Merry Mayhem 2015 Results - Free For All Category

Lesson 1 in Parenting 101: Never create a rule that you can't enforce.
It doesn't work with kids, and doesn't work anywhere else either. :wise:

Right, if MA could enforce their own rules and make them clear also for kids we would not be here discussing issues.

2.1. Entropia Universe Account:... it clearly states 'YOUR account must be UNIQUELY associated with YOUR activity in the Universe.'

Brick

2.1. Entropia Universe Account

You can only join an Entropia Universe Planet by creating an Entropia Universe Account that is uniquely associated with Your participation (“Account”). When applying for an Entropia Universe Account You will be asked to fill in a simple form (see below under paragraph 3.1 Account Application and Registration).

To complete the Account registration process, You have to choose a password ("Password") and a username ("Username") (together referred to as “Login Details”), which, subject to MindArk’s approval, will provide You with an access to the Entropia Universe Account that You have registered.

You may only register one Account.

An approved Account will allow You to use the Entropia Universe Starting Area.

An approved Account and a verified e-mail address (see below under paragraph 3.1 Account Application and Registration) will allow You to log into the Entropia Universe Planets. Here, You will be able to interact and exchange Virtual Items with other Participants and/or Non-Participant Character (a.k.a. NPC).

Within the Entropia Universe You will appear as an "Avatar", a virtual persona/alter-ego. Your use of the Entropia Universe Account and all Your activities within Entropia Universe through the Account are regulated by this ToU and related Policies.

Amusingly enough, it doesn't say that at all - not anywhere in that clause :lolup:

And thanks for your post Alexis, I think your interpretion of 'uniquely associated' is probably the correct one.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'll also say for the record that noone else has ever used my account.
Unless you count my brother, when he was going through a '3D graphics' phase a while back, who I let move my avatar to stand around looking at walls and cliff faces and such, while he muttered stuff about 'light sources' and 'shaders' and 'rendering' and so on.... :silly2:

:D

Right, if MA could enforce their own rules and make them clear also for kids we would not be here discussing issues.

:laugh:

Brick

ok...

Brick: 2.1. Entropia Universe Account:... it clearly states 'YOUR account must be UNIQUELY associated with YOUR activity in the Universe.'

MA: You can ONLY join an Entropia Universe Planet by creating an Entropia Universe Account that is UNIQUELY ASSOCIATED with Your PARTICIPATION (“Account”). When applying for an Entropia Universe Account You will be asked to fill in a simple form (see below under paragraph 3.1 Account Application and Registration).
Amusingly enough, it doesn't say that at all - not anywhere in that clause :lolup:

And thanks for your post Alexis, I think your interpretion of 'uniquely associated' is probably the correct one.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'll also say for the record that noone else has ever used my account.
Unless you count my brother, when he was going through a '3D graphics' phase a while back, who I let move my avatar to stand around looking at walls and cliff faces and such, while he muttered stuff about 'light sources' and 'shaders' and 'rendering' and so on.... :silly2:

...well spoken...substitute activity for participation and tada...it does...sorry for the confusion. But nice try anyway. Geesh what a struggle. If you can define the relevant difference between activity and participation that makes your point valid...I'm listening...

Brick

If you can define the relevant difference between activity and participation that makes your point valid...I'm listening...

Brick

Participation is making a choice to engage in an activity, with choice being the most important distinction. An activity describes an active state, or the possibility of one - the participation prerequisite.

Notice how ("Account") is repeated after "participation." Mindark is establishing clearly the idea that you are going to connect to Entropia Universe with an avatar, dissimilar to any other, with an account that you create, and that this is the only way to enter the game. Boom. Done. Merry Christmas. One's activities within the game, however, are governed by many other subsequent terms.

Happy New Year!

Participation is making a choice to engage in an activity, with choice being the most important distinction. An activity describes an active state, or the possibility of one - the participation prerequisite.

Notice how ("Account") is repeated after "participation." Mindark is establishing clearly the idea that you are going to connect to Entropia Universe with an avatar, dissimilar to any other, with an account that you create, and that this is the only way to enter the game. Boom. Done. Merry Christmas. One's activities within the game, however, are governed by many other subsequent terms.

...hardly...So if you are in the stands and make the decision or choose to engage in a game of football you are participating: the fact of taking part, as in some action or attempt? ...If your son was made a decision to play soccer and you signed him up for soccer but her never goes to a game and midway through the season someone asks you,"Is your son participating in soccer?" what would you say? Not until there is some activity associated with that decision are you participating...your definition is skewed to your point...participation IS engaging in activity its in the dictionary don't trust me...

"Account" is repeated after participation as is typical of legal documents to reference the fact that heretoafter this clause/arrangement/agreement about your participation/activity will be referred to as "Account".

