Medusa Head bidding has begun...

I wonder if this means FPC/MA will take more from loot this financial quarter to make budget?

Probably, look out for a season of bad loot I guess.

Humans are weak. So robots will attack again. And while there will be epic whining about loot, the overall loot with its ups and downs will be the same. There might be higher decay though if the mob spawns and respawn frequency does not go down.

Wow! I am quite speechless :eyecrazy:

Although it was good thinking on the part of this small group of players, the more significant thing is that there are no new bidders. I don't know how much money these guys have to spend, but with the current trend, the only people they will be able to sell their LAs to will be each other.

Of course, the other downside to publicly getting a super deal on a property like this is that it sets a precedent that drags down the value of all other Land Areas.

Of course, the other downside to publicly getting a super deal on a property like this is that it sets a precedent that drags down the value of all other Land Areas.
Really? I don't think it will. Your just speculating it will, remember this is a real life market, owners of LA's won't sell for less than what they bought it for or how much they invested in one. If no LA buyer lowers his price LA's wont drop in price.

Actually, I was basing tha on RL market dynamics.

If you talk to a realtor about selling/buying a house, the first thing they do is take a survey of the sale prices of all of the houses in your area to get ou a suggested sale price.

Typically, property taxes are also adjusted based on the market value of comparable properties.

If you've ever dealt with the public in a retail setting, the most common thing you hear is "my buddy/sister/uncle just bought this same thing last week for..."

What's the first thing anyone does when they buy or sell something in EU? They check the auction history.

I'm not saying this will instantly kill the market for Land Areas, but it certainly won't help. If, as you suggest, all LA owners hold onto their properties and refuse to sell for less, then prices could stay unchanged. But there's only so long a person can keep your money tied up in virtual properties, just ask ND. Eventually, some of them will decide to sell. Who knows, maybe Star has enough peds to buy them all up for 100k, but I doubt it.

Back