Lying about your profession! Why?

the only reason to get an ubah hunter like star is to be able to mine under the dasp stalkers - didnt you all know?

i so agree!

minermusic BUMP!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IoPeNC4k_0[/YOUTUBE]

*deleted post*

nevermind ..

Miners... they remind me of old man lurking in a dark corner of a bar.
Small eyes peeking through the room looking for a victim to probe. :rolleyes:
Indeed, they don’t look down on you, they look behind you... yuk !

They give me the creeps. :eek:

:silly2:

I'm a player whose main interest is shooting red dots, the best thing I've found when mining is HP :D

@ Mariko Ninja post #34
Wow that's a really harsh analogy. Mass insulting a large portion of the EU community in one post.
Tempted to report it as offensive and degrading.

@ Mariko Ninja post #34
Wow that's a really harsh analogy. Mass insulting a large portion of the EU community in one post.
It's ok, they're only miners :D

Miners... they remind me of old man lurking in a dark corner of a bar.
Small eyes peeking through the room looking for a victim to probe. :rolleyes:
Indeed, they don’t look down on you, they look behind you... yuk !

They give me the creeps. :eek:

:silly2:

yeah and women are like ressources... after the blow up you need to dig them out all night

It's ok, they're only miners :D

No, no it's not ok, there is funny little analogies tossed between hunter and miner which are taken with a grain of salt, and then there is the bottom of the barrel, to go as far as to label with such derogative has stepped over the line.

I do it all.....can`t wait until they introduce prostitution and drug use! lol Actually I`d settle for fishing and call myself a fisherman.

Because in the game there are only a dozen authentic miners, if hunters do not lie about his profession, the real professionals in mining would only be the 10 friends who already know all. (Jeff, Edgar, etc. ..)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No, no it's not ok, there is funny little analogies tossed between hunter and miner which are taken with a grain of salt, and then there is the bottom of the barrel, to go as far as to label with such derogative has stepped over the line.
Sorry dude but I disagree with you there. I think Mariko was posting a personal opinion based on an analogy, not a derogatory statement.
yeah and women are like resources...
Deep and you never know what you'll get?
Shallow and common like Lyst?

Or lifeless and buried? :eek:

:D

what about "Jacks of all trades?"

Alright since we're talking about honesty here, I'm going to be right up front and personal here..

I'm a hunter first, a bodyguard second, a packmule third, a Miner fourth, a crafter fifth, and a trader sixth.

When you have multiple talents for certain things, you are known in the book not as a hunter, a miner, a crafter, or even a trader.

You're known as being "Multi-talented" some would say that you're a "Jack of all trades". (though I've still got to try out Mindforce focusing/healing, taming, and even a few other trades)..

So yeah I'm a hunter first, but I still like to be multi-talented (and thus keep my hand going at something).

Well that's how I brand myself..

A multi-talented Jack of all trades

Ben Coyote aka "The Blind Sniper"

@ Mariko Ninja post #34

Relax Marcus, it’s not my intention to insult myself or any other miners. ;)

‘they remind me of old man lurking in a dark corner of a bar.’
‘Indeed, they don’t look down on you, they look behind you... yuk !’

This refers to miners coming on my radar, while I hunt, dragging their mobs to me
or other hunters. Mostly they die near me soon, that’s why I call them old man.

'Dark corner', since they have mostly no idea how to avoid this.

‘Small eyes peeking through the room looking for a victim to probe.’
This refers to players running around with a ore finder, and standing behind female male avatars, with x-rated visions. Mostly funny, but at times annoying.

And incase you wonder, yes I'm a hunter, and do mine from time to time. ;)

Last edited:
*listenes to people talking, snicks out to drop a bomb and snicks back in to listen to more*

We have lots of information about who considers her/himself a miner and lots of information of a "you are not talking about me" sort. But very few answered a real question :laugh:
I love that...

I consider a miner a person who uses 51% + of his peds in mining.

So that's my division..between miner and other professions.

Im level 28 or 27 laser sniper...but only 18 prospector 17 surveyor...so what I am...althou I cycle 500 ped/week in mining and maybe 100 ped in hunting...:rolleyes:

You are a miner if:

You only come down from the hills every 6 months or so.

You chat up mutants because you are lonely.

You bought a grenade launcher because you thought it fired seismic bombs.

Finding oil or lyst is still a thrill after 2 years.

You don't know what those other categories in the auction are for.

You get a tower and don't even pause to look at it before the next drop.

You are a miner if:

You only come down from the hills every 6 months or so.

You chat up mutants because you are lonely.

You bought a grenade launcher because you thought it fired seismic bombs.

Finding oil or lyst is still a thrill after 2 years.

You don't know what those other categories in the auction are for.

HAHAHA! I'm definitely not a miner :laugh:

Last edited:
even if you are just a hunter[/B]!
We (miners) dont look down on you! :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I remember back in the days, you were a wannabe "uber miner" allways bragging about your utterly knowledge about the whole mining world. I see not much have changed over the years. Why not just accept that you didnt have what i takes, to go all the way like the other top miners? Your just a wannabe and a poser in my book. And all your bragging threads proves me right :newbie: :tower:

I don't do a profession where you can TT your amp worth 350K :D

I remember back in the days, you were a wannabe "uber miner" allways bragging about your utterly knowledge about the whole mining world. I see not much have changed over the years. Why not just accept that you didnt have what i takes, to go all the way like the other top miners? Your just a wannabe and a poser in my book. And all your bragging threads proves me right :newbie: :tower:

I don't know how he was back then, but I think right now Hotte is more of batshit crazy and clearly delusional (In a good way :D ) rather than bragging about his uber skills. Dunno. :scratch2:

I have met many players over the years, who are lying about their profession! They say that they are miners, but then it turns out that they are just simple hunters!
Why?
I´m sure they do it just to seem more interesting!
Dont be ashame! Stand up for who you are, even if you are just a hunter!
We (miners) dont look down on you! :)

Who cares what you are? Some mine and hunt, some craft and hunt, other mine and craft and some only do what they want, why putting everyone in a drawer?

:) Dear Nexus! Im sorry, but I´ve never bragged about my knowledge about mining, because I dont know a lot! I just drop bombs hoping for a big hit! And I have never consider myself as an "Uber Miner" and have never said that I am, so you´re wrong there (If you or someone else can find just one single "bragging-post" made of me, Please post it here! I really would like to see it!)! I admit I make lots of silly posts now and then (like this "Laying about your profession"-post) but thats just because I think its fun! :) So sorry if I had hurt you or anyone else in any way!

Hotte

Last edited:
You are a miner if:

Is anyone in entropia a "real" miner then? haha, even the most hardcore miners would pause and stare for a few seconds at least. :laugh:

I hope they would at least....:eek:

Back