Merry Mayhem 2017 Full Details

I really suggest all people who attend the event take 1 day break- go do your usual stuff and let them fix the bugs.
We have all the time to finish the event after all

It is pay to win game after all :)

10% luck, 90% visa and you got a winner!

The hard part on the above is to prove it.
Until then leave it as it is presented by Mindark.

The hard part on the above is to prove it.
Until then leave it as it is presented by Mindark.

I'm not sure how hard it is to prove.

With money you can:

Buy the skills required to use the best guns.
Buy the best guns.
Buy the best armor.
Buy the best rings.
Buy the buffs needed.
Buy the best computer needed.

One thing you can't buy is less lag I guess LOLOL

With money you can:

Buy the best guns.
Buy the best armor.
Buy the best rings.
Buy the buffs needed.

One thing you can't buy is less lag I guess LOLOL

Buy the skills required to use the best guns.Ok so that means nothing
Buy the best guns.so you protect more again not enough
Buy the best rings.same as above
Buy the buffs needed.same as above
Buy the best computer needed.same as above
One thing you can't buy is less lag I guess LOLOL.You are wrong.If you actually want to buy less lag you move to sweden and play the whole event from an internet cafe where everything works properly.Its what I WOULD DO if all the other resources I have tried fail and the prize motivate me enough.
You tried but not enough.Leave it as it is.
There is no standard formula that guarantee you a win even less for you to represent it as 10% luck 90% visa.
What you were trying to say is that you have MORE chances to win if you follow the above mentioned.

With money you can:

Buy the best guns.
Buy the best armor.
Buy the best rings.
Buy the buffs needed.
This is the way the world has worked since the dawn of time.
Survival of the fittest or in this case richest. This doesn't prove anything.

As long as MA doesn't start adding UL sib items on webshop (strongboxes are dangerously close to pay to win, but not enough).

Imo either terminator should have higher lvl requirement, or make it restricted in all events for the last category. That should level out the playing field some.

Dear Mind Ark,

I'm curious to know where do you recruit your developers from ... considering recent Mayhem Solo instances, I'm genuinely amazed and totally (negatively) impressed of their work ..

Putting aside the horrible lag affecting most of the player base, I wonder ... what does that Mayhem Solo setup has to do with Christmas theme ? Why does the boss feels like a copy paste of a warlock mob ? Why does the mob attack you when you're closer than 50m ? (some friends with ranged weaps that needed an edge ? :p ) Why the boss continues to shot energy balls at you up to 150m ? (other "friends" with good armor that need an edge ? :p) Why is the boss shield randomly affected by the earth quake ? Why is that damn earth quake effect in place at all ?? ( back to "friends" with good ranged weaps Q :p) Why sometimes the instance will close after you kill the boss and have another mob almost dead ??
All in all I wonder ... do you get some government incentives for hiring/keeping these devs ? I, for one, ain't used to pay for copy paste and sloppy work ... and while is obvious you run several friendly and praising account on this forum that will surely comment on the above, I'd like to point out there are plenty of good devs in East Europe or India that you can hire to sort out this absolute mess ... unless you're already down to this level - then everything is lost :laugh:
I'm trying not to rant, but, when in my ctg my best time. using best armor and gear I can handle, is 4 times higher than the leading time, is hard not to think of exploits and inside trading ... and No! I'm not running for any prizes - REALLY! just observing how things look from a regular player's perspective ...
Sad ... so sad to see what EU has become in latest years ... a pay to almost random win game full of bugs and copy paste mistakes where player base are treated as beta testers and some "special" ones get lucky due to lack of lag and most likely close ties with dev team ... :(
Once again, if nothing else, the universe wide lag should prompt you to take drastic measures ...

