MA competition coming???

Status
https://therepopulation.com/

This game too. I see I have a newsletter from 2014 and game is still not a full release. Thanks for pointing out this one too, it's interesting to see.

YES... maybe 5 ppl in my whole country know about EU, and switzerland is a gamer land!

I would be extremely interested how you've conducted your counting.Was is door to door interview or just assumption that you only know 5 players and if you don't know anyone else it automatically means no one else play from your country.

Some competition for MA would be good.

Lets just see how it will develop and lets talk again, when they are out of beta if they ever reach that point.

Competition is always good for the customer, I don't know why you guys are so negative and affraid the game isn't even in closed alpha...

Duh ofc they are afraid. Even if a competitor is so bad, there's a slightest chance that they'll beat EU. Those people who comment negatively mostly have big stakes in EU. Seeing the competitor takes away a big chunk of players from EU would doom their income (LA income, deeds, shops, prices, etc.)

So they start downplaying it from the early on, giving people more doubt on rising competitors and indirectly ensures EU is the only RCE to go. If the competitor turns out really, really good and will most probably overcome EU, they will still downplay it while selling out most of their possessions secretly as to not alert the market. (If people know, they won't be able to sell with their preferred price).

My 2 pecs

I would be extremely interested how you've conducted your counting.Was is door to door interview or just assumption that you only know 5 players and if you don't know anyone else it automatically means no one else play from your country.

Have you ever meet a lot swiss ppl here into that game?

I work into the gaming industry in switzerland, so just believe me, there is near no one here, know about Entropia. Maybe there are also some more as 5 ppl, but the number say enought, it must not be exactly. The number 5 only show, that only a vew ppl here know about this game. The only advertising of entropia was about 15 years back. It was the advert, why i know about eu, and play since then. No advertising = no or less players, is that so hard to understand?

Not sure why some of you need to have salty comments towards me but not a problem I can take it. Saying how I'm a failed player and you guys are not, well, what is considered failed... Just because I dont have it as my job and dont regularly withdraw the change (yes, compared to what I can make IRL, its change) doesnt mean I'm failed and red :) Theres a few players I guided from the red territory to break-even and green, but that shouldnt be the only point to play this game. It should also be some fun, and thats something MA should address.

Are you "NOT FAILED fanboys" satisfied with the state of EU?

- FAILED estates - I walked around all those FAILED pixels like shops(sakura,omegaton,ti). Its so sad to see they are empty, and also owned by MA. Many dead pixels. Maybe modification should be considered.
- FAILED land plots & gardening - going around Southern Ithaca ... dead
- FAILED resource gatherer profession... dead
- FAILED space ... its quite dead there
- FAILED society terminals - how sad that a game has the same interface and functions for 15 years. Many DEAD societies
- FAILED pet & stable system... if you think its fine the way it is .... I believe after intruduction of so many rings... nope, its dead

etc. dont want to name ALL the DEAD things here as the list can become PRETTY BIG...

Im just saying, MA should do something about it, because if TRUE competition comes (We will see if Virtuverse can actually deliver), then people WILL leave this universe. I hope competition can push Mindark into being a better company.

What happens, we will see :)

Have you ever meet a lot swiss ppl here into that game?

I work into the gaming industry in switzerland, so just believe me, there is near no one here, know about Entropia. Maybe there are also some more as 5 ppl, but the number say enought, it must not be exactly. The number 5 only show, that only a vew ppl here know about this game. The only advertising of entropia was about 15 years back. It was the advert, why i know about eu, and play since then. No advertising = no or less players, is that so hard to understand?

Its not a common practice for me to ask people where are they from or what they do outside the game.
Since I couldn't obtain an answer on a simple question I would assume that the number 5 you just picked it at your own discretion based on your own experience into the game with limited interaction with other players which is fine.

The whole discussion was centered around how did you end up with the number 5, you don't need to explain how marketing works and other nonsense.

Its not a common practice for me to ask people where are they from or what they do outside the game.
Since I couldn't obtain an answer on a simple question I would assume that the number 5 you just picked it at your own discretion based on your own experience into the game with limited interaction with other players which is fine.

