FYI: Mayhem Events Update

Ahh okay! So you hit us hard by cancelling summer mayhem we all looked forward to, but that wasn't enough pain. Now you kill summer strongboxes completly?

Last migration I got trashed so hard in returns from migration and that was WITH boxes dropping. I know I wasn't the only one. Boxes are sometimes the only thing that keeps you going. If there had been box drops I might of actually stated on CP for mini mayhem too.

Honestly all this BS it really seems like they are trying hard to drive players away. Last year MA did so many great moves and had the player base hyped with the new mayhem format.

Now it's lile FU we don't want you to deposit or play. 😅

All I know is after heavily participating in the mini mayhem on a taxed area. This is my take away.

I am 100% certain without boxes being part of loot or some other decent MU item outside of tokens. I do not plan to ever participate in another mayhem in a taxed area. Simple as that. Pretty sure this will apply to many others.

MA should really consider this for future event locations.

Migration is a harsh event
just LT HP/level ratio is 3x ambu and 6x flesh ripper
so for skill is not worth after rank 25 codex (all analysis is extracted then)
without strongboxes to fill the gap it can be a bloodbath for averaging. (on a 1300 HP 1 box covers 10...15 kills TT losses in MU,)
with 5k kills for averaging the sinewave of return it is 6.500.000 hp so at least 20.500 Ped Cycled to average on smaller maturity... and probably 40k to be stable at 96...98%
i saw that the research team is already offering the daily missions in map (maybe it offers them all the year) so we can pick it not to forget to have in mission log first day
expect a TT loss of 1000 to 4000 ped that can not be recovered with boxes....

@ MY : are you aware that with a sure loss expectation participation in migration hunting will be reduced to someone that gamble for armors in higher maturity eomnon?
this is leading to less shooting and less income for kill cost to the company..... at least in the world where i live.....

Last edited:
I wish if you were going to remove a mayhem that perhaps you might of done a poll of your customer base to see which event we would rather have taken out.

Also, as a person that loves to open boxes.. just for the the thrill of hoping to get something fun... it sucks to see summer boxes gone without warning. Would you please consider making migration boxes since we have a summer of hunting eomon and longtooth?

And if you haven't stopped reading my post yet, could you also consider making a new item that buffs? I like rings and all.. but an amulet of some sort would be cool as hell. and you know, people would open a ton of boxes for the thrill of getting a new item. Just my two pecs.

signed,
desperately seeking summer boxes alternative to open user :D

Just to put it out there, sometimes MA do have to make unpopular decisions. If they always did what the players wanted this game would probably be trashed :D

I'm curious where there are players who love and love this (mM extra tax) The last 2 days of the event were about 5 players in each dome, my opinion is that this format with extra tax is totally wrong. MA does not read its own logos and makes decisions based on Horoscope It's everyone's decision whether to play or retire, MA doesn't force you to play

decisions based on Horoscope
If you need a reason. Im sure most of this thread figured it out. Those events will be made to promote farming certain areas and force more people into space. Mini Mayhem is just a way to flavor an area that usually has less to offer than during the event. There is no big prizes or nothing. It's not a competition. It's area publicity. I do feel that too many players are afraid to leave the comfort of caly cocoon and I believe this is a sign MA is making a move about it because in the end they cant really do anything fun about space if nobody already goes there to travel... If they update space to be more troublesome before they get everyone used to travel, it's not gonna work.

Sometime we dont understand MA and I cant say I agree with all their choices. Still, in general, when I see where things are headed by understanding business transitions while seeing they truly happen for most parts the way I see it. I kinda feel there is a lot more thinking going on at MA than this forum may believe. Do they skim on certain aspects that general players think more about ? Sure... But I do believe they still put way more energy into developing those working mechanics in a RCE no less to a better balance any other game ever been able to achieve AND survive strongly the experience. For that, they deserve a bit more credit on using their thinking juice.

I remember some comments... Some stupid people in retrospect even if wise. I was one of them.
You remember when CLD came out ? Im not gonna put words in anyone mouth even if anyone there at that time will recall these arguments.
Im still gonna say my words back then. "Lol, this game will never last long enough for a deed to even cover it's cost" <---- Boy... Was I WRONG!

