Merry Mayhem Results Delayed

seems like the pedflow will become euroflow into the big ones pockets :)

Unfortunately the results for the Merry Mayhem Event have not yet been delivered by MindArk to the Planet Calypso team.

Why don't you walk next door and ask them when they will be delivered? :rolleyes:

I wonder if Mindark might be the most misrun company with the worst support in the entire world/online that is still in business?

It really is possible.

Must spread more rep, blah blah blah :wise:

How do you want to read this?? :p :cool:
a) Calculations are ready for at least 4 days, but they were not done by the 'right people'
b) The 'right people' will check in a few days what the 'not so right people' took a month to calculate

Seriously now... :) ... more than the fact that it takes over a month to publish the results, I think what bothers people the most if the fact that a deadline (set by devs themselves) is not being met, time and time again...

I'll go back to my hunt now :p

I do not think there is a company in the world where an simple employee has the right to simply hand out stuff worth several 10k USD without someone controlling him, that he does not do something wrong.

I do not think there is a company in the world where an simple employee has the right to simply hand out stuff worth several 10k USD without someone controlling him, that he does not do something wrong.

Reputable companies make every attempt to satisfy customers and meet proposed deadlines for their product being delivered...

Or, am I wrong? :scratch2:

Reputable companies make every attempt to satisfy customers and meet proposed deadlines for their product being delivered...

Exactly.

I didn't even do MM but I think the lack of published results so far is really poor. Christ alone knows what those who actually took part must think.

And don't get me started on the *January* estate announcement...

I honestly do try to view MindArk generally in a positive light, assume that when they get things wrong that their heart is in the right place, etc, but really this zero communication (aparently due to a single employee being off sick) just stinks.

(aparently due to a single employee being off sick) just stinks.

Well, if that "employee" is JWT, Jan welter Timkrans, this explains it:)

:laugh:
Well, if that "employee" is JWT, Jan welter Timkrans, this explains it:)

Yes... Maybe it's time to donated some pills to get better quick. Oh and those who are faithful to pray for his health. No??? :laugh:

We are not the customers, the planet partners are MAs customers. And even having land deeds does not make one a direct customer of Mindark.
Also...the only ones that really want to be satisfied are the winners and most of them have been too long in game to expect anything fast from MA.
All others just want to know where they landed in the list for bragging rights (well...at least I do :D )

This stopped being funny about 2-3 weeks ago. Now it's just embarrassing. I want to know my final result.

Relax...it's mm:

The people that "think" they won...didn't even place.
The people that "know" they won...might place somewhere in 5th-15th.
The people that actually won...they won't even talk about it here, or care, til the results come out. (Except for one or 2 selling-threads, which was a real dick-move btw)

You'll get your results when MA says the data makes just enough sense for them to stop caring. No sooner. It is a cess-pool of fucked data, with 1-2 tenths of a second variations completely changing around leader-boards. There were different types DC's and server problems, 100's of reported "DC's" (probably 1000's) that were just the broke-ass scammer pieces of shit liars that this game attracts. If anyone, get mad at all those people with shitty connections in shitty countries who DC'ed on their own and who have each filed probably 60 poorly-worded support cases. Then get mad at all the real scammers faking DC b/c someone in their infinite wisdom decided to mention that "when dc'ed, averages would be used to determine winners". THIS is what really created MA's headache that they are dealing with.

The event was fucked from the first twins-crash, anyone who couldn't see that was blind and now you want to blame them for taking so long to figure it out? LOLZ. Blame them for having bad event, fine...but don't blame them for extending the time needed to try to figure it out.

This is the first time I ever defended MA I think, but seriously, people, MA got the flu, they have shitloads of work that needed to be done, and they need more time to deal with it. You deal with it too.

Last edited:
Relax...it's mm:

The people that "think" they won...didn't even place.
The people that "know" they won...might place somewhere in 5th-15th.
The people that actually won...they won't even talk about it here, or care, til the results come out. (Except for one or 2 selling-threads, which was a real dick-move btw)

You'll get your results when MA says the data makes just enough sense for them to stop caring. No sooner. It is a cess-pool of fucked data, with 1-2 tenths of a second variations completely changing around leader-boards. There were different types DC's and server problems, 100's of reported "DC's" (probably 1000's) that were just the broke-ass scammer pieces of shit liars that this game attracts. If anyone, get mad at all those people with shitty connections in shitty countries who DC'ed on their own and who have each filed probably 60 poorly-worded support cases. Then get mad at all the real scammers faking DC b/c someone in their infinite wisdom decided to mention that "when dc'ed, averages would be used to determine winners". THIS is what really created MA's headache that they are dealing with.

The event was fucked from the first twins-crash, anyone who couldn't see that was blind and now you want to blame them for taking so long to figure it out? LOLZ. Blame them for having bad event, fine...but don't blame them for extending the time needed to try to figure it out.

