Question: Looter Professions - Thoughts?

lyosha

Dominant
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kenshin Himura Battosai
Lets talk about Looter Professions.

I've only had one evening with it, and I hunted on Ark. Not much of a test sample, but it's a start.

Day1:

Looter levels: 17 animal, 16 mutant, 12 robot.

Mobs tried: Scoria, Teladon, Mutated Riptor, miner bots in underground (forgot the name), mutated belladoth, togglossi, navi

Total hunt time: 5hrs
Total cycled: 750 PED
% of return: 117% (MU considered)

• All mobs:

More variety of items in drops and MU.
    Better overall return. (TT)

• Animals: (this was looting the best for me)

More oils instead of shrap.
    Saw ESI in the loot.
    More MU items in general, even looted a body sculpting gun.
    More bonus on shrap.

• Robots:
    More MU dropped rather than shrap, seemed worse than animal or mutant for me however, so I stopped.

Overall, I think that more MU is dropping and TT return is a bit more forgivable.

I know it's a bit early, but what are your theories so far?

What was your TT return without MU?
Reason i ask is that you got an ESI...so thats like 1000% MU...kinda makes a big difference depending on the value of the ESI.

I have confirmed with the dev team that the loot profession only affects loot returns (as stated in the release notes), not loot composition.

I assume you don't put any trust in this comment :)

My loot composition looks same as always. TT return is lower than average, but that's just one day, especially after a VU, will take weeks to come to conclusions.

I have no idea how one can calculate the exact difference between TT returns considering every global is a big mess in calculation.

What was your TT return without MU?
Reason i ask is that you got an ESI...so thats like 1000% MU...kinda makes a big difference depending on the value of the ESI.

About 107%

I have no idea how one can calculate the exact difference between TT returns considering every global is a big mess in calculation.

Just calculating the few runs and seeing what other people think.

Perhaps i can be convinced to get out my tools for this.

The only questions I have for the new system?

1. Whats the minimum loot level at the lowest profession level - 90%, 80% or 10%?
2. When is 100% loot level achieved? And can it go higher if we're above that level?
3. If it's adjusted will they inform the players?

Last edited:
Only a very very short hunt by modern standards - right bang in the middle of the range I'd normally expect and utterly meaningless without knowing when I can achieve 100% of the old loot system.

Right now we're in the honeymoon period they could have it turned right up to 11 and gradually turn it down over the next few weeks.

Lets talk about Looter Professions.

I've only had one evening with it, and I hunted on Ark. Not much of a test sample, but it's a start.

Day1:

Looter levels: 17 animal, 16 mutant, 12 robot.

Mobs tried: Scoria, Teladon, Mutated Riptor, miner bots in underground (forgot the name), mutated belladoth, togglossi, navi

Total hunt time: 5hrs
Total cycled: 750 PED
% of return: 117% (MU considered)

• All mobs:

More variety of items in drops and MU.
    Better overall return. (TT)

• Animals: (this was looting the best for me)

More oils instead of shrap.
    Saw ESI in the loot.
    More MU items in general, even looted a body sculpting gun.
    More bonus on shrap.

• Robots:
    More MU dropped rather than shrap, seemed worse than animal or mutant for me however, so I stopped.

Have you used the exact same gear and killed them the same way as before?

Have you used the exact same gear and killed them the same way as before?

Exactly the same as the night before the patch. I started hunting where i logged out.

Time for the tin foil hats and some of my theories that are based on absolutly nothing :dunce:

The first thing that made me giggle a little inside is the assumption that this profession is capped at 100 prof standing. We have already tools that use professions over 100 and to keep this game interesting the idea that 100 is cap or max needs to be abandoned.

I doubt that the cap is 100 since nobody can tell the difference yet and im quite sure some people alrady got a good ammount of prof standing here so it should be easy to see a difference riight ?

My Theory 100 prof standing gives 0.25% more loot and is pretty much open ended with maybe a hard cap that can't be reached within the next decade of grinding.

Why i believe this :

1. Mindark need to prevent new players cry out loud that they pay for the übers. I mean they do but you can't make it even more obvious so the difference between 0 and 50 pro standing is quite low lets suck a 0.125% out of my fingers. Nobody can complain here right ?

2. The work horses, the revenue generators the big fishes in the pool the super grinders or what ever pleases you to call them, they can reach maybe 200 prof standing one day or even 300. Combined with the best tools on the market you can buy for money this return increase will bring them even closer to 100% because the few missing digits to 100% are still a god damm huuuuge ammount when you take a look at the ammounts of peds they cycle.

Thats my theory and if you dont like it, im sure rattex can explain this with his spiral theory :beerchug:
I need to report to my illuminati master, which is a reptilian in disguise, so peace and out

Back