MA Webshop Visa Payment Broken

Have you tried twice?

When you use Chrome in incognito mode and get this message, reload page, fill in form again and send it.

Make sure that JavaScript is enabled.
I tried 4 times. Not sure how to make sure that javascript is enabled?
Yea this new browser, incognito mode is bull - that's not fixing it at all.

I tried 4 times. Not sure how to make sure that javascript is enabled?
Yea this new browser, incognito mode is bull - that's not fixing it at all.

index.php

no it's on. lucky it works for you but doesn't for me, tried over and over and over.

For a product that has a deposit function In it is completely unacceptable to keep the deposit function idle. 1-2 hours of idle service is a problem.
More than two weeks of idle service is a disaster.
I have to admit that in this case, I don't trust the MA and may consider them incompetent.
The fact that this is not a problem of the MA, but of the payment gateway, is not a problem of the users, it is a problem of the MA, which shows that they can not solve anything.

Be wary of the MA, they can't "play for money", although we are offered to do so.

I expected to see a public message from MA in this thread, or in the official news, but alas. They sit quietly, like girls, so as not to frighten the other players. MA - I can advise you to bake donuts, but you probably can't do it either, since you will be repairing the kitchen for 2 weeks and telling everyone that everything works.

Well, my solution is obvious: I'm not going to waste time on a broken product, looking for solutions. I'll just go have fun in another product where the customer is valued, all systems work, or problems are solved quickly.

Whelp, I made a mistake... trying to find a solution in this broken system...

I submitted a support ticket in the past, one of the recommendations from support, "...5. The card registration in our system is incorrect. Please make sure that the 16 digit card number, expiry date and 3 digit CVV code are registered correctly in the 'My Account' section on the website, under 'Cards'. If you find an error, please update the card information by removing the card and registering it again..."

DO NOT DO THIS
DO NOT DO THIS
DO NOT DO THIS

If you unregister the card, and then try to re-register at https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/my-account/my-cards/, it takes you to the similar process as when you buy from the webshop, as we all know is broken/fails.

No deposits/buying for me now, thanks MA as I have no methods, I can't even deposit peds because the card is unregistered - I'm not even going to try bank deposit method/mess - can you even by boxes that way?

Perfect timing for migration... CYA!

PS - this also makes me think again that the error IS ON MA's side! They had my stored CC info for ped deposits = no problem. Buying from webshop with same CC but have to enter info = problem.

Last edited:
I have made 3 purchases in the last two weeks on the webshop with no issues at all. I assume its a problem with your bank or perhaps computer. This problem you are having is not effecting everyone, many people are making purchases with no issues. Its really annoying to keep seeing posts bashing MA and their payment systems especially when it works flawlessly for many users.

This issue has been occurring on and off since 2020, at least that I know of.
US player / VISA (not a bank) / tried multiple workstations from 4 different browsers and settings
And yes, we will bash because it's been broken for a long time.

You want us to play? Offer multiple methods and make sure they work, pretty simple.

FYI - I know PayPal is turned off, but maybe turn it back on and/or looks like they offer another service called Xoom that could possibly work?? --> https://www.xoom.com/en-us/usd/send-money/bank-deposit-details
I started to try but I didn't know what "Clearingnummer" and "7 digits" to enter...

Call your bank, let them know that you are unable to make purchases and are considering another bank to handle your accounts, they will fix it quickly. I was also using visa. Seriously if you are having purchasing issues since 2020 I would just get a new bank.

Again, there isn't a bank, it's a credit card / issuer
The issue is on MA's end as it's been proven in this thread, nothing Citi / Visa can do

Not working for me with Mastercard today. tried to purchase keys, circle is still spinning, been going for over 15 minutes. Unacceptable.

