FYI: Lootsystem unwrapping, have to start somewhere.

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
These claims are based on tests made by me, with data to back it up. But these are some conclusions so far.
If you turret a mob, you will get something back, this "something back" is more than just that, if we take a closer look at it.

1. If you turret a mob, it reveals a base of the lootsystem, something that is never manipulated by any multipliers of any kind, since turreting a mob is no loot event per say.

2. If you turret a mob, you will get returned as follows, will keep doing these tests because i found something interesting.

3. If you turret a mob, that you only had aggro and let him hit you, while you fapped for a while with no armor on, you will get back exactly 74% of the tt cost on your fap, every time.

4. If you turret a mob, that you only had aggro and let him hit you, while you only stood still with your armor on, you will get back exactly 74% of the tt cost on your armor, every time.

5. If you turret a mob, that you go out hunting naked, with no fap, and shoot down to 10-15% hp before turreting, you will get back 74% of the tt cost inserted to the mob from gun.

And this is where it gets interesting, NOT EVERY TIME.

These are some results from number 5 testing, sample size each test done 30 times on the exakt same mob, exakt spawn to verify %.
(there is a mob spawning alone close to a tp with turret, same mob same spawn same maturity every time, perfect for tests if you have the time to wait for respawn :))

a. Philosophers sword, 60% eff , return always 74%
b. LP-40 Perfected 91% eff, return always 74%
c. Grindhouse Tarantion , 0% eff, return always 69%

So what does this show.

There is a cap, on how much return you get from sending your mob to turret, this cap stops us from doing easy calcs on how shit works.

Since the c. showed that with bad enougn eff%, we got a lower result than the cap, we can try to move up the eff% ladder from 0% eff until we see that we hit the cap.

Then we have enough to make certain calculations on the eff% impact on loot, without even knowing the diff between the 60% and the 91% test, because its hidden by the cap.
(but we can already see that the base of the 7% impact said by MA puts us at 69% tt base with no multipliers applied, assuming the Grindhouse is 0% and not - something% . This is where the ladder-testing comes, if we can work our way up and note when we start seeing 69,5% returns we have the base eff% for zero-impact on loot when it comes to eff%.

If anyone want to help out, just do the nr 5 with gun eff from 5% and upwards, and share the results with me, dont use amps or enhancers and only use weapons you max, or it will only fuck up calcs.

5. If you turret a mob, that you go out hunting naked, with no fap, and shoot down to 10-15% hp before turreting, you will get back 74% of the tt cost inserted to the mob from gun.

Cheers, and remember. Curious people are never boored.

ermik

Just want to clarify some variables: are tests a/b/c done by the same person hence having the same looter level?

i suggest you to do the same test with:
1. mobs 10 lvl below your looter lvl
2. mobs lvl = your looter lvl
3. mobs 10 lvl above your looter lvl

Very interesting observations. Can you share which looter lvl you are in the type relavant for this test ? Lower then 60 would likely put you under the 60% efficiency gun, but surely higher then the 0% efficiency gun so your 69% might not be the 'bottom' but rather impacted by your looter prof.

Yes, all tests made by me, alone, as one long session with no interruptions.

Thanks for the confirmation. Subscribing for further updates.

As per JBK's reply it would be interesting to know what your looter level is, and can you also share what is the decay on Grindhouse Tarantino since it is not on EntropiaWiki? We know how to calculate pre-loot 2.0 weapons's efficiency from its dpp, so maybe it actually has negative efficiency but is just shown as 0%?

Looter 63 lvl

LP-70 FEN - 92.2 % eff- 72.9% Return
Shoot cost 17.4 pec
Camo Arms Marine Predator, CDF Edition (L) - 61.2% eff - 74.4% return
Shoot cost 32.9 pec

HMMM =)

Same mob!