And lag back :scratch2: Was good friday/saturday. And now its rly bad. FFA1 mobs flying and MM hogglo event is lag to :(

Dear Mind Ark,

I'm curious to know where do you recruit your developers from ... [/COLOR][/B]

I've asked myself the same question and honestly I have no idea.I would risk a lifetime ban if I'd share my thoughts.
The feedback we are getting is one that lead you to several conclusions:
None of them play the game (and by that I mean with tools we all are playing not with official ones doing stuff they can't understand the issues avatars are dealing with from level 1 to you name it)
None of them spend time and actually listen to what most people complain about and put it down to a paper to improve the situation.
I might be wrong in the above said or my expectation from playing other games in the past and analyze the differences is like incomparable when it comes to relation between developer and customer.I said that because its not an alpha product even though it looks like one but they always when they have the opportunity post the total investment into this game which is an astronomical amount compared to the results we are experiencing.
The lag that currently bother most of the people should be a reason Mindark should continuously apologize on forums on a daily basis and refund in every way possible affected avatars who constantly support the game throughout harsh condition.
All events are copy pasted and I might be wrong but all of them had problems they had to fix before or after, none of them went smooth without major complains.
I can give you some credit for the new MM instance solo.I think you've spent more time than usual on this one.
I think the core problem of event has been touched.It doesn't mean its perfect but its an improvement overall if I don't bring the bugs and lags in this discussion.
I like the most between others the boss now have a protective shield you have to do something in order to loot it.This will prevent 90% of player base (yes I've exaggerated) to stay afk until it gets spawned to loot it and afk until the next one so keep in mind thats really a good way of working all the other things to prevent such gameplay.
The game is amazing but I can't say the same about their developers (I've anticipated some further comments in which people will say I will quit the game and I am not pleased).

Buy the skills required to use the best guns.Ok so that means nothing
Buy the best guns.so you protect more again not enough
Buy the best rings.same as above
Buy the buffs needed.same as above
Buy the best computer needed.same as above
One thing you can't buy is less lag I guess LOLOL.You are wrong.If you actually want to buy less lag you move to sweden and play the whole event from an internet cafe where everything works properly.Its what I WOULD DO if all the other resources I have tried fail and the prize motivate me enough.
You tried but not enough.Leave it as it is.
There is no standard formula that guarantee you a win even less for you to represent it as 10% luck 90% visa.
What you were trying to say is that you have MORE chances to win if you follow the above mentioned.

What I am trying to say is that everything is attainable with sufficient cash influx from a player. To be fair that's how they advertised the game in some sense.

If I had a 100k USD to put into the game, I could probably buy the Terminator and the skills to use it, a set of armor to go with it easily, as an example.

I am having a hard time finding an argument for the other side, that this is somehow NOT a pay to win game :).

What I am trying to say is that everything is attainable with sufficient cash influx from a player. To be fair that's how they advertised the game in some sense.

If I had a 100k USD to put into the game, I could probably buy the Terminator and the skills to use it, a set of armor to go with it easily, as an example.

I am having a hard time finding an argument for the other side, that this is somehow NOT a pay to win game :).

Looks you did not get it so I repeat.Money is NOT ENOUGH to guarantee win period.
Its what you've understood from how the game advertise.Show me where developers said it in the same manner you are putting it.Its your personal experience that lead you to believe it in such manner.Please don't force me to believe it because I don't share the same thoughts.If you care to search for information and analyze the history of events winners not always had the best of you you presented earlier so that's a fact you can't deny which makes your statement not true.
If you had 100k you might not have been playing this game.Things change radically when you are in front of the situation.You are just thinking now with the mentality of not having the 100k but you never had it as you suggested to convince us you would have invested in the above said.
I like that you can dream about items.Good thing.

Looks you did not get it so I repeat.Money is NOT ENOUGH to guarantee win period.

Naturally. That is because there are others who are also paying to win. Pay-to-win doesn't mean you have to win if you pay, it simply implies that you cannot win unless you pay.

@ Messi. No you are probably right, they don't specifically state that the game is pay to win, but...

What in the gameplay can you not buy with money? Perhaps if you answer this question, I will understand, but so far, I have not heard you say anything about how buying items with cash wouldn't give you a pretty significant advantage compared to any other player...

I'm not saying that I don't enjoy playing this game even with its flaws, but I'm still not hearing you state any specifics about the game where money doesn't give you a pretty radical edge in winning events etc. At least with respect to hunting.

