Maria's Estates in the Delta Tower at Omegaton

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Since the last thread about one of my estates was closed down recently, I decided to make a thread here that is a bit more focused... The old thread discussing the Party Pad is over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...he-beginning&p=2673909&viewfull=1#post2673909 in case you want to read it...

JC, I understand your reason for closing the other thread - probably a good call. Maybe eventually we can open a new thread that just discusses the holiday items and doesn't get diluted like that one did.

Currently, Apartment 10 A is 'The Bar' - it's the place in the video above.

Down on Floor 0, I own Booth #3, and Block A's Shop 1 -- "Maria's Melee Market". If I start depositing more I plan on develping it more in to more of a mellee shop, but at the moment it's just a blueprint shop for the most part.

Last edited:
the Library

Apartment 15E in the Delta Tower is still the 'Lost Library.' That's where I display my blueprint books, Duchev Log collection, and if Mindark decides to make more Log Type of event items that my avatar get's her little hands on, this is where they'll be placed. The blueprint books on the floor are a part of a free rental library. I haven't rented the blueprints out to anyone for a few months though, so that might be on halt for a while til I get more free time to be in game.

Last edited:
Apartment's 8H and 8F are going to be the Holiday Party Pads. I might buy more of the 8th floor eventually. Just bought 8F tonight... I will put holiday based items down here for the most part, and occassionally other things that somehow look nice next to the holiday items. I'm not 100% liking the way 8H is decorated at the moment, so there will eventually be more redecorating done in the coming months.

Yes, tomtebloss is nice to add a little more light to the stuff like the snowman and jackolanterns... Adds a little more glow to them.

Last edited:
Duchev Logs

Duchev Logs in the apartment at the moment

Rearranged the bar a little by adding some signs that work like a little platform to dance or sing on. I was going to eventually repair the signs to use down in the shop, but this use for them actually might work better, at least for now.

Also moved the light from up in the Library down to the bar so you can see the bartender a little better. I'm still not all the way happy with the way it looks since the light sort of overpowers the glow from some of the bottles, but it works for now. The tomtebloss are not powerful enough lights for that area.

Moved statues down to 8th floor for now. Still not sure if I should make 8f in to a statue hall or keep the statues up in the bar. Need to buy some more bar stools... I probably own more tomtebloss than most, but thinking about buying even more since the lighting effects are just kick ass in estates.

I would move the bar down to 8th floor so that it can be next to the holiday room, but the glare from reflections bouncing off of the sea in 8f is just too overpowering to put the bar there since the bar needs real subtle lighting effects that only the A side of the building can give. At high noon it literally hurts my avatar's eyes to walk in to the f apartment since the sun bouncing off of the sea is so bright. I might put in some curtains to help with that, but not sure yet.

May just reserve 8f for more holiday items since I'm fairly sure over the decades I'll run out of room in 8h.

Also moved one of the christmas stars to the bar room but might move it out since the dark/light contrast in the bar video up in post one is kinda nice, even if it is hard to see the furniture... a light in a darkened room always seems brighter than a light in a lightened room - good ol Chevreul concept hard at work involving these little light sources.

Last edited:
Added several new types of cocktails to the bar today. Not sure I've got all the cocktail types in there yet (need to check Entropedia and auction), but if not we are getting pretty close to that. ;)

a few more pics

The Holiday Party Room in 8H

The bar up in 10A. Not sure I like the round display tables since the square ones are a little bigger if I put two together as I did previously, but I moved the square ones to the shop for now. May change back later?

The beginning of the Treasure Room... in 8F. (place I store various loots and deposits in pec/ped form so I don't accidentally spend it too quickly - a bad habbit I'm trying to break). Goal here is to create a room full of cash for my avatar to 'swim' in, sort of like Scrooge McDuck

Scroogeswim.jpg

Last edited:
Those Duchev logs look awfully familiar!
;)

Tippin'

pedpile5.23.2012.jpg
Ped pile grew a little tonight.

Still not big enough to swim in yet, but we're getting there... slowly but surely.

Pecs on inside, one peds around that... 10 ped stacks outside of that. Next up 100 ped circle.

Last edited:
got rid of the ped piles for now... working on moving the 'library' down to the 8th floor for now. I like the 'bar' still being up in 10th floor since that side of the building has more shade, so you can do more with interior design of the lights as natural lighting there on the A side of building is lower due to less bounce of light off of the beach like there is in the F side. High noon on the F side about blinds you when there is so much light bounce off of the water. That's why I was going to put the 'gold' room there but decided to remove it for variety of reasons. Bought a wicker furniture set today that is going in the library for now. Duchev logs are down there at the moment. Not sure if 10th floor will be a storage close like where the library is going used to be or not... Might try something different up there. Still thinking about maybe buying up a skull collection or something, but not sure on that just quite yet. May even try an art gallery or something.

