MA blocking avatars without any real reason!

ramos

Dominant
Society
Concord
General Frozen Death
Hello.

Sometimes i think MindArk stucked in 20th century... My society mate was blocked without any reason few days ago.

He was afk-hunting (just clicking TAB to make avatar run to another mobs) with autotool and didnt watched at hunt every second. Then he went afk, while auto tool was still turned on. By that time MA officer logged in and standed by him. Officer pmed him to get answer, to check if it is a bot or not. When society mate back to the PC, he saw a PM from somebody not familliar to him and didnt understand what he is talking about (english is not his native language) and just ignored the pm and continued hunting. The next day he got blocked. Since his english is quite bad, i wrote a support case from his name. Thats whats MA answered.

-------------------------------------------------
2016-12-07 12:59 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi -----,

Thank you for your reply.

You seem to very capable in English, the message which was sent to you was very simple, "Excuse me, do you have a second?"

If an official avatar approaches you, you should always reply, in addition to that you say I ignored him and continued hunting then you say "i was afk for that moment" which is contradicting yourself.

You were in fact running as your account was locked, having an moving avatar does not seem like being afk.

-------------------------------------------------

What the? You seem very capable in English? Guys... It is 21th century on the street, he could use google translate or asked somebody to help him to wrote that support case. What about next words:

If an official avatar approaches you, you should always reply

Again, what the? What means you should always reply? He could be in a toilet by that time. That is not reasonable reason to block avatar!

After that i decided to write a support case from my account.

---------------------
Hello MA!

I would like to talk with you about blocking my society mate for suspicion in botting. The reason why i am messaging you instead of him that he is not so good in english and just because i am his formal society leader and dont want him to leave the game.

His credentials:
email : ----
support ----
nickname: ---

In last your message you told him:

Thats quite strange that you are telling him about his english skills. The first thing, his messages in that support case was WRITTEN BY ME. You surely can check his own english skills by chat logs, by that how he is talking with english-based avatars. The second thing, im not sure if there is an rule about ignoring MA officers and that the players is being punished by inactiving his account. The third thing, the UI allows us to hunt in half-afk mode, just turning on autoclick and clicking "TAB" to make avatar run to another mobs and shoot them. I see this blocking very unreasonable compared to those avatars who really does something suspicious. And again, you surely can check his avatar logs to see that he didnt do anything against EULA.

Hoping to get this solved soon.

Thank you!
------------------------

Thats what i get back

--------------------

Hi Frozen,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately we on support does not discuss the states or actions of other avatars.

We apologize if this is causing you any inconvenience.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

---------------

My society mate was an active player, played for one and half years and deposited few thousands dollars. Now he get banned for nothing.. This is getting quite annoying....

Wow, please ....
don't act dump....
its 21th century....

And THANKYOU MindArk for showing that you care game and clean out of bots.

//mg

I don't know.. I feel like there is more to the story that is not being said. Anyways, hopefully you guys can clear all this up with MA if your friend is indeed not botting.

Wow, please ....
don't act dump....
its 21th century....

And THANKYOU MindArk for showing that you care game and clean out of bots.

//mg

Yes, it is 21th century, the way they works is aweful. If soc mate was using bots, this post would not be here. This post is exactly about doing nothing and getting banned. For not answering MA offical...

I don't know.. I feel like there is more to the story that is not being said. Anyways, hopefully you guys can clear all this up with MA if your friend is indeed not botting.

The problem is, that he really wasnt botting, otherwise i would not post it on pcf. Banning an player for just not answering MA offfical is quite weird. I am half afk hunting my self too, and surely i can miss or dont answer pm by somebody..

I would like to point out that you said he was afk hunting. He did not respond to an inquiry from a GM which confirms he is violating tos.

End of story.

(This is the same manner that companies like blizzard and Sony use to determine those who are automating their game play)

To call this no reason is either ignorant or intentionally passive/aggressive. If he feels it is in error, then he will need to open a support case. Not you. Putting this thread here serves no purpose. It's between him and mindark.

When I need to go afk for a moment while out in the field I spawn a vehicle and get in the passenger seat. There is enough time for that even when the phone rings. You need to get shot dead for real and fall over to land on just the right key to have a valid excuse there. It may be unfortunate if the story is true, but assume the other side and imagine what you would try to do. I am actually surprised and pleased to learn that they go out there and personally check on this kind of things.

Good luck in getting the account restored. I guess it can, possibly with the help of witnesses in good standing. But be aware that such clumsy mistakes are costing the company dearly for they have to pay their employees for every minute they need to deal with it. Be very polite underway and don't tell them they are backward or stupid or any such thing.

I would like to point out that you said he was afk hunting. He did not respond to an inquiry from a GM which confirms he is violating tos.

End of story.