Now the player has to be smart I guess with his money, but barring the fact that the person is a bit of an idiot, a player with average intelligence and can tell what items they need to use to win events, I do not see how they wouldn't have an advantage if they have the means to buy the weapons that they need.

Let's also take a look at FFA Mayhem. You can literally buy stars with peds to win lol. Not that this is a bad thing, it provides some money to they players grinding the stars, but if you want to win FFA, you buy stars.

@ Messi. No you are probably right, they don't specifically state that the game is pay to win, but...

What in the gameplay can you not buy with money? Perhaps if you answer this question, I will understand, but so far, I have not heard you say anything about how buying items with cash wouldn't give you a pretty significant advantage compared to any other player...

I'm not saying that I don't enjoy playing this game even with its flaws, but I'm still not hearing you state any specifics about the game where money doesn't give you a pretty radical edge in winning events etc. At least with respect to hunting.

You can do a lot with no money.However you judge the situation from the point of winning the game.Now the story is different.You want to achieve something.Input according to your expectation is demanded.Questions arise.Are you going to take action?Will the risk reward you?Are you good enough to compete with others?Whats your strongest point and how can you take advantage of that?How well do you know your adversary?and billion of other questions(yes I've exaggerated again)
I am not going to give you specific advice whats best for you or others because I never do that.When its the case I might disclose what I'm doing but it doesn't mean it might apply to someone else.
You know whats best for you and if you in the process of learning you will search for the information leading you to a win.No one will serve you that on a table just like that.
If the feeling of obtaining the win doesn't come from inside no one will teach you that.Its the dream and desire for it.I guess the opposite are excuses.

There are many ways to win the game. In the old days I used to buy an unlimited weapon whenever I globalled, used the tt up, and throw it in storage. It was sort of a savings account. Then came the Clds. I sold all my guns and items and gear, deposited some more to get 100 of those. I let them accumulate and bought a new one whenever I could.
Later I converted a lot of Cld into Auds when they were still 48 peds. then they sold out and rose to 70 ped each.
I bought a landarea with the risen Auds.
I sold most of my CLD/Landarea/Auds now and have a good study fund for both my kids and I am buying a car with some recent withdrawals.
I guess if I had put the 100k ped into gear to hunt.. I would have lost a lot of ped, because I know I am not the guy that wins events. So Messi is right. it's not all about the money. It's about having a winner mentality and having the capacity to put all else aside to get the prize. I am a family man with a wife and two kids. I value that above all else.
I did one MM seriously and got 25th prize. I am content with that.

Hello all and merry Christmas.

First of all, let me get this right. You can only do max 20% of boss´s max HP right?
So to kill the boss, and also be qualified for a time at the scoreboard, you need to kill:

100 merry daiks, 5 elite hisp and 1 boss.

I am in Category 7, and the best score there is 15 min :eyecrazy:

And i have been going over this a bit and how the hell is it possible?
Its a total of 190020 HP you need to do in 15 min.
wich is 211,13 dmg/sec. Not MA´s Base dmg, but real dmg/s.

Cheers

Full buffs, enhancers and dps someone in cat 7 can do about 220 dps, so while 15 is damn close to a perfect run it is very achievable.

Full buffs, enhancers and dps someone in cat 7 can do about 220 dps, so while 15 is damn close to a perfect run it is very achievable.

bc80 seems to have exactly 98 max dps so the maximum possible. at tier 10 with full dmg enhancers and a rage 50 (max possible amp) and 5% FB, 20% Reload and 50% crit damage it gets 224 real dps (according to weapon compare tool on entropedia)
i think with new pills the buffs could get a tiny bit higher but thats pretty much a perfect scenario

I like the most between others the boss now have a protective shield you have to do something in order to loot it.This will prevent 90% of player base (yes I've exaggerated) to stay afk until it gets spawned to loot it and afk until the next one so keep in mind thats really a good way of working all the other things to prevent such gameplay.
The game is amazing but I can't say the same about their developers (I've anticipated some further comments in which people will say I will quit the game and I am not pleased).

