MankiniGate

Alainax

Elite
Society
Titans of Space
Alaina Bonnie Knight
In the last VU we had the introduction of a male clothing item which allowed male avatars a piece of clothing that would allow for some slightly more revealing swim wear - The Mankini.

Yes it was silly and fun, and not going to appear in vogue anytime soon, but it was enjoyed for the most part and had a lot of fun with. As of the patch today, it is as far as we know, the first ever clothing item to get made planet bound.

Female avatars have long enjoyed, indeed many years, the chance to be utterly naked. From armour to body stockings, from tight pants to havok thongs - So how tremendous it was, that males could for the first time in forever, even have this equal chance, one which all female avatars could do with ease.

I am clearly a lass, making this thread, but the way I see it is equality is utterly undermined if it is not OK for males to also have this choice.

As far as I could tell from my chats with players - The general consensus was the vast majority of Entropians found it funny, some thought it was a bit crass but didn't bother them and a small minority were utterly offended by some who dared to be near them and danced with it - (but not interestingly offended by female equivalent).

So what happened? I really hope we can get some answers :)

If I , as a female, can easily push my ava to be very much nekkid with no questions asked, but M swim wear is co banned in a week - Can we be so obliged to have an official comment on the matter of Female Vs Male clothing acceptability and the need for discrepancies.

Thank you kindly

Last edited:

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
the Ministry
Maria Mesh
and if you undo it, will the pets from all planets start working everywhere... this is after all a virtual UNIVERSE...

schneiw

Provider
Double standards, from the Swedish Tradition of Excellence? Who would have thought....

Alainax

Elite
Society
Titans of Space
Alaina Bonnie Knight
and if you undo it, will the pets from all planets start working everywhere... this is after all a virtual UNIVERSE...
The main chat about this was based on the player, the choice to wear what you personally have chosen. Pets are a whole new subset. I would like clarity on what is ok for us, we can come to pets next :)

I guess you gotta decide for yourself if the clothing and pet criteria are comparable. Maybe MA will wade in, but sounds way off imho

Last edited:

happy_hipster

Guardian
Jack Hipster Kimble
Free the nipple

It is discriminatory to allow male characters to walk around topless, but not females. It is also discriminatory to have thongs, bodystockings, girdles, dresses, etc. only for female characters. What about the transgender communities? One cannot separate sexuality from fashion, but one can impose ones sexual judgements on an entire universe of people. I would not wear the mankini, but I support it, just as it supports men.

Entropia needs a nudist planet.

addz

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Rocky Addz Harley
Entropia needs a nudist planet.
If that is what you want there are thousands of other places on the internet for you, you're in the wrong place.

I don't know about everyone else but I came for a space themed mmo with a RCE not this crap.

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Is there a copyright issue with the Mankini?
I don't understand why of all things Manikinis' are planet bound? How much of the Rocktopia stuff, which has no SciFi association at all be allowed to be spawned on other planets. ie various race cars, etc

I agree the Mankini should be freed, I also want one!

BestGamerEver

Dominant
Society
ROUA
First 1ch3ls Lady
One of the two reasons imo...:

1. Homofobic MA staff.

OR

2. An way to make you go NI/AG if you want to enjoy the mankini experience.

Alainax

Elite
Society
Titans of Space
Alaina Bonnie Knight
On the basis that the manikini is no less offensive, no less unusual and no less revealing as the female equivalents, please allow it to be as readily available--- or if there is a point missing, please let us know. Thanks :)

atomicstorm

Marauder
Society
Entropialoot.com
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
Is there a copyright issue with the Mankini?
I don't understand why of all things Manikinis' are planet bound? How much of the Rocktopia stuff, which has no SciFi association at all be allowed to be spawned on other planets. ie various race cars, etc

I agree the Mankini should be freed, I also want one!
If it was a trademark issue, then it wouldn't be in the game.

Bahb

Old
Society
The Cereal Society
Bahb happy Silunt
Shoot I would have bought one and bounced around in it and my carnage facemask doing the pogo.

That's quality youtube content!

How unfair. I need an avatar gender reassignment so I can have fun with apparel. Unfair! Harrumph I say!

Legends

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
I'm not going to get on board with the whole 'inequality' thing of men vs women... But I think the Mankini brings an interesting new option for avatars who wish to express themselves in a unique way and brings even more diversity in the game. It's kind of dumb that it cannot be worn elsewhere now...

Konvicted

Elite
Society
Freelancer since january 2020
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
To the OP or mankini fanboy. Please explain the fun factor wearing mankini?

PS: This is not the right place to fight for equality, dynamics makes unequality

Ranavolana

Alpha
Society
The Society
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
Have we really thought through where this could lead?

Check out Medieval fashion re codpieces. That clothing accessory was originally encouraged by the church for modesty - and see where that ended up when the dictates of fashion & bad taste had a say in things.

Also there are those tribesmen in New Guinea that parade around sporting a hollowed out gourd as a fashion accessory (or maybe just to protect their manhood from ticks and/or mosquitoes).

I don't know about others here but I am not really on board with mankinis or male nudity on display.

Think of that ancient hominid Homo Erectus if you get my meaning

Legends

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
To the OP or mankini fanboy. Please explain the fun factor wearing mankini?

PS: This is not the right place to fight for equality, dynamics makes unequality
The highest purpose in this universe is the creation of an effect. When I wear a Mankini, I create lots of effects, some are offended, some laugh, some whistle as I walk by...

Adjusted Einar

Provider
Society
Shaolin
Einar Lee Yap
The highest purpose in this universe is the creation of an effect. When I wear a Mankini, I create lots of effects, some are offended, some laugh, some whistle as I walk by...
"Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
No more than 3 mankinis in service area.

