Make night darker on calypso, and shrink the moon back to its original size....

Olivia Petty

Mature
Olivia
I think its too bright at night on calypso, in some places you forget its even night its so bright, also the moon is stupidly big, id like to see the original moon back.

Thanks ^_^

No thanks, I like seeing what I do in games! Sorry! Maybe an option, sure, but I'd like it beeing day all the time.

Regards
Thark

I think its too bright at night on calypso, in some places you forget its even night its so bright, also the moon is stupidly big, id like to see the original moon back.

Give us first a working gamma slider in the options menu. One that works in windows mode, too!

So many places I barely see anything... For example: Caves with mind reavers, marcimex. CP mutated aurlis. Halloween instances. And night on Calypso...

I have to switch to fullscreen very often, cause it is too dark.

Ciao, Armin

Night a bit darker can be cool :)
and the use of glowing gear can be usefull, like the nabesh scanner, glowing blades, even mindforce glowing on the owner body, can even implement "illumination" mindforce chip (make the target glow in the dark with a glowing range link to the Lvl of the chip) to illuminate ourselves, friends or even mobs and pets :)

Give us first a working gamma slider in the options menu. One that works in windows mode, too!

So many places I barely see anything... For example: Caves with mind reavers, marcimex. CP mutated aurlis. Halloween instances. And night on Calypso...

I have to switch to fullscreen very often, cause it is too dark.

Ciao, Armin

It has already been posted by tech people (players, not devs) here in forum that gamma adjustment in window mode is not possible. Workaround is to adjust gamma in your video card control center (Catalyst for Radeon, no idea whats it called for Nvidia)

ps. have never seen gamma adjustment in window mode for any game.

If you want darker nights lower brightness/gamma...

If you want brighter nights increase brightness/gamma...

Won't work in windowed mode though, so play fullscreen

:silly2:

It has already been posted by tech people (players, not devs) here in forum that gamma adjustment in window mode is not possible. Workaround is to adjust gamma in your video card control center (Catalyst for Radeon, no idea whats it called for Nvidia)

ps. have never seen gamma adjustment in window mode for any game.

Well, sure I can adjust gamma for the whole screen... But that is not what I want. The rest of my screen gets then so bright, that it's not really usable.

Many people requested day and night circles... More people complain about them now. The usual reply is to turn up the gamma setting... But that does not help the people, who are playing in windowed mode.

And it may be not possible for the developer to easy implement gamma in window mode... but then MA should develop the game areas in such a way, that there is no gamma tweaking required. They should add more light to many areas.

Ciao, Armin

Thanks ^_^
Seconded! :)
Edit: although I love the big moon. As it feels more like an alien planet! ;)

Thats no moon! Oh hang on, it is! - for those who joined in past couple of years, this was how night used to look :)

For the record, I had no problem with it, and I've always played in Windowed mode.

Originally when the"night time" effect was introduced on Calypso, it was much darker. The result of that is people couldn't see what they were doing, couldn't play the game, couldnt hunt or mine, etc. So if you are going to make night time darker then a tool will have to be introduced to allow us to see at night. That tool most certainly will cost PEDs and as a result the cost of game play will increase.

No one wants to pay for something (seeing at night) that right now is free.

For the record, I had no problem with it, and I've always played in Windowed mode.

When I look at your picture, I would have no problem, too, when it is so "dark" on my screen. I will try to make some screenshots of really dark areas. So everyone can see, where the problems are...

Ciao, Armin

With the new VU MA gave us a screenshot utility. Now i can show, how dark some areas are for me. Unplayable in windowed mode... :(

To my surprise: The screenshot is a bit brighter, than my gaming picture. But look yourself:

Oh shit, so that's whom we need to blame for what they did with the moons. I'd love to remake some of my old screenshots with newer hardware, but unfortunately it's not possible anymore.

Cool visual you made Svarog great job. :cool:

To answer the much older post in this thread about never seeing gamma controls in any game. :laugh:
Older PC gamers will remember such things from late 80's to 2000's.
Like: Dungeon Master II, Doom, Descent/Freespace, Carmageddon<99%sure it had), Mechwarrior series, Total Annihilation, Homeworld, Scrapland, Medal of Honor<99%sure it had), Beyond Good & Evil, etc. etc.
I recall a "Thief: The Dark Project" forum discussion over if changing gamma was cheating (btw it wasn't). :wise:
Anyways all ancient history now. :yay:

I always liked the pitch black nights and we do have a torch that we can put on our rifles :cool:
And for those that do mining, well use the vehicle lights when driving and the halloween torch or a Nabesh Scanner 100 when walking :laugh:
I sometimes spawn my vehicle, enter it, switch lights on and exit :yup:
And than go hunting around the vehicle, works perfect :laugh:

Back