MA Webshop Visa Payment Broken

My guess is the payment provider MA uses is in europe and must comply to the PSD2 regulation, whether they like it or not. This means that every single credit card payment you make will be rejected unless it has been verified via either:
  • A secret code sent by SMS from your bank to your phone.
  • A secret code generated using your banks smartphone App.
Here is a nice summary and here is the PSD2 regulation which nobody will read anyway. It doesn't matter where you are, you are making a payment to the EU and enhanced security is required for it to commit properly. The 2FA has nothing to do with the pocket app or MA, its a requirement the EU imposes on your bank.

If you are already doing this and the payments are still getting rejected then I'm sorry, I didn't read all the drama in this thread.

I bet it must suck, but I'm not 100% sure MA can do anything other than having multiple payment providers (could be quite expensive) or just enable other ways of payment on the web shop (will require development time, and we all know MA....).

As always, the correct way to handle this situation would have been with.... wait for it.... waaaaait for it.... IMPROVED COMMUNICATION !! yay for our community managers !!

Sorry :(

Last edited:
FYI...
Just successfully made a purchase using the computer at work.

... I'm not 100% sure MA can do anything other than having multiple payment providers (could be quite expensive) or just enable other ways of payment on the web shop (will require development time, and we all know MA....).
I got an idea!! MA could accept crypto! It could be any kind of crypto like DGB or BTC or XRP or even THETA. Then the evil muckdrucker bankster pooptards wouldn't even be needed. Hell, maybe the people would realize how insignificant and useless those kinds of evil empire sithlords are. Imagine, a world without banksterism.

yeah, no, ignore cryto but fix the stupid payment system. Now even doing it on android doesnt work for me. No wonder returns seem so poor, if fewer people can depo.

Chrome/Edge gives me blue circle of death. Firefox/Android lets me thru and I get to confirm the transaction on my phone. After confirming it tho, this:

so you type in your info, click verify, get to the new page asking to do stuff on your phone, you do it, and then the MA page loads for a bit and then you get declined and shown the pic up there. Thats where I'm at rn. Any tips?

Cheers

Last edited:
So I managed to actually get my payment through today after tinkering around. For me (a US user, visa payment method) it seems like it was simply a browser issue.

I tried:
(Windows 10) Chrome
(Windows 10) Microsoft Edge
(Windows 10) Internet Explorer
(Android) Samsung Internet
(Android) Chrome

Every single browser EXCEPT Chrome for Android resulted in the spinning blue wheel of death. Maybe it's just some coincidental timing, but if you're having the same issue as me, I'd recommend trying as many browsers as possible first.

I tried android chrome and no luck. mastercard. seems visa users have more luck.

This is what came to mind:

Last edited:
Still doesnt work. Tried different browsers. (chrome, mozzila and i.e.)

And I use mastercard....

My Master which does not require sms or app confirmation stopped working in Shop recently.
But Visa with SMS confirm works.
So yeah, it looks like the only cards with confirmations are now working.

My Master which does not require sms or app confirmation stopped working in Shop recently.
But Visa with SMS confirm works.
So yeah, it looks like the only cards with confirmations are now working.
Thanks for info. Dont have any card with confirmation. Seems will have to wait MA.....

OK, so I did another test for the sake of science :) :

- My credit card that worked in the past still does not work today... it is a Citi Costco Visa (waiting for my card to be compromised in 3, 2, 1...)
- I did just try my Visa debit card that is issued by my bank (major US/global bank) --> WORKED FOR WEBSHOP?!? o_O

Not sure what the problem is, but maybe credit cards/certain Visa are broke. Or maybe credit cards are turned off and only debit cards work?
Note again - the Visa that stopped working for me, has worked in the past, does have 2fa, I have been prompted for authorization in the past.

That's all I have to report, hope that helps.

PS - for the Visa debit card through major bank... 1st attempt was declined and I got a text and email asking me if it was a legit transaction. I said yes, tried again, and the purchase went through successfully. Something is happening IMO on the credit card side where this authorization/2fa is failing.

Last edited:
I had success but I posted my solution here in another thread.

Hi, if you have problems with buying anything in the webshop, I would recommend trying these steps as it has worked for other customers.

