do is to hunt them there at that time a few days in a row and if you do not regularly get a profit then you have falsified that theory. However, this would not falsify the following theory:
"Drop 100 bombs in a straight line from PA Eastwards and then hunt 1oo of the first mob which attacks you after that time"

this would only prove or disprove that certain time though, so you would have to do the same time for a few days, then change the time and repeat the process. I can guaratee you will see a small difference at certain times ;)

Not to forget, even if you can figure out when say trox at ithaca will global, there will probably be 5 other people out there hunting them aswell. Not because they care about any timer but that they are there because of randomness.

I guess most people either has found themselves either TP:ing in somewhere and "stolen" a global in front of someone that has been there a while, or someone who has crappy returns find someone at the edge of the radar getting a real uberhof with items from same mob as you're hunting.
Exactly, that is also why knowing how one part of the dynamics work doesnt assure you to profit, you can be in the right area, know exactly what every darn skill means (if you belive in that theory) but another ava can start blasting the correct mob by pure luck and rob you of your uber :p

Aha, so you're saying if a complete new player deposits 100 ped, buy some bombs and mining gear and goes and get a 2k+ ped hof within the first few drops, MA will have broken the law.
Well, that does happen now and then...

Yes IF the system was completely random, they would had broken the law by definition of the swedish lotterylaw. The law says that if a player of the game can win more than he has put in as his stake by pure chance(randomness) it's a lottery, and for that you need a license, which ma doesnt have.

So what i'm saying is that for ma to NOT break the law they have to in some sort of way tell us where loot is, and i say they do this by letting us now via skillgains.

Yes IF the system was completely random, they would had broken the law by definition of the swedish lotterylaw. The law says that if a player of the game can win more than he has put in as his stake by pure chance(randomness) it's a lottery, and for that you need a license, which ma doesnt have.
I REPEAT:
The lotteries authority (in your own correspondence) said it wasn't gambling because of the fact you had to learn to play, not because it wasn't random.

completly linear ey? :scratch2: Somehow I really doubt that.

Like I said before, sack of doorknobs. ;)

True, as said, higher HP mobs have less chance of giving noloots, so of course loot-range must be affected as well to balance things out, or high HP mobs would almost always give profit :)

The data used in my program are taken from low HP mobs, and the generated results match those you would get from an actual hunt on those very well.

Yes IF the system was completely random, they would had broken the law by definition of the swedish lotterylaw... *snip*...
So what i'm saying is that for ma to NOT break the law they have to in some sort of way tell us where loot is, and i say they do this by letting us now via skillgains.

But then they already *have* broken the law. I've personally witnessed a fresh off the boat newb dig up a cald ath in the middle (between TP and shack) of camp phoenix some years back - he got that on his third bomb ever.
And your theory is disproven.

How can we tell?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would constitute a proof concept for testing loot theories?
And refreshing post 1 of the topic...

HOW do we know we found what we are looking for?!

But then they already *have* broken the law. I've personally witnessed a fresh off the boat newb dig up a cald ath in the middle (between TP and shack) of camp phoenix some years back - he got that on his third bomb ever.
And your theory is disproven.

that says nothing about the system being random. If the system is not random but the player does not know how the system works does not make the system random. Thus they still havent broken the law cause the system itself isnt random, it's the player that play it randomly.

I REPEAT:
The lotteries authority (in your own correspondence) said it wasn't gambling because of the fact you had to learn to play, not because it wasn't random.

Wow...

Omg...

So it is random after all :(

You all did know this right?

Control ~

/pldecal=0
/max loot=255
/noyellowlines=1
/fruitfind=255
/naturalstonefind=255

Control ~ ~&
/maxlootmode=on

Which will give you loot on every mob, find fruit/stones every 50 m
Too bad I don't know the code for mining yet.
If you know it, please share>?

You forgot the most important part... first push esc key on keyboard a few hundred times... then if you don't see anything that seems to be happening, make sure to hit alt+ctrl+delete and choose any options that say log off.

And refreshing post 1 of the topic...

HOW do we know we found what we are looking for?!

