Merry Mayhem Whiners List

garci

Old Alpha
Society
NBK
garci bogus more
now merry mayhem is over so every one can whine about it on entropia forum ;)

let's share your complaints, say what player you hate after that ;)
someone stealing your loots ? others making mob trains to annoy you while trying to participate ? ;)

Merry Mayhem Whiners List

Actually, that is how I read the official "Winners List" title the first time :laugh:

I was like "wtf??" :rolleyes:

only issue i had was with the rules but hey theres always next year ma might change them if they dont go bust :laugh:

Did u participate ?

Actually, that is how I read the official "Winners List" title the first time :laugh:

I was like "wtf??" :rolleyes:

that's why i took the same one ;)
a moderator said before the mayhem that any whining thread about mayhem during the mayhem would be banned so now it's ok lol

Did u participate ?

nope didn't, teaming was allowed so i didn't want but if next year rules will change perhaps i will
2years ago i was around 450th on the participants list ;)

that's why i took the same one ;)
a moderator said before the mayhem that any whining thread about mayhem during the mayhem would be banned so now it's ok lol

Did u participate ?

Nah, i take that as a no ;)

Have fun with ur thread :wtg:

well it's not because i didn't participate mayhem that i don't know peeps who had participate and heard them whining all this week ;)

nope didn't, teaming was allowed so i didn't want but if next year rules will change perhaps i will
2years ago i was around 450th on the participants list ;)
You couldn't find 3-4 ingame friends to help you hunt?

You think that next year, somehow the rules will change and someone that can find 3-4 friends ingame won't have an advantage over you?

You couldn't find 3-4 ingame friends to help you hunt?

You think that next year, somehow the rules will change and someone that can find 3-4 friends ingame won't have an advantage over you?

i don't have any friend in game, i don't know anyone and i'm never in cities,
i'm clueless what this game is about and i'm only talking with some cornudas,
troxies and sometimes longus ;)

(and chirpies too)

You can all start whining, i won a helmet :)
They tried everything in those 30hours off hunting sending mobtrains to annoye, tried stealing with grenadelaunchers , we just kept hunting and got awarded :p
But hey thats mayham i guess

Teaming rule this year was shyte.
Just looking at the scores it would have been possible to get solo into top 5-10 in category 3, which means that most did not even bother participating.
Would have tried if it would have been like last year, but an event where the one wins that loots the most mobs is plain silly for me.
The way it was, I rather spent my money elsewhere (would not have spent that 40k to get a 16k armour piece anyway)

it would have been possible to get solo into top 5-10 in category 3, which means that most did not even bother participating.
That's what people in the 4th category thought.... boy is the joke on them :laugh:

Teaming rule this year was shyte.
Just looking at the scores it would have been possible to get solo into top 5-10 in category 3, which means that most did not even bother participating.
Would have tried if it would have been like last year, but an event where the one wins that loots the most mobs is plain silly for me.
The way it was, I rather spent my money elsewhere (would not have spent that 40k to get a 16k armour piece anyway)

This shall hopefully change next year.
They put the rules together full well knowing of the issue from the previous year 2008 - tally of looted kills by a single participant in group or solo.

Cycokick was kind enough to point it out to all.

Marco backpaddled quickly saying oopsies everyone knows now, best we get that fixed for next year.

> https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/176506-merry-mayhem-winners-list-8.html#post2252771

Either way, congrats to the winners this year.

Another event where the confidence of many has been shattered that contribute to the economy each year in preparing for such events with the money they add to the system in skilling & purchases to do so, driving demand and markup value on Calypso.

Hopefully enough intend to stick through this rough period of fuckups to allow FPC (inc MA) the opportunity to rectify & enhance backend systems so we have some diverse competition over and above those involved with winning prizes in events in 2009, later this year 2010 :)

It is of much less value involving oneself with an economy of 500 or so highly active mid-level+ economy-of-scale contributors vs. an economy with 2000 to 3000 or more highly active mid-level+ economy-of-scale contributors.

Last edited:
That's what people in the 4th category thought.... boy is the joke on them :laugh:

4th category is completely another league and will surely not end up there the next 2 years and if I ever do, I rather would not participate because I do not even have a chance to get into the top 200 there.
But in 3rd category you could get around 15k points with an Apis+Dante solo.

This shall hopefully change next year.
They put the rules together full well knowing of the issue from the previous year 2008 - tally of looted kills by a single participant in group or solo.

There should be events for solo players, prices do not have to be anything of real high value. Something like a lottery where you first win the event ticket and then try to win the event.

