Market manipulation, how ?

No prejudice against what’s been discussed here so far, but a major factor that seems to be glossed over by most is just what this mayhem itself is affecting in the economy. It’s more accessible than the old system AND it’s running much longer than normal. Residue prices have gone up somewhat, but there just isn’t the supply to keep up with all the weapon demand. The same thing is obviously going to be driving demand in enhancers too. How that partitions with bottlenecks on pyrite I couldn’t say, but I’d be willing to bet on mayhem being the primary driving force in its shock to the system. That’s not to say there couldn’t be other major effects following up close behind though.

It's almost like none of you know anything about economics... and why anyone would want to buy a lot of pyrite/enhancers for a 4.5 week event - specifically THIS year... on TOP of mindark screwing with the spawns and how little any of you do advanced planning.

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

The TT didnt change since hallo. Ya its insane demand i have to agree with that but they been trying to push the price in last 2 years and they finally succeded.

Who is hoarding that pyrite? At this point it is hard enough to find materials to craft enhancers.
And with how the price of enhancers is rising I dont think many will continue to use them.

Miners - lets get some HOFs :)

Last edited:
Who is hoarding that pyrite? At this point it is hard enough to find materials to craft enhancers.
And with how the price of enhancers is rising I dont think many will continue to use them.

Miners - lets get some HOFs :)
Yep. I bulked up on enhancers before the madness. Once I run out I won’t buy anymore till it goes back down to 220%.
It’s just as easy to lower the cat and not run any. Accus are a good alternative, they last forever.

I missed out buying them before and im a cheap mofo so ive been doin 140k points till now without enhancers, its a pain tho but yeah 300% is too much for me.

Its kinda sad that just a few people, [Moderated: removed reply to deleted] can manipulate the market in such a way. I really do feel MA could do something here, didnt they have something in their ToS about that? Its a shame and kinda embarassing for them even that they let their economy be manipulated like that, and its costing them money too I bet?

Thats all under the assumtion that whats being said here is true, its hard for me to judge since i dont craft, mine or do pvp. All i can see is the enhancer price, and thats too high. MA takes so much from me already! xD

Edit: thank you, @moderator! :)

Last edited:
If pkers agreed between each other to give miners a break during mayhem then there would be more pyrite on the market.

Back