Depends on what we're looking for. One theory is that it's all random, and to prove that, all of the infinite other theories that sais it's not random must be disproven, and half of those can't be disproven due to the author claiming testing failed due to EU being dynamic and the parameters of the theory needing adjustment accordingly... :rolleyes:

I would suggest we use logic, reason and conjecture to find the most likely theory and stick to it until someone's able to falsify it, but... :scratch2:

I REPEAT:

*that* is irony.

Yes loot is serverside, sort of. It's a bit hard for me to explain exactly what i mean. But yes the actuall loot is serverside but the client know's some stuff about the loot. Both from my reasearch and seamasters indicate that skillgains tell you where loot is, however we go about it a bit different with what each skill means. And since skillgains are given imidiately it seems they are generated by the client and they never lag so it doesnt get it from the server. That is sort of what i mean with loot is in the client.

Never said it was actuall fact, But i can assure you that i know some stuff about the "dynamic" nature of eu, or well one part of it. I'm not gonna say what it is though but anyone who is good at seeing patterns should be able to find it.

As for 1 see my reply above.

2 I never said anything else than that loot is generated when looting. But the thing here is that we dont know what MA means by loot is generated upon clicking. It could mean that what items you get in the loot is generated but that the base loot value is already calculated. ie based on the mobs hp etc, but there is more to it that is done upon clicking. It could also mean that all variables are done upon clicking. So we dont actually know exactly what they mean.

3 no loot cant be random, at ALL due to the lotterylaw. That is just how it is, the game must be skillbased and knowledgebased and markup has nothing to do with this. On how to determining if a game is skillbased you can read "On a relative measure of skill for games with chance elements" or the same authors later writing "Measuring skill in games: several approaches
discussed"

And the system is not built to take advantage of the business, it's build to take advantage of the other players. You could get a 10million hof and ma wouldnt loose a dime. The other players would.

1) skillgains arent instant, you telling me you never had skillgain lag? dont lie.

2) The actual support case that revealed loot is generated upon clicking was a support case about an unlooted mob, if the TT value of the mob was already calced, MA could of reinbursed, like they do with mining claims. (they give ped for lost claims, not actual resources). So the loot was in no way calced, it wasnt even in their retrievable database, whereas expired claims are because theyve already technically been "looted".

3) Stop talking about the lottery law, its getting boring. You do not know what you are talking about and we can see it. If your theory worked, it would still be gambling because it doesnt work everytime (by your definition of gambling).

The simple reason I keep repeating which is obvious to ANYBODY with 2 pec more intelligence than you Legion is simple that loot has markup and a weighted return. Simple as that. Arg, I refuse to lower myself by debating with a halfwit anymore.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/168321-loot-secret-revealed-support.html

1) skillgains arent instant, you telling me you never had skillgain lag? dont lie.

actually on this i think Legion is correct. have you ever had skill lag? i havent, its been remarked upon and discussed in my soc. even when you have a minute or two lag on loot window, the "kill bonus" skills apear instantly and you dont get skills at the time the loot window pops. would be easy to spot if you do not move or engage with mob/mining until the loot window appears.

however, this doesnt help the Legions point as how does the client know what skills to give if it doesnt know what loot is available (which everyone agrees is server side). it *might* be reasonable that skills can lead the way to a mining claim, as the client could know the location of undiscovered resources, just as it knows where mobs are. but thats a long way from proven.

2) The actual support case that revealed loot is generated upon clicking was a support case about an unlooted mob, if the TT value of the mob was already calced, MA could of reinbursed, like they do with mining claims. (they give ped for lost claims, not actual resources). So the loot was in no way calced, it wasnt even in their retrievable database, whereas expired claims are because theyve already technically been "looted".

3) Stop talking about the lottery law, its getting boring. You do not know what you are talking about and we can see it. If your theory worked, it would still be gambling because it doesnt work everytime (by your definition of gambling).