This is the first time I ever defended MA I think, but seriously, people, MA got the flu, they have shitloads of work that needed to be done, and they need more time to deal with it. You deal with it too.

All the participant and no participant can understand that, but man.. they must to tell us much then they have flu.
Or a date in future to chill down the tension for a while... even if the date it will be a little exaggerated... exemple in semptember...
That is the real issue.. they not say to us something real.. and when they do that they put for target dates that they can not follow..

All the participant and no participant can understand that, but man.. they must to tell us much then they have flu.
Or a date in future to chill down the tension for a while... even if the date it will be a little exaggerated... exemple in semptember...
That is the real issue.. they not say to us something real.. and when they do that they put for target dates that they can not follow..

Yeah information WOULD calm people down, I agree with that. Temporarily. But information is probably the last thing they care about. "MA: It will be done by April" Does that change anything? No.

The basic analogy is this: You get hired by a General Contractor...you and all the other subcontractors start performing the work. During performance of that work, all the sub-contractors immediately notice that the General Contractor is having financial problems. You still finish the work and demand payment immediately.

Does the General Contractor give you a date you will be paid? Maybe. So what?
Will he pay you on that date? No, and you already knew that.

So all you can do is wait. In MA's case, at least you know the winners will, in fact, get paid, and if MA takes the time to sort out who gets what, and try to insure fairness, it's all they can do. Giving someone a date it will happen by is an exercise in futility, and truly has to be the least of their concerns.

A promised date that something will occur serves NOTHING, except to frustrate those people even more when they can't perform by that date. It is best to just say "hey, it's taking longer than we thought...hang in there guys" and leave it at that. Nothing else changes anything.

Yeah information WOULD calm people down, I agree with that. Temporarily. But information is probably the last thing they care about. "MA: It will be done by April" Does that change anything? No.

The basic analogy is this: You get hired by a General Contractor...you and all the other subcontractors start performing the work. During performance of that work, all the sub-contractors immediately notice that the General Contractor is having financial problems. You still finish the work and demand payment immediately.

Does the General Contractor give you a date you will be paid? Maybe. So what?
Will he pay you on that date? No, and you already knew that.

So all you can do is wait. In MA's case, at least you know the winners will, in fact, get paid, and if MA takes the time to sort out who gets what, and try to insure fairness, it's all they can do. Giving someone a date it will happen by is an exercise in futility, and truly has to be the least of their concerns.

A promised date that something will occur serves NOTHING, except to frustrate those people even more when they can't perform by that date. It is best to just say "hey, it's taking longer than we thought...hang in there guys" and leave it at that. Nothing else changes anything.

Not all of that it is like you've say...
For example in the case with General Contractor probably I could sue him and maybe eventually to pay me penalties for delay, but here i think that situation is not possible because ultimately is just a game.
I do not know if it would be possible to put some complaint on the consumer protection office in Sweden if such thing exist there.
But, nevertheless i think is a big enough company to hier an customer care employees to find the best sollution to thank a majority of players. And personaly, i think the best solution in this situation would be to comunicate something to apologize to deliver some explanations when is needed.

THX

Not all of that it is like you've say...
For example in the case with General Contractor probably I could sue him and maybe eventually to pay me penalties for delay, but here i think that situation is not possible because ultimately is just a game.
I do not know if it would be possible to put some complaint on the consumer protection office in Sweden if such thing exist there.
But, nevertheless i think is a big enough company to hier an customer care employees to find the best sollution to thank a majority of players. And personaly, i think the best solution in this situation would be to comunicate something to apologize to deliver some explanations when is needed.

THX

The analogy was made NOT to show legal similarities. It was made to show that anyone going into to MM should have known, from the first server crash, that the results were going to take longer than expected. Until they know for sure, it would all be an empty promise, it is impossible to guarantee a date.

It makes me think of something a VERY wise man once said:

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well, that's...
Tommy: ...What?

Quietily waiting for my #13 spot. ;)

Issue is here that it has allways been "lack of communication" between MA and the playerbase!
They have promised lots of things, that havent been done yet!
I am although very impressed of MA´s implement of Space!
Just hope it will become bugfree some day....

Lets just wait till next year and if you win again you get the 7th part for free.
1+1=3!!! woop woop!!

Laugh as much as you like, MA has stated several times that we are only participants and not customers.

MA may have brainwashed you with what they "say", but I know better. :wise:

MindArk runs Entropia Universe for one reason, and one reason only... to make money.
Without player deposits, MindArk would go out of business. Period.

They provide the product/service of a virtual universe, the "participants" are customers. It's unfortunate that you fail to comprehend that...

Any bets on whether we get results this week? :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

They provide the product/service of a virtual universe, the "participants" are customers. It's unfortunate that you fail to comprehend that...

The difference between customers and participants...........

Customers buy planets. Participants buy ammo/probes to play on planets.

Back