Anyway....
I wonder if the top200 is even full this year:D

Boy, have i got a whine. i even sent it to Support;

I am extremely disgruntled. This is the reason:

Despite the problem with this year’s rules, which enabled teaming ,I decided to participate, solo, in Merry Mayhem (category 1) , as originally planned. I had no expectation of winning, as I was competing with teams, but I really wanted to see how I fared.

Towards the end of the competion, a problem emerged re. failing to log out, which you explained as due to an exteme lag event, This occurred twice but I was able to compensate for this by reducing my play-time accordingly.After this, I wrote to support suggesting that you track only active time in future events, since people could inadvertently disqualify themselves in this way. I also suggested that you notify disqualified participants, as it isn’t fair to leave them guessing.

I now find that my name does not appear on the top 200, which leads me to conclude that I was, in fact , disqualified. But I have not been informed of this, nor given a reason!

I want to know:

a) why was I disqualified? And , If due to over-extended play-time, I want to know by how much, and – if possible – to see the logs, because my own records say that I was within the time-limit, and if not, then there must have been further (unnoticed)log-out problems, or something.

b) I want to know how many points I scored. I put a lot of time and money into this competition, just for the satisfaction of seeing how I fared. I can accept being disqualified, though I’m sure it’s through no fault of my own. But I don’t think it reasonable. under the circumstances, to deny me that knowledge, considering how much I paid for it!

ref.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...6124-extreme-lag-affecting-mayhem-timing.html

on the brighter side. Great title!:laugh:
+rep

For example, these people have the right to whine:

11 Red Bonic Dragon 22270 29h14m
12 Mito Amanormada Moonar 22123 27h36m
13 Tancred Valerius Marsk 17942 28h37m
14 Elisabeth Eloise Morgan 17726 28h35m
15 Gabrial Aziphirael Stone 13162 29h7m
16 Hol jiriki Lander 11722 26h47m
17 John Hawk Connor 11421 25h39m
19 piccolo colo diaz 8964 29h50m

:D

I have to say I was very disappointed when I first saw the winners list and the amount of points they managed to rack up. But next year hopefully the teams wont be allowed and it will be a more tight competition. I totally misjudged the amount of time I played and the points I gained.

Next year I am making a huge depo and getting my brother to bring me ammo, take back my loot and heal me so I can stay out there hunting 30 hours:)

...although I didn't make top10 I am proud of where I came considering the amount of time I played and that I was doing it solo (I even managed to profit with the hunting):wtg:

I have to say I was very disappointed when I first saw the winners list and the amount of points they managed to rack up. But next year hopefully the teams wont be allowed and it will be a more tight competition. I totally misjudged the amount of time I played and the points I gained.
I was disappointed in the poll results that asked people if they will participate. I knew then I had to, because everyone was a quitter. As seen in cat 4. I mean, if someone were able to hunt just 5 hours with a constant rate and eco gear, the would have won a position.

I was also disappointed to see that many players, have understood the rules, they have been very much discussed on the forum, and decided to go solo, or use non-teamed support.

I was also disappointed to hear how much some teams were willing to pay support members...

I was disappointed in the poll results that asked people if they will participate. I knew then I had to, because everyone was a quitter. As seen in cat 4. I mean, if someone were able to hunt just 5 hours with a constant rate and eco gear, the would have won a position.

I was also disappointed to see that many players, have understood the rules, they have been very much discussed on the forum, and decided to go solo, or use non-teamed support.

I was also disappointed to hear how much some teams were willing to pay support members...

yeah, we hear you.

You're disapointed in anyone who ain't MrProper :laugh: Got it.

Now, I didn't want to spoil your gratz thread by saying it there, but I too , am disappointed that you didn't have the grace to name the people who won your prize for you. Indeed , you exulted "I won" when it really shoulda been "We won" shouldn't it?

Now, I didn't want to spoil your gratz thread by saying it there, but I too , am disappointed that you didn't have the grace to name the people who won your prize for you. Indeed , you exulted "I won" when it really shoulda been "We won" shouldn't it?
You're right, I should name the people who helped me, in public, and mention them for their support in helping me finish this massive task, that I have planned and actively took part of (since I'm not just a dummy loot-it-all avatar).

You're right, I should name the people who helped me, in public, and mention them for their support in helping me finish this massive task, that I have planned and actively took part of (since I'm not just a dummy loot-it-all avatar).

never thought i'd +rep ya, but here it comes :)

Back