Merry Mayhem Results Delayed

Not that it isn't a bad thing that these scores take so long, but does anyone else notice that most people who are complaining aren't even close to a top 10 spot anyway?

Every day that goes by without releasing the results i feel happier for not killing MM mobs at all :yay:

Mabie someone deleted all that data (by mistake) :laugh:

Mabie someone deleted all that data (by mistake) :laugh:

I doubt its deleted, but someone or several people are probably going through the details of every person who went into the instance, trying to work out an average of all the keys used, then cross matching with dates and times of all reported server outages over the 3 weeks(?) of MM.

Then doing the same for the team instances.

A pretty huge undertaking. I wouldn't want to do it. ;)

Speculation: They may also be busy finishing up a delayed 'Christmas sale', bug testing it as well as fixing bugs in VU 14.0 such as the death crash fix.

Then again it could be all due to influenza illness as Kim has already posted.

Agree with Mega, coding a speadsheet that accounts for server down times, logged ips, and anomolies could be a tmf...
Europe/ USA.
?H3N2 virus
?H1N2 virus
Either variants debilitating

Get your flu shots please....

All Aussie stand in line :) please sign up too

http://www.flutracking.net/tellfriend.html

Just a little weekly survey to support your Aussie researchers in developing maps of potential infection ...cheers:)

Last edited:
Further delay will lead to doubt on genuine and correctness of result.. Hope we get fairer result as I spend thousand of PED in MM and got worst loot...only 1 little global. Secondly i saw some people still playing in MM..I wonder how is it possible after the end of time. Some guess that they r getting extra time due to server crash. But i did not get the same chance as I have one instance of server crash on my system..So I wonder how much MA manipulate the result.

hmmmm i think too much complain will lead to termination of my account in this game:wise:

1 global? did you use all your tokens? :p

How much did you expect your score to land at? :p

Best they take their time to provide accurate results because i am sure many participants have kept track of their own points/kills ect. So better have honest results then just something rushed off again so ppl have more complaining to do.

Me Me Me

A pretty huge undertaking. I wouldn't want to do it. ;)

Working out a weighted average from the completed tokens, then x30, should take someone with highschool maths 5 mins - give me the data set and xcel and I'll do it in 2 mins.

Let the mountain come to Mohammed...besides I'm over qualified.:wise:
So they want more ppl to work for them? ehh...

What are u traying to say here? Who Mohammed are u talking about???

Unfortunately the results for the Merry Mayhem Event have not yet been delivered by MindArk to the Planet Calypso team.

We understand that this extended delay in publishing the final results is causing of frustration for some participants, and we apologize sincerely. We hope to release the results as soon as possible, hopefully early next week.

The Calypso team has already discussed alternative structures for future events to avoid the possibility of similar delays in the future.

We appreciate your patience.

Originally Posted Here
Not good enough. This is the third delay, and in my opinion, this is just an appauling effort and just fucking pathetic.
The excuse kim gave us in the other thread was laughable. Who ever is in charge of this mess really needs to get their act together. If it was a serious company/organization, heads would've rolled for this. But this is just a piss take. Really does make it look like a mummy and daddy backyard operation.
But then again, it is just a game, it's not like we pay real money for this....

Not that it isn't a bad thing that these scores take so long, but does anyone else notice that most people who are complaining aren't even close to a top 10 spot anyway?

1) it's besides the point. Positions are irrelevant in this argument at this point in time. I think everyone is fed up with the incompetence we have to put up with.
2) you have no way of knowing that.

Correct thread title should be: "Merry Mayhem Results Delayed(yet again)" :D

It was only "hopefully, early next week" ????
Because is almost finish of the early next week...
And no results.... :eyecrazy:
Please help us.. make our life better.. we dream in the night at the moment when the results will come..
And only to find if we win or not.. but that tension is killing us... :banghead:

"Due to the work needed to finalize the Merry mayhem results the the winners will be published along with the price award cermony for the 2013 Merry Mayhem sometime in Jan-Oct 2014"

We do apologize for any inconvenience the Entropia plattform may cause.

