Suggestion: Make pills and shrapnel auctionable

Woudl you like to have all pills and shrapnel auctionable?

• Total voters
I wouldn’t hate this. But there are a couple concerns I have with this:
  1. Auction fees must be lowered if P2P trade is disabled for stackables.
  2. I kind of love the P2P market and even miss the old days of “trade hubs” like Twin Peaks.

Yes, I know it's a difficult concept, but everyone uses the MU value even for P2P, and there are no fees. There is no war in Orders as there is in sales and because of the low fees the market is always undermined. It is also a great prerequisite for fraud in the new ones in particular, which makes the game look like a scam in the beginning. In my opinion, it is an essential part that needs to be addressed and something changed.

I think that the real problem with this is that we'll end up with too many items on auction, which will overload and paralyze it, the system won't be able the handle hundreds of new pages of items. This is possibly why you can't just sell sweat on auction, you gotta refine it into a crate first which essentially turns it into one item.

Otherwise what OP is suggesting is very much needed, and not for just pills and shrapnel.

Yes please.

Same for ALL the pets in game. Today I visited all the stables on Calypso and didn't found any useful buff. Half of the stables are abandoned... You wonder why? You can't even sell/buy on auction most of the pets. Need anymore reason?

The worst part is that this open doors for shady pvp trade. Like selling pets at inflated prices to newbies because they don't have any way of know the real value. This did happen to a RL friend that started to play recently.

This shady deals also happen with lots of items, like old Trade Terminal items. And of course the pills. You sell it on trade channel for X to find the exact same item latter in a shop at 2X or 3X.

Is this Real Cash Economy or Real Shady Economy?

It's definitely a yes from me. There's not a single drawback from making tradable items auctionable.

In particular, current shrapnel distribution is very inefficient, forcing many melee hunters and crafters to just TT them while others are idling, waiting for sellers to show up. More efficiency would definitely increase turnover, benefiting all parties and it's really a low hanging fruit for MA to increase their bottom line. As for pills, that's a no brainer: large market, generating additional MU, which we are all starving for and additional auction fees adding to the loot pool, if memory serves me right.

On a somehow related note, it would be great if items coming from starter packs could also be refined for UA. At the moment they are exactly in the same situation where pills were before MA implemented the possibility of refining them. If exchanged to UA, they would also add to turnover.

Half of the #calytrade is full of vultures buying pills, please make them auctionable so there's an easy access of selling and buying these.
Thank you!

As is this case, my vote is switched to Yes.

I would like a legal and safe place to sell or acquire these pills and the auction would be perfect for this.

I think the reason why they have it designed this way is because each planet partner pays the 1% conversion rate of shrapnel (if it was looted on their planet). If people could auction it that would mean more sales would happen and less shrapnel would be tt-ed. More costs for the PP. Though for the pills I see no reason for them not to make them tradeable in auction.

Half of the #calytrade is full of vultures buying pills, please make them auctionable so there's an easy access of selling and buying these.
Thank you!

Some of these vultures might be able to manipulate auction prices, but they'll have to pay fees and take more risks, which is good.

Pets should be auctionable as well I think, S0ph13 was bought and sold through auction for a while after it was introduced, so this should be totally possible.

Yes 100%. While we are on it, why isn't everything that is tradeable able to be placed on the Auctioneer?

I think the reason why they have it designed this way is because each planet partner pays the 1% conversion rate of shrapnel (if it was looted on their planet). If people could auction it that would mean more sales would happen and less shrapnel would be tt-ed. More costs for the PP. Though for the pills I see no reason for them not to make them tradeable in auction.

Do people who produce large enough amount of shrapnel actually TT them? There are always loads of people buying them at 100.5% all the time on trade channels, which will likely end up being converted anyway.

Anyway, +1 for making all trade-able things on auctionable.

Did you guys vote on this yet? :)

Total voters 117. This poll will close: Jun 29, 2021

yes, it would only be logical.

It now just doesn't make sense that stuff can be sold, but not be put on auction.

ALL tradeble items should be able to be put on auction.
It makes sence for each trader a option that still exists most MA destroyed.

BtW i am no trader i hate it but it is something ppl can generate some income not only MA from fees

And it will be no representable voting cos we have 90% more hunter/miner/crafter as real traders so i dont trade but voted no for the logical.

And the Idea to buy shrapnel is only to get it cheaper.
A item that give 1% you buy for .5% or in auc ,1% where you can only make win from.............. only to maximize win from a item that you cant sell for 1,01% cos than ppl fell cheated cos they pay for something.....:eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Bump! I'd really like to be able to buy skill pills from players, be it direct trade or, even better, from auction.

At the very least shrapnel should be auctionable.

Some form of ingame internet would be cool. so shop owners can have a virtual web space along side the shop space, accessible via a device or auction

This would be such a nice boost to the economy around the boxes, if people stuck with skill pills, or candy canes, eggs etc would be able to sell them, it makes no sense to keep them bound, except maybe for pills gifted to players in Christmas.

and make auction GLOBAL with no planet distinctions and no fees for retrieving items from another planet
ah no, tehy cant or Caly would not be the market place anymore :)

Its fine the way it is now.
Simple solution: dont open SO MANY boxes and you are fine :)

I believe anything avatar bound is a travesty to PE / EU really.

i think that IFN Dropship should also fly in space .. after 1 year grind a player should be rewarded. not warp, but like quad, fly in space
or maybe also warp, why not?
Given the investment of time and money I fully agree with you on that. MA has failed miserably in their consistency.

Back