(This is the same manner that companies like blizzard and Sony use to determine those who are automating their game play)

To call this no reason is either ignorant or intentionally passive/aggressive. If he feels it is in error, then he will need to open a support case. Not you. Putting this thread here serves no purpose. It's between him and mindark.

Not replying to a pm or local chat is definitely NOT a good reason to ban someone. I've not noticed pm's for hours, I also sometimes have local chat turned off or don't notice it.

Seriously, there are people with follow fappers with mod faps hunting naked or in EST and nothing happens to them, someone not noticing someone talking to them while they just press one key between mobs watching tv, they get banned? Looks like I may be getting banned then, I've unknowingly kill stolen from other players because MA has automated almost everything in this game and I'm just pressing one key.

Reactions: das
Don't know how others do but i sometimes ignore chat and PM's specially with questions with evident begging content or some questions I don't like (what is your hp or what is your highest skill ect)
But i know that all officials have an star displayed before name and this star is visible in chat too.
I guess that same star is visible in PM chat too so there is no excuse to not answer an official even if you were on toilet in PM time.

Wow MA actually bans botters?

No way if so i got a healhty list but since they are maybe relevant players nothing happens tho :laugh:

Never heard of any sort of MA official monitoring for bots. I've never even seen an MA avatar outside of Icarus. Maybe he was tipped off by someone? Hopefully all the mod fap botters will finally get some punishment soon as well :yay:

Anyway, as people have said, just help your friend talk to Mindark politely and they will most likely re-open the account. This doesn't sound like a permanent ban situation, more like a "temporary lock" to investigate "suspicious activity".

The fact that MA were actually was interjecting itself into the gameplay of your friend was most likely from a report of another player witnessing bot like activities.

Is it possible your friend spends considerable time on the toilet or answering phone calls.

I think its a great thing they are following up on bot complaints.

Hope your friend gets it sorted out.

There is a difference between botting, and lazy hunting.

we have auto loot pills, auto shoot tools that the game provides us. They made it so you don't waste ammo unless in pvp zone if you're not shooting any thing.

If you ask me, (you didn't)

if mindark wants our eyes glued to the screen every second they should not have provided these tools to use.

I often get distracted by real life when I'm hunting... dog wants out... phone rings... dog wants back in.... oops I had too much to drink.... damnit, now someone is at the door...

Not everyone in this game is up to no good... Try to remember that :)

oh and btw... while I was writing this post, I was tabbed out while I was shooting the new rocktropia crab. Am I in trouble now?
hehe

Hmmm

if mindark wants our eyes glued to the screen every second they should not have provided these tools to use.

Could we not then say, "if Mindark wanted players to play while afk, the 'afk' stance that makes your avatar look asleep would not exist"?

Many seem to think that the existence of auto-use tool is some sort of indirect approval of afk hunting from Mindark.

This logic is silly. Auto-use tool has many benefits such as reducing the risk of carpal tunnel, making the game easier for the elderly or anyone with arthritis pain, allowing players to chat and respond to PMs :rolleyes: while hunting, etc.

don't make not chatting back a reason for a ban, especially when there's a couple of icons in the action library that some of us folks that don't like to get distracted (or who want to take a few nice screen prints) use from time to time that shuts off every part of the hud except the globals, including the chat (still can't figure out how to get rid of those blasted globals, lol)...

So you've never once gotten up to use the bathroom while you've been out on a long hunt? I hunt for hours at a time... you must have a bladder made of steel. I'm impressed :D

Could we not then say, "if Mindark wanted players to play while afk, the 'afk' stance that makes your avatar look asleep would not exist"?

Many seem to think that the existence of auto-use tool is some sort of indirect approval of afk hunting from Mindark.

This logic is silly. Auto-use tool has many benefits such as reducing the risk of carpal tunnel, making the game easier for the elderly or anyone with arthritis pain, allowing players to chat and respond to PMs :rolleyes: while hunting, etc.

So you've never once gotten up to use the bathroom while you've been out on a long hunt? I hunt for hours at a time... you must have a bladder made of steel. I'm impressed :D

Of course I have :laugh:

But as San mentioned earlier, I just hop in my sleip passenger seat and afk. OP's friend didn't get his account locked for not responding to a PM. His account was clearly locked because of "suspicion of botting".

Support said that "you should always respond" when MA officials message you. This is simply some good friendly advice :D This does not mean "We will ban you if you ignore us".

So please stop with the fear-mongering in this thread!

fear mongering? I just wanna be able to go to the little girls room without hassle.. lol

Of course I have :laugh:

But as San mentioned earlier, I just hop in my sleip passenger seat and afk. OP's friend didn't get his account locked for not responding to a PM. His account was clearly locked because of "suspicion of botting".

Support said that "you should always respond" when MA officials message you. This is simply some good friendly advice :D This does not mean "We will ban you if you ignore us".

So please stop with the fear-mongering in this thread!

