Merry Mayhem Preview - Solo Categories

You can't chip out hp, only indirectly. And jerk is just about the definition of someone who does that only for gaining an advantage in competition.

Damn. Trying to get an advantage deserves that. Jerk!

well deserved for those players that try to win in a lower category than they shouls be in. Also that is an obvious risk to chip out just because a preview of rules say so :dunce:
LOL? I am still in that category but I lost skills for 20hp. Jerk!!

Sounds very stupid to chip out on preview info, we know nothing about prizes yet.
blabla.. a preview with hard numbers it was. Jerk!!!

Wise thing would be to wait for complete rules atleast before choosing to chip out, cant see anywere that they wrote that you would be locked to a category before event starts.

blabla.. a preview with hard numbers it was. Jerk!!!

You can't chip out hp, only indirectly. And jerk is just about the definition of someone who does that only for gaining an advantage in competition.

This is not like the normal you, San. I assume that pretty much everybody understands the shorthand of saying chipping out hp, for example. I usually like what you write, but we have diverged somewhat recently.
About gaining an advantage, I've always assumed my moral compass is quite good and I like things to be fair and clear. I certainly briefly thought about whether or not I'd prefer to be in a lower category, then decided against.

On the whole I think it is ok to have changed the criteria with still a week to go, although I would have preferred MA to not 'need' input from people who don't actually know the event conditions. It doesn't make me massively confident that the mob levels (even now) will be balanced enough for me personally to enjoy solo runs without trying to actually win a prize, but we shall see. Maybe FFA will be better.
AND just maybe I'm also unhappy about the unsolved LAG issues that competitors will likely have. I wouldn't WANT to take advantage of that issue personally...

Reactions: San
Ok, good job listening to the community :yay: (still shit for me) but I see positive progress from MA.

They lowered the hp requirements but kept max DPS the same.

Note that res is the old one
Category 5
Max Health: 190 175
Max Base DPS: 82 82

Category 6
Max Health: 220 200
Max Base DPS: 90 90

Mweh - that is even worse I went from being "low in dps but high in hp" (195hp) in class 6 to being "low in dps but now also low in hp" and having higher skilled and higher dps players to compete with :(
Same with me and my 198hp and 65 best hunting skill

MA you have listen to us :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

big thanks for this really :) way more balanced

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what category if we can't play because of the fucking lag.

I have thousands of dollars in gear and time and money building skills so I could compete in events and I can't even fucking play normally.

FIX YOUR SHIT MA! :cussing:

Well to all complainers, MA can´t please everyone.

And look some years back, when one gun simply won every cat.
That is no longer possible with this rules, so its good rules.

If your skill is to low to meat the top dps in your cat, you can chip in so you can use some L gun to be in top damage range.
Other way around, you can chip out some HP skills to fall into lower cat where you maybe in the top dps range.

Find your way how to be competitive.
There is so many options available - tiered weapons with DMG enhancers, different amps, chipping, buffs aso aso aso

Stop whinning and start thinking what is needed to do, if you want to compete.

Great Job. Another one, why NOBODY should give you guys dollars. Imagine, one chipped out already 60hp to be in a Special category (with big losses).

You guys are jerks!

You lost peds chipping out to move categories?.....Good.

Everyone knows that temporary chipping will always lose peds, you included, so I wouldn't whine just because you jumped the gun.

Competitive advantage?--->Greedy. There, fixed it for ya.

MA (eventually) spend time to make a competition that tries to make a level playing field for groups of players and the first thing some do is try to beat the system. Seriously?
All you will do is screw over the people that fall naturally into whichever category you manage to squeeze yourself into. Great job.

The ped cards that can stand the biggest losses while going full tilt will still prevail in most instances. Mine doesn't fall into that category unfortunately so, yet again, I will play for fun with what I can afford to lose (and I can guarantee that I will lose it).

I applaud MA for trying something new this year. It is a start but probably has some room for improvement. I guess they need to see the outcome from this before making any further adjustments to future events.

Ff

I applaud MA for trying something new this year. It is a start but probably has some room for improvement. I guess they need to see the outcome from this before making any further adjustments to future events.

They just need to give everyone an untradable category pass before announcing rules, preview of rules or anything. Problem solved.

Disclosure: I earned about 300 PED extra from an ESI I sold during this frenzy.

Dear Mind Ark,

Please FIX YOUR DAMN LAG!!!

If you want to give MM prizes to specific players, then FFS GO AHEAD AND DO SO BEHIND THE SCENES AS YOU'VE DONE SO MANY TIMES IN THE PAST, but announcing a time based event while 80% of your PLAYER BASE suffer TREMENDOUS LAG is like SPITTING ON YOUR CUSTOMERS !!!

I have high bandwith internet connection, HD and 4K streming goes without a glitch ... yet, a 14 years old game LAGS LIKE HELL ... :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Final details coming out soon for solo and FFA?
Got today and tomorrow to release info...

Back