"Idiots" like XX and YY and ZZ that invested into this bait trap of a game who would close the servers and run for the money were the ones that made the right call. MA provided on it's promise and couldnt do that without being genius at it considering it's RCE based.

Edit:
Since Summer Mayhem has been discontinued, Summer Strongboxes have also been phased out. Mulmun Mayhem creatures will be made available in the upcoming Mulmun Uprising, in order for colonists to progress the related Codex missions.
Will their loot table be the same, minus tokens and boxes? Or pure shrap?

Obviously (I hope) future events aren't gonna be in taxed zones this was simply a quick test event as they stated that killed two birds with one stone (cp deed holders were promised CP event(s?). I think it was a good excuse to gamble up there for a weekend given their rare loot table is pretty stacked and they are a fun, nostalgic mob but obviously it is -EV unless you spike rare token or some item (I did not and instead ate a weekend of ass tt return, which was to be expected, so I didn't then come here to complain about it.) All the info you need is available to make decisions, not everything, event or daily stuff is profitable on paper and not everything needs to be, if it doesn't fit your goals just don't do it.

Mini Mayhem is just a way to flavor an area that usually has less to offer than during the event. There is no big prizes or nothing. It's not a competition. It's area publicity.
The correct word is "Milking ped cards imposing TAX Area hunting.
Marketing-Wise it is an error
you want PPL to farm CP ? offer an event with SET 1, 10 or 100 CP shares every hour inserted in the loot pool , so that ppl has the CHANCE to recoup lost MU.

apart some newcomers, experienced hunters (or miners) look for opportunities all across the universe.
if someone stick to caly, he looses opportunities of MU extraction (Caly actually has the least of them)
and yes, space is lootable so there is also a Hidden tax for "insurance on fly", not naming anyone,
is is "the 10 ped 10pm CET space bus" (TY to the bus driver), a stupid feature that prevent space activity
removing PVP in space (this is not EVE) will lead to space activity, 99% of player hate burglars, the other 1%
can go in PVP4 and lament for rocket malfunction

Last edited:
yes, space is lootable so there is also a Hidden tax for "insurance on fly", not naming anyone,
is is "the 10 ped 10pm CET space bus" (TY to the bus driver), a stupid feature that prevent space activity
removing PVP in apsce (this is not EVE) will lead to sapce activity, 99% of player hate burglars, the other 1%
can go in PVP4 and lament for rocket malfunction
Space PVP is the only good thing about Space. It needs to be developed further and ideas SHOULD be taken from EVE and other space based PVP games in order to foster a healthier PVP atmosphere.

PVP incentivizes players to gear up and skill up to conquer new areas where the most lucrative resources are found. It's the only true competitive function games have to rely on and again, ideas should be taken from other successful titles and used here.

The only problem PVP has are cheaters. Aimbots, speedhacks, etc. MindArk is stretched thin enough as it is with only ~150 employees total and we all see their struggles with the current PVP structure. Hopefully UE5 allows them to implement some third-party add-ons to help police PVP so that they're not trying to code anti-cheat mechanisms themselves. They should also focus on the support role so that PVP can be opened up to more players of all skill and gear ranges.

The real problem right now is the population of the Universe across all timezones. With almost no new players joining and a swath of old players leaving (or going on long breaks) there's not enough players willing to invest in their avatar to seek out the markup just sitting there in the loot tables. Not to mention the insanely long mission chains that require you to PVE grind for 900 hours. :banghead:

The day PVP dies in the Entropia Universe is the day the Entropia Universe dies IRL.

Space PVP is the only good thing about Space. It needs to be developed further and ideas SHOULD be taken from EVE and other space based PVP games in order to foster a healthier PVP atmosphere.

PVP incentivizes players to gear up and skill up to conquer new areas where the most lucrative resources are found. It's the only true competitive function games have to rely on and again, ideas should be taken from other successful titles and used here.

