Question: Main Arena Lysterium

S4400Salvation

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Shaman 4400 Salvation
Question goes out to frequent Main Arena miners on F.O.M.A

How many of you found any lysterium after the ATH, i know that resource was not found in any previous VU's in that dome and having dropped loads of bombs after the ATH i have found so far 0 lysterium claims, makes me :scratch2:.

Handpicked ATH ? I doubt anyone can answer since system is one big riddle now :)

Hi, whats the depth of the lyst claim?

yes i have found lyst in such a dome...

wow who cares you didn't get the ath...

i havn't towered in a year....
ya it sucks.

Strash you clearly missed the point i was trying to make with this, maybe read the post next time more clearly.

yes i have found lyst in such a dome...

wow who cares you didn't get the ath...

i havn't towered in a year....
ya it sucks.

Try re-reading OP mate....if you need a translation let me know...I'll help. ;)

i will just repost...

Yes there was lyst there since it opened.

and since lyst is not poping up in the same area it looted a big ath.. perhaps it's drained in that area for the moment?

i will just repost...

Yes there was lyst there since it opened.

and since lyst is not poping up in the same area it looted a big ath.. perhaps it's drained in that area for the moment?

See i would of apologised for being arrogant but that's just me.

Have main arena gazz? If so - that's the answer.

What happened lately (and STILL going on, but on a way smaller scale) - I call it Lysterium Sodomization™, when particular resource substituted by lyst.

Well, actually it's not even "substitution", it's "shut down" of resource, and when you hit in such "hole" - you hitting "canvas" which consist from Lysterium and Crude Oil, - they're everywhere. For example, new planet, or Cyrene. There is still not all resources is "active" and you hitting Lyst and Crude only.

Currently sodomized: Niksarium, Gazzurdite, Belkar. Firstly I thought that some of those resources shutdown in case of "overheat", to protect their "flow", but not sure now.

It's easy to test. Belkar have relatively nice MU now - go at Oyster, camp it for a while. You will see - you will start hitting lysterium at some point.

If it's intended solution for something - it's The ugliest solution I ever seen in mining.

No gazzurdite in the Arena, and as far as i know no other ore has been removed or replaced with lysterium in there, gold/iron/igni/narc all still available, only thing that got my attention was the lyst ATH which would mean lyst is added to main arena.

As for the drained part i doubt it very much that a resource can not be found due to a ATH dropping, had my share of narc claims after the ATH dropped in dome 18, but in this case it seems like the lyst ATH was just a flaw as i still haven't found any lysterium claims in the Arena, which is very strange from my point of view.

Last edited:
What happened lately (and STILL going on, but on a way smaller scale) - I call it Lysterium Sodomization™, when particular resource substituted by lyst.

In my opinion that has been going on for years.

There are ores en enmatters that are so called 'filler ores' Lysterium and Oil being the most obvious ones.
In order to keep demand and supply somewhat in order there is a maximum amount of for example gazzurdite that can be found in a certain period. When we get close to this amount you will start to get more lysterium claims.

This is most noticable when people camp certain ores/enmatters.

No gazzurdite in the Arena, and as far as i know no other ore has been removed or replaced with lysterium in there, gold/iron/igni/narc all still available, only thing that got my attention was the lyst ATH which would mean lyst is added to main arena.

As for the drained part i doubt it very much that a resource can not be found due to a ATH dropping, had my share of narc claims after the ATH dropped in dome 18, but in this case it seems like the lyst ATH was just a flaw as i still haven't found any lysterium claims in the Arena, which is very strange from my point of view.

I forgot about narc, it was sodomized too.

And sodomization is not permanent, it's time-based.

There are ores en enmatters that are so called 'filler ores' Lysterium and Oil being the most obvious ones.
In order to keep demand and supply somewhat in order there is a maximum amount of for example gazzurdite that can be found in a certain period. When we get close to this amount you will start to get more lysterium claims.

Yeah, for years. Especially, when along with that white crap I start globing with redulite and got 200+ and 500+ ped hofs of that "mafia" ore.

Yeah, it's okay and normal.

The thing is no ore has been replaced when the lyst ATH dropped, all still were and are available, only thing missing is lysterium itself, that's the issue i am having, how is it possible to have a ATH of lysterium in Main Arena and after that no other lyst claims to be found. Was the lysterium meant to be dropped there? Was it a mistake?
Since i still haven't found any lysterium claims myself in that dome i'm still :scratch2:.

This was not always true. There used to be areas where you never found lyst, Shinook being one of them.

To prove this point (to myself and to skeptic friends), I once chipped out all mining skills and unlocked CGA again without finding 1 stone of lyst. So even without skills, all you needed was to know the boundaries of fields.

I think in VU10 they changed this forever. The changes now seem to occur more often, forcing us miners to think and adjust all the time.

The thing is no ore has been replaced when the lyst ATH dropped, all still were and are available, only thing missing is lysterium itself, that's the issue i am having, how is it possible to have a ATH of lysterium in Main Arena and after that no other lyst claims to be found. Was the lysterium meant to be dropped there? Was it a mistake?
Since i still haven't found any lysterium claims myself in that dome i'm still :scratch2:.

Lyst is a "replacement ore", in my experience it seems like you can get lyst when you are supposed to get "something", but you don't qualify for anything in the ground, in this case maybe because he was supposed to get an ath, but the system did not want to give that much of any ore found there, for balancing reasons presumably.

Hey the lyst was on 1050m vrx2k and lv 9 amp

No it hasn't been going on for years, lyst was only found on server borders, and in designated areas, where it could be found reliably, like the outskirts of Sakura City etc.

Back