Map info (especially those familar with GIS maps)

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
I'm tinkering around with some map ideas in programs like ArcGIS, etc. looking at maps like these:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/images/eudoria_mobmap_vu14.jpg
http://www.thedisturbedones.co.uk/mining/amethera-v3-0.htm

Both have lines drawn representing the different revival zones. Does anyone here know if there is some data layer out there that has each of these polygons and the coordinates that fall within each of them? I could approximate these zones from the these images, but I'd rather save on that work if there's something floating around that was used to create these maps already.

Thanks, I was wondering if something like that was being done weighting distance between revival points or someone had actually measured out approximate edges manually. Definitely the latter seeing the distances after looking at the maps after seeing what you mentioned Serica. Shouldn't be hard to reproduce at all.

Basically, for an Entropia revive map, you have a map layer with the locations of all 'revive' terminals.
You then include a Voronoi layer where the vector line are automatically calculated based on maintaining an equal distance between the points on the 'revive' layer.

Each server square would have to be done separately and then stitched together into the final map display, as you don't revive over server boundaries, even if that revive is closer.

The only interesting manual adjustment would be to account for Land Areas, where all revives will be at the LA revive, regardless of which nearby revive might actually be closer.
I assume this would be done as a mask.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with :)

Last edited:
I should at least have a layer with the revival zones, but it shouldn't be extremely difficult to get the land areas, PVP, etc. in there too as separate layers (actually need this for some of the mining spatial analysis I want to do). With entropedia's map out of commission, this would at least give some option layers for whatever comes up in the future. I'll definitely post back once I have a close to finished product.

I think I have this on an old drive with the coords that created polygons on a layer on top of the map...very similar to the Oceanic mapping program format.

If I recall they are just an array points which you can then shade programmatically, and overlay the 0 point(which is really 10k, 10k or something) aligned game map. Similarly it is very easy to make the layer editable and create these polygons on the fly, which is another feature that Oceanic program had.

Oceanic * found a forum link though the site is gone the images may clue you in to what she was doing.

was the name of program that had these data points for sure, though I have not heard of it in awhile. It was a little more popular on the ark forums if I remember. But it did provide alot of what you are looking for.

Somewhere to look anyhow, and one possible way to go with it.

Last edited:
I can try and dig out my files for the mining maps if it will help?

Can't remember which computer I saved them on so might take a day or so to find.

Blake, if you got something that's just easily sitting in a folder or two that you don't have to dig through too much, I'd be glad to see what I can do with it. I'm perfectly fine doing things from scratch though, especially if it would take a bit of work on your end to dig things up.

Back