Market manipulation with welding wire this week?

Dibbler

Guardian
Just looked at weeks sales graph for welding wire, amounts seemingly going back and forth for almost same tt at different times at 300% or so mark up. Is sooo obvious :D .

Of course could be our resident Banksy, recreating the Alps on sales graphs lol.

Actually has been going on for a month at least, back and forth each time :D .

Last edited:
Just looked at weeks sales graph for welding wire, amounts seemingly going back and forth for almost same tt at different times at 300% or so mark up. Is sooo obvious :D .

Of course could be our resident Banksy, recreating the Alps on sales graphs lol.

Actually has been going on for a month at least, back and forth each time :D .
It's a pain to make after https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...tropia-universe-17-14-0-release-notes.286931/

• Welding Wire Blueprint (L) has had its recipe updated to include a resource from all the planets that have been added since its creation. The blueprint produces more welding wire per attempt proportional to the increase in resources used
Also, sales volume of WW is quite low (like 6K PED / month). Small stacks are sold next to large stacks which means the price can fluctuate a lot if you are not interpreting it correct.

Some speculation is probably going on after they changed the recipe. Not sure if that's what you call "market manipulation"?
I bought about 300 PED when I saw the news...

Dunno if u see but the cost of making it changed as it requires much more materials :)

To 300% lol? They were at 250% over month before before the update change, post update they went up 50% to 300% ish :laugh:

Same amount minus oddly enough ww for auction fee on return leg :laugh:.

I still believe is our own artist recreating world mountain ranges, he should NFT that shizzle. :)

Seems the unhappy response in opening post may have revealed someone lol, must be Banksy :laugh:

Last edited:
To 300% lol? They were at 250% over month before :laugh:
I think you are interpreting the data wrong. There might be a shortage in AH from time to time and then you only see the "opportunistic" offers.
These stacks might be sold to lazy/desperate players. If you go to a shop you will find more stable prices.

I would expect the average price of WW to go up after the recent recipe changes though. Not sure to what though but probably not 300% :)

I think you are interpreting the data wrong. There might be a shortage in AH from time to time and then you only see the "opportunistic" offers.
These stacks might be sold to lazy/desperate players. If you go to a shop you will find more stable prices.

I would expect the average price of WW to go up after the recent recipe changes though. Not sure to what though but probably not 300% :)

Ah so why sell back same amount - auction fee? :laugh:

We all know happens on many things, just the clumsiness amused me somewhat :) .

no no definelty market manipulation.. imagine squeesing market where monlty volume bearly reaches 600$ ... i mean.. with those gains some one could retire in just 2weeks like.....

Imagine reading patch notes.

It's been happening before update at 250% lol, 300% since .

Of couse on sales isn't a lot, but how obvious it is made me chuckle, especially the return sale each time minus auction fee amount lol.

Won't affect me to much, my 15 ped tt of wire will rep my quad for at least 3 years :) .

Last edited:
Back