FYI: Mentoring and Disciples support case - Confirmation it will return!

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
I opened a support case and I thought I would share it with you so you won't need to bother sending in your own:

2009-09-03 18:08 You wrote:

As a mentor I would like to enquire about the future of the mentoring system. Will it ever return. What do I do if a disciple graduates before the system returns (if it returns)? Would I still be able to recieve a mentor gift?

Also I am mentoring a new player who desperately needs help since obviously there are fewer people willing to help newbies when there is no system in place for them to get a return.

Since I am helping a newbie who I am not able to add as a disciple would I be able to add them when the system returns even if their levels are too high? The newbie wants to be my disciple.

I think that it was a bad move to be rid of the mentoring system with the new cryengine 2 potentially bringing more new players than ever before.

Also please could you add a General Enquiries Catagory under the In-World Area, I was surprised there wasn't one.

---------------------------------------------------------

2009-09-04 15:52 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding General Enquiries, we have forwarded it to the appropiate team for evaluation.

As far as the mentor system goes it will indeed return. The participants that were disciples before VU10 will continue to accumulate their points and mentors of participants that reach their level will receive their gifts once the Mentor system is reintroduced.

If something is not mentioned in the content list, FAQ or release announcement, it will not be released in VU10.0, 10.1 or 10.2. Unfortunately we do not have any more information than that at the current time, but please stay tuned to the News section of our homepage for future information regarding this system.

For more information please refer to the FAQ section on the web site. http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2009/08/17/4196/index.xml

We thank you for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

+rep for posting this info. I had asked this a while back, and on one seemed to recall hearing about when it will return.

You would think a company that wants new players would make this one of the first things introduced...but I guess thats just standard MA.

thx for posting :D
+rep for the useful info :)

Thanks alot for the info! ^ is my disciple.

Yeah I submitted a support case too, though a bit more hostile, lol.

I mean, you'd think with the new CE2, you would attract a lot more people to your game, and consequently, a lot more new players. And with all these new players, you'd need experienced players to teach them. I understand that they put in the guide program for this reason but a guide is not the same thing as a mentor. I have 3 unofficial disciples right now who are holding back on doing things because they have graduating skills at 20 points. And all the while, mentoring isn't set to come out even in update 10.2.

Ridiculous. MA needs to get their priorities straight.

This should have never happen. MA want new blood in the game but no one could mentor them. I know we could supply some help but its not the same when a disciple could see its progress. MA might lose some good peoples because of this. Hope that MA will do the right thing and fix that a soon as possible. Let's try to keep good potential peoples in game. MA will win in the end if peoples stay.

+ rep

Speaking from a newbies perspective it would be very nice to have a mentor, I have questions piling up on themselves, but not having one isn't a deal breaker. I can see how it might be for lesser mortals though, I agree, bad call by MA not to have mentoring in game from day one of CE2. Same with sweating IMO.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering what will happen as I may graduate before mentoring returns

Back