Maria's Endeavors

Maria's Little Zoo.
This post is the now home of Maria's Zoo since the old Zoo Post is now outdated as most of those pets have been sold off. I'm going to try something a little different this go round and mainly focus on double or triple buff pets. I also may keep a few single buff pets if they have decent buffs or are just interesting critters to have around.

--------------------
===================
CYRENE PETS
===================
Rhino Beetle: Level 8
Mang Chang: Level 2
Paneleon: Level 6
Wolpertinger: Level 7
Arret: Level 5

===================
STRONGBOX PETS
===================
Whiskers: Level 2
Yau Kung Mun: Level 4
Lai Tung Pai: Level 4
Fido: Level 1

===================
MONRIA PETS
===================
Leprechaun Blue - Level 5

--------------------

If I get the entire zoo unlocked on the buffs I may start renting the pets out. We'll see how this goes. It's going to be an interesting adventure. I recently sold off my old UL viper whip so just have the Boiga and Cobra for now. Most pets recently acquired were purchased at ok prices from different pet shops around the virtual universe if I didn't already have em in storage or tamed them myself at some point in time. I do keep an eye out for pets from time to time. I finally got around to buying a Eudoracell tonight., along with a few other pets. Time will tell how far each pet advances in levels over time. I don't play for a ton of hours each day but do try to log in long enough to trick out most of the pets in the zoo for the planet I'm on down to 90% or so before logging out most of the time. Some pets do eat a lot more nutrio than others, that is for sure. Hopefully, with the new announcment of the next game engine Mindark will make pets more worthwhile in the not-too-distant future.

Last edited:
restocked shop last night. Tired as heck today since I spent a few hours when I should be sleeping doing that. Most pets were moved out except a couple of the big guys. Shop's now ready for Xmas time shoppers looking for Christmas Trees. Now what to do in the mean time. I still want to get my Calypso based pets up to level 7, but am slightly getting bored weasting peds hunting on Calypso. Arkadia Moon running is something I may get back to but it's such a waste of time, blowing 15-20 minutes a day just running around. If all the pets were level 7 I'd be back at that, but they still have a long ways to go. I'm thinking about going to Secret Island or Next Island to tame another asclarius or raise levels on the gorilla to level 7, but we'll see. I'm also thinking a nice visit back to do some more maze running on Cyrene may be something I might want to get back in to. It's August. In 4 months it'll be time to pick up xmas gifts universe wide again... or maybe I'll skip that fun time this year? We'll see. Last year it lead me to spending a lot of time on Toulan, but really Toulan is too busy now... overcrowded little planet. Need to go somewhere with a bit more seclusion, a fortress of solitude that isn't is boring as this old rock in space.

Last edited:
==============
CYRENE PETS
==============
Rhino Beetle: Level 8
Metabolic Rate: 19.20
Exportable at Level 7
Training: Average
Rarity: Common
Tricks: Greet, Dance, Two Step, Tail Wag
Passive Effect: Skill Gain - Pet and Taming 15% @ Level 18

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

-----------------------
Mang Chang: Level 4
Metabolic Rate: 19.10
Exportable at Level 7
Training: Average
Tricks: Greet, Dance
Passive Effect: Skill Gain - Pet and Taming 10% @ level 11

index.php

index.php

index.php

-------------------------
Paneleon: Level 6
Metabolic Rate: 10.00
Exportable at Level 7
Training: Easy
Tricks: Greet, Dance, Bow, Kick Leg, Sniff
Passive Effect: Skill Gain - Pet and Taming 10% @ Level 14

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

------------------
Wolpertinger: Level 7
Metabolic Rate: 10.00
Exportable at Level 7
Tricks: Greet, Dance, Strike a Pose, Cabbage Patch, Rock Out
Passive Effect - Pet and Taming 10% @ Level 14

*NOTE - To get a Wolpertinger you don't 'tame' it. You have to turn in 200 mazeweaver certificates. Max number of mazeweaver certificates you can obtain is 8 per day. You read that right. It takes about 25 days of maze running to get ONE wolpertinger! I really wish Cyrene or Mindark would up the buff level on this since it takes so long to get one... Each run through the maze usually takes about 10 minutes or so.

Acceleration buffs help a bit to get the first 3 runthrough to end of maze certificates daily. Rest have to be obtained by killing vlanwing, Vlad, or touching the items hidden in the maze. It's a bit annoying that the timer on this daily is something like 23 hours... so you have to wait a full day to reset it. If Vlad doesn't spawn immediately it can throw you off. If you don't time it right you may end up waiting one and a half days, etc. There's rumors that in a future vu the maze will look different than it does now, but for now once you learn it you know it... After all you have to run the blasted thing 25 days in a row to just get enough certifcates to turn in for the pet (that is unless you want to buy one. See link in my signature for my shop where one may be found from time to time for sale)
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Arret: Level 5
Metabolic Rate: 10.0
Exportable: At Level 7
Passive Effect: Skill Gain - Pet and Taming 10% @ Level 14
Tricks: Greet, Dance, Bow, Nod

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

----------------------------------------
-----------BACK TO ZOO INDEX--->
----------------------------------------

Last edited:
index.php

Back to causing mischief over on Cyrene... but the Devs there understand and listen, unlike many other planet partners.