The simple reason I keep repeating which is obvious to ANYBODY with 2 pec more intelligence than you Legion is simple that loot has markup and a weighted return. Simple as that. Arg, I refuse to lower myself by debating with a halfwit anymore.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/168321-loot-secret-revealed-support.html

actually on this i think Legion is correct. have you ever had skill lag? i havent, its been remarked upon and discussed in my soc. even when you have a minute or two lag on loot window, the "kill bonus" skills apear instantly and you dont get skills at the time the loot window pops. would be easy to spot if you do not move or engage with mob/mining until the loot window appears.

however, this doesnt help the Legions point as how does the client know what skills to give if it doesnt know what loot is available (which everyone agrees is server side). it *might* be reasonable that skills can lead the way to a mining claim, as the client could know the location of undiscovered resources, just as it knows where mobs are. but thats a long way from proven.

adressing both in the same here.
as for 1, see aridash post, no i have never had skill lag, ever.

2 well yes and no. the exact tt value is not in the mob, but there is an indicator in the mobs that tells if it's good loot or not sort of. if it's a variable in the loot calc or just an indication of loot i dont know however.

3. My theory works, atleast for me it does. And no, since ma tells us where loot is with the skillgains they work around the law.

adressing both in the same here.
as for 1, see aridash post, no i have never had skill lag, ever.

2 well yes and no. the exact tt value is not in the mob, but there is an indicator in the mobs that tells if it's good loot or not sort of. if it's a variable in the loot calc or just an indication of loot i dont know however.

3. My theory works, atleast for me it does. And no, since ma tells us where loot is with the skillgains they work around the law.

1) I have had skill lag, skill lag posts have been made, funny posts like people getting intelligence skill gains at the auction house after saying something clever. Search it, its easy to find, therefore you are both wrong on this. And again, any online game-maker would know basic rules like not putting skills on the client side. It's possible they are on different servers, which is why u see loot lag and not skill lag at the same time. If so though it makes it even sillier to think the two are related, so I wont go there.

2) Why do you insist this? Why do you talk about it as if it is fact. It's not and what's more, it is nearly certainly false, based on what we have been TOLD. Plus it is simpler for it not to be this way. Do you not think MA do what's simple and effective, rather than complicated and exploitable?

3) Well it doesn't work for me, and it's kind of a running joke between some of the people I talk to now everytime we get perception we mention it and laugh at our following nrf/yellow line, or cry out in joy when we hit something and proclaim our love for skillgain theories. If we don't hit anything for a while, we just assume we aren't in the red eight on your timer.

Legion, you have now stated yourself in many posts "I am not logical". This is obvious, and I think it's your main problem. Take a step back, put yourself in MA's shoes, and think about your theories now.

Now take it step by step, use statistics and fact, not speculation and hope. Here you have a better understanding of loot than most people, and you see that you don't even need to know the specifics, because they will not help you.

You are a forum whore, that is why I get annoyed. If you cracked the system somehow, I am sure anyone with a brain would not spam about it in the forum, but here you are, one of many (but the most out there) loot prophets, with a full guide on how to get good loot, yet it doesn't work for any of us mere mortals, just for you right? There is always a reason when it doesn't work ofc.. It doesn't work everytime right?

Let me just do a quick illustration of why you piss me off. (This could even be another thread)

Legion said:
Surveying = Your facing the wrong direction so it might be behind you or to your sides. But main indication is that your facing the wrong direction.

So why do I get claims carrying on in the same direction, sometimes even when I just got surveying? Or does it only work sometimes? in which case it is just not TRUE.

CGA = something is 180* in front of you, so either to the west, northwest, north, northeast or east of you if your facing north when dropping.

Ok, so there are 5 possible spots?... assuming 25% hit rate, there is a 76% chance you will hit something by checking all 5 spots. With your theory, we should see this hit 100%... oops, it doesn't work every time? Oh, but I bet it works 76% of the time. Just like dropping 5 probes in a row does.

Mineralsense = Not sure yet as i dont have it, but i suspect it to mean the oposite of surv/prosp ie you are facing the correct direction.

For those of you who don't think that that quite is "enough said". This highlights your deludity. You think you know what a skill gain means about loot without ever trying it yourself. So basically what are you doing? Reading skill descriptions and writing pretty stories as if they are fact? W.T.F I can't believe you have followers.

Mindarc said:
Message from support:
Unfortunately loot is not created until you actually loot the creatures. Hence we have no possibility to see anywhere in our logs what would have been on a creature that was never looted.

K....
Followed by tons of stuff in this very post amongst others of you explaining how to find loot, and then basically saying MA lie. Which would gain them what exactly? Exactly "what" would it gain them to make this lie?

