Looter Professions, efficiency and Average TT Return (are we missing any point?)

Arm

Dominant
Society
Starfleet Command
Hi,

A. Do the Looter Professions and Efficiency account for SEPARATE 7 percent return each out of 100 percent?
B. Does it mean that the average hunting TT return in Entropia has been decreased?
C. Any idea how much (percentage) the bonus loot pools or extra loot pools (not sure about the name) add to the average TT return (compared to when it would not exist)? Given this, shall we deduct 14 percent from let's say 102 percent for example rather than 100 percent?
D. Two separate 7 percents deducted from 100 percent seems too much compared to the past, or maybe I am missing something (yet another variable)?
E. By the way, how much of the decay is returned? Full? Half?
F. By the way, are non-tradable pill values (Neuro X/Neuro Y, from boxes), used in hunting, returned? If yes, full or partial?

:bump::rocket:

Maybe somebody from Mind Ark can join the discussion please?

Last edited:
Since i've been getting questions in-game requesting sources for statements I've made it appears as though many players have missed these statements. Figured I´d save them in a post so I can just link this post instead of having to find the posts each time, as well as inform anyone on PCF who might have missed them aswell.

Regarding efficiency and/or DPP

Regarding personal loot pools.

Regarding turnover and/or return stabilization

Regarding “defensive” decay returns.

Regarding paid markup returned in loot

Regarding taxes on LAs

Regarding unmaxed item usage

Regarding various “tinfoil” arguments.

TLDR;

Efficiency has a direct impact on your loot returns. DPP has an impact on your loot composition. Paid markup is not returned in loot. Most of your defensive costs are returned in loot, not all. Using unmaxed weapons isn´t as expensive as it used to be, but is still not great. LAs take cut from loot instance, like almost everyone expected.

TLDRTLDR:
Get efficiency, get DPP. Limit defensive costs. Limit MU spent, Maximize MU gained. Don´t hunt in taxed areas unless the MU gained offsets the tax. Loot many mobs. (My interpretation)

If you have any more of these, feel free to post them and I'll add them

Hi,

A. Do the Looter Professions and Efficiency account for SEPARATE 7 percent return each out of 100 percent? YES
B. Does it mean that the average hunting TT return in Entropia has been decreased? NO. average not decreaased. Ubers pull in most tt, and they alle have 80+eff and 80+ looter skill. Average return for low/medium players after 2.0 have probably decreased vs 1.0. (basically anyone with 60 eff weapons, L guns, and <60 looter)
C. Any idea how much (percentage) the bonus loot pools or extra loot pools (not sure about the name) add to the average TT return (compared to when it would not exist)? Given this, shall we deduct 14 percent from let's say 102 percent for example rather than 100 percent? NO.
D. Two separate 7 percents deducted from 100 percent seems too much compared to the past, or maybe I am missing something (yet another variable)? The past don't matter, 2.0 is all that matters. MA didn't disclose the new baseline. Neither did they tell us if there's any cap or diminished return when looter+ eff >200. (meaning: can tt return cross 100% long term? Evey and Messi could have answered that, but they won't.)
E. By the way, how much of the decay is returned? Full? Half? Ballpark 75% of tt in. given that decay for defence now is <2% most of the time, this means a .5% tt loss for most players (resto chips or eco faps will make this cheaper still)
F. By the way, are non-tradable pill values (Neuro X/Neuro Y, from boxes), used in hunting, returned? If yes, full or partial? NO

Hi,

A. Do the Looter Professions and Efficiency account for SEPARATE 7 percent return each out of 100 percent?
B. Does it mean that the average hunting TT return in Entropia has been decreased?
C. Any idea how much (percentage) the bonus loot pools or extra loot pools (not sure about the name) add to the average TT return (compared to when it would not exist)? Given this, shall we deduct 14 percent from let's say 102 percent for example rather than 100 percent?
D. Two separate 7 percents deducted from 100 percent seems too much compared to the past, or maybe I am missing something (yet another variable)?
E. By the way, how much of the decay is returned? Full? Half?
F. By the way, are non-tradable pill values (Neuro X/Neuro Y, from boxes), used in hunting, returned? If yes, full or partial?

A,
That is the common belief.
This thread you can check for more info: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-on-actual-data-as-of-march-3rd-2022.286664/
Also my own tracking with 1.4 million ped cycle is about matching with the results should be if separate 7% apply.

B,
Maybe yes, maybe not, we dont know how the loot system as a whole exactly works.

C,
Common belief is that you cant get more than 100% tt longterm, unless you get an early lucky big hit and stop cycling after that.
You can buy Messi's unique blade and you will be (maybe?) the 2nd to know what is the best TT one can expect long term.

D,
Yes, you missing most of the guns have 50+ effi, so it wont be 14% deduction at any time really, unless you go full condition hunting with a 0% effi gun.
Looters levels up really fast in the beginning, see Yasuki hunting thread, 1.5 month and 140k cycle, already 40 animal looter.

E,
Not full, but most if it, you can turret test it too, but i would guess turret will return a bit lower than hunting return would be on it.

F,
No pill TT returned.

The bonus question: Maybe somebody from Mind Ark can join the discussion please?

Check forum rules, do a few things written there to not do, than Ludwig will join the discussion.

F,
No pill TT returned.
Really? Returned in what way?
My theory is that it goes to the common shrapnel bonus pool (just like skill misses). But do you think it's returned back just like armor/fap decay?

My theory is that it goes to the common shrapnel bonus pool (just like skill misses). But do you think it's returned back just like armor/fap decay?
Definitely not returned directly. A 2 minute experiment with the turrets will confirm that. Maybe bonus loot who knows, but its never been implied.

