Merp Wool or are they all bald now

SisterG

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Since the new VU I cannot get any merp wool from the hairy butt creatures, is it just me and the usual bad luck or bald merps in general. (Ive killed all sorts from young to stalker/prowler, bah humbug nothing, last week me and hubby slaughtered around 150+ stalker/prowler merps for diddly squat).

Also thin wool, not got any off snables for months, atrox only drop it once in a blue moon and now the umbranoids have gone on holiday, are there any other critters that drop thin wool?

:rolleyes: I just wanna loot things I need to craft, dont want notes, statues or pulsating balls and Im not even gonna start on missing animal skins :mad:

Gonna have a coffee now and sulk.

Since the new VU I cannot get any merp wool from the hairy butt creatures, is it just me and the usual bad luck or bald merps in general. (Ive killed all sorts from young to stalker/prowler, bah humbug nothing, last week me and hubby slaughtered around 150+ stalker/prowler merps for diddly squat).

Also thin wool, not got any off snables for months, atrox only drop it once in a blue moon and now the umbranoids have gone on holiday, are there any other critters that drop thin wool?

:rolleyes: I just wanna loot things I need to craft, dont want notes, statues or pulsating balls and Im not even gonna start on missing animal skins :mad:

Gonna have a coffee now and sulk.

Well its not alot but I managed to get some merp wool just yesterday when I was out hunting.. just a single one.. and I had some thin woll recently as well, but damned if I can remember from what mob.. all I know is I made some thread from it...gl to you tho

I got merp wool last weekend at CND (was taming snable stalkers in dome 5 and those pesky rats kept getting in the way). I got about half a dozen wools IIRC.

Also still getting plenty of thin wool from the troxies.

Sorry, just realised I was absolutely no use at all to you! :laugh:

JC

Thanks for the replies, guess its just a bad luck stage.
I might give up on merps for now and let their hair grow, I'll keep up with the atrox, at least I can stock up on wood and get a bit of thin wool in the process.
Fingers crossed the umbranoids will be off holiday soon, maybe wearing sombraros :D

I would say that the drop of merp wool would be much the same like the drop rate for gradivore wool. you usually have to get a bigger size loot (say +7 ped) in order to get a gradivore wool so maybe the same theory holds for merps

I've had one merp wool since the VU - but then again, I've only been hunting once at Orthos since the VU.
And I got 18 thin wool (and 35 wool) off a M Snable Guardian yesterday.

On average though, it does seem that less is dropping.

I got 6 Merp wool on a short hunt a few days ago. Mostly they were the higher maturities NW of TI.

You can also get Thin Wool from Warriors. They drop it quite often.

I have been gettin normal merp wool drops. :silly2:

You can also get Thin Wool from Warriors. They drop it quite often.

Now that's weird! Furry robots.

Maybe they go round collecting it off thorny bushes or something? Somehow I just can't picture a group of Warriors sitting there knitting and gossiping about the neighbours :D

Back