1. Try a different web browser (Chrome appears to be most successful).
2. Turn off any AdBlock or similar (for example uBlock).
3. Check that you are up to date with your card’s authorization system. It is possible you need to download an application from your bank in order to authorize your card, which is needed in our webshop.

Hope this is of any help and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this is causing you :) We will continue to look into the issue.
It's still not working, none of this worked, my bank CONFIRMED it is on the merchant's side. Can you please let us know ANYTHING about this. I love the amout of time I'm wasting to TRY to spend money on this game... wow makes me feel beyond stupid.

Unbenannt.jpg
When you get that call your bank.

How it goes for me is

1) Edge - Blue spinner
2) Firefox - Works or picture above then to 3
3) Call bank to confirm flagged purchase, in my case the automated menu.
4) Firefox - Retry purchase and works.

I've had to go through this process many times throughout several weeks, its not that big of deal.

If you get error 429 it is because you logged in too many times in short amount of time, and you need to use another phone, pc, etc outside of your network to login.

Bought tanks in WOT - doing great in the missions!!

When you get that call your bank.

How it goes for me is

1) Edge - Blue spinner
2) Firefox - Works or picture above then to 3
3) Call bank to confirm flagged purchase, in my case the automated menu.
4) Firefox - Retry purchase and works.

I've had to go through this process many times throughout several weeks, its not that big of deal.

If you get error 429 it is because you logged in too many times in short amount of time, and you need to use another phone, pc, etc outside of your network to login.
Not that big of a deal? So you're saying its okay for us to waste our time trying to find a way to GIVE MA money? I have tried everything and i mean everything and nothing has worked. But sure not being able to depo since May definitely is "not that big of a deal".

Not that big of a deal? So you're saying its okay for us to waste our time trying to find a way to GIVE MA money? I have tried everything and i mean everything and nothing has worked. But sure not being able to depo since May definitely is "not that big of a deal".
Only you haven't put in enough 'wasted' time or effort to deposit. I told you how to get it done. when you see that refused by acquirer it works... you got the right browser, but your bank flagged it. The process literally takes me now just 5 minutes or less (most of it logging in typing code :D). Otherwise you can continue to be a whiney fool about it, dislike my post, you can believe I'm lying. its all good ?

If it hasn't worked you haven't tried everything. It didn't work for me and I spent an entire weekend + days frustrated. But there's a way to it and as of now it is what it is. It is no big deal.

Only you haven't put in enough 'wasted' time or effort to deposit. I told you how to get it done. when you see that refused by acquirer it works... you got the right browser, but your bank flagged it. The process literally takes me now just 5 minutes or less (most of it logging in typing code :D). Otherwise you can continue to be a whiney fool about it, dislike my post, you can believe I'm lying. its all good ?

If it hasn't worked you haven't tried everything. It didn't work for me and I spent an entire weekend + days frustrated. But there's a way to it and as of now it is what it is. It is no big deal.
I called my bank, they said it was refused by the merchant.. nothing they can do about it. There is no feature to add to my card- nothing. So because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone. Glad you don't mind making a "five minute" call to your bank every time you want to deposit, but I sure as hell don't - what other thing in my entire life do I have to do something like that with- nothing. So why should I for a game that just rips me off hardcore anyways. It's their shit that is broken.. not it's not my fault because I"m not jumping through the hoops. You even say you spend an entire weekend - i'm sorry to hear that - it's unacceptable to me. It's flat out MA incompetence to not resolve this after so many weeks.

Update support news :
A number of Entropia Universe participants have reported issues in using Visa/Mastercard payment cards for deposits in the Entropia Universe Webshop.
While card payments are very complex with several involved parties, our payment provider Nets has informed MindArk that they have identified a technical issue related to a number of rejected purchases during the last few months. This issue should now be resolved.
Separately, some Entropia Universe participants have experienced issues related to the 3D Secure security protocol. With 3D Secure, payments are always verified independently from the card information by various methods of two-factor authentication, e.g. an extra login on the card issuer’s website, a verification text message, or some other means.
While 3D Secure and two-factor authentication have become mandatory for all payments in Europe, some international card payments still fail due to issues related to 3D Secure. MindArk recommends that all customers that experience problems with their Visa/Mastercard purchases on the https://account.entropiauniverse.com website to verify with their card issuer that the card can be used for international payments, and that 3D Secure is enabled for the card.
For payments with the ‘new card’ option, Entropia Universe support has also identified a technical issue where browser ad-block software may interfere with the payment process in the Nets payment interface. This typically is displayed as an endlessly spinning wheel. To resolve this issue, it is recommended to disable the ad-block plugin for the https://account.entropiauniverse.com site and try again. MindArk has no control over this aspect of the payment process, and cannot resolve this issue through changes to the payment website.
Participants who still experience problems using Visa/Mastercard on https://account.entropiauniverse.com are advised to file a support case and attach screenshots that show relevant error messages or faulty states in the payment process.
We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the issues related to Visa/Mastercard payments and we are grateful for your ongoing patience and support.

