Merry Mayhem FFA

messi91

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
Hi,

I have a few suggestions I would like to present:

-I think the current system does not encourage people to hunt FFA mobs over the regular instance.Back in the day when I grew people used to do huge team hunts so I was thinking that FFA event should be an event for teams maybe 6 players or 12 it can be any number above 6.
A team leader can form the group and whatever FFA stars are being looted they can either be automatically added to the leader's score and then at the end deal with the rest of his team mates. This way leader can change the team format if sometimes a certain player can't attend or decide he will not take part anymore or even switching the team.Merry Mayhem is a long event so I believe that some interaction between players can actually make this period to go smoother and even form some memories.

-FFA stars should not be tradable

-Add maybe some interactive mobs such as RDI lab but winter design but keep it outdoor.

* If you have any positive idea on how to incentivize ACTIVE TEAM HUNTS on a large scale such as FFA format post it here.

Thanks

I like the idea. RDI Labs are pretty cool with all the mechanics and I hope they expand on them a lot. A Mayhem FFA (team) would be just the right place, no more AFK arenas... but more team size and tactics.
Would be cool to have a more useful statistics report at the end of the runs (maybe to include cost too, not just the DPS?)

But please don't copy the Annihilation layout because it's full of collision bugs, on all versions and it doesn't seem to get any fix at all.

But non-tradeable FFA stars make the mayhem unplayable for anyone who is interested neither in competing nor in teaming.

I believe is the opposite. The current format does not incentivize FFA hunters to deposit their own stars and will incentivize traders and non active hunters to buy them.
Having active teams hunting requires you to actually move your ass and do something for you and your team.This can't be bought sitting in twin peaks afk even more its harder as non participant to buy a larger team than a non motivated individual.
I rather see random team names globalling all day in an instance where I know if you are afk you die and you lose than seeing ubers in cat2 daikiba hunting non interacting with anyone.
I like all things to be for sale in a RCE but its not the end of the world if stars are non tradable.
After all some prizes can be some cool clothing/skins/cloaks/backpacks/etc not necessarily a large amount of peds.

Last edited:
All this would do is take opportunity away from lower level / lower geared players and concentrate it even more in the hands of those with the most expensive equipment and biggest PED cards. No thanks.

All this would do is take opportunity away from lower level / lower geared players and concentrate it even more in the hands of those with the most expensive equipment and biggest PED cards. No thanks.

This is exactly what happens in the current FFA system if I am not wrong.Right now you don't even have to hunt to actually win.Ped card dictates in the current FFA system.If you were to argue at least in my suggestion you actually have to hunt to achieve something which is the fundamental way to express your interest in a hunting event.
No matter how you put it Ped card is important in any activity in the hunting profession in this game and motivating those with no peds in a large event is plain wrong.You can't have growth with no investing or close to zero spendings.Events by its nature are competitive and that requires their participants to push themselves from any standpoint.
Also events are not mandatory, players can choose if they are willing to participate or not, for anyone else we have practice afk annihilation or regular mobs.

The only Mayhem that I participate and enjoy is Merry Event farming stars to sell later. I enjoy the freedom of it plus the little reward from selling stars at the end. In a full year with at least 4 Mayhem this is the only one that I participate.

You gotta catch them (markup) all!

The thing that interest me most in Merry Mayhem is FFA and only solo. Forced team hunts would force me to stay out of that.
Would prolly do the other instance at my level for the LOLs, but would definately not spent those 5-7K PEDS in FFA like the other years.
Some may have forgotten that FFA was made so that those who do not want to team do not have to and give them at least some minor rewards.
Turning it again in a "best equipped team wins all" does not sound good to me.

But non-tradeable FFA stars make the mayhem unplayable for anyone who is interested neither in competing nor in teaming.
Just the fact that it would give a big stop to the usual bot-farming-hunters I would +Rep the idea. Low lev players can start teaming up with higher lev players just like it used to be in the old days

I find it interesting how some prefer soloing in this multiplayer game - I too play solo most of the time, but mainly because there's really no point in teaming atm since I can solo the game I want to play but thinking back the best fun I had in the game was doing teams at low level on big mobs. Including 12 man teams on FFA5 spiders. It was a big challenge and lots of fun. We need big challenges so people can have something to work for, work together and have some proper fun.

