FYI: Mayhem Events Update

It seems a shame that the most interactive mayhem event type will be lost, it was really well thought out and really good fun. I am sure someone spent some time making it. (with the diving under the palm trees to hide in the shade to decrease the over heat debuff, and the boss in the middle with his minion buff elites etc). It took some real game play and was really enjoyable. It seemed akin to the work that was being done in RDI, never just mindlessly pressing F. The other mayhems are extremely boring in comparison. Can you tell us if all this fun stuff will be implemented else where? or the other mayhems at least get a bit more interesting? I would have preferred Easter was gone and summer remain tbf.

Reading all these replies I must be doing something wrong....because I am having a good time doing Kreltin codex which I would never do in any other circumstances.

Yea it sucks losing summer mayhem. Assault was fun, but it wasn't the only event like that. Winter assault was very similar in mechanics and we lost that too which was lame. Maybe we could work on some mini mayhem events that are that style? No annihilation, just a 'arcade' type instance like MM Assault/batsim/summer assault. Easter and Halloween have theirs, it makes sense to not have it in MM due to the amount of other avenues for tokens (FFA/Anni)

I saw a mention to remove halloween vs summer, but iirc summer was the late comer to the mayhem scene and makes sense to be the first to be cut - esp with migration being a main box source as well. Halloween also has unique items with the cloaks which have always dropped then. Summer had no drops like that, or the gleamer which comes with easter boss.

Better messaging about this moving forward, not always on taxed land is for the best - but I do like the idea of incentivizing things people otherwise wouldn't hunt.

Also, reminder. CP Deed revenue states 5% would be attributed to event prizes. Is this considered by what MA pays for the material orders on AH? Does that really use it all? What occurs with excess or is this unplanned? I think if there were an additional HSL or other type event running with it, with that noted as a prize, probably would be more interest in the taxed portion since people already do those for less than acceptable mu mobs on taxed lands.

Reading all these replies I must be doing something wrong....because I am having a good time doing Kreltin codex which I would never do in any other circumstances.

Agreed. Personally, aside from the tax, if you view this event as an addition to the usual Mayhems rather than a substitute, I would say it's been a good time.

I never saw any problem with Summer Mayhem proximity to other events, and never saw anyone else complaining about it. Must be on your end.
Exactly this. The whole community is upset it’s gone.

Well pepole seem to be liking the post, so I guess they are satisfied with this removal.

I sure am not, since now I will never be able to get codex on Summer Creatures :(

It seems a shame that the most interactive mayhem event type will be lost, it was really well thought out and really good fun. I am sure someone spent some time making it. (with the diving under the palm trees to hide in the shade to decrease the over heat debuff, and the boss in the middle with his minion buff elites etc). It took some real game play and was really enjoyable. It seemed akin to the work that was being done in RDI, never just mindlessly pressing F. The other mayhems are extremely boring in comparison. Can you tell us if all this fun stuff will be implemented else where? or the other mayhems at least get a bit more interesting? I would have preferred Easter was gone and summer remain tbf.
In my eyes Assault was the only Mayhem event that truly required SKILL and could not be brute forced with uber gear. Granted Better gear makes for better runs. But it still has a higher skill check than any of the other events.

humm,

the idea in its core is not bad as i see it, and after i chewed some info and also some reviews i came up with few conclusions :
- a miniMayhem (mM) can challenge the player base to chose from different interests that occurs at the same time with the mM,
- if the PP is involved in this scenario the PP can set some order for loot to compensate tax ( if is the case ) as MA did on CP, not sure tho if the ratio covers all 4.5% tax or partial ( fertilizer charge, despite the fact a 4 days duration is not a biggie for that matter )
- the CP is a good example on how some low lvl players cannot do much, or less than usual
- loot composition has to be somehow mayhem related ( boxes, tokens, mayhem weapons & armors, maybe new things like some pills )
- the iron missions ( redulite as it's called lately ) that we saw for the MM needs to be adjusted for these mM, and i think is important to be kept even if are small, are some incentives to the players who finished them; small achievements and rewards
- a mM can be set to have a diff reward, not only those Mtokens, can be idk a final piece of a possible larger gift ( the last defense reward made me wish that the bunny ears and the spikes to be part of a complete Warlock skin.... maybe a buff after is completed... something like this )
- MM set to have the tokens and the usual and the mM to be different here and there, dynamic and complex
- if the speed of respawn is doubled as it is not on CP ( based on my gear ) would be awesome, i used a T3 nano + M trauma4 no extra reload from pills and i was a challenge where i sit, and i could see how often i ended up looking for mobs, and this was me alone, not to mention if were 4 nano on the spot and 1bp130, 1 bc120 and 2 LP100... that would have been the end of it for a dome3-4
- cyrene respawn is the only one who can challenge any other model that exists in EU, one kill = one instant respawn

anyway, time will tell

:banana:

