FYI: Mayhem Events Update

My|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
We hope everyone is enjoying the Mini Mayhem event currently running on Crystal Palace.

Based on all the feedback we have received regarding that event, and Mayhem events in general, I thought it would be a good idea to give some insight into our plans moving forward.

The current Mini Mayhem event on Crystal Palace was created as a test-run for short duration, straightforward, impromptu events. We plan to continue tweaking the format of these events, and hosting them in various locations around the universe, including planets outside of Calypso.

We have also been refining the yearly schedule of major events, and have decided to remove Summer Mayhem from the rotation, given its proximity to other very popular seasonal events such as the yearly Mulmun Uprising and Eomon Migration.

Thus, the current plan is to hold three major Mayhem events each year - Easter Mayhem, Halloween Mayhem, and Merry Mayhem, along with multiple Mini Mayhem events between those major events.

Hopefully this announcement has cleared up any confusion about the nature and purpose of the current Mini Mayhem event, and the plans for future Mayhem-themed events.

Edit:
Since Summer Mayhem has been discontinued, Summer Strongboxes have also been phased out. Mulmun Mayhem creatures will be made available in the upcoming Mulmun Uprising, in order for colonists to progress the related Codex missions.

My Antonsson, Community Relations Manager

Last edited:
Thank you! This is overall great news, I’m sure this test will have thrown up a few constructive criticisms for the team, but a massive step in the right direction.

Helly My,
Thank you for this post, its very good to be informed on whats going on and coming in future, eliminates also rumors etc...

Mini Mayhems are ok tho too...but doing them on other planets...no idea on what to think about that....are those then in instances and accessible from the global event list...

deleting the summer mayhem completey is a very very sad thing to hear....when its good timed it wouldnt interfere woth migration....or lower the duration of summer mayhems ? ( a mini summer mayhem maybe ??)

Eddie

Great news and a step in the right direction indeed.

I'm guessing migration mobs will continue to drop summer boxes like they did last year or will that be changed to a new box/ring?
As a follow-up question, will we see a new summer ring 2022?

always nice to have more information. thank you, My!

what will MA do with the summer mayhem creatures codex - will we retain it at whatever stage we are currently on, will migration/uprising mulmun now be differentiated as summer mulmun, SMC codex removed entirely, etc?

Thanks for the information, My. I really am disappointed to see Summer Mayhem go, although I'm not much of a fan of the new mayhem format in the first place. I miss the old competitive nature of Defense / Survival / Assault modes vs. the new "grindy" style that anyone can finish with enough time and determination.

I hope that when doing these mini events MindArk can please re-adjust spawns. For example, Dome 3 is really kind of pointless right now. Many players would love to have a dedicated big kreltin spawn, which is what Dome 3 was formerly. Now it is just a mish-mosh of medium stuff. Please take that into consideration for this and future events to ensure mob spawn and maturities are appropriate!

Thanks for the information, My. I really am disappointed to see Summer Mayhem go, although I'm not much of a fan of the new mayhem format in the first place. I miss the old competitive nature of Defense / Survival / Assault modes vs. the new "grindy" style that anyone can finish with enough time and determination.

I hope that when doing these mini events MindArk can please re-adjust spawns. For example, Dome 3 is really kind of pointless right now. Many players would love to have a dedicated big kreltin spawn, which is what Dome 3 was formerly. Now it is just a mish-mosh of medium stuff. Please take that into consideration for this and future events to ensure mob spawn and maturities are appropriate!
they changed that, its big kreltins now.

Sad to see summer mayhem go, as of now, this mini-mayhem is kinda boring. at least to me

Thanks for the heads up :)

@My|MindArk

Have you also read the feedback on the many migration spawn issues? Every summer we have the same problems.

There's simply not enough spawns (and/or not dense enough) of the most popular mobs (longtooth in general, and small-mid eomon). Maybe migration spawns on New Treasure Island this year could be a possibility?