I wrote NO, not returned at all to the hunter used it, not fully, not partly, nothing.
It may go to a loot pool that uses it for something, but question was if its returned to the user, and that is a NO.

A,
That is the common belief.
This thread you can check for more info: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-on-actual-data-as-of-march-3rd-2022.286664/
Also my own tracking with 1.4 million ped cycle is about matching with the results should be if separate 7% apply.

B,
Maybe yes, maybe not, we dont know how the loot system as a whole exactly works.

C,
Common belief is that you cant get more than 100% tt longterm, unless you get an early lucky big hit and stop cycling after that.
You can buy Messi's unique blade and you will be (maybe?) the 2nd to know what is the best TT one can expect long term.

D,
Yes, you missing most of the guns have 50+ effi, so it wont be 14% deduction at any time really, unless you go full condition hunting with a 0% effi gun.
Looters levels up really fast in the beginning, see Yasuki hunting thread, 1.5 month and 140k cycle, already 40 animal looter.

E,
Not full, but most if it, you can turret test it too, but i would guess turret will return a bit lower than hunting return would be on it.

F,
No pill TT returned.

The bonus question: Maybe somebody from Mind Ark can join the discussion please?

Check forum rules, do a few things written there to not do, than Ludwig will join the discussion.

Thank you,
Regarding D: yes I do not miss that, Level 40 looter and Efficiency 60 still apparently decrease 7 percent in total which seems much. We also know that there's skilling including CODEX, but it still looks high. What role has the bonus loot pool MA talked about (fed from auctions etc.?)? I was wondering whether it could make the average return as before or better all in all (not worse).

By the way Hego, you say in a post you cycled ~1.2m and had ~80 percent efficiency and below 40 percent looter while TT return was above 96.1 percent. You got ~1.7 percent better than the 7 percent + 7 percent theory for looter and efficiency. Can it be a ~1.5 percent bonus pool? Or a combined effect for looter and efficiency together not the separate 7+7 theory?

I wrote NO, not returned at all to the hunter used it, not fully, not partly, nothing.
It may go to a loot pool that uses it for something, but question was if its returned to the user, and that is a NO.
Sorry. Read it as "No, pill TT returned." :laugh:

I actually asked mindark about question F and the answer was that they chose to not give info if its returned or not - which kinda gives you the answer ;)

By the way Hego, you say in a post you cycled ~1.2m and had ~80 percent efficiency and below 40 percent looter while TT return was above 96.1 percent. You got ~1.7 percent better than the 7 percent + 7 percent theory for looter and efficiency. Can it be a ~1.5 percent bonus pool? Or a combined effect for looter and efficiency together not the separate 7+7 theory?
I started with 80% efficiency and average 35 looters, but the next month average looter were 38, third was 40, currently the average is 52.
But that is again not too precise, because the robot is the lowest and barely hunted robots since EM, so i mostly was hunting better looters, not with the average of all 3.
First 570k cycle were 80% efficiency, other 830k was close to 90% efficiency.

Also there are swings, there are periods of 2-3 months with weaker results than the one you can expect, and there are months of periods with better results than can be expected, my tracker at end of july is (i belvie based on my august numbers so far) at the end of a good period, so the next few months may lower a bit the return %.

Doesnt matter what kind of bonus pools MA have or not have, all you can do to improve your results is getting high efficiency and skilling looters up.

Reactions: Arm
The Prophet of the "almighty algorythm" something different:
"not more than 7%"
some heretic and false prophets made it become "linear function of Effect = = Level x *0.0007"
are 2 different things :)

D,
Just wanted to add to this, it was closer to 250k~ cycled for 40 animal looter, but I was only able to properly track 140k of it since I was still choosing trackers to use

Just wanted to add to this, it was closer to 250k~ cycled for 40 animal looter, but I was only able to properly track 140k of it since I was still choosing trackers to use

Which tracker is better?

Which tracker is better?
Pen and paper.

EDIT: I've made my own tracker and it hasn't been inaccurate once yet. I still don't trust it enough to stop tracking manually. Nothing will ever beat manual tracking

TLDRTLDR:
Get efficiency, get DPP.
From what little I have seen looking, increased Eff will get you increased DPP anyway, correct?
What are some good example options of combined increased eff & dpp?
My highest is LP, I have almost 110 LP, 85 LR, 35 Looter atm.

TLDRTLDR:

From what little I have seen looking, increased Eff will get you increased DPP anyway, correct?
What are some good example options of combined increased eff & dpp?
My highest is LP, I have almost 110 LP, 85 LR, 35 Looter atm.

Yes, most of the high eff guns are also high dpp too, but there are differences between high effi guns too, like there are guns with 3.3 and there are guns with 3.9 dpp.
3.3 dpp - 3.9 dpp is biggest difference than 3.0 dpp armatrix and 3.3 dpp high effi guns.

Reactions: Mac
My p.o.v of this is like this:
They increased loot by including more costs to loot, like armor, tools and so on.
They decreased loot by introducing looter profession and efficiency since we decrease the loss
of these two by using gear with better stats and by increasing our skills.

My p.o.v of this is like this:
They increased loot by including more costs to loot, like armor, tools and so on.
They decreased loot by introducing looter profession and efficiency since we decrease the loss
of these two by using gear with better stats and by increasing our skills.
Apparently they say they have decreased armor decay costs and enhancer breaking rate.

Apparently they say they have decreased armor decay costs and enhancer breaking rate.
I think this in an ongoing thing, nothing is set in stone. Changes are most likely small though.

Back