I have made 3 purchases in the last two weeks on the webshop with no issues at all. I assume its a problem with your bank or perhaps computer. This problem you are having is not effecting everyone, many people are making purchases with no issues. Its really annoying to keep seeing posts bashing MA and their payment systems especially when it works flawlessly for many users.
I have never had a problem before. Something is clearly wrong with the provider who is doing their transactions. My guess is they got rid of their provider, or the provider dropped them, then they got another one, then problems with that one, etc etc. This is clearly a problem. Don't be so daft.

Whelp, I made a mistake... trying to find a solution in this broken system...

I submitted a support ticket in the past, one of the recommendations from support, "...5. The card registration in our system is incorrect. Please make sure that the 16 digit card number, expiry date and 3 digit CVV code are registered correctly in the 'My Account' section on the website, under 'Cards'. If you find an error, please update the card information by removing the card and registering it again..."

DO NOT DO THIS
DO NOT DO THIS
DO NOT DO THIS

If you unregister the card, and then try to re-register at https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/my-account/my-cards/, it takes you to the similar process as when you buy from the webshop, as we all know is broken/fails.

No deposits/buying for me now, thanks MA as I have no methods, I can't even deposit peds because the card is unregistered - I'm not even going to try bank deposit method/mess - can you even by boxes that way?

Perfect timing for migration... CYA!

PS - this also makes me think again that the error IS ON MA's side! They had my stored CC info for ped deposits = no problem. Buying from webshop with same CC but have to enter info = problem.
I actually changed my mind and tried a wire - seemed pretty easy and did it all in online - fingers crossed
Still no boxes though…

im just mad cause I had saved up for a 500 box opening for migration. I can still direct depo but it kinda doesnt make sense.

If it is of any help...I had a citibank credit card not be able to be processed...but a chase bank credit card worked...

If it is indeed authorization process dependent, then CCs from some banks should work and not others.

Fact that I can deposit straight ped works fine but buying from webshop doesn't work is 100% MA issue (or their dealings with payment company)
I'm hardly motivated to spend money on this damn game let alone call my bank to make sure I can- f-that.

2 places in the world I probably can't buy from right now - North Korea and Mindark!

Fact that I can deposit straight ped works fine but buying from webshop doesn't work is 100% MA issue (or their dealings with payment company)
I'm hardly motivated to spend money on this damn game let alone call my bank to make sure I can- f-that.

Sorry to call you out but this is actually the worst take possible.

If this is a case of their payment processor upping security due to an excessive amount of fraud from cards with subpar security by modern standards (i.e. most cards in the U.S.)... then the worst possible thing that could happen is that they just suddenly allow these cards to use the web shop again.

Why? Because that means they have talked with MindArk and the conversation probably went something like this: "We are willing to enable these forms of cards to use our services again but we will be passing 100% of the liability and cost to you (MindArk)."

Unless execs are taking a pay cut then this is probably coming directly out of the loot pool, either collectively or is specially coded in algorithmic form to take the loss from people that are not using secure cards. Definitely okay with the latter, but definitely not the former.

We might never know for sure what the exact details of the current situation are but I just pray that MA doesn't cave to a bunch of people that think they're trying to get them to use the in-game shop so they have to pay more money (lol) and then make US pay for it.

Most banks with 2FA allow you to open an account for free, and generally don't charge fees unless your balance is sub $500 or something like that. Some offer NO FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES if you have a certain class of account as well. Transferring funds from one bank to another generally costs $3 through a web panel - doesn't matter what the size is.

p.s. I couldn't deposit for around 20 days before I opened an account that conforms to their current settings, so this isn't a "I don't get it" post. Get with the times I guess? idk ?‍♂️

Sorry to call you out but this is actually the worst take possible.

If this is a case of their payment processor upping security due to an excessive amount of fraud from cards with subpar security by modern standards (i.e. most cards in the U.S.)... then the worst possible thing that could happen is that they just suddenly allow these cards to use the web shop again.