Such a system would only add to the current one, it would just allow MA to introduce better content for end game, something that we have asked for many years. And I think it's great there aren't playable solo RDI dungeons but you need a team and a bit of strategy, same thing could be introduced in Mayhems...

Lets not forget and bring the WOF argument.I was never a participant and I would never participate but I am fully aware people were legit crying for that event to come back.That is a fact and you can observe people begging for that event to be returned and they didn't win stars or anything.I've never heard the big wallet excuse in WOF and no one was selling stars.
Prizes were not the issue they just liked the idea to hunt in a team for their country.
I am just saying

No matter how you put it Ped card is important in any activity in the hunting profession in this game

Wrong! Messi has been preaching us for years, that beeing successful, winning events and playing without depositing, comes down to skill, not PED card!

Its a good idea for top few socities with top players but it will kick rst of the low level / average skilled player out of FFA if they make stars non tradable. I have lots of friend who like to team hunt in FFA not because they want to win but they can have fun and also get little reward selling the stars .

Wrong! Messi has been preaching us for years, that beeing successful, winning events and playing without depositing, comes down to skill, not PED card!

My statement was correct.Ped card is fundamental for any competitive event.Look at battlesim and how it evolved.People demanding some fair event where only skill matter and no ped card.In the end only 2 people were competing for the prize.Obviously huge fail for design and for people requesting that type of event.So be very very careful what you are asking for.EU community is not competitive by any means and its clearly not its greatest quality as a whole. I would argue that team hunts and social aspect while hunting is a higher one for most players.
I never made statements that no depositing is the way to go.I even made a public screenshot about my deposits.I even encourage people to commit to the game and invest as much as you can.Money makes money.

My statement over the years was very clear and I don't know why its misinterpreted. I fought to prove people wrong over the years that ped card = win, that highest evade = win, that terminator is auto win, that being located in sweden = win, that if you play since 2004 =win , that if you are not uber you should not compete.I won few defense events with limited guns.Winning events its a mix of many things but ped card is very very important, its not everything but play a huge role.You can overcome the highest ped card with your contribution and your real skills, lets not forget we are playing a real cash game.You have over the years so many examples where highest ped card lost if you pay attention to study the history.Also not all events are designed for the same skill set.In some luck is more important , in other skills are more important and so on but for all of them PED card is a must, the larger the better but not everything.

When you design a system you gotta make choices and trades.My argument was to incentivize active team hunts instead of afk traders wining your hard work but now I understand that fighting against bots or traders is a double edge standard.If you can sell your stars it doesn't matter who wins right as long as you make few peds profit on that event.

I am sure Mindark team is intelligent enough to find something to actually incentivize active hunters while playing in a team.

Iirc the idea behind the tradable stars was to enable players with any budget to participate, who know they won't get anywhere near winning but this way also can get something for their contribution in form of markup. The downside may be that the actual winners are determined by their buying power alone if all that matters is how many points you can purchase. But take it away again and you reduce the number of people who are interested in it at all because it makes no sense for anyone with less than a budget to compete all the way. Damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of thing, maybe.

I like the idea of incentivizing team hunts. What you are proposing would greatly do that. But I hate to have to lose the current FFA event in order to do that. Is it really necessary?

Current FFA is a quasi-permanent FEN/TEN/SGA sort of event where people who don't really plan on going for the win (or items) can still benefit by selling the points or stars that they get in loot. By making them un-trade-able, you remove that and I think this makes the event less appealing to a great number of players. Not every event in game has to be a competition, some people are happy to just have a little bit extra markup in the loot during those times.

So, I do like the concept for incentivizing team play and mechanics, but I don't like that this would be at the cost of losing the current FFA format.

Can we just keep the current FFA and implement this sort of team-based competition another way?

