MA Webshop Visa Payment Broken

It's just weird. This is going on for 2 weeks now??? Buying ped in-game all good. Same card buying anything from the Webshop error and don't go through.

Players asking Devs so they can literally give them money! Hahahaha Crazy!!!

Its been 3 weeks + for me. I just stopped playing. If MA wont fix it, its their loss.:silly:

bump again. hello devs? ohh community manager? I know you might have made your forum post for the quarter, but maybe you can do just ONE more.

it's not work as well with MasterCard. I have previously made deposits from my МС. Why it's not work now? I don't want look solutions, change card, because it's convenient, as well i don't want change payment method.
I wait answer from official agent MA.
My opinion
if i can't make a deposit(lol, why should I look for a solution to give the money away?), then why should I play this game and respond positively to the game?
I stop playing until the payment tool works as before with my card

HELLO MA are you reading this thread, Seriously you need to fix this issue as there are far too many posts in this thread for this to be a non MA issue. Presumably, you don't want players to use the webshop. I think I shall raise a poll to see how many of us are affected.

Last edited:
Company feel disrespect for the players. there is no news that something has changed or the payment cards in the store are temp not working.

Last edited:
Error in the parameters sent to NETS server
That’s the error message
That’s on MA’s end, right?
If this is the actual error message, yes it looks like the fault is on the sender's side. NETS response and error codes are described here:

But this is weird. If it has worked before, it means that either side has changed the transmission protocol. If it was NETS, all implementers would be informed timely and usually a transition period would apply, i.e. you could tell from the response that your format version is outdated, not outright wrong. If the change occurred on this side, the question arises why on earth they would mess with it if it's been working.

But then - "it looks like." There is no guarantee that it's telling you the truth. I mean it's not impossible but makes no sense that the explanation should be merely technical when there was no apparent reason to apply changes. As said earlier, it is common in the financial world that decisions are made behind your back and manipulation of public reception of such decisions is just part of the toolbox. You simply can't trust anything and anyone.

Maybe FINALLY make webshop stuff available for peds? CONSIDER what ped price you would consider satisfactory for enabling people to buy directly with peds OR create a ped-deposited wallet section that we can use in the webshop or in game at 1:1.
ORRRRRR - do both and let us use deposited peds via bank transfer at 1:1 cost and peds already in game at 1:1.02 ... or whatever... just stop annoying customers pleading to be able to buy stuff!!!

I tried two different computers: Win and Mac; different browser: FF, Chrome, Opera; Internet Connection: ethernet and mobile.
Result: It doesn't help at all.

I got a response from Support:

Thank you for contacting us.

The past weeks there has been a problem with our payment provider Nets. They have confirmed that the issue is on their end and they are looking into how to solve it.

In the meantime, are you confident your card is open to payments outside of the US? Even if your card has worked before, something might have changed and your card is now locked from international purchases. Furthermore, if you bank has 3DSecure, your card must be connected to it and use 2FA in order to work.

thats basically MA saying " we know 100s of ppl are saying its a problem on our side but maybe its you"?:ROFLMAO:

Hello all, I wanted to post that I was able to buy some webshop boxes using firefox as the browser and my visa card. I had previously tried mastercard and that didn't work.

According to payment provider Nets it's all working on their side. Shop is still not working, support pointing to depositing via in game option, but we want keys, not peds :)

For the science sake, I deposited some via in game process, and it works, webshop still broken.

@Sulje this is just MA BS making us depo via transfer center so they get a fee. Sad part is they know most of us are habitual gamblers and we will break sooner or later and direct depo.

I just need ammo and want keys for my meager 20 boxes.

It is not working for me? I wanted to deposit via webshop but cannot get my details validated.

Instead of using a temporary mastercard like I been doing for years... Today I decided to register my real card on site. I had it in the past but mostly of the times I feel more secure introducing a temporary card with also a money limit and not using my real one. I can create any temp. card that I want without any extra charge, it's one more layer of security and I been using these for very long time. I guess it's over now.

So after insert my real mastercard card when I do the buying it opens a confirmation window from my bank and I received a SMS on my phone with the confirmation code and all worked as intended.

I ended up buying ped but I guess the webshop should also work okay with this card now.

Last edited:
No no no no.... 3 weeks that pay for card not work... one day works, and 3 days not... well, im not angry... there is a lot of free games and i feel like entropia is going away far from me... no problem... when people cant depot with eomons event, MA fix, lol... Paypal, where are you?

I have been experiencing this problem for several weeks. Here my contribution, hope it can be of help.

I am UK based, and I have had the same problem using both Visa and Mastercard from my default browser, which happens to be Microsoft Edge, from my desktop which is running Windows 10 Pro.

Few weeks ago, I was able to work around the problem, by using a remote machine at a different location.

I have just tried buying boxes and got stuck, as usual on the spinning wheel. However, this time I tried using Google Chrome in Incognito mode, and it did work, on the same machine where it had just failed on Edge.

Next test, hopefully not too soon, I'll try with Edge in Incognito mode, though I have a vague memory I did try that when I first experienced the problem, with no luck.

I should have waited and read niteflite's post & tried that :( instead I did a Bank Transfer from within the game - and paid about $10 transfer fee.
Bloody MA :(

TLDR: Not actually MindArk's fault

I've had a very long back-and-forth with support about the issue since May 23. It would be a wall of text to go through it here but the short of it is that it is a payment processor issue and MindArk is aware. To quote one line of a response I got recently:

"When they have confirmed the issue is solved, we will announce it on our website."