Falsley advertised pet sizes will be altered soon. Mindark's also allowing Cyrene to do raffles now (booth raffle event just got over). Appaarently Planet Partners are able to do that type of thing but participants are not (even though some still do). Monria stopped doing raffle type events, but now that they own Toulan we'll see what happens in the future...

Just a little history on changes and updates Cyrene has done per requests I've made to them over the years:
https://cyreneforum.com/threads/ricardos-buyback-program.8129/#post-29284 Lighter maze hammers

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/5…11/#post-28278 fixed false advertising price of zyn firecamp

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/v…82/#post-28280 - update to vlad in maze looting stuff again

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/plane…7th-2018.7825/ - vlad was suppossed to drop certificates as rare loot but I've never seen him drop any of that, so I think this is just a rumor?

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/plane…7th-2018.7825/ - arrets tameable again

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/make-…82/#post-27890 ul maze hammer

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/puny-…07/#post-27889 tamable aret

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/add-m…98/#post-27888 vlad certs.

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/duste…83/#post-27900 duster station tp

Last edited:
index.php

index.php

Against my better judgement I did decide to tame another few arrets. This time I'm using lower end L whips for the little guys instead of the viper I sold a while back. I just like having the little guys around. So cute. Guess my stay here on this planet will be a bit longer than expected to get this little critter up to level 7. I was planning to leave in about a week when I get enough maze certificates to get my next wolpertinger, but I guess I'll stay a bit longer and get one more wolpertinger after that one. Just wish the wolpertinger certificate build up didn't take 25 days for eacch one as you have to stack up 200 non-tradeable certificates, and max you can get per day is only 8.

Goal here is to tame at least one of each of the planet specific pets up to level 7, move to another planet and do the same for that planet's pets and then eventually move back to hitting Arkadia Moon for daily 2 ped a day runs when not restocking the shop on Foma... I did complete a few lower end missions here and likely will do so on other planets too. Nice that the codex now exists is so many places. It was neat the last few days in working towards 3 missions at once on paneleon killing and taming. While doing that it was fun using the adjusted boiga with melee trauma amp 4. Two hit kill on the paneleon... you knew after the first hit if you were going to tame it or kill it. ;)

It's also nice that the tameable mobs are near a tp now. Back in the olden days when taming first was introducted it didn't quite work like that and you had to hunt and search for a tameable among the herd of the big boys. Almost feels like it's 'too easy' these days in some ways. However, it'd be nice if each planet had taming missions like Toulan and Monria now have. That's something sorely needed on a planet like Cyrene.

Last edited:
index.php

Got another level 1 wolpertinger earlier today as well. :)

(*plan to evacuate this rock a while shortly when all the Cyrene pets reach level 7*... I got a few Asclarius to go tame over on Next Island and a shop to reload soon... ;))

Moved some stuff around in the apartments on Foma and also installed a couple of new this and thats... got the smuggler posters in there now. a deep pile carpet on the wall behind the couch, and stone path over by the bar. I really like that the new carpets, rugs, and paths can be put on walls or floors. However, makes it tempting if you get frustrated to block hallways, especially if you own an estate on both sides of the hall, lol. (seriously a couple of stone paths placed correctly make it look like some weird cave entrance in the middle of the hallway)... copule more girls up in the apartments are now holding snowballs too. Strangely that item makes them move a little more than other items...

It's very tempting to move all armor back up to the apartments but now I've worked so hard on decorating the apartments it seems like that'd be a shame. If I get more peds in game somehow or grind down the univeraal smmo I have in game and convert it to peds we'll see what happens. Placing stuff where there's paths to walk in the apartments is sometimes difficult since it's a small space but it's fun figuring out how to make it work.

I'm surprised I haven't tried to work out some sort of maze type thing in an apartment with carpet walls and big furniture. I see some have done that type of ithing in some shop basements on foma... it could be fun to do someday if I ever want a change in how things are organized in a while.

someone should overbid me on the fence on auction soon so I don't actually block two of the halls, lol.

bought a few more pieces of furniture. Redecorating in apartments are underway. Moved the ifn medical partitions up there along with several other things. I love interior decorating in this game. :)

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

redecorated the zoo a bit.

Strange and kinky things are happening up in the apartments these days...

Meanwhile down in the shops the house of glass has been created...

all open for your viewing pleasure....

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
back on Ark moon for a while. Need to be here so I don't keep on burning thruster decay going up and down from Foma to Caly every single day, lol.

At least over here I can make a couple of peds a day, and train pets if I feel like it. Shop and apartment on Foma is still full at the time of this posting. Bunch of blueprints and weapons in there and a few armor parts, and random other things. The maharash and ifn partitions are pretty nice looking together in the basement.

Here we go. Initiated Withdrawal August 25th... We'll see how long it takes...

still pending...

still pending...

still pending... Support indicates that this takes on average 50 business days... geesh.

Take your money in seconds and wait to give it back an eternity.

Back