Can't deposit for a while since my deposits are now going towards student loans since my better half is now going to school again for the next year or two. When/if I do deposit again sometime down the road, I likely might buy some more estates in this lovely building. Sure, it's not a mall, sure it's not the tp that everyone has when they first start out, but by golly, it's turned in to 'home'... I really like re-arranging the apartments. You can't do that in a mall (well, in theory deer mall isn't too far from some apartments, but deer mall's structure kinda sucks architecturally with the 'dead end' hallways there)

Looking good, nice ideas will have to have another look at my apt :)

little redecorating...

Did a little redecorating today. Now there are a couple of artistic representations and a painting on the walls of the shop. Also moved around some things in the apartment. The library now has three residents guarding the ancient tomes.

Added a skull out front...

Meanwhile down in the bar, another local fefoid has become a regular... he's got a heck of a drinking habbit so he sits next to the keg.

Last edited:
little redecorating

bought several little odds and ends... more tomtebloss, bid on a few this and thats from the liquidation, etc.

put a few artistic representations in the shop for now.

This is insane.

I love it!

added another skull to the Halloween room.

As mentioned in the Melee Market thread, did a little redecorating over the last week or two...

10A is still the bar.

15E is now home to my blueprint library and a stash to hold my various weapons, etc. when I'm not holding them myself.... sort of my 'real' apartment. i did away with the blueprint books for renting purposes since no one really ever went for that too much, and also because I got sick of trying to keep the books organized. (because of that, there's a large number of blueprints I've got for sale if anyone is interested0

8F is the Halloween Room. There is some non-halloween stuff in there, like a Christmas star that is used for lighting purposes, but most of it will be halloween stuff going foward.

8H is the Christmas room and Easter Room (although at the moment, the Christmas tree is down stairs in the shop's display area).

Insignia curtains now point the way from the display area to the booth to the shop... Also the relaxed woman statue now resides in the booth where she adds focus to that little insignia curtain she stands next to on her pedastal.

I also started a small collection of art in the shop. I hate to blow that many item points in shop and booth but what good is a shop if it doesn't have a good look to it that is memorable.

Last edited:
Cool will have to go check all the new decorations out. Seen the shop paintings last time I restocked my shop and they look nice in there.

added another couple of skulls to the collection in 8F last night. Added another insignia curtain to the 'arrows to the shop' down in the basement...

I've still got a few bids in on various items from the liquidation too so we'll see how that goes.

I'm still playing around with the lighting to try to figure out what works best for the apartments... i might eventually have to buy another Christmas tree or just bring the one in the display area back up since Christmas room seems bare without it. Halloween Room also needs something, but I'm not sure what yet... The stars as lights in there just don't seem to be doing the trick... Need something cool colored and about the same intensity as that though?... There's two niko lights lighting up the statue down at the booth... might have to bring one upstairs... but not sure about that yet since the relaxed woman really seems to like being lit by both of those and there's too much sharp chiarascuro without both of them... The tomtebloss is ok for the bar but it's not really doing the job in the holiday rooms since the light radius is so small. I really wish MA hadn't turn the brightness on jack o lanterns down several vus back.

Also noticed that that the owner listed on 1A apartment changed, so odds of getting that one back are not probably as likely as they used to be... oh well... got to look to the future instead of the past. Need more up on 8th floor, 10th floor, and 15th floor to expand.

3 more skulls added to the Halloween room. Another scythe and tomtebloss was added in there too. Trying to balance things out... right now too many things are close to the walls... but it's starting to get somewhere visually. I love the silhouettes that back-lighting from the windows/tomtebloss is starting to do in there...

added a carpet in there to break up the monotony in the middle of the room. Also used some corn trophies to break up the space a little. Will probably eventually replace the trophies with other skulls as I acquire more over the years. I'm not sure about the carpet and and if I like it yet... I used to have about 4 or 6 carpets like this up in the disco room a while back before I TTed a lot of it to buy a CLD, which subsequently got traded for the archon sword that mannequin now holds in this room. probably shouldn't have gotten rid of all of that stuff, but it seemed like a good idea at the time, lol.

I'm more focused on Halloween room now than on Christmas room since Halloween will be upon us before long...

Last edited:
Shop

I like the primary colors up next to the front entrance with the combination between the curtain, couch and painting.