Reactions: ZPF
Probably a temp account lock, but please be polite and patient as they only doing their job at the end of the day. I know it can't feel good it's happened but when an official PM's you for a response and is by the avatars side as it is "active", you can't blame them really for the lock.

Hope all is sorted out.

Dibs

PS: i do same and jump in a chopper or quad if something urgent happens irl, toilet, zombie invasion etc.

If reports of botting occur, how else would you prefer MA to investigate? Just go read some stats in a database? Or go out and try to interact with the supposed bot? :scratch2:

You can't have it both ways. Either they investigate, and when someone meets the criteria, they implement punishments, or they never investigate at all.

From now on, make sure you don't meet the criteria and all is good. :)

I think its only reasonable to distinguish between botting and having activity continue while temporarily afk.

If I am hunting a high hp mob that has little chance of killing me. I'll get up and make a cup of tea while i am auto shooting (using the in game facility) and I'll try and keep an eye on the screen in case I need to rush back to heal. Or to use a previous example I might nick off to the loo or go and sort out whatever mayhem my cats are up to.

If I am hunting in an event, I might keep one eye on the screen while I read, or watch a movie, or do some other activity, taking action whenever I need to so as to not waste time or ammo or to avoid dying.

But is clearly distinct from using some sort of macro tool to perform a repetitive predefined set of actions such as is regularly seen with some avatars. And really anyone who has a problem with semi-afk activity needs to get their head out of their arse. Afk and semi-afk activity (as distinct from botting) is clearly supported and facilitated by MA.

If you are mining and need to extract a tower are you going to watch the whole process, or use the autoextract tool while you take care of some real life business?

If you are doing a big crafting run are you going to watch the whole 5k click run or perhaps use the opportunity to have a wee nap?

Why do we put different expectations on hunters? It's bullshit.

A BIG + rep to MA from me !! i think thers somthing more in to this that we dont know about ! thats ridiculous that your friend could not use Google Translate or asked a friend in the game when he/she got the message from a MA official ! could it be that your friend killed several mobs during the time he/she was afk ?

I will not answer to those who thinks, that he really used bot. Dont want to waste my time.
The problem is, they actually banned a players for not answering MA offical. If i am not mistaken, there is no rule about that. I am hunting half afk too, and not always open pms while hunting. So am i just lucky that i didnt get banned?

A BIG + rep to MA from me !! i think thers somthing more in to this that we dont know about ! thats ridiculous that your friend could not use Google Translate or asked a friend in the game when he/she got the message from a MA official ! could it be that your friend killed several mobs during the time he/she was afk ?

Any player has rights to answer/not answer to messages. He didnt used google translate, because he just didnt want to. There is nothing strange in it. No he didnt killed few mobs while afking. He was just standing at same spot with turned on auto-tool and shooting in air. At the same time, MA offical came to him, and asked him something to check him. When he came back from afk, he saw the message, didnt get what message is about and just continued hunting. The next day he was banned. Thats the whole story

Who do i pm next time i see someone botting?

serious question: for how long didnt he respond and when did he get banned for botting? how much time lies inbetween? and to state the obvious again: someone must have reported him for possible bot-using so maybe he was constantly kill stealing others without noticing. and that is at least worth a 42 hour ban (one of MAs standard tools)

You were in fact running as your account was locked, having an moving avatar does not seem like being afk.

I hope your soc mate get unblocked soon.
But you too explain things in mode that one get confused so support may be confused too.
For example you said he is clicking on TAB to go to another mob when not afk mean he is at least near keyboard.
But how he did when afk? - Auto Tab, Auto Run, Auto Shoot, loot pill, Auto AFK, Auto repeat ?
Or you mean he killed mob, looted it and continued to shoot in empty area with auto run still on ("having an moving avatar ") because he was afk and didn't click again on TAB.
To see your soc mate return and continue to hunt mean that official was there observing for longer time and then ignoring him on top of that was too much.
I bet you didn't explain it well to support.

*Ah i see you answered - he was stand still shooting in empty area.
*So he need to give detailed explanation to support including that he didn't know that pm is from official and that he didn't know what star icon in MA avatar name mean.

Last edited:
EntropiaRaiders still around , its why you friend get ban

Let's assume he's telling you the truth (I'm not convinced but obviously you are)

He acted like a bot.
When confronted by MA official he acted like a bot.
When he got back to keyboard he ignored official and continued to act like a bot.
When you contacted them about it they rightly told you they wouldn't talk to anyone but the account holder.

The only real problem here is communication. If his English is that bad then he needs to write down what he wants to say, you translate it and email it back to him so he can copy it to support.

Who do i pm next time i see someone botting?

Can we have an answer to thins question in the Client Loader? :D

Not sure what's going on in this case, but, I think it's great news that MA is looking into FINALLY banning the botters. If a mistake has been done, I hope it gets sorted, but, I'd very much like zero tolelrance for botting :D

Back