Question: Mayhem fixed upfront?

DRDoom

Elite
Society
Why So Serious
DRDoom
Hi,

I do think there is a lot of improvement in the event set-up compared with last year.

But I do have some questionmarks for category4.

There is a LA with big spiders and one with small spiders.

It's obvious that the LA5 with the big spiders will only be acceable for people can take hits of 230+ and not end up at the revival. So this means Though HP AND Shadow or better armor AND mod fap (or mod fapper).
I guess less than 10 people will be competing on that LA. It has a nice spawn 5 DNA samples fully maxed so they will be shooting mobs continuously and collecting points.
I'm fine with that. The mobs are bigger and harder and you earn more points by hunting them.

For all the other contestants in Category 4 there is LA19 with small spiders.
But here is the problem! :mad:
A lot more people will be competing on this LA, but: There are only 2 dna samples there and they are even only set to halfway in numbers.
Means a very low spawn for all the other hunters in category 4. Which will obviously cause the hunters there with to little spawn to hunt continuously.
So getting less points due hunting the lower maturity ones is all fine, but there won't be enough to hunt.

I don't say it's deleberate fixed in the advantage of the couple of high end players (Or is it?). But the result will be there. I don't see why MA just don't fill the empty DNA slots and put the numbers on maximum like thay did on LA5 ....

Hmmm yes that does sound like a problem....

I have the same sort of problem with Itumatrox. all the new spawns are mixed maturity, young-stalker. Its retarded. I cant take a stalker but I can take an Old Alpha or younger. I have to be wicked careful when i'm in the area and I cant just go go go to the next red dot, I might have to waste time by avoiding the big ones.

ARG!

correct me if Im wrong here, but I dont see the LAs beeing won by the " big depositors "
the way I see it, the ones capable of winning a LA ( or two ) is some of the biggest withdrawers in game .......:scratch2:

and the way I see it, they cant be MAs best frindes... or could they ? :scratch2:

anyway, I think we all know ( more or less )who is getting the LAs no matter what they do ( withdraw or deposit )
Personally, Im out to get a harness in the biggest and toughest cat. so wish me luck :)

S V :)

Sorry for my broken English

Last edited:
correct me if Im wrong here, but I dont see the LAs beeing won by the " big depositors "
the way I see it, the ones capable of winning a LA ( or to ) is some of the biggest withdrawers in game .......:scratch2:

and the way I see it, they cant be MAs best frindes... or could they ? :scratch2:

anyway, I think we all know ( more or less )who is getting the Las no matter what they do ( withdraw or deposit )
Personally, Im out to get a harnes in the biggest oad toughest cat so wish me luck :)

S V :)

Sorry for my broken English

Actually the big withdrawers are not profiting off of MA, and they provide an example that everybody points and says "wow!" to. So they aren't taking from MA, and they are making more people have hope that their deposits will be worth something, so technically the big withdrawers are MA's best friends.

Actually the big withdrawers are not profiting off of MA, and they provide an example that everybody points and says "wow!" to. So they aren't taking from MA, and they are making more people have hope that their deposits will be worth something, so technically the big withdrawers are MA's best friends.

Heehee, as long as the lower caste keep depositing in an attempt to reach that goal, this works.

As soon as they stop, then the money come from MA.

Witness Bernard Madoff :)

MA said that they will boost spawns

Also, the title of the thread is misleading and this thread should be closed and/or removed...

IMO no one hunting young spiders would even have a chance at top 10 anyway. Unless there are like prov/guard there also.

Heehee, as long as the lower caste keep depositing in an attempt to reach that goal, this works.

As soon as they stop, then the money come from MA.

Witness Bernard Madoff :)

as if MA's gonna drop money they can't miss ;)
whatever money someone withdraws, was deposited by someone else first in tenfold or so.

1. ppl hunting small spiders will not win. period. (unless some hefty disqualifications happen)
2. La5 has young to stalker, it is not maxed maturity
3. If your bitter about not being able to win cat4, chip down
4. If you really wanna win cat4, you'll chip up, since we are talking two prixes in excess of 25k USD for grabs. pretty sure 5k usD buys a lot of health evade and friends.

Support team is you friend ;)

Have a hard time to belive that anyone will make it to top10 whitout support team...

1. ppl hunting small spiders will not win. period. (unless some hefty disqualifications happen)
2. La5 has young to stalker, it is not maxed maturity
3. If your bitter about not being able to win cat4, chip down
4. If you really wanna win cat4, you'll chip up, since we are talking two prixes in excess of 25k USD for grabs. pretty sure 5k usD buys a lot of health evade and friends.

1: Without going into detail: Yes they can end up in top10 spot if you have a good spawn.
2: Due agro of spiders it is not possible to hunt there continuously. That is why MA forsee a LA with "Small" spiders.
3: I'm not bitter, I'm not even participating, I'm just observing.
4: Chipping up to 250 HP from 200 HP would cost me 12K USD and chipping from lvl47 evader to Intuition: 32K USD = 44K USD Slightly higer than the 5K USD you claim.

I'm not whining at all, I'm just wondering why MA cannot do the same on both LA and not make the competition more competitive for all the participants in cat4.

4: Chipping up to 250 HP from 200 HP would cost me 12K USD and chipping from lvl47 evader to Intuition: 32K USD = 44K USD

For 50HP and a skill that hardly does anything, 44.000 USD is just pure insanity.

DrDoom, I agree completely with you.

That is the reason why I am not joining in the first place ... which is a pitty. I'd loved to join and have the support from the family to hunt 6h a day with their support (ammo supply etc).

Maybe next year MA will improve it further ...

1: Without going into detail: Yes they can end up in top10 spot if you have a good spawn.
2: Due agro of spiders it is not possible to hunt there continuously. That is why MA forsee a LA with "Small" spiders.
3: I'm not bitter, I'm not even participating, I'm just observing.
4: Chipping up to 250 HP from 200 HP would cost me 12K USD and chipping from lvl47 evader to Intuition: 32K USD = 44K USD Slightly higer than the 5K USD you claim.

I'm not whining at all, I'm just wondering why MA cannot do the same on both LA and not make the competition more competitive for all the participants in cat4.

Well MA cannot make everyone happy. And wth would you need intuition for? I know people going for cat4 who don't have quickness even. hell *i* can avoid a stalker.

and i do not think someone hunting only young spiders could win, ever. i did the math, i know the optimum maturity to hunt, and no: i won't share it. I base my calcs on non-kill helping as well

but ...la19.... has a huge spawn to the north.... faster than i could kill them anyway so i don't se what the problem is...and if ppl not like LA's....troy...minopolis...ithaca....

When I'm shooting a Old Alpha with a MM+A204 it takes ages due the insane regeneration. (Can't hunt em anymore due selling of my supremacy armor) While I can kill a provider in about 2 minutes.
Take into consideration that I could survive an armor penetration crit from a provider but not from a prowler.
Additional dmg crits I'm at the revival from both anyway.
This would make me half the ammount* being send to the revival due crits as with a big one. And we all know of you get killed and you need to TP back that a spider is at full or almost full HP and you can start all over again.
(* I assume that the "armor penetration" and "additional dmg" are each 50% of the crits.)

So I could gather more points in the same ammount of time shooting providers than Old Alphas.

But this YES/NO discussion is useless and could go on and on as long as MA don't set the spawn on the small spiders to maximum on LA19. So it cannot be proven. :(

So that was the reason of starting of this thread; Why the heck did MA put by purpose the event mob spawn so low on LA19, this could only be in favour of the couple of high end players that will have way less competition in this event.

Back