The whole discussion was centered around how did you end up with the number 5, you don't need to explain how marketing works and other nonsense.

Maybe open your eyes :) This was my respond : * Maybe there are also some more as 5 ppl, but the number say enought, it must not be exactly. The number 5 only show, that only a vew ppl here know about this game. *

Do you think in my job as game developer i don't have knowlege about Swiss gamers and Media here, in my country? there was no promotion for Entropia, since more as 15 years. The game also don't get discussed anywhere here in switzerland. Most gamer's here don't have any clue what Entropia is, if i ask about.

The focus on my post was promotion about entropia, and not to focus on my message about "only 5 play it". The number 5 was ironic meanth, but it seams to hard for you to understand this :)

The focus on my post was promotion about entropia, and not to focus on my message about "only 5 play it". The number 5 was ironic meanth, but it seams to hard for you to understand this :)

Finally took you 3 replies to get my answer.You come up with the number 5 as an ironic message.I had a feeling about it but just wanted to make sure.
Maybe If Mindark doesn't do anything about maybe you can using the position you have in the company you have I am sure it will be easy for you to bring at least 200 players.Lets not blame the others , lets do something on our own.

if TRUE competition comes (We will see if Virtuverse can actually deliver)

Thats the point.
Befor this new game dont get out of beta, there is NO competition for MA.

To many other RCE projects during last 15 years failed.

MA still around and EU still alive.

Totally agree that MA could do a lot things better to improve EU, but so far there is NO competition for them and actually I dont see competition for them.

Even if a new RCE RPG establishes, why should I stop with EU?
I can play several different games!

Do you really think the EU fanboys play only EU?
I am fairly sure most of them play other games aswell.

Finally took you 3 replies to get my answer.You come up with the number 5 as an ironic message.I had a feeling about it but just wanted to make sure.
Maybe If Mindark doesn't do anything about maybe you can using the position you have in the company you have I am sure it will be easy for you to bring at least 200 players.Lets not blame the others , lets do something on our own.

hm, and why i should do MA's job? They don't pay me to make advertising. Or do i get better loot then :)

hm, and why i should do MA's job? They don't pay me to make advertising. Or do i get better loot then :)

Well you shouldn't do their job but in your case you should do it because your expectation for the game to do well is above your input to make the game great that means you want the game to do well and you expect to do nothing in return.
They are not going to pay you anyway and if you want better loot then be ready to invest and take it with your hands , no need to wait for anyone else to stiff loot into your pocket, this ain't going to happen.

They choosed the wrong engine. Torque engine is outdated. PPL today use Unreal engine, or other AAA engines.
And it was much boring to play that clone.

Alpha was in 2006 if I am not mistaken, Cry wasn't mainstream yet. I didn't found it at all boring and I loved that they lacked TT, it added alot of depth. But they severly underestimated the manpower and infrastructure needed.

On another note, I would love to know what exactly did CryEngine brought to Entropia as an advantage, I absolutely loved how Torque looked. Somehow it was aesthetically right on spot with the original cyberpunk theme of PE.

Of course competition should be good.

It bothers me to see the idea the claim that anyone looking for a better option than Entropia has by definition failed as a player in Entropia.

This is inherently wrong and narrow minded.

With a good mix of physical, mental, social and luck you can do well in Entropia with one caveat,
every dollar you make, every day you even 'just' break even, you are doing at the cost of someone else.

This is fine, everyone playing should know this and to a certain level is good fun competition.
The problem comes when you make the decision that you can persuade, lie, bully, deceive, etc... others into paying for your meal ticket.

I have never had a problem with alcohol. I can have a few drinks and feel content, happy, warm and sleepy. I have no desire for more than that, no craving when I go without. It would be wrong for me to bully a struggling alcoholic to go out drinking with me. That is what I see often in this game. That is what I see in this thread. It is wrong.

If you enjoy Entropia, are successful at Entropia and want Entropia to succeed and be a better game and community, maybe don't be a slimy asshole and put some effort into helping, educating, and changing the culture of the community into something better.

If you do not enjoy Entropia, rather because of the cost, the gameplay, the graphics, the community, or whatever, then you should not play it, and would have a happier healthier life finding a different activity for your spare time rather that is another game or outdoor physical activities.