The only problem PVP has are cheaters. Aimbots, speedhacks, etc. MindArk is stretched thin enough as it is with only ~150 employees total and we all see their struggles with the current PVP structure. Hopefully UE5 allows them to implement some third-party add-ons to help police PVP so that they're not trying to code anti-cheat mechanisms themselves. They should also focus on the support role so that PVP can be opened up to more players of all skill and gear ranges.

The real problem right now is the population of the Universe across all timezones. With almost no new players joining and a swath of old players leaving (or going on long breaks) there's not enough players willing to invest in their avatar to seek out the markup just sitting there in the loot tables. Not to mention the insanely long mission chains that require you to PVE grind for 900 hours. :banghead:

The day PVP dies in the Entropia Universe is the day the Entropia Universe dies IRL.
Except only a very small portion of EU does loot able pvp. It's not crowded planetside either.

Space PVP is the only good thing about Space.
I am sorry. My idea of value of my EURO (or PED) is too far from yours
ISK are looted over Ammo, here we pay to play a 2% (in best case) tax
make a poll on forum
"if there was a GLobal auction or free teleport from planet to planet would you care to fly in space to risk your loot" question and see return
"are you happy to mine in PVP4 and be amcushed and loose 100 EUR of loot to some burglar" and see answer

maybe the answer surprise me...
i am 250 HP and i am shot dead in 1.4 second wile pulling ores from ground... where is "competition" ? it is just murdering to steal money.
make instanced PVP arena with PED Betting to enter and let's make PVP'rs have big fun...

- space pvp is a stupid thing to do atm, in this format u cannot do anything than run from someone who almost waits u in the same spot ( they changed a bit this compared to the time when the all space was pvp )
- u talk about gearing up, i dont fallow, what to gear up now? we use same speed/dmg/costs, and when 2 enemy have the same stats what are the odds for the chased one to lose?...umm no, what are the odds when the 2 of them sit face to face?
- when skills and gear will matter i tend to believe many voices will be reduced to a tiny whisper
- competition..: what to compete for? who gets to point B from point A while using the same speed based on no skills and ability?
- now u can see above why ppl hate pirates, cause that is an unfair fight, is no point to even start it, lots of alts from who knows whom, hidden behind the fact that skills wont matter and gearing up at costs around 100ped, fking other players, being afk in space while playing entropia on the planet and pointing out to other for using auto hunting methods, bunch of hypocrites whom more than that....making alliances with other so called pilots toplay slow just to let his team mates to loot them for a safe win ( i know this from experience )
- what to find in space? a path from point A to point B? mobs?...and what loot can u find that is so special to worth the trip into those areas?

The Mini Mayhem might be nice and cool for some players but its nothing that I like.
I dont at all like shared mobs activities except for sandking sometimes.

The mayhems and migration is what im appreciating and when you are taking away some of those its not good for many many players, I dont really understand why you are removing summermayhem and replacing it with something like a "mini mayhem".

Thats my cup of coffee.

Listen up people, they said they used this event as a sample... future events most likley wont look the same and will be adjusted. It will be better, just give it time.

The correct word is "Milking ped cards imposing TAX Area hunting.
There nothing imposed.
Tax is there regardless of event.
Mini mayhem aint a competition
It give something it usually doesnt in the area providing MORE.

I myself favor untaxed land for the most part and do understand your feeling toward hunting in a taxed area but Mini mayhem did not add it.
There no milking more if we say that there is more things in loot than usual.
You can call tax a milking but that apply to ALL taxed land and has nothing to do with the mini mayhem.
You hunt somewhere because you want something. If you dont want it enough, you dont. There plenty events from other planets you probably did not participate in for cost related issues that made it not worth it. If it's not worth it, dont do it! Still, there nothing "less" than usual on CP. There is more with the tokens.

I rarely seen and barely understand how so many players are saying "They added something wanted to loot for a few days as an extra, that mean I get less loot I want". I may have understood more if there was no tax and one was added for the event in specific. It may not have been perfect but it was their trial and added value to a location. Is that value enough ? I know it cant be too much for balance reason and people hunt there when there is no extra. So maybe any extra is relevant and shouldnt be considered less.

