Melee hunting question

Where do i find better melee weapons.
I wanted to get away from ammo use. just easier to calculate my losses. X ped to charge weapon, X ped returned on Hunt. tiny math Gain, Lose, or break even. if you FAPed during the hunt sub that from returns. bobs ur uncle.

but trying to track down any list of good melee weapons is not easy. its like everyone is holding onto the information like its some big secret.

my test run on my sword was 79ped charge up. my loot was 52.90, there was 3.20 ped of TT left on the weapon. 22.90 was my loss. so i was able to charge it back up to 56.10TT with the TT left on it added in. so losses were normal. and i kept cycling like this till i hit two globals back to back and had to call it a night. but they were tiny amounted to 47.22 ped. i was not mark up hunting though, i was daily cyrene killing.

So i want to know what weapons i can find, to skill up on, or whats better, that do not use ammo..and when i get to the point where using extenders ehancers and amps matter i can worry about that.
but the list is short on AH
and even shorter if you want anything with any kind of EFF. mine is 67%

not like ill ever get that unique sacrificial dagger, i think dropped from 2017 Halloween mayhem not sure as trying to find info on where it comes from is pretty much impossible. and messi wont say. he only said, he paid a lot for it. as for the unique reaper that was 2017 and i know where one is, and i know i wont afford that less i sale my Harley Davidson.

any help on quests that lead to better weapons, Blue Prints for these as i craft and mine mostly.

been playing now for 6 or 7 weeks have about 23000ish skill points which is not bad for 1-2 hours a day of play time. i think

I am 11 miner prospector
11 sniper
and 4 or 5 in melee
and lvl 2-4 ish in crafting weapons

not that its needed info, but lets you know where i am, where i need to looks, and what direction i am headed in...so narrows the path a bit i guess.

You can use the wiki to sort for non-ammo weapons: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon

Just set Ammo = 0 then sort by whatever else you want. Sometimes it's easier to download the file to export to Excel to do more specialized filtering if you want. At your level though, you're going to mostly be looking at L weapons for awhile.

There are also plenty of loot tracking programs out there for hunting that track your total cost anyways. If someone is just doing pure hunting, I wouldn't suggest non-ammo melee since you do lose a bit from not converting shrapnel. The only reason I use something like the mayhem power claws is because I don't want to intermingle unlimited ammo with hunting because I mine with it.

Edit: Laconian sword + melee 1 is one option to look at. It'll be awhile until you can use philospher's, hero, or archon.

Last edited:
Just to have fun grab a Katsuichi Determination. Yes, you won't be maxed, but sometimes it's just nice to have high dps like that to tank through a few missions (or to play around in pvp)

Way outdated with all the newer stuff coming out recently, but http://entropiareloaded.blogspot.com/p/tablas-sib.html

Similar charts are somewhere in these forums if you dig far enough.

Last edited:
Stay away from too low TT ones, they will drive you nuts especially if you run high tier and damage enhancers. Some only last 10-15 minutes before breaking.
personally I went with Ozypyn S1X2 RSB then onto a Genesis Arkspark. Both have decent TT and good value. The RSB I paid 400 ped for it but it’s likely higher now, should still be under 1k. Arkspark low tier maybe 3k-4K lowest price. Higher tier ones get pricier

and 4 or 5 in melee
I dont want to be misunderstood but you have no choice.....
Trade Terminal Knife (sword) at least until level 15
THEN
most economic way to skill stat wise is to use Armatrix series until level 30 (use series 10 as you hit 15 then rise a new serie each 5 level to keep ability on tool 10/10)
as you reach 30 and unlock melee dmg , martial arts, serendipity progress is a bit faster.
armatrix do use ammo
at 110% impact of armatrix is about 1% higher kill cost with extenders series 20 and recycle of shrapnels.

Thereafter
Leoi dagger if knife
Philosopher if sword
are cheapest as said above

if you fly to NI can have a small sword (Falcata) for free with a short questline

for an ammo melee tool consider at least 23.000 ped (weak argo claws) as entry level

EU is not a cheap game at higher stats .....

Easy way to track regardless of item you use be it all decay or an ammo using item is using a tracker like entropia tally, loot nanny or the Entropia life tracker. I know not the answer to the question you asked but it could possibly open other options up to easily track.

Use some cheap limited blade in combination with skill gain pills/juice

I recommend you to buy a good amp for example fen lvl 2 or fen lvl 10 when you get to the higher lvl blades.

