Info: Melee weapon with a High Efficiency?

VeramontNexus

Mature
I need a Veterans or anyone info or knowledge on a good melee weapon with a very high Efficiency or at least enough Efficiency that can reach up in the 80% marks.
I can also do 70% - 75% Efficiency

My current Knife fighter and swordsman is

Knife: rank 15
Swordsman: Rank 15

I will take any input.

At your level, your only bet is the SB-10 FEN.
Pretty poo weapon but it suits your criteria of 72% base Eff.

Edit: I think that maxes at lvl 20, (not 15 like the armatrix equivalent.) So a bit of skilling first.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with this one, you'll outgrow it in a heart beat. Use armatrix SB and skill up into something better at a later date.

So is The Armatrix SB-10 FEN is still available to grab or would I need to obtained it from someone on the forum.
It would seem to be a limited item that was only available during Entropias 15th anniversary.
I'm 5 years to late, any info on if the FEN token trader still may have some, an also where Can I obtained FEN tokens?

If you want an item with high efficiency it you will need to buy it from someone else and it will be expensive

Hard to beat the Archon Sword. Level requirement is 24-28. Even with the recent rise in prices, still the one of the best values in all of EU.

Archon's Sword & Trauma 4 amp is 68.4% efficiency... 3.026 DPP... 44.8 DMG/sec
Archon's Sword & Trauma 6 amp is 69.2% efficiency... 2.979 DPP... 48.8 DMG/sec

Last edited:
So is The Armatrix SB-10 FEN is still available to grab or would I need to obtained it from someone on the forum.
It would seem to be a limited item that was only available during Entropias 15th anniversary.
I'm 5 years to late, any info on if the FEN token trader still may have some, an also where Can I obtained FEN tokens?
It is an unlimited item.. You can't get it from the vendor anymore. Only way to buy one is to get one from another player. There is usually one or two on auction. A tier 6 or 7 is up now I think, for 10k. Pricey but depends on what its worth to you. That one has been listed and relisted for months, nobody else wants it but its yours if you push the button.

Dear Katie Chalmers:
I give my thanks on the info you have provided, I think the reason be may be that either Ammo burn is astronomical or decays real fast or buys and resell at Higher price or don't like the damage output. Or maybe all of them combined in one package. My goal is to obtained any weapon with a High Efficiency to help with Item Rarity drops, not so much on skilling already have other ways to go around that, but mainly for the loot drops, and if i get it, keeping it. Thank so much for the info, I look forward to your wisdom in the future, if you like to share.

Dear chrisdor3:
Archons sword you say ehhh, but as for the trauma amps, I only have the Trauma 1 amp, How much would i take to buy the Archon sword and Trauma amp 6?

Dear Katie Chalmers:
I give my thanks on the info you have provided, I think the reason be may be that either Ammo burn is astronomical or decays real fast or buys and resell at Higher price or don't like the damage output. Or maybe all of them combined in one package. My goal is to obtained any weapon with a High Efficiency to help with Item Rarity drops, not so much on skilling already have other ways to go around that, but mainly for the loot drops, and if i get it, keeping it. Thank so much for the info, I look forward to your wisdom in the future, if you like to share.

Dear chrisdor3:
Archons sword you say ehhh, but as for the trauma amps, I only have the Trauma 1 amp, How much would i take to buy the Archon sword and Trauma amp 6?
Its price is high because it is being sold by a known reseller. and the word FEN draws all sorts of hysteria, but when you look at the item itself it doesn't hold much value. If you can't get it for 5-6k, leave it on the shelf. cos that is about all it is worth.

Why is it Poo?
Fundamentally, It is an exact carbon copy of the Armatrix SB-10 (L). The only difference being an extra 10% efficiency and being unlimited. Unlike pretty much all other 2.0 weapons, this does not see an improvement to the D/pec vs its armatrix counterpart. D/pec is a large contributor to a weapons value, and without that, all you have is the mark-up you save and the 0.7% increase to your TT. At the pitiful dps this thing provides, you'll be a long time paying it off. Especially if you consider what else 10k ped can do for you in other investment opportunities.

Additionally, skilling swords and blades between level 15-25 is extraordinarily cheap. There is no real reason to avoid markup in this period. I went this path myself and could always buy enough Armatrix SB and LB 15-25 at markups under 110%. to supply me almost full time. Prices are probably a bit high at the moment during mayhem, you just have to pick your timing and watch for the listings with a low start bid.
I was a weapons crafter when I ran a shop, and I never even crafted most of my own Armatrix -20-25 weapons. because i could just buy them for less then the cost to click the blueprint myself. People are insane sometimes and don't do their sums properly

The final nail in the coffin, its that it isn't that fun to amp. The melee trauma 1 hardly does anything, good luck finding a melee trauma 2 (Unlimited), I've only ever seen one for sale ever, and nobody will ever split one up from another paired SB-10. A melee trauma 2 FEN is your last option but that leads to overamping and reducing the pitiful D/pec even more.

As you can tell I have a little bit of a hatred for this weapon. maybe I'm biased. I know many that love them. To all you weirdos, feel free to make your case :p

Dear Katie Chalmers:

Don't get me wrong here, I see the value of the weapon already, I only meant that OTHER players must see the weapon as what I suggested as to why some think its poo, I for one do not. I see a great investment. Players just don't know the long term it brings. So I want a SB - 10 Fen, just finding one seems to be hard, but then again i have not look at the auction, nor do I have the PED. So Hopefully I will be able to acquire that knife sometime in game.

Dpp is what gives you "Rarity drops" btw, not efficiency
Dpp, Please specify meaning?

Dear Katie Chalmers:

Don't get me wrong here, I see the value of the weapon already, I only meant that OTHER players must see the weapon as what I suggested as to why some think its poo, I for one do not. I see a great investment. Players just don't know the long term it brings. So I want a SB - 10 Fen, just finding one seems to be hard, but then again i have not look at the auction, nor do I have the PED. So Hopefully I will be able to acquire that knife sometime in game.

Ok well if that’s the one you want I wish you luck with your acquisition. I would avoid the one on auction and look for one at around 6k max. One of these sellers will break eventually.

Dpp is simply damage per pec. The cost of dealing damage.
Higher dpp means you can fit more mob kills into the same ped budget. More chances at looting a rare item.

If an archon sword is too much for you (or even hero’s sword), the first major sword in that chain is the philospher’s sword. It’s a good cheap option at least to get some decent eff. and dpp at low level.

The thing with this baby level gear like sb-10 fen is you skill up so fast at these levels that you outgrow in no time at all and then you have to get rid of it to upgrade or lock yourself into a low cycle lifestyle forever (maybe thats fine, depend on your goal), it's better imo to target a mid level UL weapon and skill up to it using good L stuff or affordable ul stuff like the NI sword philo/archon etc.

Edit another thing to consider is high efficiency is better TT return, for estimates sakes assume +*0.07 tt return per point but if your weapon isnt using ammo and you have to sell shrapnel thats gonna hurt your overall return as is extra defense costs and depending how you hunt your dps will also be lower than stats suggest due to time running between mobs so while melee i think can still be a good choice they tend to be a bit worse than they look on paper or in the weapon comapre tool compared to other gear.

Good day! I saw an announcement that this unlimited knife SB-10 FEN is being rented. It might make sense to rent it first and try it out. And then decide whether you need it or not.

No offense- but if you're not familiar with the term DPP, you really shouldn't be looking at spending tons of PED on an UL weapon. I would highly recommend you spend some time grinding ArMatrix SB or LB (L) blades and jump into the UL weapon world when skills and knowledge levels are ready for it.

Last edited:
Back