Merry Mayhem 2019

I`d love to see the timer for Santas lil helper instance upped to 5hrs like the rest.

we need ability to purge our skills(without any compensation)

we need ability to purge our skills(without any compensation)

This, or more flexibility in the system.

But it's hard to make sure not too many uber compete in low cats. It should still be for noobs or mid players, otherwise competition is killed even before it starts.

and now I'm out my yearly job as Santas Little Helper (and the snowball fights), but happy i cant participate from ROCKtropia

Good Luck to ALL

I didn't played for a few MM's, so there is only one question: hunting only with BLP is there any chance to defeat MM Hoglo?

No Hogglo this year, or so it seems.

No Hogglo this year, or so it seems.

ok.. mb no hogglo, but the question is there any invulnerable to ranged weapons buffed mobs?

Merry Mayhem assault was my favorite event, been looking forward it since the last one.:dunno:

Information about the Christmas Ring 2019:
Equip Slot: Left Hand
Life Steal: 5%
Increased Evade Chance: 25%
Increased Dodge Chance: 25%
Increased Jamming Chance: 25%
Increased Health by 30 points
Decreased Critical Damage by 25.0 percentage points
Auto Loot within 25.0 meters

The Decreased Critical damage though. Is that a debuff to yourself making you deal less critical damage?

Merry Mayhem assault was my favorite event, been looking forward it since the last one.:dunno:

Same. It was the most fun, skill dependent and interesting. It required you to aim, to focus on buffs and debuffs, plan a strategy and best of all - put you into that competitive zone for a short time where that instance is the most heart pounding thing.

That's all gone now. Now its just boring, long grinds. With people who desire to win just running it 10-15 times to ensure they win. No skill, just mindless spamming.

nice boting ring :wtg: i want one :laugh:

The Decreased Critical damage though. Is that a debuff to yourself making you deal less critical damage?

Decreased Critical Damage = received critical damage reduced by 25%, similar to mod vigi eg

Last edited by a moderator:

yes, mobs will evade/dodge/jam 25% more often and have +30 more hp

So I'm level 64 but HP 209. Am I in cat 5 or 6?

If 6, this is biased against Melee users who have higher Health than Ranged players.

So I'm level 64 but HP 209. Am I in cat 5 or 6?

If 6, this is biased against Melee users who have higher Health than Ranged players.

I can see a newer player asking this question, but c'mon man. 13 years ingame they have been doing this the same for some years now... it's based on level alone with a soft hp cap which means as long as you stay under level 65 ( combat profession ) you are in cat 5 but have 190 max hp while in the instance.

This ring is in the new items tab on the HoF board as being found in Practice Annihilation 04, does this mean that the item is dropping in the instance from mobs and not in a box??? ( assuming of course it can still be found in a box )

This ring is in the new items tab on the HoF board as being found in Practice Annihilation 04, does this mean that the item is dropping in the instance from mobs and not in a box??? ( assuming of course it can still be found in a box )

The box was opened while in the instance.

And what are those unknown discoveries in practice sessions?

All those are rings from boxes i beleive they show up in chat log but becomes unkown in hof board.

Merry Mayhem 2019...

Any explanation as to why there's no Assault or alternative mode to the now luck based Annihilation event? Do MA want more focus on FFA for Merry Mayhem?

Any explanation as to why there's no Assault or alternative mode to the now luck based Annihilation event? Do MA want more focus on FFA for Merry Mayhem?

you read the first post right? event hasnt even started yet...and annhil in event list then (hopefully)..and ffa should be there then according to first post

"FFA Mayhem instances are accessed via the Santa's Little Helper NPCs in Fort Ithaca, Fort Zeus and Nymphtown on Planet Calypso"

All those are rings from boxes i beleive they show up in chat log but becomes unkown in hof board.

Those are boxes opened in the mayhem instance

And what are those unknown discoveries in practice sessions?

For whatever reason the hof board just can not handle items discovered/rare hofs in instances properly. Such an old bug and its still Unknown at String [blahblah]

Typically it will work ok on the specific planet the instance is on but then not load properly elsewhere.

You might want to increase the spawn rate in annihilation category 5... it is a lot of running and some hide & seek if i don't want to run out of mobs.

you read the first post right? event hasnt even started yet...and annhil in event list then (hopefully)..and ffa should be there then according to first post

"FFA Mayhem instances are accessed via the Santa's Little Helper NPCs in Fort Ithaca, Fort Zeus and Nymphtown on Planet Calypso"

Yes, read and understood the first post. My question is why there is no ASSAULT or other mode AS WELL AS Annihilation. Is MA's plan to have people focus more on FFA (which I also see there) instead of having Annihilation, Assault AND FFA?

hello, any idea when the ffa stars will get added to loot? for now nothing (in team)

Merry Mayhem 2019
Special Mission: Jul Snarg Hunt
Merry Snargs are on the rampage, and it’s up to you to keep them under control!

The Jul Snarg Hunt takes place alongside Merry Mayhem, starting December 11, 14:00 UTC and ending January 14, 14:00 UTC.

Activate the “Jul Snarg Hunt” mission by talking to the NPC Santa’s Little Helper by Port Atlantis East Gate [61614, 75294].

Merry Snargs can be found at these approximate locations:
Cape Corinth: [62243, 88026]
Chug's Hideout: [68483, 75102]
Fort Zeus: [87016, 94588]
Port Atlantis: [60657, 75774], [60525, 75267] and [60969, 75441]

Completing the mission will award an Isis LLC 2 Merry Edition (L) Laser Rifle with Increased Laser Skill Gain.

Hunting Merry Snargs will also count towards or unlock the Snarg challenge in the Codex with valuable skill rewards.

Originally posted here.

Is this repeatable? If not, it should be stated clearly that those who completed it in previous years cannot complete it again.

Back