Mayhem Skill Boosts - STOP THEM

SupaPres

Provider
Michael Mike Duval
Can we please stop with all the skill boosts in Mayhem!

I am about to be pushed out of my cat because I keep getting them! It is stupid, I am getting one every like 20-30 minutes for like 90+%!

Yeah I must agree its so stupid to gain more skills and become stronger & better.
We want to be noobs for life to earn few cents more for eternity.

That isn't the solution.

Solution is to do a skill debuff on your hit/dmg professions and evade, like they do with "max hp" limit.

To prevent people from entering all cats they can allow player to speak to NPC to choose what category they want to compete in for this mayhem (can't change during whole event).

To further make it fair for all you can pick ONE unlimited weapon for the duration of the event. It will be account bounded (not tradeable until event finishes). For limited weapons you can pick whatever you like.

yes ofc they should add esi in tt also :laugh:

That isn't the solution.

Solution is to do a skill debuff on your hit/dmg professions and evade, like they do with "max hp" limit.

To prevent people from entering all cats they can allow player to speak NPC to choose what category they want to compete in for this mayhem (can't change during whole event). To further make it fair for all you can pick ONE unlimited weapon for the duration of the event. It will be account bounded (not tradeable until event finishes). For limited weapons you can pick whatever you like.

You trust them to build something like that with this engine? :D

I have the counter argument here. I want more skill boosts. Need MOAR skillzzzz

Yeah I must agree its so stupid to gain more skills and become stronger & better.
We want to be noobs for life to earn few cents more for eternity.

In the normal game sure but when you are built for Cat 6 then get pushed to the bottom of cat 7 what chance do you have? Those people most likely have 8-9 level on you. Better weapons and armor.

Also, if you level past the cap before finishing the 10h run you loss all progress there meaning wasted peds.

Seems weird to complain yes but there is a reason.

You trust them to build something like that with this engine? :D
No, they need to choose the same outside coder who did the soft cap on hp plus a professional coder who can dig through MA's mayhem code (pun intended). Hopefully they can succeed in not reseting everyone's skills permanently in the process.:laugh:

To further make it fair for all you can pick ONE unlimited weapon for the duration of the event. It will be account bounded (not tradeable until event finishes). For limited weapons you can pick whatever you like.

Been asking for this for a long time. Now you either own or borrow/rent one of the top 1 or 2 top weapons in cat or just forget about competing except to hope to get lucky (2 5k's).

If 10 hours hunting is going to take you from cat6 to cat7 then just accept that you're a cat7 hunter and start there. Sure, you'll be at the bottom end of cat7 but we all have to go through that at some point in time.

If 10 hours hunting is going to take you from cat6 to cat7 then just accept that you're a cat7 hunter and start there. Sure, you'll be at the bottom end of cat7 but we all have to go through that at some point in time.

I would say yes but sadly no, I'm not sure about everyone else but my Dmg is trailing my Hit by 5 levels. So I am technically not full cat. Also, this is my second full run. I thought I'd be fine but the skill boosts are killing me. Since I created this post I got a 127% boost and 12 minute 47% boost.

Why can't we just select our cat and lock in? We have DPS and HP caps. What is the put in restricting the cats to skills. Not everyone can afford to compete in their required cat. Arkadia managed this!

If someone with high skills chooses to go in to a level cat they get less rewards so their choice right?

I am about to be pushed out of my cat because I keep getting them! It is stupid, I am getting one every like 20-30 minutes for like 90+%!

If you want to do that, try having 2 types of weapons that are capable of competing. When you get skill boost on one switch to the other.

Ofc, this means more investment needed for gear.

and most likely a decrease in dps since 1 weapon usually better.

I would say yes but sadly no, I'm not sure about everyone else but my Dmg is trailing my Hit by 5 levels. So I am technically not full cat. Also, this is my second full run. I thought I'd be fine but the skill boosts are killing me. Since I created this post I got a 127% boost and 12 minute 47% boost.

Why can't we just select our cat and lock in? We have DPS and HP caps. What is the put in restricting the cats to skills. Not everyone can afford to compete in their required cat. Arkadia managed this!

If someone with high skills chooses to go in to a level cat they get less rewards so their choice right?

Be glad youll reach commando faster :D

And the answer to your last question is no. If a higher skilled player enters a lower cat he will have many advantages like, evade, hp even if he uses a weapon that suits that cat, so would be an great advantage for him.