That way you get higher dpp/ higher efficiency and safe a lot of peds while skilling up

Go for the lb 40 imp costs around 40-50 k without amp and with a m matrix you can hunt a lot of diferent mobs
Add a ares perfected and you got a potent setup for low

With the lvl 10 fen amp you boost the efficiency to 79.4 or 79.8

Cheapest combo if you want a usefull setup

Go for Archon, philosofer, or hero blade untill you are able to max the lb 40
Or atleast Max a armatrix lb that uses min 48 dmg (for the fen amp) Slap a p20 extender on it to safe mu (dont forget the pills) use codex.

When you Max the archon you figure out that 101 conversation from shrp into amo adds up , you will change your mind and straight Go for the lb 40 or any blade that uses amo 🙋‍♂️

Edit : before you use skill pills make shure to have a ares Ring atleast , to get the maximum skill gain out of your skill pills (because of dps increase)

Last edited:
there's different melee weapons with low level quests that dont use ammo.

that said it helps if you decide what you want , knife , sword , clubber.

sword slower , bigger hits and has in mid end game bigger amps.
knife , fast , amps fit better , mostly more dps then same level swords. less overkill.
clubber , not really experience with it but , slow big hits.

i meself used did the knife way. used songkra for years. downside of these weapons is that you need to repair alot, certainly if you use enhancer. upside a shitload cheaper to buy then compaireble ranged weapon.

athenic ring helps dodge / evade to compensate for lack of range.

aim for leoi shock dagger to start with . then akaa's fire dagger then go eather for songkra - firefly - arcspark or something similar.

if you want sword look for similar weapons.

there's no 1 true way all depends on how you play and what you want :).

I have provided in the past multiple times now with the Wiki's weapons list.

It is very intuitive.

No one is hiding information from you, you're low level and no one gives a shit if you make ped or not cause it's a low amount.

But you do fit in with all the weird conspiracy theorists who play this game.

I have provided in the past multiple times now with the Wiki's weapons list.

It is very intuitive.

No one is hiding information from you, you're low level and no one gives a shit if you make ped or not cause it's a low amount.

But you do fit in with all the weird conspiracy theorists who play this game.
yeah i use it, kinda goes like this

see item in my range, that looks obtainable. click item
click again.
top of page says.. no information available. and what is there does not pertain to where you get said item.
so now to google potential quest for it, drop mob, blueprint item...etc etc NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE.. or if it some super rare then you might find some info on it.

As for PED, i have more than you think and make more than what most people at 6 to 7 weeks old would. But that is because i have an amazing SOC with people who share any info i need, tons of youtube channels to learn things from. And general information to be more successuful.

but its not wierd consiprcay when i see something and come up with thought about it....then say something about it...thats how thinking works...then you test it, test more, think more, tell more people about your new info, taking in their info. test more, think more...you know use that brain...

BUT ONE QUESTION FOR YOU DIRECTLY....when you CHIP in and get skill implants....DO THEY SELL ANY FOR MANNERS...cause i think you need to spend some PED ON THAT ONE.

top of page says.. no information available. and what is there does not pertain to where you get said item.
so now to google potential quest for it, drop mob, blueprint item...etc etc NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE.. or if it some super rare then you might find some info on it.
It sounds like you are wanting to acquire an item yourself, and I will tell you now that is a very ineffective way of equipping your avatar. If we are talking UL items, they drop extremely infrequently and many older items aren’t dropping anymore at all. If you ever are lucky enough to get one drop in your lifetime, it’s even more unlikely that it’s the item you are wanting. Your only real pathway is buying it from someone else.

Limited items drop more frequently of course, but still, you’re not going to get the item you are after most of the time, and you would of long broken your current weapon before being able to secure its replacement. Again, auction.

There is a short handful of quests that do reward UL items, but they are costly to do, so you won’t save anything, but it can help you with your self accomplishment. Nothing that suits your melee requirements though, I don’t believe.

CDF weapons can be a good way to remain self sufficient, they are L but last a long time and if you only focus on dailies you can generally remain self sufficient with collecting the tokens to pay for them, but again, no melee options at the moment.

Mayhem token trader has weapons, if you have the time and money to grind tokens, and get super lucky enough to loot a rare token. But this takes millions of cycled PEDs, you need a decent weapon already in order to farm another decent weapon.

If you want to get weapons yourself, your only real option is crafting armatrix. You can get the blueprints on auction, or they drop by clicking weapon gizmos (don’t worry about doing this if you are after a certain blueprint, again, you won’t get the one you want, just buy on auction)
Search for Armatrix LB-10 blueprint or SB-10 to get started. The materials are listed on the wiki and are common loot or easily crafted.

Back