We have also been refining the yearly schedule of major events, and have decided to remove Summer Mayhem from the rotation, given its proximity to other very popular seasonal events such as the yearly Mulmun Uprising and Eomon Migration.
People would have been a lot happier with less marcimex unrest but with summer mayhem on the table.

But it's done so looking forward, if there's one thing that can be done to greatly improve player's experience with such mini mayhems is a better designed spawn and respawn system. The most frustrating thing in this game during open world events is having to wait for respawn, not having enough room for a wide enough area to spawn to also not have a very dense spawn.
A few seconds of waiting between spawns might not seem much but it's probably the number one cause of why people close the game during an event.

If you design a better spawn system almost all hunting gounds can be part of a mayhem, if they are wide enough and if they don't have those sticky trees in which you get stuck ...

Very good idea to have an order for the materials in use in order to keep the current MU & very bad idea to have event in a such a high tax area.

People would also appreciate a bigger heads up, delivering on time and ideally without bugs :)

Hello My and thanks for the informations.
What do Mindark plan to do to avoid players using hunting bots to farm tokens 24 7 and stealing rewards from real players on core mayhems?
Maybe make a maximum of tokens u can farm daily or a reduction on the amount looted over the hours? Since there is a large group of players doing this now,
there is a real threat on the entropia universe high end items economy, i can already see player able to pick 2x item worth 120k + tokens in a few months which is absolutely ridiculous..
Thanks

Hello My and thanks for the informations.
What do Mindark plan to do to avoid players using hunting bots to farm tokens 24 7 and stealing rewards from real players on core mayhems?
Maybe make a maximum of tokens u can farm daily or a reduction on the amount looted over the hours? Since there is a large group of players doing this now,
there is a real threat on the entropia universe high end items economy, i can already see player able to pick 2x item worth 120k + tokens in a few months which is absolutely ridiculous..
Thanks
Actually the bots are their own worst enemies. They will flood the market with high end items that item wont be worth 120k if multiple people are able to loot 2x of them every few months, which makes them more affordable and accessible to more players. Because you have to spend money hunting, this isnt like other games where the gold or loot is generated from thin air. As long as the bots are not interfering with real players getting kills, and mindark keeps restocking the vendors, the bots are actually good for the game as they contribute to the loot pool among other benefits.

They should not be allowed to win anything, and they should not interfere with a live players gameplay. Period. But other than that, it should be allowed. I recognize my opinion may not be well liked and in opposition to most players.

Old mayhem system was nice some players could only play during events chip out extra skill to stay in same cat and pull items after every few mayhems.

Now everyone has a chance its unfair :D

Mini Mayhem, hmmmmm....

I think you should call them something else. Mayhem is like the ultimate in chaos or disorder, so to reduce it by putting the word mini in front of it is just weird. Call it a "Disturbance", an "Attack" or something like that and it starts to sound like something of it's own which you can play around with and build on.

Mayhems are Mayhems and should remain what they are. No need for "Mini Mayhems", just create a new type of event.

While that aint official statement of MA, I can bet it's gonna be the same as any other companies.

A) Does it generate profit ? Yes/No
IF yes
do nothing
Else
CONSIDER C)
B) Did user provide detailed information that bring undeniable proof that forcing our hand ? Yes/No
IF yes
Look at the cost and loss related to doing something
Else
do nothing
C) If action cost > potential loss of doing nothing*
do nothing
Else
Find solution

(This is even done with IRL car defects that cause deadly accidents. If the recall cost more than the settlement of a few deaths. People will sadly die.)

