FYI: melee decays while swinging at dead corpse...

I want to know what mob you hunt afk, because how long you try to kill that mob if you got the time to kinda go afk on it? And you have certain time to loot that mob so your afk can't be that long then..

i wouldn't actually go 'afk' but more like go and do something else on my 2nd monitor (like this forum) or something else on my desk for a few seconds, so i was losing like 1-10 swings worth of decay every now and then. i was keeping the sword on auto-swing for large groups of argos, then just slightly moving the mouse every now and then to the next mob and right clicking to loot them all at once every now and then in 3rd person.

no skills from swinging at dead mobs, although when testing i could have sworn i got an official 'miss' which was weird but it could have been lag.

Ofc this is different with guns, but as Joker already stated with melee you don't get decay when swinging into thin air or miss by your own mistake on a mob so it is fairly logic that the swinging at a dead mob should not give decay too.

Yes but my point is that when you swing on a dead mob, you do swing at something, therefore it is (in my opinion) logical that the melee weapon decays, since it hits the dead body, while when you swing in thin air it hits nothing :)

Yes but my point is that when you swing on a dead mob, you do swing at something, therefore it is (in my opinion) logical that the melee weapon decays, since it hits the dead body, while when you swing in thin air it hits nothing :)

i get this however if it was supposed to be this way then melee should decay on NPC's and other players not in pvp as well dont you think?

i get this however if it was supposed to be this way then melee should decay on NPC's and other players not in pvp as well dont you think?

not really NPC's are not a mob that can be attacked and neither are PC's that are not in PVP. Just my opinion here.

Perhaps... I guess it depends on if you see an NPC, non-PvP avatar, dead mob, alive mob, etc as a valid target or not :) which could get us into a long discussion about that :laugh:

But yeah, I understand how you mean of course :)

melee doesnt decay when u swing at mob... and miss the hit box...
melee doesnt decay when u swing in the air...
melee doesnt decay when you swing at NPC...
melee doesnt decay when u swing at someone in non pvp...

so essentially if your mob is dead... and you reviewed the list above... it is possible maybe that melee shouldnt decay :)

Melee does decay for 30sec after you left PVP, hitting an avatar not in PVP (no dmg)...

Melee does decay for 30sec after you left PVP, hitting an avatar not in PVP (no dmg)...

so your saying... if i was in pvp... and i walk outside of PVP ring... and hit a person that wasnt in pvp my blade decays?

i dont think this is true...

but yes... PVP continues for 30 seconds after you leave ring... for all weapons...

so your saying... if i was in pvp... and i walk outside of PVP ring... and hit a person that wasnt in pvp my blade decays?

i dont think this is true...

but yes... PVP continues for 30 seconds after you leave ring... for all weapons...

Yes, I claim that... and I doubt it has been corrected since I first have found it.

I cannot test it at the moment being on Ark, but twin ring was where it happened.
Don't ask why I have run out of the ring to keep hitting the foe after he appeared at revival terminal :laugh:

edit: Also had the 'invalid target' mark.

I remember in vu8 or early 9 testing if melee weapons decayed if you missed a target and they didn't.

But since vu10 many things that didn't decay then now do and why we had the enhancer cannot be removed bug from 0tt weapons for a while.

Perhaps... I guess it depends on if you see an NPC, non-PvP avatar, dead mob, alive mob, etc as a valid target or not :) which could get us into a long discussion about that :laugh:

But yeah, I understand how you mean of course :)

Maybe i can test on your dead corpse?? :D :girl:

Ok so then you also should gain skills when hitting a dead mob, that is why I asked if the OP gained skills when hitting it after the mob was dead it should clear up if it is supposed to be like that or if it is a bug.

Yes, I claim that... and I doubt it has been corrected since I first have found it.

I cannot test it at the moment being on Ark, but twin ring was where it happened.
Don't ask why I have run out of the ring to keep hitting the foe after he appeared at revival terminal :laugh:

edit: Also had the 'invalid target' mark.

wow... you are right...

when you leave ring... or any PVP area...
for 30 seconds after if you hit a non pvp avatar... you get decay... now that seems a bit like a bug for certain

if you have the mob "highlighted" or selected while killing it yes the blade will decay each swing even when the mob is dead.

but if you autoswing the weapon without selecting a mob just move close enough for the swing to hit then when mob dies the blade stops decaying even if you afk.

remove "move to target while..." is also a good idea.

Bullet flies out of the gun even if you miss the target.
Attack chip uses its ammo, mindforce, even if you strike into thin air.
This is all perfectly realistic.
But there's no such thing as sword ammo. If your knife goes blunt because you swing it in the air, this is not realistic.

I don't know any other game where missing a target with melee causes any decay.
My weapons fire tens of thousands of times without inserting a new clip and I keep a helicopter in my pocket for when I don't want to teleport!

how realistic is that?! :laugh:

Bullet flies out of the gun even if you miss the target.
Attack chip uses its ammo, mindforce, even if you strike into thin air.
This is all perfectly realistic.
But there's no such thing as sword ammo. If your knife goes blunt because you swing it in the air, this is not realistic.

You are not completely missing, you are failing to wound. Beating a dead horse with a melee weapon should still cause decay.

Do you know of any other games that make their income off your decay?

'Nuff said.

Back