LP-70 FEN - 92.2 % eff- 72.9% Return
Shoot cost 17.4 pec
Camo Arms Marine Predator, CDF Edition (L) - 61.2% eff - 74.4% return
Shoot cost 32.9 pec

One event for both, or multiple tries with same outcome?

Very interesting observations. Can you share which looter lvl you are in the type relavant for this test ? Lower then 60 would likely put you under the 60% efficiency gun, but surely higher then the 0% efficiency gun so your 69% might not be the 'bottom' but rather impacted by your looter prof.

26,84 Animal looter (was doing this on animal)

Toy Snowball Gun (L) .

Two test by 10 shots for more decimals.
Both test was without missed shots.

Effi 0%
Cost 0.12
return 0.0841
0.700833%

Amped by [ZX Sinkadus] ... Effi 25.5%
Cost 0.1623
return 0.1226
0.75122549%

Screenshots...
Unamped
AMP

Edit.
Additional test by B101, 12,4 Effi

Cost 0.143
Return 0.1048
0.732867 %

Link

Last edited:
This is very interesting, although I wonder how can we use this to our advantage.

It's also not always 74% from fap/armor. I dug up my test on Adjusted Restoration Chip about a month ago:

1 Use = 1.209 PEC
0.92 PEC returned (76.1%)

If it were 74% it would have returned 0.89466 PEC, so either 89 or 90 shrapnel depending on rounding.

Maybe it is also a good time to re-do fruit test on various weapons/tools you have. :)

Last edited:
We didn't take into account something. That the loot event is performed by the system (turret), which means that these indicators completely depend on the turret settings. What is the effectiveness and loot level of the turret?

We didn't take into account something. That the loot event is performed by the system (turret), which means that these indicators completely depend on the turret settings. What is the effectiveness and loot level of the turret?

It would be very interesting if different turrets give different results, and OP stated he performed the tests at the same location.

What about drowning mobs? Do different bodies of water also have different looter levels? :D

lol.. ok some turrets have no return. But water has the same effect.
I'm wondering why he have 69% by 0 effi while my is 70%.

Maybe one of the thresholds higher up is above 60% efficiency?
There doesn't seem to be much difference between 60 and 80%.

there is a cap but from only my limited testing it seems to be a cap on tt you can put into the mob.. has nothing todo with eff.. its likly relative to the mobs HP or something static about each mob. that grindhouse puts out ALOT of tt cost per shot greater than a swine. id guess if you tried it with a swine youd prolly see the 74% return as well.

Larger mobs ive personally pumped up base tt loots to 20-40ped on like 1ped to kill mobs in the past. so this cap is very high and not easy to hit unless your doing an INSANE amount of overkill

ive seen exactly what your talking about using T4 swine max amped on those puny tripudon by camp icarus beach.. this setup was far too much for them and losses were great lol! But on larger mobs its a non issue

maybe it is eff tho based on this thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s/turret-vs-weapon-efficiency-testing.280847/

now im curious!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe one of the thresholds higher up is above 60% efficiency?
There doesn't seem to be much difference between 60 and 80%.

We cant see the diff since the cap blurs, but if we can prove the diff between 69 and 74% , we can calculate the rest.

The most interesting thing is if we can establish a "base" return eff%.

I realize this is obvious , but it would be important to not be wearing buff rings .

Interesting, but this is only one hypothesis :)

Another hypothesis, to which I susbscribe, and I honestly don't see a way to ever fully test is that:

1. blank loot with no multis is (currently) 75% and is one way of setting volatility (at least in mining I also saw static blank 85%, but then again subject to single-double-triple dropping, was changed in feb 2018 with the volatility tests)

2. efficiency kicks in only on some "multis", with some multis/globals being static and only a part affected by eff

3. efficiency is a competitive stat

4. looter level only influences point 2., ref mob level, sort of threshold of entry ticket

In other words, I think you're not looking at all at efficiency, but as someone else mentioned at a threshold of reimbursed % costs (also ref max regen repaid).

Back