Merry Mayhem Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Highest Single Loot - Solo (as of 2014-01-07)
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,1) - Magnus Gunner Fightmaster - 455
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,1) - BlackHole Supernova NoEscape - 1051
  • Yulebot (S,1) - BlackHole Supernova NoEscape - 415
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,2) - matthew bell naatz - 927
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,2) - Christmas MrHanky Poo - 3367
  • Yulebot (S,2) - Tiffany Cummings Peniston - 3386
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,3) - Billy Blu Horse - 1486
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,3) - Tom Hogy Hogymann - 5279
  • Yulebot (S,3) - Jamie Jagger Evans - 1331
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,4) - Thererosol The Gimp Magina - 2530
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,4) - Vlad Dracula Tepes - 4806
  • Yulebot (S,4) - Fett Fett-Finnen Finnen - 2506
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,5) - dutch fluske mooren - 7322
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,5) - Angel Shadow Heart - 12763
  • Yulebot (S,5) - Neo The Famous Trader Sharp - 4528
Highest Single Loot - Team (as of 2014-01-07)
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1) - Andreas Andy Gamble - 952
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1) - Ferenc hfec Hoppal - 1397
  • Yulebot (T,1) - Bonsai siR Wu - 291
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,2) - Dexter BHB Morgan - 2202
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,2) - Victor Brick Vonn - 3022
  • Yulebot (T,2) - Sockerkalle Old Alpha - 2413
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,3) - Kentisak Kisse Lundberg - 5307
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,3) - Shawn Thark Columbo - 8390
  • Yulebot (T,3) - Florian Vlooe Fischer - 3998
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,4) - Kassandrea Kiryou Kell - 2243
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,4) - Mike Freyr Perry - 48478
  • Yulebot (T,4) - Gem Jeny Lake - 1236
  • Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,5) - dutch fluske mooren - 12326
  • Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,5) - Jenna Star Mercury - 23063
  • Yulebot (T,5) - MH Grave Digger - 2138

As announced on the Merry Mayhem 2013 Event Page - The participant who scores the highest single loot on each of the various Merry Mayhem creatures outlined above will receive a 25% boost to their final 30-hour normalized score!

Note that it is indeed possible to receive multiple score boosts if a participant is fortunate enough to achieve the highest single loot on more than one creature in a particular category.

Five days of Mayhem remain. So far, there have been 1,971,162 Merry Mayhem creatures killed, for a total loot of over 12 million PED!

Best of luck to everyone participating!

Originally Posted Here

well,this is bullshit

in the team 5 category,we had lootsettings at "looter takes all "
i looted it,but our main shooter did the most damage and got the kill
so the bonus should go to the main shooter

its a bit ridiculous that the lootsetting is the determining factor in who gets the bonus
since if we had loot set at damage/stackshare..or most damage gets all thne our main shooter would have gotten the bonus

25% is crucial and for such an important feature ma should have stated before event started that the teamlootsettings is the determinating factor

the bonus should go to the person that got the killpoint regardless of lootsettings

This is very noble, Fluske, well done!

But Crone would say this is a team thing. Who knows what the main shooter received if (s)he looted it personally. Maybe someone else would then have better loot in a completely different team. Anyways gratz twice!!

Although Crone agrees, it's a bit weird that this was not communicated up front.

Bertha bot is really saying:

only 5 days remain in mm. But we noticed we're not getting enough money from you lousy players, so here's a new rule we invented half-way to make sure you deposit more and we can satisfy our board of directors.

Good luck to all you fools who still think you can win this!

agreed...

well,this is bullshit

its a bit ridiculous that the lootsetting is the determining factor in who gets the bonus
since if we had loot set at damage/stackshare..or most damage gets all thne our main shooter would have gotten the bonus

25% is crucial and for such an important feature ma should have stated before event started that the teamlootsettings is the determinating factor

the bonus should go to the person that got the killpoint regardless of lootsettings

...why would u not do stack share? Mercs?

Brick

Where does it say anything about a new rule? :scratch2:

even if the mainshooter did the most dmg the looter gets the points?

Ma ridiculous one more time and people spending shitload of money with unclear rulez will get fucked !

How is it even POSSIBLE that the person scoring point and the person getting bonus is different??