- space pvp is a stupid thing to do atm, in this format u cannot do anything than run from someone who almost waits u in the same spot ( they changed a bit this compared to the time when the all space was pvp )
- u talk about gearing up, i dont fallow, what to gear up now? we use same speed/dmg/costs, and when 2 enemy have the same stats what are the odds for the chased one to lose?...umm no, what are the odds when the 2 of them sit face to face?
- when skills and gear will matter i tend to believe many voices will be reduced to a tiny whisper
- competition..: what to compete for? who gets to point B from point A while using the same speed based on no skills and ability?
- now u can see above why ppl hate pirates, cause that is an unfair fight, is no point to even start it, lots of alts from who knows whom, hidden behind the fact that skills wont matter and gearing up at costs around 100ped, fking other players, being afk in space while playing entropia on the planet and pointing out to other for using auto hunting methods, bunch of hypocrites whom more than that....making alliances with other so called pilots toplay slow just to let his team mates to loot them for a safe win ( i know this from experience )
- what to find in space? a path from point A to point B? mobs?...and what loot can u find that is so special to worth the trip into those areas?
Right now, there's nothing in space worth fighting for and that's why I mentioned it needs to be further developed with PVP as the focal point.

This also tells me that you don't know how the skills and professions work for space combat relative to how they do for land based PVP.

i am 250 HP and i am shot dead in 1.4 second wile pulling ores from ground... where is "competition" ? it is just murdering to steal money.

Sounds to me like you don't have the gear and/or actual skills (the IRL ones, not the ones written associated with your Avatar) to be in that area. Thus you should probably not expect to stay alive if you're attempting to play the same way you would outside of a PVP zone. You also have the choice to hire a support team to aid you but that would require setup and thinking outside the box in order to prepare for the endeavor into the most dangerous, yet lucrative areas of the Entropia Universe. But that's too much work right? Not worth it. Fuck it. You'd rather just forget all that nonesense and gamble your PEDs away without reducing the risk hoping to be sneaky and make it in and out before anyone notices. The problem is not PVP, the problem is you (and MindArk's lack of policing / development in said area).

There no milking more if we say that there is more things in loot than usual.
You can call tax a milking but that apply to ALL taxed land and has nothing to do with the mini mayhem.
You hunt somewhere because you want something. If you dont want it enough, you dont. There plenty events from other planets you probably did not participate in for cost related issues that made it not worth it. If it's not worth it, dont do it! Still, there nothing "less" than usual on CP. There is more with the tokens.
- what do u think would that be so exceptional in loot to cover this:
just stretching my legs i can do 3k ped/h dps = at 5% tax a 150ped/ hour cost..

so..
if 150 ped i pay just a ticket to see the landscape ( tt return is something else )
then the avg 40 Mtokens/ hour are = 3.75 ped
why would anyone even consider this in a sane scenario over the fact that an item can be bought at a reasonable 1.5 ped/Mtoken ( decent ratio )
what remains after the 5% tax is just the.... landscape sight ....oh and the fun part where u had a blast

taxed lands are for one single purpose, and here i find myself again in the position to point it out.....
( neconu were removed from OLA63 i believe during some complains that players are going there to complete their codex over the LA with neconu DNA )
...... so a taxed LA, i was saying, is a bussiness not a gift from MA to put me or other to forcibly chose to hunt a mob on a LA based on feeling, ... IS BUSSINESS ... so if is business, go make it profitable dear LA owner.. cause i will never ever chose to hunt on a LA taxed if the reward / prize will not cover the loss+tax+risk.

- some are trying to lure players in bs talks and implying all kid of things to make it look like those peds from tax are ...idk included or whatever, just to maybe maybe foul some into hunting on LA. ( i dont care about feeling here, never did, i care about the truth, always )

LA is a thing that the owner should promote advertise, make it function not force players to hunt on that land just because someone has the deed
- if u buy a shop u have to make it work, it can be in the center of London or NY Central and be empty

:banana:

why would anyone even consider this in a sane scenario
Im not saying that this is a good setup or not. Im just saying that the approach of "more in loot" was bad is total nonsense.
Are 4.5% taxes too high Anywhere ? I feel is the real topic here discussed in the wrong thread.
I do agree high taxes on high mobs leave the curve to be desired. I havnt done much of it but I teamed with a lot of players who can do shooting like you killing a lot of big mobs or as I seen you on RT as a Rocktropian. Shooting WW and Daikiba so much that I wondered how many F keys you had to change during your visit. Fast Spending and taxes are deadly combo.

