MA taking a commision off my sales????

burnsey

Stalker
Society
The one percent
So I'm checking out the enhanced market place stalls. And test it out with goblins shins with a friend. I put them down for 3 ped buyout and it says it adds a fee to the land owner. (0.06) I think ok, that's weird cause I'm the land owner but whatever.

(sorry for the pic, MS paint didn't crop so well)
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
and here's the sale

My ped balance increase only 3 and not 3.06...

Where did the 0.06 go???

Some may think that this is not a big deal but watch this.
I put a Rockjacker down and set it for a price of 15000, it added a 299.99 fee. (2%)

Does MA get this money from my sale? I can sell at auction with out this fee but in order to sell on a stall u either have to decrease the price by 2% to sell it, or hope someone will buy at your price + 2%???

lol ..This looks like an attempt to give extra peds to Neverdie !
(Because his CND got market places and since he is the owner, i guess he'll get all the taxes)

uh.. thats hadeshiem fool...

I think ok, that's weird cause I'm the land owner but whatever.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but aren't your screen shots of Hadesheim?

How can you be the 'land owner'? Isn't it MindArk??

file support and protest. this is sucky imo.

There are some bugs in system probably.
There are one I know of, if you drop an item on a
shelf, you will get a message like "Price is set, but remove (item)
before you can sell it". (Not the exact message, but something like that ;) )
The shelf is in my apartment... ;)

Serenity Xaen said:
uh.. thats hadeshiem fool...
I know Hadesheim more than you......little noob
I know what i am talking about.If i say that the fee is implemented to let Neverdie (and other owners) get extra peds ,its because its written in Content list of VU.
And of course i was not saying that Burnsey was in CND.

Jake Rogue said:
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but aren't your screen shots of Hadesheim?

How can you be the 'land owner'? Isn't it MindArk??

no, there are private marketplaces in hadesheim ;) look at screenshot nr1

Shop: Hadesheim Marketplace #8

:)

Crux said:

From what I read in the VU it appears that you might own the Marketplace, but it's the Land it is placed on that is where the charge is going to.

Example,

You have a Market Place on Treasure Island. You get the item to sell but the fee goes to Deathifier as he owns the Land you have your market on.

Personally, it just looks like another way to pay people more money with large land areas. This would mean that the price of land will go up even more now if it means they can potentially make even more money.

1% of the People get the most Wealth.
4% of the People hold a fair amount of the Wealth.
95% of the People go broke paying for everyone else. :rolleyes:

Odd.

Only shops on TI and CND should have a fee.

I dont think MA should implement taxes on Hadeshim, Omegaton West, Sakura, etc marketplaces, they already get enough of our ped.

Whats next, a % to sell on auction?

from CL

When an item is sold, a fee is also paid to the landowner (not to be confused with the shop owner) upon whose land the shop is located. The current fee is 3% on Club Neverdie and 2% on Amethera. In later VUs the fee will be dynamically set by the landowner.

Does not say anything about Hades or elsewhere. Looks like it is a "bug" LOL

if i understand correctly

i dont think you need to use a shop keeper any more,thats why you can place it on in the shop, check where the item points are used for the shopkeeper in a shop that still has one.

no shopkeeper = no decay

% to land owner replaces decay

land oweners are MA (none TI shops), neverdie (CND) and i think defifier gets some of the trasure island city shops , unless MA plans to sell these are separate land parcels.

i think in existing shop booths you can have upto 10 items to sell (less than current shopkeeper capacity , so not good) existing booths do not have a rental fee /month.

the new booths can take more items but have the rental fee, not sure if you can put a shop keeper in them as well.

% of sale would mean that this method is better suited to low value items

hope thats right, and if it is i hope it helps

yes, you don't need to use a shopkeeper anymore for market stalls, u put item down and then set price. However if this 2% tax remains it is pretty useless to sell items over 50 peds on these stalls because it will add over 1 ped to the price of your sale. You might as well use auction instead for items selling over 1 ped because it will be added to your price and you'll have to adjust your prices with the % to be competitive.

So 2% with a maximum of 1 ped it should be! :wise:

Crux said:

Your point being??

As in real life, just because you own a market stall doesn't mean that you own the LAND that it is placed upon.

From the Client Loader:

a fee is also paid to the landowner (not to be confused with the shop owner)

Burnsey is therefore the owner of "SHOP: Hadesheim Marketplace #8" and NOT the landowner. ;)

but shouldn't I own the land the shop is on? When I do visualize on the shop it shows an area of land that is mine, not just the market stall

burnsey said:
but shouldn't I own the land the shop is on? When I do visualize on the shop it shows an area of land that is mine, not just the market stall

No....

If you follow that logic then all "shop" owners should own the land their shop is placed on and no land owner would earn any tax. This would defeat the whole object.

According to the VU about market stalls:

All market places (like those in Hadesheim) have been upgraded to "shop" status.

What you are suggesting is that market stalls should have their own categorization other than "shop".

Last edited:
Say you go to a convention or something to sell your rubber jabberwockies. You pay for the booth, and are given the right to sell from the booth. For every sale though, you still collect tax that has to be turned over to the government, and sometimes the event wants a % of your day's earnings.

There are 2 sure things in life, Death and Taxes. In MA, its Decay and Taxes.

Although I agree with you in this situation. The Feature list only states that booths at CND and Amethera will be taxed. MA shouldn't be double dipping here.