Last edited:
Bar/(tomtebloss disco room)

yep... got a few more bids on even more tomtebloss for up in here in auction right now, lol

It's pretty cool that MA lets us play around with broken signs like this... some of these are below the 'condition limit' at the moment... They work fine in apartments, but not down in the shop... Nice that MA is generous in that way towards apartment owners.

Not going to remove the ME out in the hallway...because if I do I won't be able to put them back... I kind of regret moving the relaxed woman from the hallway leading to the Christmas room to put her downstairs at the booth the other day, but she deserved a better home down there...

I really wish MA would allow furniture in hallways again, but I guess they took that ability away because they were afraid that some neighbors might block hallways of one another with certain big furniture like L-quent... oh well... was a nice feature when it existed.

Last edited:
Library

Library...

The Library is a little bare other than the tron towers at the moment since I have a bunch of blueprints up here on the floor for safe storage so that my inventory and storage down at the auction room are not full... I might change this later. This room used to house the duchev logs, but those are now down in the Halloween room since the story/plot that those tell is sort of more along the lines of the theme in that room.

Redid the bar...

Redid the bar a little... Moved some of the signs so that the stairwell isn't there any more up to the dj platform... so there might have to be fewer karaoke nights, even though some regulars have sometimes still hopped up on stage with the dj from time to time.

Management has determined that the Feffoid who had become a regular at the bar is better at mixing drinks than our regular bartender, so he took over that job. The bartender now spends him time singing and reciting poetry when he's not running tunes from the platform.

New track lighting has been installed! (don't tell the librarian though - lights went out temporarily up there in the stacks for the next few days.)

Also, even though Mindark has taken away the ability to put things in hallways, the lighting crew explained some new technology that allows us to overcome this little problem by running electricity through the walls... what a concept.

More redecorating going on in the Delta Tower! :)

Christmas Tree moved back up to the Holiday Room on Floor 8. Please let me know if you like the Christmas tree stand since I'm not sure if it adds or detracts from it even though it gives the tree a little more height.

Gigantium Signs that were behind the tree downstairs have been moved back up to Tomte Bar on Floor 10. They work nicely as window shades up there. I kinda regret repairing them to let them work downstairs, but I'll probably buy another one later on so the unrepaired ones can go upstairs and the repaired ones can go downstairs.

Massive changes in the Tomte Bar... Basically almost every single tomtebloss on all floors other than a few in hallways have been moved in here. The lighting spectacle is amazing. However, I'm still trying to work on balancing things out in a harmonious way so that no one area looks too cluttered with too many tomtebloss. I'm also trying to break it up so that the different colors are spaces out right. It's a lot closer to where I want it to be than it used to be but is not quite 'just right' quite yet. I may have to remove the dance floor lighting to give the tomte more ability to light up the area in their own unique way. It's definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in the area.

I've got bids in on a few more tomtebloss. If you have more tomtebloss you want to donate to this project, give me a shout out sometime.

Sadly, the removal of tomtebloss from the Halloween room makes it a little dark in there. However, there's at least one support ticket in asking for the Jack O lanterns to be fixed since they lost their glow up close. Hope they fix that soon since Jack O lanterns are the main lighting source in the Halloween room as things are right now. If they actually do fix it I might have to remove some of the jack'o'lanterns since it might be too bright, lol.

--------
@ MA - well... uh... lets just say some things are still glitchy as hell, but this is the new normal I think, so thanks for the undocumented features. We'll learn to adapt to whatever works today that won't tomorrow as we have up til now because I'm sure more changes will happen in the next vu or maybe even before then.

Wish that all estates were treated equally, so all estate owners could enjoy every great feature but you have your favorites... just like you have your favorite avatars and no-so-favaorite ones in game ...always have. always will. I used to care, but any more, I don't give a damn. Congratulations on teaching us to adapt or die.

Last edited:

It's kinda cluttered looking a little, but the light show is kinda nice. Getting the spacing right is kinda tricky, but it's coming along.

also recently moved some things around in the Halloween room. Don't be scared if you see some head spinning around from time to time.

I probably need to focus on making the Christmas room better than it is now, but might have to wait and see what MA does this Xmas.

Last edited:

I'll probably slowly replace each of the trophies in that room with other skulls as I add to the collection throughout the years.

Might throw some parties up here from time to time in the future. ;)

Last edited:
Torch added to Halloween room. It adds a nice glow to the middle of the room. Wish it stood upright, but where it's located it's unobtrusive to the visual harmony in the room. The room is a little cluttered since some walkway paths are a little blocked but it's not too bad.

added a little novelty to the tomte bar with some instructions. Heed them carefully if you visit the santa statue on floor 10!

A couple of tomtebloss added to Library so it's not super dark now. Probably will re-add more later.

Back