There will never be another game like this one. The psychedelic landscapes. The Comic book like atmosphere. The freaky monsters and their cheezy mob sound tracks, the cool music. The total brutality of having your own skin in the game. The events and the competition.

I turned my nephew onto this game last month while I was up in Reno for the car show. He got it loaded up while I was there. He has been playing games for a long time, and as his crazy Unkle, I helped him build computers and helped foster his gaming addiction. Hes in his early 20s now. The one thing he commented on was that he really liked the storage. He said the chaotic way that your stuff just plops into the storage window as pure classic. He also said that whoever thought up the virtual real money aspect of it was pure genius.

I have to agree. There will never be another game like this. You had all better just enjoy it while you can, and deposit some cash into what you love. If you don't love the game and want to change it, I hope you find something different instead of destroying it. I have spent lot's of money and I probably should not have this year, but mostly I have no remorse because of it. I have to ask myself if I had enough money to create my own game company what would I create? I would create this... :eyecrazy:

If you enjoy Entropia, are successful at Entropia and want Entropia to succeed and be a better game and community, maybe don't be a slimy asshole and put some effort into helping, educating, and changing the culture of the community into something better.

Fucking this!! Thank you!

It seems like many of the successful ones prefer to mock the "failures", but wants them to keep playing and spending here. The ego is outstanding

It seems like many of the successful ones prefer to mock the "failures", but wants them to keep playing and spending here. The ego is outstanding

When you got people consistent crying, calling it scam, how the game is dead and you try to help and them give them advice they just throw in your face. Call you fan boy or accuse you or working for MA. Your feeling turn to mockery and tell them to waste their money. Players choose how much to spend, Ma don't force you. There is so many ways to play the game, its down to the individual. You don't have to have the best gear and highest skills to be success in the game.

Ever since I started the game is dead, MA is worst company and have shitist programmers. I have spent 90% of playtime on a planet that has been written on more then twice, but some how keeps on growing. We have so much broken stuff, that you do wonder how its even alive, but just like the game as whole its keeps going.

MA have never been on big on advertising maybe this how it has survived, when clones has not even been take off and still no compertition. With all slagging off they get, they still going.

When you got people consistent crying, calling it scam, how the game is dead and you try to help and them give them advice they just throw in your face.

Most of the advices I've seen here:
  1. You don't cycle enough
  2. Learn bankroll management
  3. Where's your tracking?
  4. You need more skills
  5. You need to play eco
  6. Try different mob/areas/activities

I'm very much sure most ppl that are offered advices like this have already done most of the stuffs that are within their capability. Do they have to depo at least 5 digits just to get to the "profitable" playing field?

The best advice I received here, is for me to pair EU with other games. Funny how it sounds like when other MMO communities want the players to invest their time heavily in their game

There are more then 50 guys here that don't play anymore the game and all they do is login on the forum and write same things for 5-10 years and saying "how nice the game was for them back then". I had my period when i got super bored with it and didn't login 3 years and i never came here and complain about things.

About the ego let me give you and example now. You are a miner and got some nice areas and you see a guy only complaining. Why would you share your mining locations with him it will just bring more competition on your spot aka less % for all minerals. So all you do is tell him "dude you are mining in wrong location" and what that did for me over the years ? it only got me more hate but i can't stop :))

You go on youtube,reddit, facebook there is always an intelligent guy who made it to level 20 and saying ppls this game is a scam.
If you ask me im also not happy with current state ...i could be a lot better :)

4. You need more skills
  5. You need to play eco

I'm very much sure most ppl that are offered advices like this have already done most of the stuffs that are within their capability. Do they have to depo at least 5 digits just to get to the "profitable" playing field?

The best advice I received here, is for me to pair EU with other games. Funny how it sounds like when other MMO communities want the players to invest their time heavily in their game

Because the game is based on real $. Its not like other games where you have tutorials for everything.