Thanks for the mini mayhem, I like it !

This announcement should of been made a few months prior. A lot of people including myself had geared up with the expectation that Summer Mayhem would be taking place. Securing bankroll, rental deposits, specialty armor plates and consumables are things that get worked out well ahead of time for people like myself that like to plan well and take advantage of early bird pricing. Luckily my plates will find a use at migration, and I never rented anything, but I bet a lot of other people will be quite sore.

Please keep this in mind for future upheavals of the status quo.

they changed that, its big kreltins now.

Sad to see summer mayhem go, as of now, this mini-mayhem is kinda boring. at least to me
Ah okay. I guess that changed overnight. Good!

We hope everyone is enjoying the Mini Mayhem event currently running on Crystal Palace.

Based on all the feedback we have received regarding that event...

Based on all the feedback you have received regarding that event, you should know we are not enjoying it.

The current Mini Mayhem event on Crystal Palace was created as a test-run for short duration, straightforward, impromptu events. We plan to continue tweaking the format of these events, and hosting them in various locations around the universe, including planets outside of Calypso.

As long as they are out of taxed areas, its not that bad.
But until the box drop, daily mission, track mission, spawn rate not solved, its just a step backward.

I think the mini-mayhem format can be really good. What I like is that we have a few mayhem outside of private instances where you actually see other people. I think that's pretty cool in an MMO :)
Some feedback though:
  • Never announce important news in random forum posts. I mean like this post from Ludvig: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-be-a-summer-mayhem-2022.287868/#post-3821699
  • Announce events well in advance, not two days before they start. Ideally the schedule for the next years mayhems (including minis) should be presented just after the end of Merry Mayhem. Players needs time to prepare, invest, mine, craft etc. This game is pretty complicated to play successfully.
  • Avoid mini-mayhems on taxed land. Or reduce the tax temporarily (maybe between 1-2% would be acceptable for many). I don't say this to "scam" deed owners. A more successful event will attract more players and more grinding which should give a similar or even larger deed payout.
  • Introduce a yearly mission for mini-mayhem (like "Mini Mayhem 2023"). This should be similar to the bronze/silver/gold/redulite mission chain. The size could be the same as Merry Mayhem maybe?
  • Introduce a "daily" mission running during mini-mayhem to give tokens (should work exactly like the current mayhems).
  • Make sure there are mobs for everyone. The smallest Aurli and Kreltins are still too big for many players. Maybe the same goes for the other side of the spectrum, not sure.
Not sure if we need boxes, guess it would be nice though.

I would personally like if the mini-mayhems stayed non-instanced. Not because it's better but because it's something different from the rest of the mayhems.
It also encourage more active game play instead of semi-automatic shooting in a boring mayhem instance.

I think we have many places in the Universe where we can run great mini mayhems, even more so if we include taxed areas (where the tax is temporarily reduced).

@My|MindArk Halloween, Christmas and Easter mayhems will be only on Calypso or there is chance to be moved on other planets also?

@My|MindArk Halloween, Christmas and Easter mayhems will be only on Calypso or there is chance to be moved on other planets also?

you can access those mayhems already through the global event list from ANY other planet (besides christmas ffa)
and ye screw all cld owners...i am sure..you have had a long thought about that one

Would make more sense to eliminate Halloween just because from christmas to Haloween is a long time (+9 Months) and from Halloween to Christmas is a very short time (-2 Months).

Besides, if this Mini events in the future are still taxed with no boxes and no missions then you can't even call it a Mini Mayhem, and it would not matter how many Mini events you would do between Merry and Halloween.

Deleting Summer Mayhem would be a big mistake in my opinion unless you actually adapt this Mini Events like the real Mayhems currently are.

Thanks for sharing the roadmap at least with the comunity.