1)Yes..thats was also my thinking..but i personally had also some bugs in there when the shield is like only 10 seconds down after finishing a hispidus..(and no i cant do the 20%hp in 10 seconds xD)...->so i had to get a 6th hisp or even a 7th one

I would have put it in another way ..like killing 100 daik with counter, then kill like 5 hisp with counter..then you can shoot the boss ALL down in one try...

also there were some mobs hiding between the stones and some other things..thats could be look ed at imo...

2) also yes from other post....sometimes it really looks like the devs dont know anything about the game nor playing with the problems a lvl 1 ava has ..or the matching ava in 1 category has....i find this very sad bec so the things cant match together really

Eddie

1)Yes..thats was also my thinking..but i personally had also some bugs in there when the shield is like only 10 seconds down after finishing a hispidus..(and no i cant do the 20%hp in 10 seconds xD)...->so i had to get a 6th hisp or even a 7th one

I would have put it in another way ..like killing 100 daik with counter, then kill like 5 hisp with counter..then you can shoot the boss ALL down in one try...

also there were some mobs hiding between the stones and some other things..thats could be look ed at imo...

2) also yes from other post....sometimes it really looks like the devs dont know anything about the game nor playing with the problems a lvl 1 ava has ..or the matching ava in 1 category has....i find this very sad bec so the things cant match together really

Eddie

I don't think they have developed the solo instance for grind purpose to solve the problem you are referring to.That would be a separate job and we are already asking them too much.
Anyway its still an improvement and I hope others will follow.

Hello all and merry Christmas.

First of all, let me get this right. You can only do max 20% of boss´s max HP right?
So to kill the boss, and also be qualified for a time at the scoreboard, you need to kill:

100 merry daiks, 5 elite hisp and 1 boss.

I am in Category 7, and the best score there is 15 min :eyecrazy:

And i have been going over this a bit and how the hell is it possible?
Its a total of 190020 HP you need to do in 15 min.
wich is 211,13 dmg/sec. Not MA´s Base dmg, but real dmg/s.

Cheers

It's relatively easy to get 3x base dmg
Add pill buffs to boost over 3.5

spent the + rep already from before on the physical violence hint, however this on the developers I do appreciate
None of them play the game (and by that I mean with tools we all are playing not with official ones doing stuff they can't understand the issues avatars are dealing with from level 1 to you name it)
None of them spend time and actually listen to what most people complain about and put it down to a paper to improve the situation.
I might be wrong in the above said or my expectation from playing other games in the past and analyze the differences is like incomparable when it comes to relation between developer and customer.I said that because its not an alpha product even though it looks like one but they always when they have the opportunity post the total investment into this game which is an astronomical amount compared to the results we are experiencing.
The lag that currently bother most of the people should be a reason Mindark should continuously apologize on forums on a daily basis and refund in every way possible affected avatars who constantly support the game throughout harsh condition.
All events are copy pasted and I might be wrong but all of them had problems they had to fix before or after, none of them went smooth without major complains.
I can give you some credit for the new MM instance solo.I think you've spent more time than usual on this one.
I think the core problem of event has been touched.It doesn't mean its perfect but its an improvement overall if I don't bring the bugs and lags in this discussion.

Everyone makes some good points here.

I’m not sure how fair it is to host any competition where the game engine and lag are so broken the competition isn’t even on level ground anymore. Gear aside, EU is entirely broken the last 4-5 months... apart from a survey and some “hardware upgrades” MA seems to have abandoned a fix. I recall a post where Charlie said the issue is “related to the engine of entropia universe as a whole” which is kinda fucked up. Based on that statement MA can rework a game engine or abandon loot 2.0 to reduce stressors on the system.

Regardless, it’s disapponting that MA is doing nothing to compensate players for loss of money and entertainment and that people continue to play at the same rate. I don’t think any of us would collectively “stop playing” to force MA to implement some changes or fixes, but they do need to understand that us players won’t tolerate this much longer.

And to the developer issue, I have no idea where MA gets their developers but they hardly seem qualified. I have no educational experience or training and even I can comprehend how easy it would be to “fix” something and yet nothing is ever done. Instead we get the same copy-paste content releases that MA uses to fluff their revenue.

