Suggestion: Make (L) items stackable

miathan

Alpha
Society
Rangers
Alindrina Alli Golden
This is mainly a quality of life feature but could have slight impact on the economy as well since it will make L slightly more usable.

If you grind with L items it's a bit annoying to switch weapons, enhancers, amps, attachments and key bindings when stuff breaks.
The suggestion is to be able to create stacks of L items. These stacks will be similar to stackable items but not exactly the same since the items in a stack can have different TT (decayed) and have different TIR/Tier.
It should be possible to inspect each item in a stack (just a simple list). Right click to remove an item (or an 'x' or something). Drag an item to the stack to add it.
It should only be possible to stack the same item together (LR-30 on LR-30, not LR-25 and LR-30)
A stack should show the total TT and total number of items.

If you use a stack of items the first non-damaged item in the stack will be active.

Possible uses:
  • Put a stack of (L) ArMatrix Amps in an UL gun
  • Put a stack of mining amps in a finder
  • Have stack of (L) guns prepared with UL amps, extender and enhancers
When it comes to different TIR and Tier suggest this:
TIR is not an issue, it's only the top item that is active.
When it comes to tier and enhancers I would suggest that the stack should always be possible to populate with 10 enhancers.
How many enhancers that are in use is decided by the tier if the active item.

In theory this could apply the UL items also but the utility is questionable there.

If a stack should be tradeable or not can be discussed. I would love to be able to buy a stack of 50 ArMatrix 17P amps from AH or a shop.
I think miners would also love to be able to buy a stack of 100 Amps :)

(I'm sure this have been suggest before but I didn't find any good threads searching, please link if you know of any)

This is mainly a quality of life feature but could have slight impact on the economy as well since it will make L slightly more usable.

If a stack should be tradeable or not can be discussed. I would love to be able to buy a stack of 50 ArMatrix 17P amps from AH or a shop.
I think miners would also love to be able to buy a stack of 100 Amps :)

(I'm sure this have been suggest before but I didn't find any good threads searching, please link if you know of any)
I don't think this has been suggested before or I have perhaps missed that memo. Love the idea though.

Still not convinced on the tier/enhancer thing you have suggested and i don't have a better alternative either. Rest of it in terms of an idea sounds really useful.

that is some high class problems right there.
nice idea, but I rather they focus their energy on other things, with this having potential to screw stuff up

Making them stackable and behave the way you describe might be a bit of work. A simpler method in my mind while still helping to alleviate the problem you have is to simply have a Rightclick>Replace button that will automatically swap out your broken L weapon with a fresh one if you have one in your inventory.

The automatic enhancer application idea also seems a bit to complicated and might in fact be undesired for a lot of situations. I don't like that one.

Not a simple thing to do. Seems like the easier thing to do would be to simply increase the max to value.

Nice idea, but a far simpler idea imo would be to be able to merge (l) items ... 28.59 and 31.52 becomes one weapon with the sum of both tts ... If the max tt is exceeded, the merge is not possible ... Tier rates could be determines by the % tt value of each weapon towards the merge ...

Just an idea

Ma first said:
Q: Will the current version of Entropia Universe continue receiving updates during the Unreal Engine 5 development period?
A: Yes. New content will continue to be developed and released for Entropia Universe by MindArk and the planet partners during the Unreal Engine 5 development period.

And then they said:
The process of upgrading the current CryEngine 2 client User Interface has been taking a lot of resources and is somewhat risky with regard to the technical aspects, given the complexity of the old UI framework. The decision therefore has been made to focus on implementing significant UI improvements in Unreal Engine 5 instead.

I think it's safe to assume that we'll not have any QOL updates untill unreal is live....

Back