Legends

I support the non tradeable FFA stars, mayhem is already to much "pay to win" The individual effort should decide winner and not the pedcard.

* If you have any positive idea on how to incentivize ACTIVE TEAM HUNTS on a large scale such as FFA format post it here.
in my opinion, you should not mix concepts and ruin existing format
  • FFA has a meaning, free for all - meaning free to all including teams but not only teams
  • FFA stars are free for all stars by extension
  • the concept of FFA stars is to sell to ped card heroes to get prizes which generates MU on FFA stars
  • conclusion, the format is available (free) to all, it generates MU, allows ped card heroes to spend and get prizes

I support the idea of having a Merry Mayhem team like events similar to the past, but then it should be a separate thing not messing up FFA format

I find it interesting how some prefer soloing in this multiplayer game - I too play solo most of the time, but mainly because there's really no point in teaming atm
I rather see random team names globalling all day in an instance where I know if you are afk you die and you lose than seeing ubers in cat2 daikiba hunting non interacting with anyone.
Hmm, you have been playing a different game or only seeing one aspect of it as entertaining.
Sure team events were added to make parts of the game fun and interactive.
However grinding was always the core of the game and is how you, me and many others got our skills to the levels.
As a grinder I am glad I can go to the seasonal events and get some MU by looting boxes, hoping for a hof, and if there is 0.1% chance to win something by just trying to win on points sure I will try.
I am still competitive but about my long term achievements not who has the biggest DPS atm.

This is exactly what happens in the current FFA system if I am not wrong.
Oh but you are never wrong :)

My statement was correct. ... So be very very careful what you are asking for ... I would argue that team hunts and social aspect while hunting is a higher one for most players.
I understand that fighting against bots or traders is a double edge standard. If you can sell your stars it doesn't matter who wins right as long as you make few peds profit on that event.
I am sure Mindark team is intelligent enough to find something to actually incentivize active hunters while playing in a team.
Of course your statement was correct :)
Be very careful what you are asking for, to you.
And now you are "fighting against bots or traders" wow this thread is aiming for a lot.
I am also sure MA team sees that there is a place for both gaming approaches and not go one direction even though messi is apparently never wrong

Hmm, you have been playing a different game or only seeing one aspect of it as entertaining.
Sure team events were added to make parts of the game fun and interactive.
However grinding was always the core of the game and is how you, me and many others got our skills to the levels.
As a grinder I am glad I can go to the seasonal events and get some MU by looting boxes, hoping for a hof, and if there is 0.1% chance to win something by just trying to win on points sure I will try.

No sure I understand you and not sure you understood what I was saying.
I also play solo a lot and I embrace the grind. But I remember when I joined teams for big challenging mobs, it was very fun for us all and we were really looking forward for the next session. I took part in the 2007-2009 WOFs and we had a blast every round. I also enjoy the new RDI instances a lot and I'm pretty sure everyone has good memories with some team hunts; why not adding something worthwhile to team up against at the end game to the main yearly event?

The new system suggested here would be to be added, not to replace the old one if I understood correctly.

It's OK to not want to socialize / do team stuff and stay out of it, there's no one-system-fits-all so it's good to have decent options. There's a big potential in having activities for teams and it should be explored, without taking away from the current system, if the current system is still a consumed product.
About the PED card argument, BatSim was a system where you didn't need any investment in order to play and even make some money, just skill, but almost no one played that and it got eventually removed so go easy with that argument.
Ideally markup is shifted away from the AFK Arenas we're having towards a more engaging, interactive and higher difficulty areas so you need to be in front of the PC and active in order to get markup and skill up and gear up more to get even more markup, but that's a topic for another suggestion thread I guess.

This is exactly what happens in the current FFA system if I am not wrong.Right now you don't even have to hunt to actually win.Ped card dictates in the current FFA system.If you were to argue at least in my suggestion you actually have to hunt to achieve something which is the fundamental way to express your interest in a hunting event.
No matter how you put it Ped card is important in any activity in the hunting profession in this game and motivating those with no peds in a large event is plain wrong.You can't have growth with no investing or close to zero spendings.Events by its nature are competitive and that requires their participants to push themselves from any standpoint.
Also events are not mandatory, players can choose if they are willing to participate or not, for anyone else we have practice afk annihilation or regular mobs.