Update support news :
A number of Entropia Universe participants have reported issues in using Visa/Mastercard payment cards for deposits in the Entropia Universe Webshop.
While card payments are very complex with several involved parties, our payment provider Nets has informed MindArk that they have identified a technical issue related to a number of rejected purchases during the last few months. This issue should now be resolved.
Separately, some Entropia Universe participants have experienced issues related to the 3D Secure security protocol. With 3D Secure, payments are always verified independently from the card information by various methods of two-factor authentication, e.g. an extra login on the card issuer’s website, a verification text message, or some other means.
While 3D Secure and two-factor authentication have become mandatory for all payments in Europe, some international card payments still fail due to issues related to 3D Secure. MindArk recommends that all customers that experience problems with their Visa/Mastercard purchases on the https://account.entropiauniverse.com website to verify with their card issuer that the card can be used for international payments, and that 3D Secure is enabled for the card.
For payments with the ‘new card’ option, Entropia Universe support has also identified a technical issue where browser ad-block software may interfere with the payment process in the Nets payment interface. This typically is displayed as an endlessly spinning wheel. To resolve this issue, it is recommended to disable the ad-block plugin for the https://account.entropiauniverse.com site and try again. MindArk has no control over this aspect of the payment process, and cannot resolve this issue through changes to the payment website.
Participants who still experience problems using Visa/Mastercard on https://account.entropiauniverse.com are advised to file a support case and attach screenshots that show relevant error messages or faulty states in the payment process.
We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the issues related to Visa/Mastercard payments and we are grateful for your ongoing patience and support.
Already jump through the hoops. Spoke to me bank. All is fine at my end with mastercard

This is mindarks problem.

Your move MA

I called my bank, they said it was refused by the merchant.. nothing they can do about it.
No you didnt. Refused by acquirer.Payment declined

Glad you don't mind making a "five minute" call to your bank every time you want to deposit,
It was maybe one minute on the phone with a robot, the rest is spent logging in to EU webpage, putting stuff in cart and checking out. And this is not every time I want to deposit, only when I get the Refused by acquirer.Payment declined. Even then what is 5 minutes to a game you spend countless hours grinding??

If you don't get that message, and are sitting through the spinning blue circle expecting something to happen, the bank wont know what on earth you're talking about. And you've already taken waaaay longer than it has for me. So even if you did call I'm going to assume you're fluffing up your twisted story.

So why should I for a game that just rips me off hardcore anyways. It's their shit that is broken.. not it's not my fault because I"m not jumping through the hoops.

If there was a solution to a problem, and you refuse to take it for the sake of wanting to be miserable and pointing fingers, feeling like you've completely wiped your hands clean of the issue... then I would say from this point on, it is your fault by failure to take action on a small piece of info.

I said how to get it working. I'm not even sure if MA is the one to blame. If you feel like the game rips you off hardcore why are you here whining essentially about them not being able to rip you off even more? You see how none of what you say even connects? Are you chasing losses buddy??? Is that why youre so miserable? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

No you didnt. Refused by acquirer.Payment declined

It was maybe one minute on the phone with a robot, the rest is spent logging in to EU webpage, putting stuff in cart and checking out. And this is not every time I want to deposit, only when I get the Refused by acquirer.Payment declined. Even then what is 5 minutes to a game you spend countless hours grinding??

If you don't get that message, and are sitting through the spinning blue circle expecting something to happen, the bank wont know what on earth you're talking about. And you've already taken waaaay longer than it has for me. So even if you did call I'm going to assume you're fluffing up your twisted story.