Last edited:
even if the mainshooter did the most dmg the looter gets the points?

obviously yes,since i looted it but our mainshooter did most damage and got the killpoint,yet they award the bonus to me

obviously yes,since i looted it but our mainshooter did most damage and got the killpoint,yet they award the bonus to me

the question was rethoric and aimed at Nighthawk, sorry for being unclear.

well,this is bullshit

The rules said loot, that should be a big hint that is was actually the one who gets the loot that gets the bonus. But I could agree that they should be a bit more clear about that. I would probably be too difficult to keep track on who made the biggest damage, If they even save that information after the mob is killed, probably not long even if they do.

I think fluske's suprise arises from the fact that in previous events the one doing the most damage got the points instead of the one looting it.
And since MA aren't always clear in their communications, many may have thought this rule still applied.

Before all pickin forks n torches n stuffs, better write support case first, maybe will be changed

Imo...

well,this is bullshit

...it would be simpler to just give all players in team the 25% bonus...but the reality from my perspective is also...how do we know that you did not do most damage on that particular mob? Maybe you got point because u did most damage...

...also...looks like t,4 kerbs and t,4 & t,5 yules are wide open for SHL still...as well as s,3 kerb and yule and s,4 yule...

Brick

well,this is bullshit

1) Are you sure he did the most damage? Tbh, I'm pretty sure that's all they base it on.

2) Setting to 1 takes all for looter takes means that there is one heavy guy in run? Seems a bit foolish. And a LOT more work...

3) What was he doing shooting a kerb anyway? It wasn't the very end of run....Not sure I believe that he did most damage on the wrong mob type. Not calling your integrity into question, it just seems odd.

If he did, you should get the bonus ofc. Maybe you are at least happy you got a bunch of peds? :) Or did he keep those too?

Main shooter getting the kill (point), thus confirming he did the most damage, should also be the one getting the bonus imho.

If everything goes perfectly well for a MM team, the main shooter gets 100% of the team points on all runs! If the 25% bonus would be set to go to the looter, there would be a big risk that it would end up going to an avatar with a score of zero. And we all know that a 25% bonus on a score of zero, is no bonus at all.. So I would expect them to give the bonus to the avatar getting the kill point.

1) Are you sure he did the most damage? Tbh, I'm pretty sure that's all they base it on.

2) Setting to 1 takes all for looter takes means that there is one heavy guy in run? Seems a bit foolish. And a LOT more work...

3) What was he doing shooting a kerb anyway? It wasn't the very end of run....Not sure I believe that he did most damage on the wrong mob type. Not calling your integrity into question, it just seems odd.

If he did, you should get the bonus ofc. Maybe you are at least happy you got a bunch of peds? :) Or did he keep those too?

1) right after the hof,main shooter said he got point
2)we have very good reason for that,but i cant reveal for strategical reasons since mm aint over yet
3)sometimes timing was off so instead of waiting for the 10 sec spider respawn we did 1 kerb

i am actually not happy at all since its my first 5 digitloot ever in 8 years and i have to share it with 12 man :)

The rules said loot, that should be a big hint that is was actually the one who gets the loot that gets the bonus. But I could agree that they should be a bit more clear about that. I would probably be too difficult to keep track on who made the biggest damage, If they even save that information after the mob is killed, probably not long even if they do.

so what if loot is set at damage/stackshare...then all will get 25% bonus ? :p
or what if we all took lootpill ?

[*]Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,5) - dutch fluske mooren - 12326
[*]Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,5) - Jenna Star Mercury - 23063
[/LIST]

As announced on the Merry Mayhem 2013 Event Page - The participant who scores the highest single loot on each of the various Merry Mayhem creatures outlined above will receive a 25% boost to their final 30-hour normalized score!

So, fluske got all the loot so he got the bonus.

I'm pretty sure Star did not do 100% of the damage to that T5 spider, rather he got a small share, maybe 10-15%, yet they have him down for 23063 ped.

The two things are not consistent. If a player went in a T5 instance by himself and got a 10k hof, would that beat Star? I think not.

Points should go to the whoever got credit for the kill.

Main shooter getting the kill (point), thus confirming he did the most damage, should also be the one getting the bonus imho.

that would be common sense!!! The looter of the dead mob is irrelevant!! Wake up and smell the crap :wise:

Points should go to the whoever got credit for the kill.

Agreed

sorry you did not understand very simple rules

well,this is bullshit

Tough luck guys but the rules were VERY clear. I know a few teams that were considering having a support member collect all the loot to keep the main shooter from getting heavy. Because of the very clear statment that Minad Ark made about the bonus system, everyone I talked to kept the typical team setting at damage split to make sure the main shooter would get credit for the most loot. You really need to read the rules carefully and talk to other experieiced players to make sure you know what you are getting in to before you start. It would be overwhelming unfair to the player base if MA changes any rules now. Maybe they will consider your situation for next years event.

