Mentor Family Tree

Arch

Old Alpha
Drake Bad Lands
I thought it would be a cool idea if someone would create a mentor family tree so we could trace our mentor/ disciple lineage through time.... what do you think?

Would be fun to see.
But MA would have to make it, or it'll never be more than a few disconnected very small groups of avatars.

Trees have branches. Individuals have 2 parents which create the branches in family trees.
Mentorship is linear.

Just make a website like ancester.com and people can go there and list their mentor and their disciples, eventually the tree will become filled in.

MA has their hands full creating the next big bug that costs everyone PED, they have no time for added features like this.

Trees have branches. Individuals have 2 parents which create the branches in family trees.
Mentorship is linear.

not when you mentor more than one person

Sounds fun, though I will feel sad being an orphan (never had a mentor) :)

Sounds fun, though I will feel sad being an orphan (never had a mentor) :)

Me neither and nor have I mentored. We can be sad together :hug: :laugh:

Just make a website like ancester.com and people can go there and list their mentor and their disciples, eventually the tree will become filled in.
Yeah, and how many will do that? 10 people? 100? Useless.

Yeah, and how many will do that? 10 people? 100? Useless.

It is only as useless as people that use it, entropiawiki.com is 100% managed by player participation, same with entropialife.com. If you can find a way to make people use it, that's the trick, just making it and posting once about it, I agree very few will use it. Not to mention what kinds of good value would the community get out of doing this? If there is no community value like both the above listed sites provide, yes it would be pretty useless to spend time to implement because lack of participation.

But also why would MA do this type of thing? It would be pointless as well for them to add it to appease those same 10 people that would support a player done effort.

Just think about it. If you can't see my point, draw it.

To be technical...

A phylogenetic tree (relational, hierarchical) with one input per sub-type as opposed to a family tree (genetic, hierarchical) where each has two inputs per sub-type.

Much of a muchness - but there is a difference.

My tree extends thus far: James Bling Cash -> Chaz -> Steve Hitch

It is only as useless as people that use it, entropiawiki.com is 100% managed by player participation, same with entropialife.com. If you can find a way to make people use it, that's the trick, just making it and posting once about it, I agree very few will use it. Not to mention what kinds of good value would the community get out of doing this? If there is no community value like both the above listed sites provide, yes it would be pretty useless to spend time to implement because lack of participation.

But also why would MA do this type of thing? It would be pointless as well for them to add it to appease those same 10 people that would support a player done effort.
Agree.
But unlike wiki, very few people know who mentored who, apart from those directly involved, so you need way higher % of participation. (Maybe except for a few famous people we all know about)

Also agree that MA won't do this, since there's no profit in it for them, and they have more important things to spend they time on.

But it would have been fun to see, if it could be done one way or another.

Back