I'm not talking about winning the event, I'm talking about the other opportunities the event creates.

The new system suggested here would be to be added, not to replace the old one if I understood correctly.
I don't say having a team event would be bad - it would be fun indeed - and I also used to join team hunting in xmas team events, op however has formulated it +/- as "let's replace FFA with this idea" by redefining FFA namespace and what should happen to the FFA stars
guess it would be getting less pushback formulated clearly as another type of Xmas event category

most ppl play the event just to gather stars to sell and farm boxes, remove that and you will have a winter mayhem looking as pale as helloween event is now.

I understood it completely different. I understood it as replacing the current system with a forced team play one.

As for for beeing on a MMO and teams....
Spent over two decades in MMOs and really allways enjoyed those where I do not have to team up. Socializing for me is not the teaming aspect, it is rather the occasional chat.
And makes no difference to me if it is a game or RL, I do not need to compete with anyone to reassure my Ego. I know what I can do and handle, I am simply not competing with anyone, I just do my thing, enjoy my life and if anyone thinks it should be otherwise, I move on, Entropia has allways been an assurance that the money I spent will not be lost after 5 years because the servers shut down.
And I have met quite a few people that are like me in here...spent some money to simply do something after RL thingys, wind down, do something different, have at least a bit of assurance it was kind of an "investment" (not like spending it on Farmvillle) .
So yeah.. a lot of people are in here for a lot of different reasons which should ALL be taken into consideration, not just the narrowminded "does not suit my own style". Because exactly those not suiting your style are as well paying for the servers you play on and your profits.
In fact, those idiots like me are most probably more paying for it because we do not even want to compete.
I do not care, if I lose, I lost it. If I can not afford it I do not do it.
But if something gets pushed down my throat....yip, I think about if something I lose quite a few K PEDs each month is worth it. And update after update the last two years it is really pushing....
I surely not an uber spender, but I am surely not the only one with that mindsetting. IMHO Merry Mayhem is fine as it is, no need to change anything for people like me that want to sell their stars because they want to have a blast and reduce at least a bit of their losses.
And even though I admire Messi for his archievements, on this one, simply nope

Hi,
I have a few suggestions I would like to present:

Thanks

A team board can be implemented and if someone want to compete on FFA, he can chose a team name and place it on that FFA Board.

Anyone can attend to any team registered to the board, even if they are not part in the original team, similar things were done on WoF when support teams could gather points for the main team. In this case the support can be done just by using the already registered team name which is under use on the FFA Board.

People can join and leave team as they like, fight under the same team name multiple teams if max number is 6 ( i.e. RDI LAB ), move from team to team if they chose so, points are collected on the board.

Score can be seen just at the end and durring event by the team leader only.

INFO on boards need to be improved and add more things to be analized. i.e. FFA collected by each member ( seen by leader only ), dps/cost/heal/items ( usually players splitt the TT value of the item between members), and so on.

NOTE: this format could be used to organize many thematic events i.e. WOF

my 2 pec
cheers!

Last edited:
It is possible to motivate the team hunt's and leave FFA free for all with sellable star's too.

Just increase the difficulty of higher cat mobs, so for example it needed multiple uber to kill cat5 spider's, or 10 of average player, and ofc some adjustment for score dropping needs too, make it worth to hunt those super hard mobs star / score / time wise.

Than solo players still can hunt lower mobs as before.
You still can sell the stars.

Also can be a solution, if they add some bonus for own looted star's.
Like if you sending in your own looted star's, you get 50-100% bonus score on them.
Similar system already exist with pet's that remember's who tamed them, star's than should remember who looted them.

Team looted star's would be questionable here, but guess they could solve that the leader receives them, if they wanted to.

Basically the stars are like mayhem points, if you gather enough you can win tokens and exchange tokens for items, except mayhem points are not tradeable. It is not fair that stars are.

Back