I cant see the problem here. The marketplace is made exactly for low-priced items not suitable for sale in auction with a relatively large fee of 1 ped.

Who have not had a small laugh when spotting a pixie facemask in auction with tt-value 1.1 ped? Buyout set at 2 ped... :tongue2:

Making the fee in the market-booths as % of item sale, MA simply does like any western government IRL have been doing the past 50 years.

Result: Less small item-sales in auction, less stupid vaste of bloody noob-peds in auction fee, and most importantly - greater variation/difficulty in item-pricing since comparison of prices are not only made hanging out at the auctionhouse. Lets get those resellers running a little too :laugh:

Also these markets will now make a needed variation to the lagging reseller spam-circus from hell, as seen in Port Atlantis.

Whoever this fee goes to, MA, shopowner or landowner. The seller HAS to pay a fee for the service provided. Alternative: Go back to Atlantis and start screaming. No fee there...

This whole % fee thing could be a way to push high priced items into the auction. You won't sell what you think should be a high priced item at such a high price giving a high commission to MA when instead you can let it go in auction for 1ped.

In my opinion this is just the first step to items being sold at auction beginning at TT value (which is a good and healthy thing for the PE economy). In the future, i believe, you will have to sell your MM, Shadow, etc., at your shop if you want to set a TT+insane value buyout price, then give a cut of that back to MA.

MA is just one more step closer to saying. Shops are Shops and the auction is an auction.

So you pay the developer (MA) a maintance fee and a % to the owner of the land. This is really not on - seems like MA is trying to sqeeze more peds out of us and isn't to happy with the way players are bypassing the auction and selling high value items through there shopkeepers. Its just introducing a new form of taxation.

I say no TAXATION without REPRESENTATION (or words to that effect)...lets throw the tea overboard (anyone seen any tea in PE (coffee would do as a substitute) over the side of the metaphorical ship and lets rebel against the empire (or MA anyway) - as a Brit I have always wanted to do this - but got kind of stuck as we were the empire eveyone was rebelling against :)

As said before i kinda agree with this... No point in selling something in auction that as a tt value of 1 ped for 2 ped´s buyout as u get the same money as selling it to the tt machine (why wait 3/4/5 or 6 days) :confused:
I thing this is gonna put market´s in a mutch better position just because there will be much more customer´s... :wise:

P-J said:
I say no TAXATION without REPRESENTATION (or words to that effect)...lets throw the tea overboard (anyone seen any tea in PE (coffee would do as a substitute) over the side of the metaphorical ship and lets rebel against the empire (or MA anyway) - as a Brit I have always wanted to do this - but got kind of stuck as we were the empire eveyone was rebelling against :)

We can either not deposit or throw our "highly valued" items (tea) into the TT (sea). I'm all for this, but who is first and how do we know that we're not the only ones taking part?? ;)

Last edited:
be nice to see more high value items in the auc, tho im sick of resellers buying, and sticking right back on for double the price, look at adj v1, one trying to sell at 13k now. freaking resellers are ruining the game...

deo said:
be nice to see more high value items in the auc, tho im sick of resellers buying, and sticking right back on for double the price, look at adj v1, one trying to sell at 13k now. freaking resellers are ruining the game...
if someone buys that it's not the resellers fault... blame the buyer :p

P-J said:
So you pay the developer (MA) a maintance fee and a % to the owner of the land. This is really not on - seems like MA is trying to sqeeze more peds out of us and isn't to happy with the way players are bypassing the auction and selling high value items through there shopkeepers. Its just introducing a new form of taxation.

well dont people use shopkeepers to transfer peds between avys??? now it will cost money to do so.
Plus i agree with yall sayin shops will be good for small items and auction for the pricy stuff.
As far as resellers, yes they want to make money and not play for fun and that ruinis my experience. As far as it being the buyers fault, well supply and demand, there is a huge demand for most items and there is always some rich kid willing to pay a high price just to have it. I have on an item or two. If there was a limit on the prices of certain items that might help. but nomatter what someone will never be happy.

All in all, i think if ur gunna spend the ped to run a business then you are gunna have expenses, hell enough people are selling and inflating the price of things, getting themself rich, figures MA will put in devices where they can to limit their losses. seems this is one way to sellers.

this is all just my thoughts, i am not here to say i am right or you are wrong :)

but MA is definatly getting a cut off those shops in hades., the easiest ones to get to for a noob ;)

they're not (MA) gonna get a cut. You can still use a shopkeeper(and then 4 additional items) there which holds 20 items and costs way less and MA gets no %. No one in their right mind is gonna sell uber items there and give 2% of 10k peds to someone else, they'll either auction it or put it in the shopkeeper

burnsey said:
they're not (MA) gonna get a cut. You can still use a shopkeeper(and then 4 additional items) there which holds 20 items and costs way less and MA gets no %. No one in their right mind is gonna sell uber items there and give 2% of 10k peds to someone else, they'll either auction it or put it in the shopkeeper

i agree.
i dont think we will see anything else than low end item ( price under 100 ped) sell by that way.

so this system ( % on item price) is counter productive for me :
1) people will use it only for low end item
2) MA wont get mutch money , and probably less than before
3) they spend time to develop something that wont be used.

for me good system would be month regular fee like apartement.

1) MA is know what they are going to get for sure.
2) seller will use the system at max and will try to sell well
3) more selling = better economie = better for MA
4) MA had spend to develop something that is really used by player and they enjoy

Back