Marked Situation for Miners

I won't side in this. I don't like to take sides, anyway. But here's what I think :

MINERS
Selling to resellers...

Advantages :
- You'll sell your stuff quickly and therefore save time for mining.
- You might get a permanent buyer for your ore.

Drawbacks :
- You'll lose cash :dunce:

If you don't want to sell your stuff to resellers and don't want to sell it for ages, just craft it if you have loads of stuff and have a cheap, high-QR'd BP within reach. Miners are good crafters. And yes, crafters are good miners as well. Computers, Engineering and Intelligence.

CRAFTERS
Buying from resellers...

Advantages :
- You'll get your stuff quickly.

Drawbacks :
- You'll lose money because you bought from a reseller.
- You'll lose money because of the crafting costs.
- You'll lose more money :laugh:

Once again, if you don't feel like buying from resellers, you can mine the stuff yourself. You probably won't lose more if you have a few spots. And you will gain skills.

BEING
a nice (re)seller...

- Give your customers as much advice as you can. Show them you know about the game. A happy customer is a permanent customer. Even if the markup is high, the customer will probably appreciate this extra (and free) advice. Although I'm not a reseller myself, my price tags are often high and I end up advising people NOT to craft, so they don't buy my stuff, but at least they are happy and trustful :laugh:

- Keep your customers in your FL provided you have a few slots available for them. Not only they might come and get something else from you because they trust in you, but you can ask them if they were happy and show them you are not a scammer. Make sure you don't have too many customers in there... You might end up with a FL full of customers and no friends left :laugh:

- The "ty, hf, gl" routine helps. Remember politeness, kindness and friendship are part of the game ! (EDIT : :rofl: I feel like a hippy spreading peace and love in the early 60's)

Something else about reselling. Reselling high and buying low will kill the economy on the long run. Economy basics.

What was the topic already ?
I feel like I have said too much, and nothing helpful about it...

my opinion: resellers have a purpose.

here is an example. i looted a GSI and wanted to sell it fast. PMed a friend that is a reseller (he may prefer the term professional trader). he would give me XXX for it cuz that was the highest he could find someone wanting it for. sure, he probably was going to make a bit himself though.

i decided to go sell it myself cuz i didn't like that price. went to the markets, yadda yadda yadda, waisted the rest of my night.

so instead of me getting in the other 8 axes on my skill hunt run (got the GSI on the 2nd axe), i spent the rest of my night trying to find a buyer.

i eventually did sell it the next night.

was it worth it for me to do it myself? in this case i believe it was.

but, would i have gotten another GSI if i'd stayed out and hunted more that night? i'll never know.....

Sometimes it's just easier to hate resellers because they don't sell stuff cheap enough as you would want. They have advantages and drawbacks, but some ppl only like to see the parts they don't like ;)

Silo , that happened to you with a GSC with is a very easy thing to sell , imagine with other stuff.

Currently I have in my inventory a couple of weapons that are damn hard to sell. They are not mine , I'm selling them for friends, and I have been with them for quite a long time (weeks) and haven't even had any offers. I'm not even overpricing those weapons, just trying to sell them for what my friends asked for them. When(if) I sell those weapons they just sold an item they didn't wanted and would otherwise tt and made some money with it (even if I don't make a single pec) when they didn't even had to waste one second about it. On the other hand I'm trying to sell them for weeks and still no luck :p

Ppl claim that without resellers stuff would be a lot cheaper... I think that without resellers a LOT of stuff would go straight to tt ;)

i hear ya. and with some of the pistols (i have several i don't want), the average auction markup is like 1 ped, so there is no use putting them in the auction.

The good old reseller debate ;) As with everything there is always the good or the bad.

At the end of the day I am a reseller, I run three or four shops in PE, which is part of my big dream to build a retail business.

So what should a respectable reseller do?

A reseller should be somebody who can maintain liquidity in the market. This ultimately means ramping up small margins. At the end of the day very few people are willing to buy 20k peds of ore in one go, or to pay 30,000peds for an inventory buyout. Its in these situations that a reseller has a purpose.

I also have lots of suppliers who are willing to supply me because otherwise they would TT it as they don't want to spend time finding buyers. So I act as a buffer, buying up stuff to release into the markets.

For raw materials like ore, I try and work within what I call the 15% rule, which basically states that I can't sell anything for more then 15% of what I bought it for. So for example paints I buy at 105% and usually sell them for 110%.

Price gouging helps no one. Someones short term gains becomes somebody's reason to quit PE. So for example 90% of the ore I'm selling on my Hades C shop is going for about 120%, some of it I make a loss on but I see these loses being averaged out by the long term advantages that can be had from loyal customers and suppliers.

In turn this respect helps to build up business in some of the other aspects of the SMA business, like selling other peoples stuff on the shops for a small comission fee, which has proven useful for crafters trying to sell slow selling items.

I don't think anyone would argue that Aziphirael isn't a respected member of the Entropia Community ;)

Sounds like a good business plan to me. Overall, the best assets a reseller has are honesty and integrity. Don't rip people off, but make a steady, small profit for yourself. Basic business: steady, small profit multiplied by a large customer base = large profit.

The rip-off resellers quickly knock themselves out of the market. Unfortunately, there are always new ones ready to take their place :(

Back