Legion said:
...and do NOT spread this info please. *edit* and since the last app we got on the webpage now it seems to be working SPOT on!! so i want to say it again.. DO NOT SPREAD this info, cause if MA get's a word of it were screwed.. they screwed me once and will again if they find out :p

full explanation of the timer...

Followed by bullshit diagrams of squiggly lines and eights spinning on a map.

And to top it all of, mr "I know all about loot and the system works 100% for me SPOT ON". You post a whining post talking about suffering huge losses since your uber, and having to deposit again. I can't bloody find the post now, but It exists, as im sure you will confirm :)

So why are you losing so much?

I dug up another old thing from the DB forum - an application that "mimics" the hunting loot system. What i'm posting here is not the entire code, but the most important of it. As you can see, it's based on pseudorandom numbers and mob HP, and is also rather simple. I have bolded the code itself and left in the comments i wrote at the time for easier readability and comprehension:

Code:
                   [B]for(int i = 0;i<loots;i++){
                       double randomNumber = Math.random();
                       double randomNumber2 = Math.random();
                       double loot =HP*(((randomNumber*(80.0-11.0))+11.0)/100);[/B]
                       /**explanation: lootrange is 0.11x to 0.80x pec pr HP, 
                        * so first we get a random value between 11.x to 
                        * 80.x with ( ( randomNumber * ( 80.x-11.x ) ) + 11.x ),
                        * then devide by 100 to get the loot/HP and multiply 
                        * with HP to get loot. 
                        * eg if the random number is 0.6436346, loot will 
                        * be 55 pec for a 100 HP mob or 1.66 ped for 
                        * a 300 HP mob                                     */
                        [B]if( randomNumber2 < 0.00002){[/B] //0.0002% chance
                           [B] loot = loot * 5000;
                            giveLoot((int)loot, i+1);
                        }
                        else if ( randomNumber2 < 0.0001 ){ [/B]//0.001% chance
                            [B]loot = loot * 1000;
                        }
                        else if ( randomNumber2 < 0.001 ){  [/B]  //if within 0.01% chance
                            [B]loot = loot * 100;[/B]   //apply *100 multiplier
                            [B]giveLoot((int)loot, i+1);
                        }[/B]
                        [B]else if ( randomNumber2 < 0.02) {[/B]   //else if within 2% chance
                            [B]loot = loot * 10;[/B]   //apply *10 multiplier
                            [B]giveLoot((int)loot, i+1);
                        }
                        else if ( randomNumber2 > 0.5 && HP<1000){[/B]   //if within bad 50% chance
                           [B] loot = 0;[/B]      //no loot
                            [B]giveNoLootMessage(i+1);[/B]   //tell user
                        [B]}
                        else
                        if(eco!=0)
                            cost = cost+(int)(HP/eco);
                       Thread.sleep(100);
                   }[/B]

EF is removing tabs and spaces, making it look a little less pretty than it was :)
Note that this code is even more complex than it has to be, because i wrote it so that it could handle "batches" of loots and present it in list form rather than just generate one single loot. Also note that the lootrange is based on *actual* data thought it may be absolete by now, and that the multiplier chances are guesstimates. As you see, there is no "HoF button". Also as you see, a 10 HP mob may drop a loot considerably larger than a 300 HP mob - there's nothing strange in that, it's just luck.
And I'm aware that big mobs have less chance of giving no loot, so the no-loot propability should be influenced by mob HP, though i do not have sufficient data to say how.

*Edit: Thanks Cea :p
I think you're forgetting to factor in attack power. HP should probably be replaced with (HP+atkLevel)/2

Also, items. Where are they?

Last edited:
actually on this i think Legion is correct. have you ever had skill lag? i haven't

I have. But I can't prove to you guys I have without a video. I can't record video of EU though due to system resource limitations.
:(

This thread is going in a very weird direction from where it started.

I'll just say that studying loot is a bit of a hobby of mine. I study my own loot as well as other player's loot from logs, projects, direct data, what have you. I don't claim to know EXACTLY how the loot system works, but as far as I can tell, it is not exploitable at all.