Why? Because that means they have talked with MindArk and the conversation probably went something like this: "We are willing to enable these forms of cards to use our services again but we will be passing 100% of the liability and cost to you (MindArk)."

Unless execs are taking a pay cut then this is probably coming directly out of the loot pool, either collectively or is specially coded in algorithmic form to take the loss from people that are not using secure cards. Definitely okay with the latter, but definitely not the former.

We might never know for sure what the exact details of the current situation are but I just pray that MA doesn't cave to a bunch of people that think they're trying to get them to use the in-game shop so they have to pay more money (lol) and then make US pay for it.

Most banks with 2FA allow you to open an account for free, and generally don't charge fees unless your balance is sub $500 or something like that. Some offer NO FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES if you have a certain class of account as well. Transferring funds from one bank to another generally costs $3 through a web panel - doesn't matter what the size is.

p.s. I couldn't deposit for around 20 days before I opened an account that conforms to their current settings, so this isn't a "I don't get it" post. Get with the times I guess? idk ?‍♂️
Starting with "sorry to , but" usually doesn't go well:
First you say "if this is... then" aka you and I have no idea
Your why = possible explanations, sure all sounds good but we are players and no one from the company is saying anything useful so it's pointless.

I'm not opening a friggin account somewhere JUST TO PAY MONEY TO MINDARK that's insane. I've deposited tons of money over the 10+ years here.
We are never "depositing" we are buying peds = aka a digital good so really no transfer fee or processing fee SHOULD be included by MA does it and we pay.

MA needs to get with the times - paypay, venmo, etc etc. There are so many ways to pay my neighbor for pet setting to a Chinese tempered glass maker across the world. Yet MA seems to have an issue with me using their webshop with the only 2 forms of payment they offer.
They had paypal and for no logical reason I ever read = had to get rid of it.

I guess I can join the countires on the list that are not permitted to buy loot boxes
I'm not trying to crack on you, I'm just tired of no solution or real explanation from MA. They tell me try different browsers so get whatever information you can from that possible solution.

First you say "if this is... then" aka you and I have no idea
Your why = possible explanations, sure all sounds good but we are players and no one from the company is saying anything useful so it's pointless.
I said "if" because this is the content given by support. This all aligns with what I've said in previous posts... it's a European processor... dunno what more to tell you - just trying to help ?‍♂️

And if you've never heard of a logical reason why they would have gotten rid of PayPal then idk what to tell you... whenever someone claims a chargeback against you with PayPal you immediately take a $20 fee. If it goes through and is unresolved then you generally end up spending somewhere around the $20+ 2.4x the cash value for the ordeal (i.e. $1 chargeback = $2.40 lost). PayPal is one of the worst possible aggregators you can use if you have a business with a high potential of fraudulent charges.

This has to be one of the most obvious platforms for fraud to occur on. Why do you think withdrawals aren't instant? :unsure:

ur right i'm an idiot. ty for all the answers. still cant purchase on webshop.

ur right i'm an idiot. ty for all the answers. still cant purchase on webshop.

Not sure if sarcasm or just a pissy retort.. but yeah if you don't have 2FA you're not buying anything from the webshop as it is currently. This is the important takeaway message if you just didn't read the support response in my screenshot.

regulations are now tougher and you are required to verify yourself with 2FA in order to make purchases to Entropia Universe

I said "if" because this is the content given by support. This all aligns with what I've said in previous posts... it's a European processor... dunno what more to tell you - just trying to help ?‍♂️

And if you've never heard of a logical reason why they would have gotten rid of PayPal then idk what to tell you... whenever someone claims a chargeback against you with PayPal you immediately take a $20 fee. If it goes through and is unresolved then you generally end up spending somewhere around the $20+ 2.4x the cash value for the ordeal (i.e. $1 chargeback = $2.40 lost). PayPal is one of the worst possible aggregators you can use if you have a business with a high potential of fraudulent charges.