As for botting, I can safely say that the results are as follow
A) Yes (Botting generate profit)
B) No (It's way more complex as someone can have bot like behaviors. We all do at times without botting)
C) Action cost is higher than inaction. (Botting generate profit)

While the lines of where the money is made change in EU vs most games. Many games with unique cdkey for online play or monthly fees will ban in waves for the same reason. They control when ppl have to buyback. In Counter Strike: Global Offensive people have a saying. It only cost a prime account to be a cheater. Then you can get a new one on another steam account. The industry has came to the conclusion that those are important incomes.

hello dear midnark can we do somethign about bots in Dome 2?.... I personaly saw 2... well one maybe is not botting as HE might have a kid or something and its been proven mothers with kids only sleep 4h aday.....

hello dear midnark can we do somethign about bots in Dome 2?.... I personaly saw 2... well one maybe is not botting as HE might have a kid or something and its been proven mothers with kids only sleep 4h aday.....
oh, were some discussions on whatsapp regarding someone smart enough whom constantly tried to hunt near a player who had far more dps than him and despite the fact is shared loot he always picked the next closest mob ending up sharing the kill? this happened in the furthest corner of the dome.

yesterday were some other convos regarding another one who made some ppl laugh when he thought that by ganking a high skilled player can damage him, well was just feeding him with mobs

... wondering who might be those players?

conclusions ..is that from all that dome, large enough some find that getting close to a yuge dps will eventually ...idk give him a hof or something, eventually these players will learn to share or keep distance.

i always tried to find out what s the catch with this cause is like they are searching for it to have something to say here on pcf, only few names repeat themselves over and over again here and in the field, same ppl.. no1 else seems to have issues. Isn't this weird?

to me is a pleasure to see these struggles, makes me smile

oh, were some discussions on whatsapp regarding someone smart enough whom constantly tried to hunt near a player who had far more dps than him and despite the fact is shared loot he always picked the next closest mob ending up sharing the kill? this happened in the furthest corner of the dome.

yesterday were some other convos regarding another one who made some ppl laugh when he thought that by ganking a high skilled player can damage him, well was just feeding him with mobs

conclusions ..is that from all that dome, large enough some find that getting close to a yuge dps will eventually ...idk give him a hof or something, eventually these players will learn to share or keep distance.

i always tried to find out what s the catch with this cause is like they are searching for it to have something to say here on pcf, only few names repeat themselves over and over again here and in the field, same ppl.. no1 else seems to have issues. Isn't this weird?

he finds out on whatsapp what his avatar is doing... next gen tech :D

he finds out on whatsapp what his avatar is doing... next gen tech :D
lol, good point,

that's a way of seeing it :))

who said that a 2.0 item must be 120k Xanato?
and what cares to MA that works in TT terms?
a LP70 costed 60k in 2019 what is the problem if it goes back there?
as Eve said, he want the Tool to use it not to brag he has...
cheaper items, if this is the case, more popl with good item, as player base rise again, in TWEN or UE5 price rise again
there is no guarantee of prices holding or increase
i cant even see the point for MA
their balance account show no MU :)
it is a problem of items Hoarders not of item users

Last edited:
cheaper items, if this is the case, more popl with good item

No, just because its loose value, there wont be more of them available, nor more taken from vendor, maybe even less taken because less motivation to grind for it.
There will be exactly the same number of peoples with good item, doenst matter if the price is double or half of the current price.
Price only affect the demand, how many want to buy 1 at any point, but not how many owns 1.

Actually the bots are their own worst enemies.
Just not in the way you think.
The super rare items will not drop that much more often and is so rare that it may not even be a factor because a random player will probably get it.
The only place a bot does harm is in a place that hurt them way less than others.

Where does bot REALLY hurt ? I seen Vixen gears go from 460% to 280% during a phase where many found bots farming the vixens.
Who get hurt the most in this ? The player... The botter doesnt care what he does! He will move to another item after the damage is done.

As a real life comparison the bots are just as much their worst enemies as people who abide and enjoy the life of CREDIT. Credit create indebtment which create interest and generate illusion of richness where poverty install itself. In essence, people that take loan and live owing money hurt themselves and are their worst enemies and I agree. They still hurt more the normal people who understood the situation and tried not taking part. Now those people who believe that one should live with the energy that he own get punished even more as people NEED to loan to be able to LIVE properly.(Money only represent the value given to your energy spent)

While the credit system is a way more complex one to solve. It still show that even if some system make their users their worst enemies, they still hurt even more the ones who do not wish to participate in said system. If you participate into a credit card you get cashback, points or something. Those are some of the reasons products get more expensive. You pay for the cashback even if you dont own a credit card the same way people that dont bot end with less MU because of bots or that american's have part of their tax feed the corn industry regardless of their corn consumption so that the producer can sell corn under production cost.