Good luck

...As announced on the Merry Mayhem 2013 Event Page - The participant who scores the highest single loot on each of the various Merry Mayhem creatures outlined above will receive a 25% boost to their final 30-hour normalized score!

According to this wording they can count it as they have, though I agree that it should go to the person that received the point. Fluske also makes a great point with the loot pill question...

It's certainly no fun to feel cheated out of something like this, though I believe this 25% rule should not exist in the first place, for team category at least. On the bright side, top 3 prizes are worth roughly the same value, and we will be able to use math to see how each team would have actually placed based solely on strategy, tactic, and (of course) gear, had this luck-factor not been present.

Good luck to you guys and your efforts.

1) right after the hof,main shooter said he got point
2)we have very good reason for that,but i cant reveal for strategical reasons since mm aint over yet
3)sometimes timing was off so instead of waiting for the 10 sec spider respawn we did 1 kerb

i am actually not happy at all since its my first 5 digitloot ever in 8 years and i have to share it with 12 man :)

Well for strategical reasons, I can reveal that timing being off and waiting for respawn of spiders is bad strategy. ;)

I do believe you should get credit for your team as well. I'm just giving you a hard time and teasing fluske/AoW. It is a bit unfair to those who read the rules though and see as John pointed out. Perhaps, we all knew the strategic benefit to not having main gun loot, yet we realized that MA could do something like this to our score due to wording.

All that being said, it makes no sense to have it any way other than AoW getting the 25%. Although 25% is a bit too high a bonus as far as anyone with a brain can see.

so what if loot is set at damage/stackshare...then all will get 25% bonus ? :p
or what if we all took lootpill ?

Actually, if you had given the main shooter the loot pill, he would have auto looted all mobs and you wouldn't have this problem?

But I agree that the situation sucks. Makes sense as to why MA did it like this, but still sucks.

Actually, if you had given the main shooter the loot pill, he would have auto looted all mobs and you wouldn't have this problem?

But I agree that the situation sucks. Makes sense as to why MA did it like this, but still sucks.

Loot pill does not work with the 'looter takes all' team option. It does however work with the 'most damage takes all' option which we switched to later on.

I'm sure many team MM players can work out why we used these team rules sometimes.

Although 25% is a bit too high a bonus as far as anyone with a brain can see.

Yeah, I agree, someone with high tiered MM or ISH or other gun :)cool:) can beat Terminator with HSL so Terminator is not entirely obsolete:cool:

Good Point!:)

Tough luck guys but the rules were VERY clear. I know a few teams that were considering having a support member collect all the loot to keep the main shooter from getting heavy. Because of the very clear statment that Minad Ark made about the bonus system, everyone I talked to kept the typical team setting at damage split to make sure the main shooter would get credit for the most loot. You really need to read the rules carefully and talk to other experieiced players to make sure you know what you are getting in to before you start. It would be overwhelming unfair to the player base if MA changes any rules now. Maybe they will consider your situation for next years event.

Good luck

I'm sorry, but the rule is very much not clear in a team context. if the the rule can be interpreted at all, it would work in a different way from how MA and John have interpreted it, and would possibly result in a different ranking order.

The rule speaks of a 'Participant' getting the HSL, but when in a team, it is the team who get the HSL. If the loot setting is Looter takes all, then Team and Participant are synonymous, and the rule is indeed clear. But if the loot setting is Damage Share, then a Participant gets only his share of the loot, and it is only this share which should be counted in any ranking by HSL.

MA erred in writing the rule as they did, it is not clear, and MA's interpretation is obviously wrong in this context. Fluske's understanding is what any sensible player would understand as how it should work, to award a bonus to kill points based on loot is absurd. Some players, like John, have seen a clarity which isn't there, some, like Fluske, have realised the rule was absurd, and assumed MA would interpret it as it obviously should be.

MA should either change their ranking to give the bonus to the player who got the kill point, or, if this is too big a change, use only the Participant's share of the loot and not the total loot, since that is the closest accurate interpretation of their announced rule (but this would satisfy no-one).

Last edited:

Good luck

Saying good luck at the end does not alleviate you from trying to be a smart ass. If you are confused and would like to know how very clear as mud the rules are, feel free to PM me.

Maybe it is simply the fact that it was looter takes all. Since one person looted all of the loot maybe MA only sees the looters name attached to the mobs loot and listed them because of that? No one else looted anything so no other name as part of the event.

Back