Merry Mine-mas Event on FOMA!

Hello, peoples! The Fat one here.
We just finished a HUGE event on Monria last Monday and I am already planning the next big event.
I call it Merry Mine-mas!

The rules are simple. It takes place on FOMA on Dec. 17th at 0:00 Server Time (That'll be Dec 18th for you guys across the pond).
The person with the biggest mining hit by 0:00 Server time the next day wins a fabulous prize! The prize is a Lvl 10 Yog with the Excavation skill unlocked. His name is Mephisto, and he's a very good boy. ^-^
Amps are allowed and, in fact, encouraged!

UPDATED INFO: We will be both using Entropia Life Tracker and Screen shots to verify hits. Sign up for Entropia Life and get the tracker working and post your screen shots to THIS THREAD (The one you are on now). Thank you for your cooperation and for helping to guide me though this, as this is the first event of its kind that I have hosted.

I will be streaming from 0:00 on Dec 18th (server, so around 7 or 8 PM on Dec 17th in America) until 5:00 Server (Midnight in Heartland America), and again the next day from 17:00 Server until 0:00 Server (Noon in America until 7). Stream can be watched at twitch.tv/fattyprophet. Consider tossing a follow today to be notified when it happens.

So, get ready for Merry Mine-mas! Get your mining up and save some PED for probes. We'll see you on FOMA! May Tommy bless your returns.

Last edited:
This is true, but who can turn down something free for doing what you would be doing anyway? ;)
I appreciate the effort here. As a planet side miner, the reward does not entice me enough to think about visiting FOMA. Maybe thats just me, im sure regular FOMA miners might be happy to have an added incentive. If you do want to attract avg miners though, the reward would have to be enticing enough to have them visit FOMA and try their hand at indoor mining, knowing that they have a chance to win something like 500-1000 ped worth. If this were planet side, the reward would've been fine. Just my two pecs as an avg miner😉.

Love this idea! I'm in, because I know I have hit many a nice find on FOMA sans amp just playing it smart.

I appreciate the effort here. As a planet side miner, the reward does not entice me enough to think about visiting FOMA. Maybe thats just me, im sure regular FOMA miners might be happy to have an added incentive. If you do want to attract avg miners though, the reward would have to be enticing enough to have them visit FOMA and try their hand at indoor mining, knowing that they have a chance to win something like 500-1000 ped worth. If this were planet side, the reward would've been fine. Just my two pecs as an avg miner😉.

You can turn around and sell it for about 200 PED, but I guess that's not a lot. Oh well. It's a mining specific reward for a mining specific event.

UPDATE: I neglected to mention that signing up for Entropia Life and using the Entropia Life Tracker will be REQUIRED. I need to be able to track every participant's drops to make the decision on who wins.

Ok, a couple issues have come to my attention. Just in case Entropia Life Tracker isn't working, I would also like it if participants took screen shots of their biggest hits; either a screen shot of the hit itself or the mining deed to prove it. Submit those to this thread you are reading now. Thanks :)

If someone would like to donate some more prizes, I could give a prize for best hit in multiple kinds of resources. It would be cool to have a prize for best crude oil hit and a best iron stone hit, etc. Know what I mean? This would totally be up to whomever wants to help me out, though. If I don't have more than a few prizes, we'll just give back the donations and just do the one prize.

GET HYPED!

It looks like a friend of mine, Billy Rockstar, will be helping by sponsoring some of the event. We have some cool ideas for prizes for various largest hits. Those will be revealed as soon as they are settled. In the meantime, check out Billy, who's started streaming on Twitch. twitch.tv/billyidoleu

Only 22 days until the event. Are you ready? GET HYPED!

One last thing today, if those who are interested could, like Stirge and David have done, post in this thread that you are interested? Trying to get a gauge on who will be participating. Not sure if I want to use a sign-up form or something like it or not. Simply posting "I am interested" will be enough for now and if I do a form later, I can enter you myself. Thanks for your cooperation, and I hope this will be a day to remember!

Oh, and also! Mephisto is the 2022 grand prize. If we do this again next year, I will have a different grand Prize. Going to try to name them with the year they are given out so they can become collectible. Can YOU collect every year's Grand Prize? Yes! Let's goooo!

Last edited:
Getting word now that Tallest Green has some prizes they wish to donate. I'm being told that they are mining related, which is perfect.
To check up on Tallest Green, see their twitch channel twitch.tv/thetallestgreen or if youtube is more your bag https://www.youtube.com/@tallestgreen
We'll probably have a few streamers stream the event the day of including yours truly ( twitch.tv/fattyprophet ). Even if you don't compete, DON'T MISS THE FUN. ;)

Getting word now that Tallest Green has some prizes they wish to donate. I'm being told that they are mining related, which is perfect.
To check up on Tallest Green, see their twitch channel twitch.tv/thetallestgreen or if youtube is more your bag https://www.youtube.com/@tallestgreen
We'll probably have a few streamers stream the event the day of including yours truly ( twitch.tv/fattyprophet ). Even if you don't compete, DON'T MISS THE FUN. ;)
Got two DSEC Seeker L12 (L) for donation for the event.

It's coming... Are you prepared?
Again, anyone interested, please post in this thread. This is happening in just one week!
As you can see, we've got a whole sack of great prizes! As per the rules, anyone can win more than one prize! For example, you could win biggest Lysterium hit and biggest overall hit and get two prizes! Heck, you could win every prize! Get hyped!

3vjd5mh.jpg

Only 3 more days. Here is my roster so far:

David Joker Potanus
Stirge
Sulje (I'm assuming your post was an entry)

Anyone else?
Remember, post screen shots in this thread during the event window (the 17th to the 18th, or 18th-19th if you're in Europe and further East)

I had hoped more people would be signed up for this by now. Chances are you are going to mine somewhere on the 17th and drop probes anyways. Come out and enjoy a friendly competition amongst your fellow miners.

Y'all know we don't get nearly enough stuff like this for our chosen profession and we often feel left behind in events.

Dunno if I actually will be playing on saturday, but if I do I'll burn a few amps on FOMA :)
Nice event BTW!
Sign me up please: Grom Widowmaker Hellscream

Sign me up Aranthir Athal Lander

So... I may not make it to Mine-mas.

My computer tower was bumped yesterday causing the motherboard to die apparently. Trying to get it fixed but it is going to be a while. In the meantime I have what appears to be a 10+ year old dinosaur rig I found at goodwill. It has a Radeon 6450 1 gig graphics card.🤣

My avatar is in space right now as I fly to Arkadia. Most graphics settings are on safe mode, hoping it can render a planet when I land and maybe not stutter too bad.

If it is unplayable I will be out for the event but best of luck to everyone else. I am glad word seems to be getting out now. This is a great thing that Fatty and others have put together.

Well, I may have spoke too soon. This poor thing can run on safe mode with not too much jitter. I am flying to foma now. I believe the event starts in about 3 hours unless I am mistaken.

Grom Widowmaker Hellscream
Rimmer
Aranthir Athal Lander

Got you guys down.
Don't forget to post screen shots of your globals.

Tallest green and Malgar, get with me in game and give me your donations so I can reward the winners on Sunday. Thanks :)

I am up here mining right now, hoping to get a claim to compete for Mephisto.
I can't tell though if the event is one day long or two.

Back