If there was a solution to a problem, and you refuse to take it for the sake of wanting to be miserable and pointing fingers, feeling like you've completely wiped your hands clean of the issue... then I would say from this point on, it is your fault by failure to take action on a small piece of info.

I said how to get it working. I'm not even sure if MA is the one to blame. If you feel like the game rips you off hardcore why are you here whining essentially about them not being able to rip you off even more? You see how none of what you say even connects? Are you chasing losses buddy??? Is that why youre so miserable? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
You are going to claim I didn't call my bank? wtf soon as I read that I didn't bother reading the rest of your bullshit.

Funny how some of us players have to depo like our life depends on it. If that isn't insane loyalty. I used to be like that. Now, I'm like MA; meh.

You want to deposit to the game.
So why should I for a game that just rips me off hardcore anyways.
A game you feel rips you off hardcore.
I"m not jumping through the hoops
But you aren't willing to jump through any hoops to do it.

Now do you really want to deposit, do you?? ?

If you never got this "Refused by acquirer.Payment declined", your bank never knew about it. When you get the right browser/settings, be it on a phone same PC different PC. It will either work, or you will get that. If you get that message, that is the last hoop to jump through and that is when you contact your bank (some people it would appear are fortunate enough to get a text alert to respond). I went through the process of troubleshooting it myself and narrowed it down to how and why. I never said it was your fault to begin with. It is an issue that as of now still happens even to me, and have been able to replicate this work around in the meantime. If you called as a result of endless spinning circle, you wasted your time. And I know this because I've done so a few times before narrowing it down. It's worked for me its worked for someone else, and theres no reason why it shouldnt for you either.

But you really don't want to deposit. I don't think that's what its about for you. You have another problem, and its not a problem I'm licensed to deal with.

The fact that to this day, Microsoft edge does not work for me despite how many times I continue to try, tells me there is something wrong within my browser, the same browser I've always used. And if you read up on other posts here you will see how stuff ties in together. You can use all that info into helping you the find a solution. Choosing to be miserable, berating MindArk when it is not really their fault doesnt help you. Asking others if they got it to work (knowing damn well they didnt) while ignoring other people's valuable information doesnt help you. Sending me love letters doesn't help you (you know who you are)... weirdo.

You want to deposit to the game.

A game you feel rips you off hardcore.

But you aren't willing to jump through any hoops to do it.

Now do you really want to deposit, do you?? ?

If you never got this "Refused by acquirer.Payment declined", your bank never knew about it. When you get the right browser/settings, be it on a phone same PC different PC. It will either work, or you will get that. If you get that message, that is the last hoop to jump through and that is when you contact your bank (some people it would appear are fortunate enough to get a text alert to respond). I went through the process of troubleshooting it myself and narrowed it down to how and why. I never said it was your fault to begin with. It is an issue that as of now still happens even to me, and have been able to replicate this work around in the meantime. If you called as a result of endless spinning circle, you wasted your time. And I know this because I've done so a few times before narrowing it down. It's worked for me its worked for someone else, and theres no reason why it shouldnt for you either.

But you really don't want to deposit. I don't think that's what its about for you. You have another problem, and its not a problem I'm licensed to deal with.

The fact that to this day, Microsoft edge does not work for me despite how many times I continue to try, tells me there is something wrong within my browser, the same browser I've always used. And if you read up on other posts here you will see how stuff ties in together. You can use all that info into helping you the find a solution. Choosing to be miserable, berating MindArk when it is not really their fault doesnt help you. Asking others if they got it to work (knowing damn well they didnt) while ignoring other people's valuable information doesnt help you. Sending me love letters doesn't help you (you know who you are)... weirdo.
you" bla bla bla" Me 'nope i'm not reading this negativity"
have a good day

Update support news :
webshop purchases still don't work.

Still getting " Refused by ACQUIRER , Payment declined......... "

NETS still got issues with mastercard Mindark

Not sure if it’s mentioned already, but if you are getting client-side errors when initiating the payment (= loading indicator shows up but keeps loading forever) and you are using PiHole or something similar (DNS level ad/tracker blocker) then try disabling that.
My PiHole was blocking some calls that were required for the payment process.

Have tried with 2 different PC's and an Android phone. And with 3 different browsers. So as much as everyone likes to think they are experts. I would much prefer mindark release official statements. Thank you

Back