There definitely seems to be a mechanism in place guaranteeing a steady rate of return, and that rate seems to fluctuate based on how much you spend. Get under this theoretical rate, the system kicks back. Get above and the system takes. Sometimes that rate is good for a period of time (more or less break even) and sometimes it is bad (~85%) return. On average, the system returns about 90% of your TT value spent, when you factor the good and bad periods in. Tracking all your data and graphing it really makes this point clear. You can see the slope of the theoretical return rate, no matter what activity you do, and watch as your actual return rate bounces back and forth around it.

It is possible to profit due to markup though. But that's really the only way. Trying to profit between you and MA is next to impossible. I said earlier in this thread that there are large uber loots that are factored in some how, but these seem to be more luck of the draw. I would really like to see some data of before and after someone's 5+ digit loot as that would really help make sense of the uber loot phenomenon.

1) I have had skill lag, skill lag posts have been made, funny posts like people getting intelligence skill gains at the auction house after saying something clever. Search it, its easy to find, therefore you are both wrong on this. And again, any online game-maker would know basic rules like not putting skills on the client side. It's possible they are on different servers, which is why u see loot lag and not skill lag at the same time. If so though it makes it even sillier to think the two are related, so I wont go there.

2) Why do you insist this? Why do you talk about it as if it is fact. It's not and what's more, it is nearly certainly false, based on what we have been TOLD. Plus it is simpler for it not to be this way. Do you not think MA do what's simple and effective, rather than complicated and exploitable?

3) Well it doesn't work for me, and it's kind of a running joke between some of the people I talk to now everytime we get perception we mention it and laugh at our following nrf/yellow line, or cry out in joy when we hit something and proclaim our love for skillgain theories. If we don't hit anything for a while, we just assume we aren't in the red eight on your timer.

Legion, you have now stated yourself in many posts "I am not logical". This is obvious, and I think it's your main problem. Take a step back, put yourself in MA's shoes, and think about your theories now.

Now take it step by step, use statistics and fact, not speculation and hope. Here you have a better understanding of loot than most people, and you see that you don't even need to know the specifics, because they will not help you.

You are a forum whore, that is why I get annoyed. If you cracked the system somehow, I am sure anyone with a brain would not spam about it in the forum, but here you are, one of many (but the most out there) loot prophets, with a full guide on how to get good loot, yet it doesn't work for any of us mere mortals, just for you right? There is always a reason when it doesn't work ofc.. It doesn't work everytime right?

Let me just do a quick illustration of why you piss me off. (This could even be another thread)

So why do I get claims carrying on in the same direction, sometimes even when I just got surveying? Or does it only work sometimes? in which case it is just not TRUE.

Ok, so there are 5 possible spots?... assuming 25% hit rate, there is a 76% chance you will hit something by checking all 5 spots. With your theory, we should see this hit 100%... oops, it doesn't work every time? Oh, but I bet it works 76% of the time. Just like dropping 5 probes in a row does.

For those of you who don't think that that quite is "enough said". This highlights your deludity. You think you know what a skill gain means about loot without ever trying it yourself. So basically what are you doing? Reading skill descriptions and writing pretty stories as if they are fact? W.T.F I can't believe you have followers.

K....
Followed by tons of stuff in this very post amongst others of you explaining how to find loot, and then basically saying MA lie. Which would gain them what exactly? Exactly "what" would it gain them to make this lie?

Followed by bullshit diagrams of squiggly lines and eights spinning on a map.

And to top it all of, mr "I know all about loot and the system works 100% for me SPOT ON". You post a whining post talking about suffering huge losses since your uber, and having to deposit again. I can't bloody find the post now, but It exists, as im sure you will confirm :)

So why are you losing so much?
the theory you pasted is an old one, and it was somewhat wrong.
And about the logical stuff, yes true, i'm not logical. I'm very very VERY right brain dominant. Ie i suck at logic but i'm VERY good at seeing patterns and the overall picture and my brain sort of works backwards. Spoke to a neurosomething that had a lecture at school last evening and he was quite interested in how my brain worked :p It's very good in some situations but when it comes to concentration and logic it's not good at all.

But after talking to my teacher who is my handler for my final exam, he's a coding teacher in school, teaching about shader programming and other things aswell, we have come to out conclusion about how eu works.