I can't speak for MA but from all the info I got from my bank and the responses I got from support.. I get the impression that the issue is that their payment processor has switched to a more secure authentication protocol that is not 100% compatible with many other financial institutions (especially those within the U.S.). 2FA and how it is handled between the two regions is extremely different and the vast majority of banks in the U.S. in regards to debit cards, or even credit cards, do not follow the same 2FA procedures. Many (most) of the biggest banks in the U.S. do not require 2FA to log in to your web panel or even have an opt-in 2FA option for your online banking OR your web-based purchases... they instead use various security algorithms to combat fraud.

Considering that NETS doesn't even default to English when calling their customer support line (I know from a few attempts trying to contact them myself - STAYED ON HOLD 30+MIN EVERY TIME, NEVER GOT THROUGH :cry: ) it really just confirms my suspicions that they are very biased towards EU authentication protocols.

Unless the payment processor (NETS) decides to go with something more lenient I'd probably look into different card options that are more in line with their security protocols. Considering they went this route AND they couldn't hold onto PayPal as a processor I'm going to just make an assumption that there is A LOT of fraudulent transactions/attempts coming from the U.S/stolen U.S. Card Information ?‍♂️

Personally I opened a new account and transferred funds to it, but I'm hoping that they just implement/code a checkbox on wire transfers that says "RECEIVE MY DEPOSIT AS STRONGBOXES+KEYS INSTEAD OF PED." Finding a debit card provider in the U.S. that has options for 0% Foreign Transaction Fees AND 2FA seems very difficult :confused:

edit: Not saying that getting a card at a new bank is the only option.. just an alternative until NETS (hopefully) fixes the issue. I can't imagine MA isn't contacting NETS on a daily basis due to the amount of money they are losing :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
@Sulje this is just MA BS making us depo via transfer center so they get a fee. Sad part is they know most of us are habitual gamblers and we will break sooner or later and direct depo.
They don't get this fee, the bankers (visa, mc) do. That is what they use to incentivize you with cash back rewards (pennies) and beef up their pocket books. Nice try though.

I don't really see how being consistently not good at something would increase my respect.
But... it could give them just a small glimpse of what it's like to not be the developer of a "less than perfect" platform that they have to use.
Then again, it also hands them an excuse on a plate (for very little effort) when it comes to problems for which they are actually responsible.
Ho hum ...

I didn't explain fully, it always seemed like if it was something money related it would get fixed asap, but game development or bugs then fixed whenever if at all. So it always leaves a bad taste, but even a money issue isn't getting fixed. Makes me think - oh they aren't just greedy, they are just lazy. Anyhow please fix so I can give your lazy ass's some money.

The odds are small considering the amount of banks that offer this in the U.S... but maybe you'll get lucky.

Look into your bank and see if they offer 2FA for purchases made online. If your account was created before they implemented their 2FA service it is very likely (almost guaranteed) that you have to call them to switch your account status to 2FA enabled.

The whole "try a different browser or device" meme is basically trying to troubleshoot the problem simply without having to go through the process of explaining flushing your cache or possibly changing DNS. If you had a card that was 2FA enabled and suddenly were unable to deposit it's possible your browser had some cached material causing an issue.

As a side note for anyone able to deposit that does not have a 2FA card: it is possible for a card without 2FA to evade the security protocol causing some people to not be able to deposit.. but if that is the case it is likely just a matter of time before NETS identifies your card and blocks your entire financial institution/bank/provider until it is 2FA compliant.

As I said in an earlier post.. it seems this is a very European centric processor (meaning that their policies, regulations, and auth systems are based around Euro standards), and there's literally nothing MA can do about it. If you read the terms of service given by any payment processor they don't have to notify their clients of any changes to security protocols or anything that makes them more secure or incur less risk. They just do it. Odds are there's a lot of idiots trying to get ped with stolen cards resulting in a lot of chargebacks.. idk if you're aware of the fraud situation in the U.S. since COVID started but it's very bad right now.

This for reference is what you should be seeing when you use the webshop. If you've never seen it before, and you know you don't have 2FA, and you currently can deposit... I'd deposit while you can if you don't want to look into 2FA options :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
"If you've never seen it before, and you know you don't have 2FA, and you currently can deposit. "

I've never seen it before, and I am 99% sure I don't have 2FA, and I cannot deposit.
I'm also using Mastercard not visa.

I tried Incognito in Chrome and got this:

I actually respect MA more because of this - it shows they aren't just lazy/incompetent when it comes to game development... they are like that when it comes to deposits too. Consistency.

Have you tried twice?

When you use Chrome in incognito mode and get this message, reload page, fill in form again and send it.

Make sure that JavaScript is enabled.

Last edited:
"If you've never seen it before, and you know you don't have 2FA, and you currently can deposit. "

I've never seen it before, and I am 99% sure I don't have 2FA, and I cannot deposit.
I'm also using Mastercard not visa.

Yeah, I put that there for the people that there for the people that can deposit that don't have 2FA. Them being able to deposit is likely just temporary as I said.

The reason you've never seen it before is because NETS tightened up their security (like many places have recently) and your card doesn't meet their requirements anymore. I wasn't able to deposit for almost a month following the change from NETS and I just opened an account at another bank that has 2FA for web purchases.

There's a bunch of people here making it worse or seem like the problem is solved because they just keep posting things like "Hey just use another browser or computer" without knowing the scope of the problem.. but the reason why that is working for them is because of the cache issue I spoke about in my other post.

2FA is very common in Europe and has been since the 90s/early 2000s iirc. NA institutions use different techniques for antifraud and this conflict is the issue. MA would never comment publicly on this I'm sure but if I had to guess there is possibly a discussion going on about how much liability they are going to take responsibility for if they (NETS) lower the security again.

Back