News: Marcimex Unrest

Reading a lot about botting. Does that mean we should all start botting? Always thought we get banned for botting. Maybe I've been missing out on stuff.

Reading a lot about botting. Does that mean we should all start botting? Always thought we get banned for botting. Maybe I've been missing out on stuff.

Seeing a lot of Pupugi globals recently. Should it be assumed that everyone getting a Pupugi global is botting or is it just a coincidence that many are doing the exact same META codex at the moment?

Given that people around me in the last few days have not even been able to ...., maybe it's all over the universe right now. So, my question: is the META reward the same 1/5 step as every other stage increase? If so, then why do people have even the slightest issue with it being given at the end of a repeat stage requiring upwards of 5000 peds in turnover? People on the non-repeat stages and switching mobs will be g

Cost increases progressively for repeatables. Some of the repeatables I am at cost over 30k; that and adding the fact that you get less and less reward should not piss people off because they are not loosing anything.

People have an issues with it because right now, this is a shortcut to having much more attributes than a hardcore hunter, only having to kill 50hp mobs and with a balanced META with repeatables counting they would loose the puny mob advantage. That is the only reason for why people could be pissed about high turnover hunters getting some attributes from repeatable missions :D
I'm ok with my HP, I can solo anything and I'm also OK with other attributes and I don't have a problem falling behind mighty cornundos, tripudions and snablesnots hunters. I prefer cycling 30-50k a day on profitable mobs than to cycle 5k on puny and look cool on a forum attribute list. Just as it's not for me buying skill chips to place high in the forum highest known lists, I don't get why ppl do that in a RCE (people are buying swine dlx for Codex - WTF!) but I'm hoping people can't see past these lists.

Repeatables were already a mistake alltogether, adding meta would be even more so. Any kind of choice in Entropia usually has an opportunity cost. Except minmaxed grinding. They already get skills for free via profit, why should there exist any kind of bonus on top of that? Where would be the joy for "losers", as Messi loves to call us, meaning those who actually pay for the game alltogether, in attaining some extra 20 attributes or whatnot when stacking buffs-Earth Shock-yog-wave-jumpstrafe etc abusers would have hundreds? Didn't they got enough money, didn't they got away with enough abuses, glitches and exploits already, what's next a "press here to win" button?

Kerham, you're mixing.. well pretty much everything.
Repeatable missions were a very nice addition and they give the same reward to everyone that is an active hunter so it's rewarding hunting activity, not just smart players. Actually smarter play pays more for the game because decay is paying the game, not loosing the money on mistakes. Again, you are not going to loose anything if an active hunter gets .4 attribute for every 5 damn repeatable missions. In fact that's where the attributes should have been if you ask me, on repeatable missions, because those are the hard part of the mission. You may have left this place but you still have a deep desire for the neighbor's goat to die :)

I guess the 'loss' is comparative for some ways of thinking - and they just don't want to move the slider even a slither away from whatever they happen to be doing. Personally, if on the low side I can get .4 attribute from a few peds of chirpy then I certainly don't mind if you get that too off "5 damn repeatable missions", as you said.
Also personally, I was losing peds on space hermits, but thought that the goal of having a complete choice of rewards from the list after lvl 25 might be half worth doing anyway. THEN I discovered MA put in a slippery slope without actually telling us, got p-ed off, and reduced my turnover massively again. Way to go MA, eh?
If you're on the profit side anyway then good for you :).

Cost increases progressively for repeatables. Some of the repeatables I am at cost over 30k; that and adding the fact that you get less and less reward should not piss people off because they are not loosing anything.

People have an issues with it because right now, this is a shortcut to having much more attributes than a hardcore hunter, only having to kill 50hp mobs and with a balanced META with repeatables counting they would loose the puny mob advantage. That is the only reason for why people could be pissed about high turnover hunters getting some attributes from repeatable missions :D
I'm ok with my HP, I can solo anything and I'm also OK with other attributes and I don't have a problem falling behind mighty cornundos, tripudions and snablesnots hunters. I prefer cycling 30-50k a day on profitable mobs than to cycle 5k on puny and look cool on a forum attribute list. Just as it's not for me buying skill chips to place high in the forum highest known lists, I don't get why ppl do that in a RCE (people are buying swine dlx for Codex - WTF!) but I'm hoping people can't see past these lists.
Since profit is more important than attribute gains for you, whats the problem then?
It isn't the player that only goes for small mobs, or only goes for biggest mobs that are the "winner" in skill and attribute rewards,
it is those that can be persistent and have the ability to finish off all missions. Simple as that. So stop reading this and head out
for all those small mobs now. :D ;)

It's maybe just one of many examples of MA being counter-productive to entice people towards small mobs that they haven't yet done. The original codex is at least the same reward percentage for everything up to stage 25, whereas the meta starts rapidly declining straight away.
Out of curiosity, what is the 1x turnover for a marcimex stage (or what is the ped value of the first reward)? In theory it could entice me to Caly on a one-off to get maybe ten stages, i.e. 2 meta rewards done...

Seeing a lot of Pupugi globals recently. Should it be assumed that everyone getting a Pupugi global is botting or is it just a coincidence that many are doing the exact same META codex at the moment?

No, you can't draw that conclusion. It's an easy meta to do - regardless of how you do it and yes, people are bored right now to be doing meta whoring. It's the new "in" thing.

Another cave instance where people can go and macro afk all the like

Is that documented from the developers?
Because im up to 20 repeats on some mobs and have around the same costs, give or take some peds.

If u repeat same mission 20 times. Why should get a reward? It's inbalance too if u get reward.
I have nothing against ubers, but it is exactly why ma removed repeatable attribute mission. It is non sense. At least to me, just giving my opinion. Sry if not everyone likes it..

I say no.. That is the price you have to pay in order to be able to hunt only "high MU mobs" in a allmost industrial way ! Meta reward should be a reward for you playing the whole game ! That it is my view to look at it..you may naturally have a different opinion. Good luck out there/ Flash

Is that documented from the developers?
Because im up to 20 repeats on some mobs and have around the same costs, give or take some peds.

It definitely seems to increase, I thought it increased by 1k peds each time or something like that.

It definitely seems to increase, I thought it increased by 1k peds each time or something like that.

Wow I find that hard to beleive.
Im just finished repeat x11 on aurli and you mean that it should cost 11k peds more after 11 repeats?
For me its the same amount of peds i cycle per repeat.

Anybody else wondering if this overpopulation of Marcimex and Pupugli has anything to do with the climate change on Planet Calypso? In the old days, transportation was purely based on Mind Essence, an ecologically friendly fuel source. Now, we have all of these oil-burning vehicles polluting the atmosphere. Air quality is at its lowest point ever and we keep seeing more and more of these “uprisings” and population explosions. There has got to be a connection.

…and don’t even get me started on synthetic mind essence.

is this event over already?

Omg come on guys
Botting .... haha

If i wuld runn a bot then i wuld runn it on profitable mu Mobs and not on shitty pupugis, there is no problem @all to Set up a bot on better Mobs

Pupugis are simple F makro spam in a loope

But yeah i wuld not add repeatable codex until majority of playerbase reached some repeatables already

After, almost 1 1/2 year I wondered into Cyclops Depths last night for Marcimex and now they are OUT! ?
Oh so it's you who drove them out! I respect women who aren't afraid of spiders but this is... different ?

Back