This has to be one of the most obvious platforms for fraud to occur on. Why do you think withdrawals aren't instant? :unsure:
This is an interesting piece of info

- my card that doesn’t work now has mfa, it has popped up in the past in 2020 but doesn’t any more
- my card has worked this year after the Jan 2021 date for boxes without even a mfa popping up

I feel something else or something in addition is also going on

Not sure if sarcasm or just a pissy retort.. but yeah if you don't have 2FA you're not buying anything from the webshop as it is currently. This is the important takeaway message if you just didn't read the support response in my screenshot.

regulations are now tougher and you are required to verify yourself with 2FA in order to make purchases to Entropia Universe
Who says? you? I have support response too and they didn't say you must have 2FA. Here is what an official posted in this very thread:
1. Try a different web browser (Chrome appears to be most successful).
2. Turn off any AdBlock or similar (for example uBlock).
3. Check that you are up to date with your card’s authorization system. It is possible you need to download an application from your bank in order to authorize your card, which is needed in our webshop.

first 2 steps have nothing to do with auth, 3rd: I am "up to date with my card" and "it is possible," meaning "you may have to" there is no application needed from my bank to authorize my card. I'm not getting a new card just to give money to MA.
And that's not true that you are required as you stated - I can deposit ped.. that is making a purchase. I can't use webshop.

MA can't hire smart people because they are afraid they will rip everyone off. So, no good programming ever gets done. Sounds like government doesn't it.

Hi Slaiine,

Thank you for contacting us.

Nothing is done yet, but after the summer, more payment options is expected to be available. In the meantime, we are waiting for Nets to solve the current issue.

Kind regards,
Rose - Entropia Universe Support

Last edited:
After having hunted Eomons and LT's yesterday and looting some boxes, I again tried to buy keys from the webshop.

Windows 10 Gaming Desktop using google - blue circle of death
Windows 10 Gaming Laptop using Firefox - blue circle of death
Macbook using google - blue screen of death
Macbook using safari - Transaction completed, but the completed screen was written in Swedish

So I got my keys but what a complete shambles that it only works on a system that has nothing to do with Entropia. Obviously this is not a solution and does not help anyone that does not have access to a macbook

After having hunted Eomons and LT's yesterday and looting some boxes, I again tried to buy keys from the webshop.

Windows 10 Gaming Desktop using google - blue circle of death
Windows 10 Gaming Laptop using Firefox - blue circle of death
Macbook using google - blue screen of death
Macbook using safari - Transaction completed, but the completed screen was written in Swedish

So I got my keys but what a complete shambles that it only works on a system that has nothing to do with Entropia. Obviously this is not a solution and does not help anyone that does not have access to a macbook

Had no time to hunt, took the boxes from a friend - mixed stuff - Bought 300 keys on Friday - Went well.

Tried to buy 300 keys on Monday - Failed
Tried to buy 300 keys again on Wednesday - Failed
Tried to buy 300 keys now - Worked and got my keys.

Weird thing is, its the same computer/card/browser/bank/value.

Soo not really sure if this is a bank/browser related issue. As i have always had 2FA on my cards [ Visa ] - Still cannot deposit PED. Either ingame or on the site.

MA can't hire smart people because they are afraid they will rip everyone off.
That's a noble attempt at putting a somewhat positive spin on it, but I'd say there are other reasons probably closer to home.

However, if they can't straighten out this whole webshop payment third-party process mess, but people CAN still deposit plain peds, then this is even more a case for simply opening the side door of a new "inside job" ped card that records deposits before those peds are moved on to the plain ped card everyone has now OR can be used immediately for direct shop purchases on that account balance.
There could also be a 50-day timer for transfering back from the normal to special pedcard as a safety function - and then a quick withdrawal if desired; the system would be advantageous to BOTH sides as well, surely?!
As the saying goes, it's easy to complain - and we do so justifiably all the bleedin' time... - but where is the support for good ideas when they are made, made and made again?

Back