..and then in bold you countered your own assertion by saying MA is establishing the idea that you are going to connect to EU with an avatar DISSIMILAR to any other(unique) with an account that you create and that is the ONLY(i.e. unique) way to enter the game." :dunce:

But one's activities AND/OR participation however you want to describe it is governed by many other rules. That part you got right. Yay for you! Wrap it up and stick it under your tree! Cuz Santa dropped one off late.:laugh:

Brick

IIRC, MA has answered support tickets and said that sharing avas is not against the EULA. Why not submit a ticket and ask them?

Say, anyone know who won Merry Mayhem this year?

IIRC, MA has answered support tickets and said that sharing avas is not against the EULA. Why not submit a ticket and ask them?

How dare you come into this thread with your simple solutions? The nerve... :)

produce one...

...i've never in all the discussions on PCF seen such a response produced or even discussed. Point me to such a document and I will gladly read it. In the meantime...

Brick

produce one...

...i've never in all the discussions on PCF seen such a response produced or even discussed. Point me to such a document and I will gladly read it. In the meantime...

Brick

A long time ago I had a friend who wanted to play EU. When he quit he said I could use his avatar. I sent a support case asking if this was against the rules. The response was basically that anyone can use someone's account, but the account holder is still liable for any actions done on the avatar.

The discussion went several pages.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...for-letting-others-Play-on-your-account/page2

As many players do not like advantage or difference in big events like MM or in past Gold Rush I suggested 2 MM events for next year - one for shared avatars and one for (normal) non shared avatars.
I did fatal error to mention event rules witch could bring even more issues as Serica observed:
Lesson 1 in Parenting 101: Never create a rule that you can't enforce.
It doesn't work with kids, and doesn't work anywhere else either. :wise:

So lets retry without mentioning any rule, rules headache we left for developers.
Well some sarcasm is needed too.

Two MM events with a warning:

1. Shared avatars MM - Warning: If you have real life and you don't have 2 or 3 friends to run an play your avatar in time you sleep, you are at work, with family and having other RL obligations - you don't have any chance to win.
So think twice about. You are still welcome to participate and fill loot pol for winners.

2. This is MM event for non shared avatars.
Because of fact that we cant enforce certain rules we are 90% sure that you are already banned, its just that you do not know it jet.
We will put big effort to make playing enjoyable for the rest of player base.
After all we understand that we need happy customers or happy players to provide revenue in EU.

As many players do not like advantage or difference in big events like MM or in past Gold Rush I suggested 2 MM events for next year - one for shared avatars and one for (normal) non shared avatars.
I did fatal error to mention event rules witch could bring even more issues as Serica observed:

So lets retry without mentioning any rule, rules headache we left for developers.
Well some sarcasm is needed too.

Two MM events with a warning:

1. Shared avatars MM - Warning: If you have real life and you don't have 2 or 3 friends to run an play your avatar in time you sleep, you are at work, with family and having other RL obligations - you don't have any chance to win.
So think twice about. You are still welcome to participate and fill loot pol for winners.

2. This is MM event for non shared avatars.
Because of fact that we cant enforce certain rules we are 90% sure that you are already banned, its just that you do not know it jet.
We will put big effort to make playing enjoyable for the rest of player base.
After all we understand that we need happy customers or happy players to provide revenue in EU.

For the 2. Mayhem: what if i dont share my Avatar with my Wife for this period of 40 hours during your 2nd Mayhem?!?
40 Hours are not so difficult to handle solo.

I think its clearly stated by MA that sharing a Avatar is allowed.
So why discuss more about it?

After each Mayhem someone is pissed (me also) and ppl looking for a reason to relieve their frustrations.
Maybe its also an attempt to induce MA to change some rules or even the style of Mayhems.
But what i've never understood is why MA removed soloprizes for each categorie, noobs never had a chance.

But as we all know, if changes comes, ppl will also not be happy with that :lolup::lolup::lolup:

Last edited:
Whoever wrote that ticket was in error. As it states it is inadvisable but allowed. As also stated in the ToS. Fucking READ THE TOS there is no debate here.

:d:d:d:d:d

Whoever wrote that ticket was in error. As it states it is inadvisable but allowed. As also stated in the ToS. Fucking READ THE TOS there is no debate here.
:lolup: (AVATAR SHARER)

...This is EXACTLY what I expected from my post. :laugh: And from one of the people who it would be expected to come from. What IS perfectly clear is what support said about sharing an avatar. The only thing else that is perfectly clear is how ignorant some people are. So I guess it was better that all the naysayers kept quiet than to speak up. Just shows your ignorance.:dunce:

Now whether MA can police it is a whole different question.

Brick

Last edited:

Yes actually there is much debate on this issue in the poorly written ToS. Quit lying to us.

So I guess it was better that all the naysayers kept quiet than to speak up.

I could only say so much on the subject before I begin to repeat myself. The longer a discussion like this continues, the further from the original point of interest it moves.

Now whether MA can police it is a whole different question.

Brick

Which is why it is not worthwhile to enforce, even if it were a rule. It is far simpler to settle issues that occur within the game than it is to regulate players outside of it.

Back