I think you're forgetting to factor in attack power. HP should probably be replaced with (HP+atkLevel)/2

Also, items. Where are they?

I did not forget attack power - i left it out. Do you have reason why it should be in? If so please share :)

Items comes into loot further down the line when tt value of loot has been established (because trying to stuff an item with min. tt of 10 ped into a 1 ped loot would ruin all the balancing), and depends on what mob is looted, not just the HP of it.

How did you come to any conclusions without the use of logic and testing?
:scratch2:

well for the things i have concluded it took testing, more testing, revise the hypothesis, test it again and on and on until it worked well enough.

As for the timer that i like to call it which isnt really a timer but to display it visually that is the easiest way it has taken me hmm some 5 years to figure it out again since ma changed it the second time, and they have actually changed it recently again to make it even harder to figure out. I have the basics of how it works but some parameters i dont have. CND or cp is not perfected either so it works best on the planet. However as the "easy" part of the timer to figure out is the least important one and slowest one you can still do bad but on average you should do better which most of my socmates have done who i have told to go hunt at this spot.

Ehh, the thread is going nowhere.

Last edited:
the theory you pasted is an old one, and it was somewhat wrong.
And about the logical stuff, yes true, i'm not logical. I'm very very VERY right brain dominant. Ie i suck at logic but i'm VERY good at seeing patterns and the overall picture and my brain sort of works backwards. Spoke to a neurosomething that had a lecture at school last evening and he was quite interested in how my brain worked :p It's very good in some situations but when it comes to concentration and logic it's not good at all.

But after talking to my teacher who is my handler for my final exam, he's a coding teacher in school, teaching about shader programming and other things aswell, we have come to out conclusion about how eu works.

New theory is the same as old theory, just different skills mean different things now, but basically the same stuff... only last I checked I think surveying means what CGA used to mean etc... just whatever takes your fancy and is coincidentially happeining to you at the time.

Talking to your teacher means nothing, he probably doesnt play EU and just because hes a coding teacher and teaching u about shader programming doesn't mean anything about EU's loot system. He knows as much as you do.

I advice speaking to a maths professor, then a psychology professor, then a coding professor, then a game designing professor, in that order.

One theory is that it's all random, and to prove that, all of the infinite other theories that sais it's not random must be disproven (...)

Simiraly, do disprove the theory that it's all random one of the infinite other theories must be proven ;)

We could really use an opinion of a slot machine manufacturer here, I bet it would clarify a lot of things in EU looting system.

-Slot machine never loses it slowly accumulates gambler's chips, no matter what system/pattern and how many gamblers are playing, some gamblers win while others lose, the winning system in any slot machine is not random but is designed in a way to look random, the gambler has no chance to decipher the system or find a dependable way to win.
-EU looting system never loses it slowly accumulates player's PEDs, no matter what system/pattern and how many people are playing, some players win while others lose, the winning system in EU is not random but is designed in a way to look random, the player has no chance to decipher the system or find a dependable way to win.

And please, if someone really believes he/she figured out a way to beat a slot mashine in a Casino do not trouble yourself to reply to my post.

Simiraly, do disprove the theory that it's all random one of the infinite other theories must be proven ;)

True :)
And that hasn't happened in what... 8 years or however long the game's been around. Despite numerous attempts.

Thinking further about it, there could be a way to convince all but the most religious that the system is random - but that would involve so much datacollection that it's highly unlikely to ever be complete. Also, the data must be collected using known facts (such as mob HP) and the assumption that the system indeed is random. It might fail of course, but then we'll know :)

I read most of the posts here and some of them really shake the brain ...
good ...

my question is [pardon me if this is a bit vague]:
Is there anyone here, who has created anything like this in rl?

I mean any game, any simulation, any math model, whatever that has at least nearly he same kinda thingie like loot system here?

I read most of the posts here and some of them really shake the brain ...
good ...

my question is [pardon me if this is a bit vague]:
Is there anyone here, who has created anything like this in rl?

I mean any game, any simulation, any math model, whatever that has at least nearly he same kinda thingie like loot system here?

working on just that for my final exam at the university of skövde :)

Back