Market manipulation, how ?

Sulje

Prowler
Society
The Prodigy
Sulje
Just wondering how whoever bought all pyrite from game last couple of weeks knew that pyrite will be moved & scattered? MA you have to check market manipulation ASAP regarding this, and fire whoever leaked info.

Thank you

whoever bought it also knew (like everyone else) that MM was comming and the sheeps need enhancers :D Is it moved from pvp now? :eek:

whoever bought it also knew (like everyone else) that MM was comming and the sheeps need enhancers :D Is it moved from pvp now? :eek:
That's not realistic, please look at the history. Also check price of enhancers, you think it pays off to sell them at 250% if you buy pyrite at 190% ? Someone is hoarding huge amounts of pyrite.

Or some just learn how MA work and adapt. Might be, might not. We'll never know

Has it been hoarding though? The sales volume seemed to go down in line with the price rise, indicating that the supply has been disrupted.
Sulje maybe you are too efficient at exposing the mining PvP exploiters and they all banned. 😛

So last Christmas i had with enhancer crafted like 100k tt pyrite and it didn't affect the price, imo what changed was the higher demand of enhs. So many are hunting non stop vs last year :D

Im not sure if its manipulation if you buy all there is mined :D

Has it been hoarding though? The sales volume seemed to go down in line with the price rise, indicating that the supply has been disrupted.
Sulje maybe you are too efficient at exposing the mining PvP exploiters and they all banned. 😛
Last few days like 10+ new exploiters spotted in various pvp zones, so that's not what happened :D

Maybe the system throttled back the resource in some way and it lead to someone buying it out and others holding on to what they have until after the VU. I know some resources in fields cycle through being very prevalent to hardly any at all especially when its something that is on the rare scale. There is always going to be speculation and with Merry Mayhem on the horizon people are definitely collecting resources to craft items for that event.

I could've told you that MA was going to mess up spawns.
it;s the easiest thing for them to do to make TI attractive.

gratz to the person who had the foresight and ped to buy the pyrite.
smart move.

demand is not the same thing with manipulation at least not in my book.
Demand would up the enhancers prices, i don't see that happening, I might not be the expert, but it's weird, maybe someone can give a decent explanation.

Demand is high, now that you get the TT of the Enhancers back i suppose more people are using Enhancers on a Daily Basis.

I think MA wants the price of enhancers to go up, while at the same time not allowing a few miners target high mu mats and withdraw on a regular basis.

I think MA wants the price of enhancers to go up, while at the same time not allowing a few miners target high mu mats and withdraw on a regular basis.
Interesting opinion, I would have thought they wanted the cost to use low, the more enhancers used the more people cycle.

Why they want enh. prices to go up? It is the opposite since MA generates more revenue if ppl are using enhancers. they get 0 revenue off from MU

1. assumption - "whoever bought all pyrite from game" is an entity with a shared goal
  2. assumption - "knew that pyrite will be moved & scattered" (first question to ask should be "if knew" not "how knew")
  3. assumption - "whoever leaked info"
perhaps there should be another in-game profession, detective, as the work clearly could use some improvements
I would have at least expected some graphs from auction history...

Just wondering how whoever bought all pyrite from game last couple of weeks knew that pyrite will be moved & scattered? MA you have to check market manipulation ASAP regarding this, and fire whoever leaked info.

Thank you

There are 3 people buying out all enhancers from the auction/competition shops right now, the reason they do it is to keep the price of enhancers high, so 3 very suspicious avatars that are fresh for a small market manipulation investigation.

I'll not disclose details here, but big support case with proofs are coming.

Enhancers are jumping to 400%+ & Pyrite I predict to 300% by end of the week.

EDIT:

If you try to undercut enhancers on auction, same 2 people will buy out everything you post, but those 2 people never sell or use enhancers (2-10k only on tracker). Where are those enhancers going ?

guess everyone stopping using enhancers when price is over 300% or some set limit would do the job, but greed feeds greed...

Well i call them Enhancer mafia :)

They try to lie, just don't say nothing man thats why i was trying to expose them. They told me both "our cost is higher then enhancers in auction". Ya in a short run but when u get multi u sell me enhs for tt ? No u wont. Avg cost is lower then auc just fuck off with your bs that will say to a new player that is around for 2 weeks.

Noticed the same thing personally. Heard the same thing from other people.

Really thought they'd be more on the ball with things that directly lose them money/affect playerbase cycle speed. Guess I am too new to EU to know better but I thought that after the Halloween changes it was logical that we'd see an uncommon Stoneskin Daikiba or something in the instance that dropped pyrite stones.

Can't really say their priority is natural resource management and market integrity when they come out with things like the omegaton export initiative, drop things other than shrapnel during events (thanks for all these output amplifiers, you're halfway there 🤪), or otherwise create/crash markup opportunities with random events.

Problem seemed pretty obvious. Seems like they saw the supply issue coming. Increased pyrite availability to match increased demand... just didn't account for the human element.

P.S.

o. You may not interfere in any way with the virtual economy of Entropia Universe and/or with other Participants’ ability to use or enjoy the auction system or any other trading system in Entropia Universe. The foregoing includes, without limitations, the prohibition of manipulation or cause to manipulate statistical data, directly or indirectly. This prohibitions includes, without limitation, prohibition of price manipulation and/or price fixing regarding virtual items on the auction system.

Enforce your ToU.

Noticed the same thing personally. Heard the same thing from other people.

Really thought they'd be more on the ball with things that directly lose them money/affect playerbase cycle speed. Guess I am too new to EU to know better but I thought that after the Halloween changes it was logical that we'd see an uncommon Stoneskin Daikiba or something in the instance that dropped pyrite stones.

Can't really say their priority is natural resource management and market integrity when they come out with things like the omegaton export initiative, drop things other than shrapnel during events (thanks for all these output amplifiers, you're halfway there 🤪), or otherwise create/crash markup opportunities with random events.

Problem seemed pretty obvious. Seems like they saw the supply issue coming. Increased pyrite availability to match increased demand... just didn't account for the human element.

P.S.

Enforce your ToU.
That rule is heavily ignored for years.

Who are they? Post their names on Entropia Planets Forum
Sorry i don't participate in conspiracy theories, you can put some under-mu enhancers at auction and find out yourself.

It's almost like none of you know anything about economics... and why anyone would want to buy a lot of pyrite/enhancers for a 4.5 week event - specifically THIS year... on TOP of mindark screwing with the spawns and how little any of you do advanced planning.

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's almost like none of you know anything about economics... and why anyone would want to buy a lot of pyrite/enhancers for a 4.5 week event - specifically THIS year... on TOP of mindark screwing with the spawns and how little any of you do advanced planning.
That's really not what it is, honestly (speaking as someone who bought a few thousand ped TT of pyrite after seeing Halloween, just to make it through Christmas), I am personally not affected here, short-term at least.

There is, with 100% certainty, a few people buying enhancers with no intent of using them, and buying them in a quantity that is greater than the incoming pyrite supply. Sitting on them for a few hours or a day, buying the pyrite, then selling the enhancers a few hours or a day later, at increasingly higher margins. Equilibrium is literally impossible.

These people have come together with intent to raise prices, and match each others prices... a literal definition of price fixing.

If this is okay, fine, but I guess update the terms of use at least :ROFLMAO:

Back