Can we have more of these please.I can't get enough even with 100% pill.

why would anyone want less skills?

Many reasons but mainly on a psychological level they are defeated so they seek weaker opponents thinking they might have the upper hand at least on paper.In reality in the long run they will lose on every field.
Events play a very small part of the game in the big picture.Sticking to a certain category is a very big mistake and I said it many times people who will quit first is the ones that chip out today to hang in there for few cents extra.

Hahaha. System trying to match your skill gain with ped spent, to even you out. I thought that was part of the less volatility algorithm MA implemented to save us.

Lap up those boosts.

Rick.

Don't worry about it. Really.

Because at the end of the day you're going to get trounced by someone using some exploit anyway.

Don't worry about it. Really.

Because at the end of the day you're going to get trounced by someone using some exploit anyway.

lmao +1

:beerchug:

Many reasons but mainly on a psychological level they are defeated so they seek weaker opponents thinking they might have the upper hand at least on paper.In reality in the long run they will lose on every field.
Events play a very small part of the game in the big picture.Sticking to a certain category is a very big mistake and I said it many times people who will quit first is the ones that chip out today to hang in there for few cents extra.

do you have a detailed spreadsheet showing how much profit you are making with all your skills on a daily basis?

MA could sell pills in TT that prevent skill gains for 1hr. Win Win for MA :rolleyes:

man, i never knew messi was such an ass. but anyways,
i have a tier 9 ranked scorpian. it is perfect for cat 5, so i chip out hp skills to stay below 190 hp. I have been looking for an UL gun suitable for cat 6 or 7 since thats where i should be, but cant find anything affordable. so i stay in cat 5.

if everyone had the time and money, and skills that messi had, game wouldnt be much fun. god that person sounds like such an ass now. or maybe i sound like an ass for saying they sound like an ass, lol, idk.

and i am actually just after the tokens, hoping ma will refill or replace token vendor items. so maybe a better chance at higher dps weapon.

oh, and ive been ingame for a while, just havent had the luck, know how, or money as some of these high end players. i play to have fun mostly, and its a gambling thing, lol...

if messi or another uber duber wants to gimme a weapon for cat 6 or 7, ill gladly accept. I have quite a bunch of rewards from codex to claim since ive been tying to keep my hp down, plus around 20 hp in skill chips ive had to chip out to stay in cat 5.

ps--- need a level 70-75 laser pistol, or 60-70 shortblade, that does more dps than a tier 9 RS under 20k... thanks for the donation messi.

You don't need to chip out health skills, health doesn't determine category, your health is automatically lowered to the cap when you enter the instance.

then not only am i pretty drunk, but confused as shit now. im dropping down to cat 4 then, lol, cause RS is top of the game there dps wise

then not only am i pretty drunk, but confused as shit now. im dropping down to cat 4 then, lol, cause RS is top of the game there dps wise

You highest pro standing determines your category. Each category has a dps limit for weapons.

I understand the problem and I agree that getting pushed out of your Cat really sucks but this is just symptomatic of a few other issues that currently exist:

1. The Categories are too close together, they need to widen them a bit more, make it 12 levels or even maybe 15 levels from one to the next

2. There currently aren't enough options for people at the bottom of their Categories, i.e. weapons that are maxed early which have a dps close to the maximum allowable dps. A good example of such a weapon is the Geotrek LP475 Apis. It has a dps close to the max alllowed in Cat 3 but you can max this gun at level 31 so it's a good option for hunters just entering Cat 3 at the bottom. Geotrek guns seem to have this particularity that they do high dps for their levels but unfortunately they are very hard to craft right now and so are not abundant enough for Mayhem participants.

3. It is very costly to reduce your skills and that isn't right, that's backwards. MA needs to add a button in the Skills interface that says:"TT Skill" beside every single one of them. If these are my skills and I own them, why can't I dispose of them however I like? The reason this was never done I think is 2-fold: 1) ESIs have always been a reliable source of markup for hunters and MA doesn't want to fuck with that, 2) all of these accumulated skills keeps people somewhat hostage when it's too costly or difficult to extract and sell all these skills while at the same time having substantial intrinsic value. People who sell out tend to keep their account 'active' so as not to lose the skills, even though they no longer wish to play the game. Some of them do come back to it eventually, since they are not starting back from nothing.

I think if MA addressed these 3 things above, getting pushed out of your Category wouldn't suck so hard.

Legends

Last edited:
Back