Skills affecting Robot Looter
- computer
- mechanics
- electronics
- robotology (unlocks at lvl 30)

Unkown

Alertness

Last edited:
Skinning seems to contribute 35% to the Animal Looter profession.

seems Anatomy contribute to Animal Looter and Mutant Looter

Is there also a Human Looter skill for pvp? Oops, I'm in the wrong faction to ask, sure wouldn't like to encourage that. Just curious though, would be only too logical...

sweating gives skinning. Healing in team gives skinning too.
Socm8 tryed scanning and said his looter level goes up too, so it might not lead to skinning skillups but contribute to the looter professions

i have no scanning skill beyond 6, still my looter levels are different for drones and animals/mutants in the same way as dodge and evade are different, so this must play a role somehow

Last edited:
Is there also a Human Looter skill for pvp?

You got my question lol
And another question on new profession is if i have more looter lvl than the mob do i get the loot the mob suppose to give or i need 100 lvl+ to get the optimal loot?

computer skill for robot looter !

Is there also a Human Looter skill for pvp? Oops, I'm in the wrong faction to ask, sure wouldn't like to encourage that. Just curious though, would be only too logical...

yes I would like human looter, but only for planetbound pvp, not space. make it so ma!!!

And another question on new profession is if i have more looter lvl than the mob do i get the loot the mob suppose to give or i need 100 lvl+ to get the optimal loot?

Good question... I am at level 17 looter and seem to have normal loot TT so far on 300 ped cycled on mobs close to or below my looter level. But obviously that's not enough to determine anything yet.

I just unlocked Salvaging at lvl 30 !

Biology affects Animal & Mutant, but apparently not Robot (makes sense).

Biology affects Animal & Mutant, but apparently not Robot (makes sense).

Ahh my biology gains from harvesting have helped. I think analysis might but haven't tested. Seems like a logical skill for these though.

Animal Looter likely overlaps with Pet Handler:

[#monria] [Crafty Nana]: and animal looter.. its up now on my progress
[#monria] [Crafty Nana]: I was just dancing with my pet :)

Cynical, isn't it? :laugh:

If tamers report considerable difference between Animal Looter and Mutant Looter, it could be Animal Lore plays a part;

if not, Pet Handler involves a bunch of general skills (Alertness, Courage, Dexterity, Perception); it also involves Zoology which would be sort of logical in Animal Looter.

Contrary to what some others have said, Skinning doesn't give HP.

From some tests with scanning, Scan Animal, Scan Human, Scan Mutant, Botany and Probing don't appear to affect any of the three professions.

0.4116 alertness gives + 0.04 animal looter
0.9866 anatomy gives + 0.07 animal looter

I can imagine MA staff standing around in white lab coats and clipboards and thick black BCGs watching the players like a bunch of rats in a maze trying to figure out how to get the cheese.

:laugh:

Electronics contributes approx. 8% to Robot Looter, but not to the other professions.

robotology for robot looter

scan animal skill didn't doesn't do anything

scan animal skill didn't doesn't do anything

I guess I should start scanning drones before I kill them.

If that's the case then it ought to also unlock at Level 30, along with Salvaging. Did you already have Robotology before today?

Similarly it could be that Xenobiology will unlock at Level 30 Animal and/or Mutant Looter, if it affects the profession.

I don't have any of those unlocked so I might be able to find out soon (though someone will probably beat me to it as I won't be online the next couple of days).

If that's the case then it ought to also unlock at Level 30, along with Salvaging. Did you already have Robotology before today?

Similarly it could be that Xenobiology will unlock at Level 30 Animal and/or Mutant Looter, if it affects the profession.

I don't have any of those unlocked so I might be able to find out soon (though someone will probably beat me to it as I won't be online the next couple of days).

I unlocked salvaging earlier today at lvl 30, had robotology unlocked from old times.

I can imagine MA staff standing around in white lab coats and clipboards and thick black BCGs watching the players like a bunch of rats in a maze trying to figure out how to get the cheese.

:laugh:

stop taking too much drugs, this is the stupidest thing I've read in a long while

Why does no one write that new professions are broken?
They do not give associated skills, except for a single profile.
Such was not earlier in the game. And this is clearly some kind of mistake.

All 3 new professions, being animal looter, mutant looter, robot looter, and their skills and unlocks work fine for me.

However in the professions tab you see 3 new 'unachieved' professions. As MA said, that is a bug.
Your Looter professions should be visible in your combat professions tab, probably at the bottom.

It doesn't have to be a mistake. It might be a mean to control the growth of respective profession, by giving disproportionate importance to the very act of looting.

How was this determined? Seems very low.

It is correct. Сonfirm.

Please, tell me, to which categorie belong new hidden skills (Butchering, Reaping and Salvaging)?

All 3 new professions, being animal looter, mutant looter, robot looter, and their skills and unlocks work fine for me.

However in the professions tab you see 3 new 'unachieved' professions. As MA said, that is a bug.
Your Looter professions should be visible in your combat professions tab, probably at the bottom.

What he means is that when you loot mobs you don't get all of the skills associated with the profession, like you do when using other professions. You only get the one (presumably two if you're past Level 30 and have the appropriate unlock) skill. If it worked like other professions I'd expect to get a lot of Skinning when looting animals, but also a smaller amount of the other skills that make up the profession.

It's not necessarily a bug, but the behaviour of these new professions is different to all of the previous professions, and I can't think of any reason why that would or should be the case.

To make it more challenging to find out what constitutes and how much?
It's not necessarily a bug, but the behaviour of these new professions is different to all of the previous professions, and I can't think of any reason why that would or should be the case.

How was this determined? Seems very low.

Arithmetic :)

Due to not getting other associated skill other than Skinning while looting, it's easy to calculate by checking the profession increase after gaining, say, 100 points in Skinner, bearing in mind that my other skills increase very slowly when hunting.

- Animal Looter
* Skinning (skill)
* Butchering (hidden skill, unlocks around lvl 30-35)
= anatomy?

Just so I understand what you mean with this: the above means that with an Animal Looter Prof level between 30 & 35 I'll unlock Butchering?
What do you mean with Anatomy in this case?

I'm an Anim Looter lvl 15, my Anatomy is almost 7k...so that would mean the extra Skill is still far away...

Back