Maybe the best half full glass way to look at it is simple. "Would be nice if something was done about it, but it could be much worse"

While not directed at anyone in specific but a topic related to what I just said. I often find people bicker so much about things that are not so important and not much can be done about to then play the ostrich on many more concerning issues happening under their very nose about liberties, population control and a world going toward a kid being born and owing most to the workforce for things he or she will only be able to use based on shared availability.

So when I hear about return rate, botting and "not enough tokens". I wonder why these players hide in their basement growing BIG argument over lesser concerns while more important things like liberties, freedom of speech, humanity growth to sustainability and so on get hammered. But it's ok to fight for a virtual loot and not get implicated into humanity betterment. I guess...3

oh well i dont even have to call them by name .. they just come out crawling them selfs :D.... Its never been easier....

P.S.

Disclaimer i ended up hunting next to you as i was pushed in that direction as i was trying to avoid Boter nr 2....

P.S.S.

To put things straight in my eyes you are NOBODY.. NADA... ZERO... i dont care about you! But I will make sure u eat your own words :D when ever i have a chance :).

Also please fix what ever is going on there as I can see u been strugling running up the hill :D

oh well

To put things straight in my eyes you are NOBODY.. NADA... ZERO....
umm, i m really happy for u, and happy to meeting u also i can see clearly u r somebody, wish u all the best

But I will make sure u eat your own words :D when ever i have a chance :).
now that u said it, :D watch me

Also please fix what ever is going on there as I can see u been strugling running up the hill :D
only when i stumble upon noobs, but you r not the case :D

:banana:

It was very cool to see everyone in a central location rather than ensconced in their own instances. I liked seeing what the ubers are working with.
:sniper::rocket:

Thanks for the information, My. I really am disappointed to see Summer Mayhem go, although I'm not much of a fan of the new mayhem format in the first place. I miss the old competitive nature of Defense / Survival / Assault modes vs. the new "grindy" style that anyone can finish with enough time and determination.

I fully support it. Defense, Survival and Assaul games were my favorites games too! I was very disappointed when MA removed them. Now, unfortunately, they are removing the whole summer event forever. Mini-mayhem has nothing to do with normal mayhem except that you can win a token from time to time. There is no long mission of annihilation with prizes, no daily mission, no strongboxes and finally we have to hunt in a tax area on a small asteroid (outside all planets), inaccessible from the main event menu. I'm sorry to say this but it looks like a bad new movie trying to use the name of an old good movie of the same name, to gain more popularity. I don't think you will change your mind and bring back the good old summer event, but I hope at least the bad mini-events become bearable to play, because now they are not!

No, just because its loose value, there wont be more of them available, nor more taken from vendor, maybe even less taken because less motivation to grind for it.
WAIT... were they not PED PRINTERS so ppl is racin g to pull?
The comment was related to Xanato Theory of future pulls. in a fixed playerbase environment
there are ppl able (willing) to
1. pay 120k
2. pay 90k
3. pay 60k
4. pay 10k
5 pay tt+10 ped

at every level there is a chance to sell at someone that is not interested (cannot afford) to purchase at higher prices.
so .... as all the tier 1 player are served, new weapons go to tier 2 ....3....4 and finally are to tier 5
so in the mid term we will see probably 10 or more weapons for each mayhem pulled in 2022
being playerbase stable we can expect FOR SURE lower price... that is WHY strongest grinders are in a rush to pull items......
if playerbase grows sjy is the limit....

BTW i got more expectations in Epic Gme store than in Unreal... better graphics can not bring in more new players...
all is tied to game return.. ppl is used to over unit loot so just narrowing the gap to 100% return can bring in more players
and tha can not happen because playerbase need to pay 2.5m usd to feed the hamsters.... it is all in the annual report.....

Price only affect the demand, how many want to buy 1 at any point, but not how many owns 1.
read the post i asnwered to (MA should safeguard MU of UL.... in my humble opinion MU is not a problem of MA.....
MA should keep servers up 99.999999% of timne (and it is happening), should retain playerbnase (that means LISTEN
and offer teh things that players need if possible) and bring in fresh meat... new gamers come if return are better
because 10k player can pay 4k usd per year to game, but 1m can pay 400 USD and 1b can pay 4 usd
but the 54 ppl of staff surely have that very clear.....

Great idea with the mini-mayhems MA! However, could we please add some "Mini-Mayhem" strongboxes added to the loot? That would make it all the more worth it, not that it isn't fun by itself! :D

You could have planet or creature themed items (wherever the event is held) as well in these boxes. That would be fun too!

Last edited:
Back