Point is, I know the burn is intense. I just dont think it has anything to do with mini-Mayhem. Just the high taxes in general often dont yield enough reward to warrant the punishment at higher level play. I do think it deserve it's own thread

People is interested in Mayhem not because stupid daikiba or eviscerator or feffoiz sombie happen
we are interested in Looting Tokens and boxes
those have ZERO TT VALUE SO ARE FREE IN THE LOOT POOL

All the sale value of Boxes and Tokens is PURE MU.... helping the huinter to extract markup

once i calculated that the cost of a token was about 4 ped to me (Tbanna has better setup) i did nto even enter CP

This is why i dont like this "experiement"... this was a gift to cp deed owners. ok. i did not pay for it so np at all.
i could nto codex summer creatures (i cant get 5 tiers of analysis reward) and that is my only lamentation

Im just saying that the approach of "more in loot" was bad is total nonsense.
Are 4.5% taxes too high Anywhere ? I feel is the real topic here discussed in the wrong thread.
I do agree high taxes on high mobs leave the curve to be desired.
agree
I havnt done much of it but I teamed with a lot of players who can do shooting like you killing a lot of big mobs or as I seen you on RT as a Rocktropian. Shooting WW and Daikiba so much that I wondered how many F keys you had to change during your visit. Fast Spending and taxes are deadly combo.
ahaha lol, yeah i was willing to pay the loss to gain something there,

yet the WW was a business, and exactly cause the tax is that high i could not lower the price under 4k for a Dhampyre , sadly and became an expensive pet to be tamed,

We hope everyone is enjoying the Mini Mayhem event currently running on Crystal Palace.

Based on all the feedback we have received regarding that event, and Mayhem events in general, I thought it would be a good idea to give some insight into our plans moving forward.

The current Mini Mayhem event on Crystal Palace was created as a test-run for short duration, straightforward, impromptu events. We plan to continue tweaking the format of these events, and hosting them in various locations around the universe, including planets outside of Calypso.

We have also been refining the yearly schedule of major events, and have decided to remove Summer Mayhem from the rotation, given its proximity to other very popular seasonal events such as the yearly Mulmun Uprising and Eomon Migration.

Thus, the current plan is to hold three major Mayhem events each year - Easter Mayhem, Halloween Mayhem, and Merry Mayhem, along with multiple Mini Mayhem events between those major events.

Hopefully this announcement has cleared up any confusion about the nature and purpose of the current Mini Mayhem event, and the plans for future Mayhem-themed events.

Edit:
Since Summer Mayhem has been discontinued, Summer Strongboxes have also been phased out. Mulmun Mayhem creatures will be made available in the upcoming Mulmun Uprising, in order for colonists to progress the related Codex missions.

My Antonsson, Community Relations Manager
Yeah removing summer boxes was a great idea, because of the overwhelming amount of ELM weapons that dropped last migration, but who hunts markup anyway. TT profit is the way to go.

The current Mini Mayhem event on Crystal Palace was created as a test-run for short duration, straightforward, impromptu events. We plan to continue tweaking the format of these events, and hosting them in various locations around the universe, including planets outside of Calypso.
My guess is that we see some Mini-Mayhem Events on other planets this summer.

Idea of mini's is not bad at all, but if you hold it on other planets please make possibility to simply TP to it (for a BIG FEE ofc) from other planets instead of flying through space. I don't participate in current just because of that. Or make it accessible through global event list from the planet you are on.

One way teleportation can be helpful (TO the event). Beside other benefits, it might preserve the number of space travels (the more players go, the more have to return). 3 to 5 peds maybe for teleportation TO the event area.

Just to put it out there, sometimes MA do have to make unpopular decisions. If they always did what the players wanted this game would probably be trashed :D

But if they explained their logic and reasons for the moves to the players and took player feedback to the next round, maybe the player base would become several times of what it is.

Back