Im quite sure the events of Calypso are designed as a call back to the offworld players to bring everyone there.
So that's probably a no.
you can access those mayhems already through the global event list from ANY other planet (besides christmas ffa)
and ye screw all cld owners...i am sure..you have had a long thought about that one
Thank you both for answer, but my questions was towards MA official and I would like to get answer from her.
I do know that you can join from any planet to mayhem but my questions goes towards taxes and of course as Edward mentioned CLD's

Best,

Wow so many questions people have had and none answered.

-What happens to Summer Rings? Or is every Box going to be worth 1 ped moving forward?
-What happens to the Summer Creature Codex? Screw the people who started in the last 2 years?
-Feedback seems to be overwhelmingly negative. What changes will you make for future Mini-Mayhems?
-Are Rings just going to stop dropping and the less wanted items from the Mayhem Shop will drop from boxes instead?
-Why are you eliminating Summer Mayhem When Halloween and Christmas are such a short amount of time apart? Could just move Mulmun and another mob that doesn't get enough love into that time period and do Summer instead.
-WHY ARE YOU COMMUNICATING SO LATE? YOU GUYS KNOW YOU HAVE PLAYERS WHO PLAN MONTHS IN ADVANCED. THIS IS A REAL CASH ECONOMY RIGHT?
- Are boxes going to drop during Mini-Mayhems moving forward?
-Will there be quests just like the other mayhems?

Thank you for coming to my reverse TED Talk

Mini mayhem system is perfect. Only thing I would complain about is that current tax is too low. I propose to up the tax to at least 14.99%, and I promise and bet in my life that there will be enough people hunting to make it profitable. Also make sure that mayhem events doesn't drop boxes as well, those are useless, especially when hunting at high taxed ares.

@My|MindArk

Have you also read the feedback on the many migration spawn issues? Every summer we have the same problems.

There's simply not enough spawns (and/or not dense enough) of the most popular mobs (longtooth in general, and small-mid eomon). Maybe migration spawns on New Treasure Island this year could be a possibility?

Thanks for the mini mayhem, I like it !
indeed searching the mobs each day on different path is so awfull.

Please listen to playerbase
they know how to be happy shot mre, spend more, loose more TT, pay MA costs.....
fancy "taxed area events" are simply disappointing
it is just a overload of 4.5% cost
this event is even poorer than "marcimex" invasion

Please listen to playerbase
they know how to be happy shot mre, spend more, loose more TT, pay MA costs.....
fancy "taxed area events" are simply disappointing
it is just a overload of 4.5% cost
this event is even poorer than "marcimex" invasion
Top tier players said the event is good. So the event is good and they should keep doing them in future. I suggested them to up the tax, as it will yield more profit, and same amount of players will grind it still.

CP taxes baddddd. NTI untaxed goooooddd! lol C'mon guys...

The CP events was promised 3 years ago even before the shares come out, why no one complained back then? It's only 3 days event too anyway.

I always loved CP, tried it last night and in fact it surprised me, the spawns were up and on D1 i was shooting 99% of the time, funny little event i would say with unique Alien loot and not only boring shrapnel....

Idea of mini's is not bad at all, but if you hold it on other planets please make possibility to simply TP to it (for a BIG FEE ofc) from other planets instead of flying through space. I don't participate in current just because of that. Or make it accessible through global event list from the planet you are on.

Summer mayhem was my favorite event. The assualt was removed from christmas in 2019 and now no assault from summer mayhem. I never participate in any of the non mayhem events because its just normal hunting but for a limited time mob. And this has nothing to do with any of my services, this is my viewpoint as a hunter.
Not having summer mayhem hurts my services, but the potential for more mini-mayhem might offset it so im neutral from that standpoint.

So basically, cancel summer mayhem without saying anything, learn from the forums that the playerbase actually reads the financial reports, read on the forum that you promised events on CP, mix the two together and make an event on CP and make sure that "Mayhem" is in the name to satisfy statements in the financial report.

I am happy that MA is now trying a bit harder to fulfill their words than in the past, this really could have been so much better though :)

Back