Events such as MM should have been postponed until the game is playable. I don’t hunt, so I can’t understnad fully, but holy fuck do I feel bad for you hunters.

it isnt the current reason for our lag problem, but welcome to what neutered NET NEUTRALITY will feel like, unless you pay $$$ for premium service...

you have a taste of the future now. make up your mind!

I try some MM solo instance and personally I do not like it too much :(,
- already because unplayable in very high oblige to go into low
-daikiba mob ... a little imagination there are many other monsters much more fun and rarely hunt to put in (hispidus not bad idea)
- otherwise good idea with the boss even if some details are still missing

anyone sharing the damage type for MM

I seem to need help figuring the damage type for MM,
My armor must need changing, I haven't killed the boss yet.
After 4 3hr. tries. :handgun:

Regardless, it’s disapponting that MA is doing nothing to compensate players for loss of money and entertainment and that people continue to play at the same rate. I don’t think any of us would collectively “stop playing” to force MA to implement some changes or fixes, but they do need to understand that us players won’t tolerate this much longer.

You contradict yourself here buds. When you say people won't collectively "stop playing" then what MA understands is that the addiction is too strong and will not go away soon. All they need to do is put some prize drop and everyone with lag will login despite all issues. Greed is a motivator which MA know motivates 99.99% of the EU population. People say they will not tolerate this and that but i have not seen and likely will never see anything implemented on that front which will make a difference either to MA or most of EU population.

And to the developer issue, I have no idea where MA gets their developers but they hardly seem qualified. I have no educational experience or training and even I can comprehend how easy it would be to “fix” something and yet nothing is ever done. Instead we get the same copy-paste content releases that MA uses to fluff their revenue.

As you are not a developer let me tell you being one that identifying an issue and solving it are two very different ball games ( That is assuming they actually have been able to identify the issue in the first place). I did not read where they said the game engine aka cry engine itself is an issue because if that is the case, then we are looking at an effort required to correct it beyond MA's pay grade ( basically rewriting part of the code base of cry engine itself). No matter which genius on the forum thinks this is a small issue, anyone who has worked on enterprise level architecture will know it is not. Loot was broken before 2.0 and leech friendly, so no going back is not an option and i would rather deal with lag 2.0 then deal with loot 1.0

They know its bad ( assuming people must have told them so in the poll) and unless the development company ( I assume EU is outsourced as i don't see them having in house developers resource pool but i could be mistaken) can come up with a solution, there is very little people at MA can do as much as we may feel enraged about it on the forums.

Events such as MM should have been postponed until the game is playable. I don’t hunt, so I can’t understnad fully, but holy fuck do I feel bad for you hunters.

Agreed but then move to Point 1 above. I hate the fact that lag is so bad that i cannot compete without 50% of my time in the instance wasted on lag but that is ok and i will do what i can do or just go out and enjoy the vacation. I understand its frustrating and i get that we all need to vent but then i also suggest people should take a break from anything that discomforts them so very much.

Divinity

Reactions: Mac
Just re-reading the event details:

"An average Solo Mayhem run should take 20-30 minutes."

I wonder who they actually had in mind when they considered this timeframe? Certainly not me lol.

Just re-reading the event details:

"An average Solo Mayhem run should take 20-30 minutes."

I wonder who they actually had in mind when they considered this timeframe? Certainly not me lol.

"Average" means there would be both better and worse. The interval given of 20-30 minutes expresses the variance in the estimate where this average will land, not the boundaries of expected individual results.

-daikiba mob ... a little imagination there are many other monsters much more fun and rarely hunt to put in (hispidus not bad idea)

They're consistently picking woolly mobs for winter events. Makes sense, at least in the Northern hemisphere. :)

Contribution Meter

I have been reading everywhere that I can think of, and I have not been able to find any information at all about the "Contribution" Meter in the Solo MM instance. Due to HP I am in Category 4, and every time I enter the meter starts at Tier 1. I have filled it complete 100% almost every time I run the instance but I can find no changes and it never progresses to Tier 2.

So what is this thing actually for?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Back