I heard I won solo cat3, with at least 1500 point lead.

Rick

"Due to the work needed to finalize the Merry mayhem results the the winners will be published along with the price award cermony for the 2013 Merry Mayhem sometime in Jan-Oct 2014"

We do apologize for any inconvenience the Entropia plattform may cause.

Man, joking, joking, but some of us may have nightmares.
I can understand the flu, but still I think that can be heald in a month, even if is worse.
Nevertheless , I was a little happy because they communicate with us occasionally, something.
Even they say that it is being delayed again again and again...
I think now is the moment to comunicate again something, iven if they say we delayed again :lolup:
Because first off all that mean a little respect for us.

I wonder if Mindark might be the most misrun company with the worst support in the entire world/online that is still in business?

It really is possible.

I agree that it is not nice that there is a 3rd delay.
On the order side i do not think many people are surprised by the delays.

With the big change how Mayhem works a lot of details of potential problems were overlooked.
The instability of the servers caused a lot of people to loose time inside the instances so for every person that made a support call a lot of things need to be checked and calculated. Since a good number of these people are in the top10 they have to be very careful. Because if they do it wrong they know that there will be a shitload of complaints.

So the best advice is to just wait. It will come sooner or later.

Let us just hope that they learn and improve things next time.

Cheers
Siam

rhogenbe;3072021 Since a good number of these people are in the top10 they have to be very careful. Because if they do it wrong they know that there will be a shitload of complaints. Cheers Siam[/QUOTE said:
How u can trust them they can't even monitor annual big event without make some calculation so in fact they can do what they want and choose the winner ....

Anyway it's impossible to compensate fairly the server crash, some people (like me) use L weapon with tier some run i have tier 1 some have tier 9 so 1 run i make 100 pt another i make 200 they can't check and make accurate score for everyone.

I'm not shocked, expected from MA, *sarcasm* GREAT track record on doing things in a timely fashion, and *sarcasm* even GREATER job of keeping to their commitments. Time and time again we see this happening. The sad part is not they are incapable of sticking to a schedule, but the fact that over YEARS and YEARS (ten?!) of doing this, they've yet to learn from their mistakes and repeatedly screw themselves over with sticking to deadlines.

Btw thinking this after event, how easy there is cheat.
Take high tiered svempa xt or anoteher high dps L gun and go kill couple mobs and after that happen fake crash and get much points cheap.
And before any1 thinking anything bad for me i didn´t have any problems and 0 dc mayhem´s instances.

Its not about that, the problem is in everything MA does they cant ceep the dead-line they put up by them self.:wtg:

Btw thinking this after event, how easy there is cheat.
Take high tiered svempa xt or anoteher high dps L gun and go kill couple mobs and after that happen fake crash and get much points cheap.
And before any1 thinking anything bad for me i didn´t have any problems and 0 dc mayhem´s instances.

I think this is part of the extended delay, to make sure this didn't happen. I had 2 disconnects, one they publically acknowledged, the other was a massive boot for twins/instances. These are easy to verify. I don't think it's hard at all to verify who's disconnect was legit and who's wasn't.

The calculations are however done already, we are just waiting for the right people to come back so we can do a final check.
How do you want to read this?? :p :cool:
a) Calculations are ready for at least 4 days, but they were not done by the 'right people'
b) The 'right people' will check in a few days what the 'not so right people' took a month to calculate

Seriously now... :) ... more than the fact that it takes over a month to publish the results, I think what bothers people the most if the fact that a deadline (set by devs themselves) is not being met, time and time again...

I'll go back to my hunt now :p

I read that as not all have flu but man with a decisional power who is missing.

Decisional mens are so rich after robbing players all 2012 that they are in vacation around the world in luxury hotels since months and dont even come back office once for results :D

Decisional mens are so rich after robbing players all 2012 that they are in vacation around the world in luxury hotels since months and dont even come back office once for results :D

:lolup: In the past days i begin to think more like you ... :)) But i refuse to think like that until the end <removed> :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back