4. You need more skills
  5. You need to play eco

http://entropialife.com/profile.aspx?P=391000&M=globalList&V=hunting

Cmn really :laugh:

I highly advice you to spend more than 4.86 ped in next hunt . You may get suprise

Seen some copies of EU that have failed, so if they are to succeed, they need their own niche.
For me competitors to MA don't have to have a RCE game, it can be any kind of game that
"steal" EU-players so they spend time and money on something else.
Imo the biggest competitor out there could be Star Citizen, if they ever go to Gold. ;)

Biggest mistake MA did (imo) was to spend the profit they had under those years they did
profit on a lot of RL stuff that didn't had much to do with the product.
They should have invested in more development staff so they were prepared for the less good
years, but also to get more advanced coding per feature. Imo, we still suffer due to this mistake.

Well you shouldn't do their job but in your case you should do it because your expectation for the game to do well is above your input to make the game great that means you want the game to do well and you expect to do nothing in return.
They are not going to pay you anyway and if you want better loot then be ready to invest and take it with your hands , no need to wait for anyone else to stiff loot into your pocket, this ain't going to happen.

Why you change the theme? I never asked in that thread for more loot! my loot atm is pretty well! And no, it is realy not my job to advertise this game, also if i love it. Do you atvertise my games? Or do any other company or ppl advertise my games... of sure not, it is my job to do this.

Alpha was in 2006 if I am not mistaken, Cry wasn't mainstream yet. I didn't found it at all boring and I loved that they lacked TT, it added alot of depth. But they severly underestimated the manpower and infrastructure needed.

On another note, I would love to know what exactly did CryEngine brought to Entropia as an advantage, I absolutely loved how Torque looked. Somehow it was aesthetically right on spot with the original cyberpunk theme of PE.

The problem of Torque was not the looking, at those times. The problem was, that they sold that engine to the wrong company, before it got opensource so it just survived in some way.

Why you change the theme? I never asked in that thread for more loot! my loot atm is pretty well! And no, it is realy not my job to advertise this game, also if i love it. Do you atvertise my games? Or do any other company or ppl advertise my games... of sure not, it is my job to do this.

I always answer on point.If I make a small introduction or I take you to another dimension its because I will give you context to what I am trying to explain so you can understand it properly.

You open the discussion on what happen if you advertise? I get better loot? and my answer is that getting better loot has nothing to do if you advertise the game for Mindark or not , its not their call if you get more loot its YOUR CALL.

Regarding your company I don't care what you do there and NO i will not advertise anything you build there.
My expectation are in the same line with the input I am having on your business 0 in 0 out.

I always answer on point.If I make a small introduction or I take you to another dimension its because I will give you context to what I am trying to explain so you can understand it properly.

You open the discussion on what happen if you advertise? I get better loot? and my answer is that getting better loot has nothing to do if you advertise the game for Mindark or not , its not their call if you get more loot its YOUR CALL.

Regarding your company I don't care what you do there and NO i will not advertise anything you build there.
My expectation are in the same line with the input I am having on your business 0 in 0 out.

Oh man, you be the best! Did i ask for better loot? NOOOOO! I just sayd that i dont get anything if i make advertising for MA, or get better loot for making advertising... why you focus on that and show my words in an other content? Do you have fun at this BS? Me not and so i just give up to discuss with you. You never will or want understand me or other ppl! Ok, i accept this and give up, it is sensless to discuss with you? And just to say the theme of this thread was to discuse a EU clone. Your talking here get now oftopic.

Oh man, you be the best! Did i ask for better loot? NOOOOO! I just sayd that i dont get anything if i make advertising for MA, or get better loot for making advertising... why you focus on that and show my words in an other content? Do you have fun at this BS? Me not and so i just give up to discuss with you. You never will or want understand me or other ppl! Ok, i accept this and give up, it is sensless to discuss with you? And just to say the theme of this thread was to discuse a EU clone. Your talking here get now oftopic.

I intervene whenever I consider someone talk shit and I HAVE TO CORRECT.
Your assumption that you will get "rewarded" because you might do advertisement for Mindark is false.Even if you do or you don't do that the loot is always going to be the same according to the tools and skills and mob choice and time span and everything else in that segment.
I focus on what I consider important to answer.I use your words and I correct them how I believe its right.
If you don't like difficult answers then stop posting stupid shit.

Status
Back