4 or more is just out of hand.

Mankini free zones 2020!
It should be level 7 before it comes out from storage."

jeez, who would have thought they'd react much less get it right WOOT

Last edited:

Spacejanitor

Old Alpha
Society
(Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
Roger Spacejanitor Wilco

Ace Flyster

Elite
Society
Rangers
Dave Ace Flyster
I imagine the only reason MA did this was to encourage people to go to Ancient Greece, trying to drum up peds for the shares.

'Free the Makini'

Rgds

Ace

slither

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Snake Slither Hellfire
I just don't give a fuck. (the silent majority needs to be heard)

Lefty

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Medb Lefty Lucy
imho the problem is not the mankini, it's the really rather atrocious (M) "Sexy" dance... I may be blind to its appeal due to being a (M) player but really???

... and in this community there was somehow some sort of problem with mankinis, really reaallly?????
...............................................................................:lolup:

SoberPhil

Provider
Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
I don't have a mankini, but I'd like to find out how the ban actually works. Say you're flying from Ni to Caly, wearing nothing but a mankini, then you land on Caly, and since that piece of clothing is banned there due to strict rules and regulations, would you end up getting out of your ship in your birthday suit or what?

Spacejanitor

Old Alpha
Society
(Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
Roger Spacejanitor Wilco
Times a changin. If its a sign that MA has grown a sense of Morality and Ethics, you should all be cheering in happyness right now. That would go across the board in conduct.

Fistlly. Stop giving our Game-Host Mindark PE, such a hard time, about every little damn thing. It aint easy to please everyone damnit. Secondlly. You are gamers, not game-devellopers. Know your place. Nothing wrong with suggestions ofc, but be a little tactfull about it.

In fact, our beloved game is still here, after all these years. They have done a bloody good Job thus far, against all the odds.

Frankly, if a man comes to repentance of past wrong doings and mistakes, I am not going to keep his past against him constantlly. You can only move forwards from hence.

If anyone here is perfect and has never done anything wrong ever, then let him cast the first stone.

Do you want to play this game , or do you want to change it? If you have the quallifications to work as a develloper, I strongly suggest that you submit your resume to HR Department @ MA. :smoke:
But remember, you work for a Boss and you must follow orders, or lose your job.

Last edited:

PaulF

Hatchling
Society
Classified
They do the bare minimum on this game due to lack of competition. Wouldn't take much to put them out of business to be honest. Stay tuned :)

Times a changin. If its a sign that MA has grown a sense of Morality and Ethics, you should all be cheering in happyness right now. That would go across the board in conduct.

Fistlly. Stop giving our Game-Host Mindark PE, such a hard time, about every little damn thing. It aint easy to please everyone damnit. Secondlly. You are gamers, not game-devellopers. Know your place. Nothing wrong with suggestions ofc, but be a little tactfull about it.

In fact, our beloved game is still here, after all these years. They have done a bloody good Job thus far, against all the odds.

Frankly, if a man comes to repentance of past wrong doings, I am not going to keep his past against him constantlly. You can only move forwards from hence.

If anyone here is perfect and has never done anything wrong ever, then let him cast the first stone.

Do you want to play this game , or do you want to change it? If you have the quallifications to work as a develloper, I strongly suggest that you submit your resume to HR Department @ MA. :smoke:

Kitty

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Kitty Kitty Fire
I see all the old white men have spoken. Geez, I feel 'woke AF' (sarcasm)

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi
hmm

A mankini on itself is not offensive (nor is being naked), however some people's conduct while wearing it often is. This has more to do with the people behind the avatars themselves, then with the piece of clothing, however some people seem to be even more drawn towards 'humping' other avatars due to those kind of these fashionable debatable choices of body-covering.

Perhaps it has to do with their real-life frustrations or minority complex, or with tendencies they are too afraid to express irl?

Humping other people is imo:
- not allowed according to ToU, since you purposely annoy other avatars, and try to make their 'EU experience' less fun.
- not done. Treat others like you like to be treated yourself, that is, with some respect. IRL you'd get a kick in the groin if you hump ppl, period. So don't do it in game, unless you KNOW the other person likes being humped.

I don't care if anyone wears a mankini, bourkini, or whatever they like in EU. If they find it 'fun', to do so with a bunch of friends,... whatever makes you happy dude :)
Just make sure it 'stays fun', for everyone.

Evey

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Eve Everglades
I don't care if anyone wears a mankini, bourkini, or whatever they like in EU. If they find it 'fun', to do so with a bunch of friends,... whatever makes you happy dude :)
Just make sure it 'stays fun', for everyone.

A very good point. But I guess even if the large majority is civil about it, there are some exceptions that will ruin it for everyone, no matter what.
It is harsh to see it introduced widely then shortly removed or restricted to an area so ideally, MA, make a global instance, a club or a beach of some sort, where people can join in without this restriction and party hard :laugh:
I don't really like these, but I like the part about keeping it fun for everyone. So bring them back, but put them in an instance easily accessible for everyone. Wouldn't be too bad to have a new instance where people could gather and party on various occasions :)

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
If this was done simply to appease a few easily offended people, perhaps a solution would be a user preference for showing "mature" content. Flag all potentially revealing or otherwise hilarious outfits, and if the user has maturity off then they only see the offending avatars in jumpsuits. It would be pretty simple to code, and everyone wins.

Johaoninho90

Alpha
Jo Johaoninho90 jo
I Wonder now what the value of the item will be...and is it still possible to buy it on auctioneer ?